Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Why Is There A Resurrection? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There A Resurrection? (17290 Views)

Jesus Predicted His Death And Resurrection In The Quran / Rccg House Fellowship Manual(sunday 8th April, 2018) Resurrection / Resurrection By Divine Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:04am On Feb 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Like the moon it shall be established forever, a faithful witness in the skies.” Selah"
- Psalm 89:37

"May they fear you as long as the sun shines, as long as the moon remains in the sky. Yes, forever!"
- Psalm 72:5

Your wish is my command. Heres two for the price of one
Thank you for the two scriptures.

However, I think the whole of Ps72:1- 20 speaks about the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth. In my opinion, some verses indicate such e.g.
Ps 72:4,9,12-13:
"He shall judge the poor of the people, and save to the sons of the needy, and he will break in pieces him oppressing. … Inhabitants of the desert shall bow before him, and his enemies shall lick the dust. … For we will deliver the needy from the powerful one, and the poor and no helper to him. He will spare for the poor and the needy, and he will save the souls of the needy."

Two characteristics:
There are poor people and
There are nations with kings on the earth

On Palms 89:
It's a Psalm of promise to David. The context seems from the time of David to his descendants culminating in the Messiah. Hence verses like
Ps 89:30-32:
"If his children forsake My law, and do not walk in My judgments; if they profane My statutes, and do not keep My commandments; then I will visit their wickedness with the rod, and their sin with stripes."

God will discipline them with the rod rather than destroy them if the descendants of David sins against God and hence God established that His promises will not be cut off as shown in the scripture below.

Ps 89:33-34:
"But I will not completely take My loving-kindness from him, and I will not be false in My faithfulness. I will not break My covenant, nor change the thing that has gone out of My lips."

Hence, Psalms 89 is an affirmation of promise to David's linage.

Back to the specific:
Is the Psalm saying the Moon will exist forever?
I will say the Psalm is not about the terrain of the kingdom but about God's promise to David and his linage as king culminating in the reign of the Messiah.

If in all the other scriptures I have raised the moon and sun are alleged to be figurative, this is the only scripture that seem to suggest that the moon remain eternally: why should this not also be figurative?

My little understanding and take!
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:11am On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Wow! wow!! wow!!!

See the understanding of so called born again miracle performers! cheesy

SUN and MOON will not exist again because that's what is written in his copy of the Bible, so that must be the meaning! cheesy

Well we will tell you whether you choose to listen or ignore!

Before Jesus came to the earth, the Sun and the Moon stopped functioning completely {Joel 2:31} this happened when all the religious teachers in Israel lost their spiritual sight and spiritual darkness fell upon the whole earth, since all other nations having faith in the God of Abraham were looking forward to Jewish religious setting. Jesus came and served as the light for humble and obedient people! John 8:12;9:5

That's why he declared to his listeners that they shouldn't call anyone their (spiritual) Father because God is their Father! Matthew 23:8

So what God's word is saying is that in God's kingdom we will not need spiritual Fathers (Sun) or Mothers (Moon) anymore.

Note what Jesus said about stars falling from the heavens! Matthew 24:29

This means rebellious angels helping false prophets to perform fake signs will be driven out of heaven {Revelations 12:9} but before then he said "the Sun will be darkened and the moon will not give it's light" meaning all the religions people are running to for spiritual insight on planet earth will fail to produce the fruit befitting God's people!
That's the meaning Sir!

The literal Sun and Moon will remain forever and ever! Psalms 72:5 ; 89:36,37smiley

It is not proper to give sheep's food to the wolves.

The sheep of Christ can study scriptures to show themselves an approved workmen who can also rightly share Gods words and purpose. But not the Wolves, for they have made up their minds to confuse what the logos say like the chief wolf.
Mat 4:6:
"And [he] said to Him, If you are the Son of God, cast yourself down. For it is written, He shall give His angels charge concerning You, and in [their] hands they shall bear You up, lest at any time You dash Your foot against a stone."
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

It is not proper to give sheep's food to the wolves.

