Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48516 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by solonubinho(m): 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
Please allow your wife buy the car. She really needs it. And as a bonus, you'll have a happier home. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by solonubinho(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by solonubinho(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by joyandfaith: 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?

it is her money, let her get a car for herself. your mates are even getting car for their wife.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by midnighter(f): 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase

Please don't mind all these people insulting you, they are very stupid. There's nothing wrong with asking for advice before you take a decision.

Please let her continue with the car to let her know you appreciate her sacrifice and to guard against future misunderstanding.

Try to manage your families' expectations. You can't lower yourself to make other people feel better. If they stop talking to you because of car, that's their own bloody problem.

We appreciate your wisdom as head of the home, good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Opeyemiebun: 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lastingglory:
Chairman, I work in Abuja, my wife works in kaduna. We operate two houses like you. I have a car. I plan on buying her one before June. We don't have children yet but I feel it is necessary to allow her have some mobility instead of all that stress of public transport. It is not waste of money if it eases helps your wife greatly. You are meant to ease the stress for her as her husband.

Thanks alot bro, I wasn't even expecting this to make front page and the fact that some people already attached gender discrimination to it make it more scary.

We are getting for her only for the main time.
People do not understand,i never said she shouldn't buy... Was only thinking sustaining two at the moment is not the best for young couples

The car we are getting for her is just for local use as I cannot encourage long distance driving.

Even coming to Lag to fro... We make use of flight .
So going to home town, going for a function outside the state she resides makes the car useless.

But I appreciate the fact that some older married Men/Women have been able to chip in with their advice
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by EngrMarve(m): 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

Sir, I am also a civil engineer and my advice is this.

get her the car because she needs it more than you do from what I read in this thread. She is a woman, she is like a baby and you wouldn't want her to get old fast due to the stress of taking care of your child.

you can manage and get a car later for yourself. God will see us through and provide

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by blank(f): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
Standardkid240:
To me you're not being fair here, you sound more like an igbo man.

Abeg, no insult Igbo men.

They will rather wear bathroom slippers and buy the latest outfits for their wife and kids. An Igbo man's crown is his family.

(Since we are generalising).

4 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Vloml222(f): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
My advice is getting just one car for now.
She goes through much stress on a daily base than you.
Dont get me wrong, like her job outside lagos,the kid to creche everyday with commercial vehicle...KUDOS to her....well get one car,you can both finance it...

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tranxo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
2sexycom:
Tranxo, abeg free my Ghanaian sister ooo grin grin grin
Reset her towards reality bro grin
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by SmartyPants(m): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase

Guy you can get a decent car for 600k. So if you will lose 600k because you don't have a decent car, why not just buy the car??

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Righteousness89(m): 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

My Brother, if I were you, I will do with Bikes and other means of transportation and get her a car.. she has a kid with her. As men, we will always find our way..

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by jaylehk(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
My brother, your wife's comfort should be paramount. Yes, females are more tolerant of pains but you are in the best position to make an ease. Please let her get it.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Bubzee(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Let her use her money to buy for herself then u keep urs for other investment,it's as simple as abc
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by osayuking(m): 4:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
She deserve the car and needs the car more than you do., you have been working and hustling without a car and you can continue while she has to take care of the baby needs and work too (here comes your child and your wife) two things. You can get one car for her and when she’s not using it then you can take the car for yourself. But first your child needs and then your wife before you.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Bbbwings: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
I feel like woozingg op with very hot slap
When I dey look for this kind babe
No be she get the money.
Let your family members be running their mouth he no concern you
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
tranxo:

Reset her towards reality bro grin
Okay bro. But you were too harsh on her sha...
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by golddare: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Get one car for now, let her have it while you make the sacrifice, both of you can even be sharing it, I know after awhile she will understand the challenges in managing it.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by U2ice(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Let her get hers and you chill for now