The sheep of Christ can study scriptures to show themselves an approved workmen who can also rightly share Gods words and purpose. But not the Wolves, for they have made up their minds to confuse what the logos say like the chief wolf.
Mat 4:6:
"And [he] said to Him, If you are the Son of God, cast yourself down. For it is written, He shall give His angels charge concerning You, and in [their] hands they shall bear You up, lest at any time You dash Your foot against a stone."

Itumo o? cheesy

All these write-up means what? cheesy

Sheep that aren't united in thought.
Perhaps your parents brought you up in the city so you don't know how sheep does, please go back to your village and examine the movement of a herd of sheep.

Carefully observe the way and manner they do, i'm sure that by the time you return you'll learnt one thing or the other about Jesus' use of the symbolic sheep fold! cheesy
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 8:30am On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

However, I think the whole of Ps72:1- 20 speaks about the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth. In my opinion, some verses indicate such e.g.
"He shall judge the poor of the people, and save to the sons of the needy, and he will break in pieces him oppressing. … Inhabitants of the desert shall bow before him, and his enemies shall lick the dust. … For we will deliver the needy from the powerful one, and the poor and no helper to him. He will spare for the poor and the needy, and he will save the souls of the needy."

Two characteristics:

On Palms 89:
It's a Psalm of promise to David. The context seems from the time of David to his descendants culminating in the Messiah. Hence verses like
"If his children forsake My law, and do not walk in My judgments; if they profane My statutes, and do not keep My commandments; then I will visit their wickedness with the rod, and their sin with stripes."

God will discipline them with the rod rather than destroy them if the descendants of David sins against God and hence God established that His promises will not be cut off as shown in the scripture below.

"But I will not completely take My loving-kindness from him, and I will not be false in My faithfulness. I will not break My covenant, nor change the thing that has gone out of My lips."

Back to the specific:
I will say the Psalm is not about the terrain of the kingdom but about God's promise to David and his linage as king culminating in the reign of the Messiah.

If in all the other scriptures I have raised the moon and sun are alleged to be figurative, this is the only scripture that seem to suggest that the moon remain eternally: why should this not also be figurative?

You absolutely have your money on advancing a tad understanding and take on those two scriptures, related others and of course the matter in discourse we are having. I was last night putting on the meat you left out responding to Maximus69 but sleep got the better of me. You and Maximus69 should watch this space late PM or thereabouts today for my responses please.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:40am On Feb 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You absolutely have your money on advancing a tad understanding and take on those two scriptures, related others and of course the matter in discourse we are having. I was last night putting on the meat you left out responding to Maximus69 but sleep got the better of me. You and Maximus69 should watch this space late PM or thereabouts today for my responses please.
No problem.
I wish there are clearer scriptures with respect to the moon other than Ps89 though.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Itumo o? cheesy

All these write-up means what? cheesy

Sheep that aren't united in thought.
Perhaps your parents brought you up in the city so you don't know how sheep does, please go back to your village and examine the movement of a herd of sheep.

Carefully observe the way and manner they do, i'm sure that by the time you return you'll learnt one thing or the other about Jesus' use of the symbolic sheep fold! cheesy
Let each person's fruit speak for him.

The Sheep may not be perfect but at least they are still sheep by nature and they belong to the Shepherd who is Christ the Lord. Sheep are of different ages and maturity but yet still belong to the Shepherd who is Christ the Lord.

Wolves on the other hand by nature are wolves even if they act gentle. Their DNA is fixed and we know their purpose as some even put on sheep skins.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

Let each person's fruit speak for him.

The Sheep may not be perfect but at least they are still sheep by nature and they belong to the Shepherd who is Christ the Lord. Sheep are of different ages and maturity but yet still belong to the Shepherd who is Christ the Lord.

Wolves on the other hand by nature are wolves even if they act gentle. Their DNA is fixed and we know their purpose as some even put on sheep skins.

I have heard you Mr Shalom! cheesy
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 9:48am On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

God resting is another term to mean CEASED from active creation.

But then a glorified body wouldn't need to rest from anything (or do you think their would be labour in the new earth ?)

What is the purpose of the night?
If God is their LIGHT, would there ever be darkness?

The bible says the Moon will last forever, so what is the work f the Moon?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 9:54am On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

Certainly, no more SUN. And if there is no sun, the moon even if it exists is useless.
Rev 7:16:
"They shall hunger no more, nor thirst any more; nor should the sun fall upon them, neither any heat."

Rev 21:23:
"And the city has no need of the sun , nor of the moon, that they shine in her: for the glory of God enlightened her, and her light the Lamb."

Rev 22:5:
"And night shall not be there; and they have no need of a lamp, and the light of the sun ; for the Lord God shall enlighten them: and they shall reign for ever and ever."

God Himself is their LIGHT!

I don't say things I do not know.
The Bible says "and the CITY has no need of the Sun"

Its the City that has no need of the Sun not the Earth.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

It's easy to call it false but disproving the doctrines is what you'll never be able to do! smiley

WHY?

Jesus himself said "FALSE TEACHINGS can't yield the type of positivity that's obvious amongst Jehovah's Witnesses globally today!" Matthew 7:16-18

So STOP DECEIVING YOUR OWN SOUL! cheesy

Its false teaching because it cannot be proved in the Bible.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 9:57am On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

False teachings shey? cheesy

Please where is yours that's TRUE and the evidence? James 2:18-26

All you're doing is arguing always with your friends, this has blurred your spiritual sight to the point that even while you can't preach effectively due to confusion in your midst, you're still condemning those whose faith is WORKING globally!

Now i can understand why the Jews in the first century stubbornly refused to believe in Jesus despite all the fine works he was doing all around them!

You people aren't meek at heart, pride is all over you so even when God's people are doing fine works worthy of praise around you, as long as they didn't acknowledge you as men of God as you so much desire, you will condemn all their fine works saying it's evil! Isaiah 5:20 smiley

Where is it written that the Earth would not be destroyed?

Or do you want to write your own Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

I don't say things I do not know.
The Bible says "and the CITY has no need of the Sun"

Its the City that has no need of the Sun not the Earth.

So, where is the city?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses Sir!

If you're not a member of that global family, there is no way you can uncover the masks of wolves in sheep's clothing.

You guys are members of different religious groups, Shadeyinka (ECWA), blueAgent (Sabbath) and you i don't even know, each of you have stepped out completely from the doctrines and teachings of your respective religious groups only to come here and start arguing to prove you have direct access to Jesus without your congregation.

Whatever i say is what about 9,000,000 members of Jehovah's Witnesses believe globally.
So if you can't find Maximus69, my brothers and sisters are all over the place within your neighborhood to tell you exactly the same thing. John 17:20

That's the works of God's Holy Spirit, NOT some contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings all in name of the same Jesus of Nazareth! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

Its false teaching because it cannot be proved in the Bible.

That's exactly the same thing Pharisees told Jesus nah! cheesy

They said "your words cannot be verified in the scriptures, so you're bearing witness to yourselves" John 8:13

So Jesus fervently begged his heavenly father for coming generation of faithful individuals to be able to IDENTIFY true believers in the end time! John 17

Now you're saying the same thing those Pharisees said, but look! About 9,000,000 zealous preachers are teaching people globally to become lovers of PEACE! You and your cohorts have failed woefully to bear any fruit, all you do is argue and argue even against what your religious organization teaches yet you've remained in their midst! cheesy

Thanks to Jesus, he said "if the tree (organization) is not good it will never bring fine fruit" Matthew 7:16-18

So continue arguing as usual with your kind! cheesy
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

Where is it written that the Earth would not be destroyed?

Or do you want to write your own Bible.

Genesis 8:21-22; Ecclesiastes 1:4

Congratulations!

Maximus69 have successfully written those words in your copy of the Bible.

So make sure you edit, remove, delete or even tear that part away, it supposed not to be found in your own personal copy of the Bible! wink
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

The bible says the Moon will last forever, so what is the work f the Moon?
Please check out this

shadeyinka:

Two characteristics:

On Palms 89:

Back to the specific:

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Genesis 8:21-22; Ecclesiastes 1:4

Congratulations!