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by FreshestManny(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
First off, I would say kudos in recognizing the efforts of ur wife many men would love to have that kind of supportive wife.
Cutting to the chase, I would advice u to let her have a car; let her stress be eased up which in turn can make for a happier wife and like a popular adage says "a happy wife, a happy home". I wish u all the best.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by brightfame: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oga... You don't have problem at all.. you are so lucky to have that kind of supportive wife. If you want to buy only one car, let the car be for her. Try and buy a strong, nice car for her because she deserves it.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Bbbwings: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
awakeuche:
Your wife needs that car more than you would ever.... Here's why
1. She's your best mate, and you want to make her happy
2. It's her OWN MONEY
3. for security of not jumping public transportation with your kids, it's easy to contract disease's especially kids in public transportation.
4. A civil engineer may need a car as you said, but you can do well without it too, I should know as I'm one myself.
5. Do you want a happy marriage?
6. If you really want to be financially erudite, buy the car for your wife and kids and trek yourself.
7. You post comes out as selfish sincerely.
Na so o
Coronavirus is in town
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by proudly9ja(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bro,

I will be honest with you. Even if you end up buying only one car now, please give it to your wife. I live outside Nigeria where the roads are good and the transport network is also good i.e. you have access to taxis, efficient bus routes, train, etc. Despite this, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT for a woman (or man) to move around with a child(ren)! Pushing prams is HARDWORK. Now compare this to Nigeria where you will compete with Okada, buses, etc and pedestrian pavements are almost non-existent.

Please I beg you, either buy the two cars and let her have one (and if possible, hire driver for her) or buy one and give her that one.

My piece of advice

6 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by mzvyne(f): 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
A shitload of Mansplaining

Get two cars or you sacrifice yours for her to buy hers.
What were you expecting to hear?
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by WeRblessed(f): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

One thing I like about your tread is that your 'being' is not spelt as 'been'. Thank you for that.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tranxo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
2sexycom:
Okay bro. But you were too harsh on her sha...
Lol. Vested interest?
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Udi2020: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

my dear I currently run two homes. My husband stays in another state while I stay in another state. He had to give me a car while he had to buy another for himself. Is not easy staying separetly but the lady Worth's it more than u cos she has a dependent on her. Me I have four kids. So please get her the car for now. You can be transporting yourself for now till u get enough money to buy urs
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by victorian(f): 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
steppin:

You single ladies should stop giving marriage advice.
Until you're married, you know nothing marriage.
It's not her money, it's their money, including the man's earning.
They need to come together and make a decision.

Na so!

Married men behaving like kids

It's her money, she plan to use on buying herself a car.

She knows her husband won't lift a finger to pay for a car except for himself .

Newsflash: if he must know, I have a young cousin who bought a Mercede Benz cars for himself and an extra for his 30 years old wife. He didn't come online to ask strangers if he should gift his wife a car. And he didn't seek for our approval. He simply did it, out of his own free will and knowing fully well he doesn't have the patience to always drop his kids at school, then branch and drop his wife at her shop while he heads to work.

My cousin is an inspiration to me, he's meticulous, family oriented, doesnt over labour his wife with house chores. While shes cooking, he's either tending to the kids or washing their curtains or thick duvee. Sometimes he comes back home with take away packs from Spar. Such an easygoing guy.

So Steppin if u guys deserve accolades as married men, be wise enough to handle your homes and family without seeking approvals from faceless strangers.

I'm not married ,but I'm In a relationship and I don't bring my relationship issues here for people to talk about. It doesn't show maturity as married men.
If u don't want any dik and Harry say how u should run your home?
Keep quiet and manage your home appropriately without third parties involved.
Protect your home!

Even me wey never marry know such golden rule.

Can u imagine?

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by stubbornman(m): 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though

See ehn.... dont create a thread if you aint gon take people's advice............... you're far and dont know what she goes through.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by mzvyne(f): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though

Ndi head of the family have come again.

Ok head of the family why aren't you bearing responsibilities alone as Bible God intended?

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Djsylar(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
My simple advice to you is to get a car for your wife. You don't expect the mother of your kids be getting to stressed out trying to get to work and dropping off your child at a creche.
She needs the car most you can always survive. As for customers looking at you and charging you less i think that's where your negotiation skills comes in. Having a car doesn't stop a customer form charging you what they want to. So please remember women are to be treated as jewels must especially your wife.

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Afrikween(f): 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

but you need advice now...... this arrogance nawa.... ogbeni she needs the car more than you do... let her have hers first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.