Maximus69 have successfully written those words in your copy of the Bible.

So make sure you edit, remove, delete or even tear that part away, it supposed not to be found in your own personal copy of the Bible! wink

So you mean to tell me that you cannot refute the facts and evidence I go you. and yet you believe your false church doctrine even when you cannot defend or prove it.

Its obvious you are more interested in Human praise and interest than God's interest.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

Please check out this

Go and read Genesis from chapter 1, the creation account and see why God created the Moon and Sun.
Remember that Adam and Eve where not in our fall state when God made them, but God gave them Day and night Moon and Sun.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

Go and read Genesis from chapter 1, the creation account and see why God created the Moon and Sun.
Remember that Adam and Eve where not in our fall state when God made them, but God gave them Day and night Moon and Sun.
Are you saying Adam and Eve had glorified body?

If they didn't OR they had to work in the garden, then don't you think they would need rest?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

So you mean to tell me that you cannot refute the facts and evidence I go you. and yet you believe your false church doctrine even when you cannot defend or prove it.
Its obvious you are more interested in Human praise and interest than God's interest.

I know you hate reading the Bible on your own unless what your Pastors quote for you.

So Genesis 8:21-22 and Ecclesiastes 1:4 is not in your Bible shey? cheesy
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
shadeyinka:

Are you saying Adam and Eve had glorified body?

If they didn't OR they had to work in the garden, then don't you think they would need rest?

You should answer that question yourself.

Genesis 3:7
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew
that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and
made themselves coverings.

If Adam and Eve did not have a glorified body how come they lost eternal life and death came upon them after they sinned?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

I know you hate reading the Bible on your own unless what your Pastors quote for you.

I laugh, which pastor?

You should have gone through my blog and see before commenting.

Is that how you read and understand your own Bible?
You use one Bible verse as the answer and authority over a doctrine or issue?

For your information this verses do not prove that God would not destroy the Earth and recreate it.

While the earth remains, seedtime
and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night,
shall not cease.”

Of course this is referring to the new Earth God would recreate.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Does the word burnup, heat , melt, fire ,dissolve,noise have another meaning in your dictionary?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Does the word burnup, heat , melt, fire ,dissolve,noise have another meaning in your dictionary?

There is a man called Jesus Sir, he is the WORD of God, i'm 100% sure he is the person passing all these informations to the inspired writers!

He's fond of speaking in Parables Sir and so his followers have become used to his style of passing info involving sacred secrets. So if i were you, i'll read with discernment in other to correlate what i found in his message with God's plans from the beginning!

God created the heavens and the earth, he said both will last forever.

But since you now concluded that the heavens and the earth will be burnt as written in the Bible, can you please tell me why God must burn the two? smiley
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

I laugh, which pastor?

You should have gone through my blog and see before commenting.

Is that how you read and understand your own Bible?
You use one Bible verse as the answer and authority over a doctrine or issue?

For your information this verses do not prove that God would not destroy the Earth and recreate it.

While the earth remains, seedtime
and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night,
shall not cease.”

Of course this is referring to the new Earth God would recreate.

If God wants to destroy the heavens and the earth to recreate another, i think he would have said so. NOT saying it will last forever!

And mind you, try to always include the "HEAVENS" in the destruction because all the quotations where God's word talk about destruction both Heaven and Earth were mentioned! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
blueAgent:

You should answer that question yourself.

Genesis 3:7
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew
that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and
made themselves coverings.

If Adam and Eve did not have a glorified body how come they lost eternal life and death came upon them after they sinned?
You have a point here. It seems Adam and Eve had a glorified body.

But, it doesn't affect the fact that they needed the sun or the moon to survive.

There is only one scripture you can find to justify your position while I've given you about five. You need a stronger argument.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

In the beginning God created these two huge objects for a purpose. So if Adam and Eve sinned and God finally redeemed obedient humans back to himself, his purpose for making the Sun and Moon in the beginning remains! smiley
"1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
The First Day
3And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
4And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.
5God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
"
- Genesis 1:1-5

"13And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
14And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to distinguish between day and night and to mark the seasons and days and years,
15And let them serve as lights in the expanse of the sky to shine upon the earth.” And it was so
"
16God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night. And He made the stars as well.
17God set these lights in the expanse of the sky to shine upon the earth,
18to preside over the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day- Genesis 1:13-19

"He created the moon, which marks the seasons, and the sun, which knows when to set"
- Psalm 104:19

"7He made the great lights—His loving devotion endures forever.
8the sun to rule the day, His loving devotion endures forever.
9the moon and stars to govern the night. His loving devotion endures forever.
"
- Psalm 136:7-8

It is incumbent to recognise and acknowledge that, Genesis 1:15-18, Psalm 104:19 and Psalm 136:7-8, clearly though in an economical and conservative way states the purpose, in the beginning, for making the Sun, Moon and Stars. It will be scientific error or sheer deliberate ignorance at play here, if anyone thinks Genesis 1:15-18, Psalm 104:19 and Psalm 136:7-8, are the only purposes of the Sun, Moon and Stars.

Now, Maximus69 and shadeyinka, fast forward to Revelation 21:23, and Revelation 22:5 we get to find out that there is no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine. There is no need anymore for their purposes, for the glory of God did lighten up there. The sun and moon are there, for the sake of appearance rather than for any other use. It is like having a candle lit up, in a already flourescent light lit room. The candle is just there for the sake of appearance and not because it is needed. Its not that brightens up or illuminates more, anything in the room. The sun, moon stars, are still there, existing a new but this time are rendered redundant.

Revelation 21:23, and Revelation 22:5 doesnt say the sun and moon wont exist anymore, but advances rather that the sun and moon are made redundant.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses Sir!
If you're not a member of that global family, there is no way you can uncover the masks of wolves in sheep's clothing
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-969df3e33dad.gif[/img]

Maximus69:
You guys are members of different religious groups, Shadeyinka (ECWA), blueAgent (Sabbath)
[img]https://s5/images/YouThink.gif[/img]

Maximus69:
and you i don't even know,
[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyHilarious.gif[/img]
Though I be sifted like wheat, my faith will not fail, and I will turn, to strengthen my brethren, for I've been prayed for, by our Lord and Saviour of the world Jesus Christ.

Maximus69:
each of you have stepped out completely from the doctrines and teachings of your respective religious groups only to come here and start arguing to prove you have direct access to Jesus without your congregation.

Whatever I say is what about 9,000,000 members of Jehovah's Witnesses believe globally.
So if you can't find Maximus69, my brothers and sisters are all over the place within your neighborhood to tell you exactly the same thing. John 17:20

That's the works of God's Holy Spirit, NOT some contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings all in name of the same Jesus of Nazareth! Romans 15:5-6, 1 Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3
Still at it, chest-thumping, are we, huh?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
The First Day
3And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
4And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.
5God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
"
- Genesis 1:1-5

"13And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
14And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to distinguish between day and night and to mark the seasons and days and years,
15And let them serve as lights in the expanse of the sky to shine upon the earth.” And it was so
"
16God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night. And He made the stars as well.
17God set these lights in the expanse of the sky to shine upon the earth,
18to preside over the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day- Genesis 1:13-19

"He created the moon, which marks the seasons, and the sun, which knows when to set"
- Psalm 104:19

"7He made the great lights—His loving devotion endures forever.
8the sun to rule the day, His loving devotion endures forever.
9the moon and stars to govern the night. His loving devotion endures forever.
"
- Psalm 136:7-8

It is incumbent to recognise and acknowledge that, Genesis 1:15-18, Psalm 104:19 and Psalm 136:7-8, clearly though in an economical and conservative way states the purpose, in the beginning, for making the Sun, Moon and Stars. It will be scientific error or sheer deliberate ignorance at play here, if anyone thinks Genesis 1:15-18, Psalm 104:19 and Psalm 136:7-8, are the only purposes of the Sun, Moon and Stars.

Now, Maximus69 and shadeyinka, fast forward to Revelation 21:23, and Revelation 22:5 we get to find out that there is no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine. There is no need anymore for their purposes, for the glory of God did lighten up there. The sun and moon are there, for the sake of appearance rather than for any other use. It is like having a candle lit up, in a already flourescent light lit room. The candle is just there for the sake of appearance and not because it is needed. Its not that brightens up or illuminates more, anything in the room. The sun, moon stars, are still there, existing a new but this time are rendered redundant.

Revelation 21:23, and Revelation 22:5 doesnt say the sun and moon wont exist anymore, but advances rather that the sun and moon are made redundant.

Great!

So point to the group that's zealously preaching and TEACHING people all these things just as Jesus sent his followers to go and TEACH people!

Because Jesus said he will support his group with the Holy Spirit to continue steadfastly in doing this work!

Now that Shadeyinka (ECWA) blueAgent (Sabbath) and Maximus69 (Jehovah's Witnesses) have different opinions on the subject, and you've been taught the correct interpretation of those scriptures, can you direct us to the organization TEACHING this sound doctrine?

Or should we come to join you so that you'll continue to use the spirit to TEACH us? cheesy
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Though I be sifted like wheat, my faith will not fail, and I will turn, to strengthen my brethren, for I've been prayed for, by our Lord and Saviour of the world Jesus Christ.

Still at it, chest-thumping, are we, huh?

Obviously Jesus is teaching you DIRECTLY himself, so tell us how we can join you so that this SOUND TEACHING can go round, since those teaching us have deceived us that God's Holy Spirit is their teacher and now from the look of things it's either Jesus himself or the Holy Spirit is the one teaching you DIRECTLY!
Leave Shadeyinka and blueAgent if they're not ready to follow Jesus, i'm ready so that we can spread this SOUND TEACHING! cheesy
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 8:33am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:
Great!

So point to the group that's zealously preaching and TEACHING people all these things just as Jesus sent his followers to go and TEACH people!

Because Jesus said he will support his group with the Holy Spirit to continue steadfastly in doing this work!

Now that Shadeyinka (ECWA) blueAgent (Sabbath) and Maximus69 (Jehovah's Witnesses) have different opinions on the subject, and you've been taught the correct interpretation of those scriptures, can you direct us to the organization TEACHING this sound doctrine?

Or should we come to join you so that you'll continue to use the spirit to TEACH us? cheesy
"Maximus69 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer:
‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers.
I’m certainly not like that tax collector!
"
- Luke 18:11

C'mon now Maximus69, this has gone beyond anymore being funny. Be honest with at least yourself now, does Jehovah's Witnesses 100% teach sound doctrine 365 24 7 hmm?

You're using shadeyinka (ECWA), blueAgent (Sabbath) et al to play the classic unequal in lenght fingers game. Discriminating, on varying levels and not even veiled or subtly done, lol. What you dont know, is that it isnt by accident that God created fingers on our hand to be unequal in length, lol. By design, we all wont be standing tall, to be the same height, lol. Whatever it is our differences maybe, it is no match to what binds and/or unites us together, lol. Find what commonality you have with others, lol. Do you know what happens to fingers of our hand when they come close together and bend, lol? The length differences disappears, lol. Dont be a far-to-see Pharisee.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 8:35am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:
Obviously Jesus is teaching you DIRECTLY himself, so tell us how we can join you so that this SOUND TEACHING can go round, since those teaching us have deceived us that God's Holy Spirit is their teacher and now from the look of things it's either Jesus himself or the Holy Spirit is the one teaching you DIRECTLY!
Leave Shadeyinka and blueAgent if they're not ready to follow Jesus, i'm ready so that we can spread this SOUND TEACHING! cheesy
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-969df3e33dad.gif[/img]
You got more jokes, hmm?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Adeboye & Wife Folu, Sing For Oby Ezekwesili On Her 60th Birthday (Video) / Sites To Download Gospel Songs / #EndSARSMemorial: You Own The Future - Pastor Sam Adeyemi Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.