Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (58762 Views)

I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Lexicon123: 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
cococandy:
I’m sorry I don’t know what to tell you. I’m trying to be sympathetic because you must be troubled to have brought it here.

The question is: Can he not eat when he’s hungry? Does he have to ask you first? If finance is the problem, Maybe ask your husband to discuss with him on how he can contribute. If he’s not in a financial position to contribute then that means you and your husband must provide for him while he’s there. In which case, only have guests that you can afford to care for.

I don’t think it’s nice to expect him to ask permission every time he’s hungry. Unless he’s a minor. And even then I wouldn’t do that. But it would be a bit more understandable since a minor might not be very hygienic in the kitchen and stuff like that.

Food is such an important aspect of life that I’d hate to restrict anyone’s access to it. I think he’d be more comfortable and at home if he can eat whenever he’s hungry without asking permission
� on point �. Taking such things to heart are some of the major causes of marital issues today. Everyone needs to be comfortable in my house. If I can't bear it, I won't allow them come in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by seunfly: 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Exodora:
He will find his way out of the house and tries it else where.Guuussssh I feel I like slapping somebody already!!!!!

May be they way u were brought up, in our house anybody can cook and you dish yourselves. Infact my wife and mother in law are happy with this and wished they had done that in their family because I go to kitchen anytime I'm hungry and I cook my meal while my younger brother also do thesame thing, infact my wife and mother in law love my younger brother's food more and told me behind my wife's back that he is a better cook than my wife.
I really don't see any problem in this thing, I guess op is jobless and domineering kind of person who always want unnecessary attention and reference. Like I said before op is the one with problem here, you saw him do it before marriage and u did not talk but u want to change it just 3 months after marriage. You lure the man and his family to accept u before showing her colour. Who is next, mother in law abi?

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Uniquekriss(m): 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Charleys:
You are still another girlfriend to his brother and when your time comes you will leave.

Your husband needs to talk to him and tell him that you are a different person that you are not his other girlfriends that he brings to the house, maybe he still has that mentality.

I stayed in my brother's house for two years I no even behave like this. I dey look for how to impress make madam no vex influence brother (through sex) make him comot me for house grin

I saw ladies come and go but when this particular one came no be person tell me to behave. Now they're married. If I want to go stay there for two weeks they'll still beg me not to go home because my record there no one has broken. Not even her relatives.
die there na. Do we start clapping for you that u were a good boy-man to your brother's wife? Better go and think of how to own your own home make others begin come. Once bros is married, u as a man should limit your visit, if u go don't spend more than 2days to retain your respect cos no matter how much your brother loves u, when gbege[s][/s] burst ehhhn, your bro would stand by his wife
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Exodora: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

You want him to send his brother away so that you can be happy?
I wonder where you left your sense , what will she gain if her husband send his own brother away .Don't you think is more to the one she is already facing .That guy needs to be called to order my friend .
My sister stays with my cousin but she doesn't go to her pot for the sake of the husband .That is called Respect even she is way to older than her yet she gives her that respect. People like you are the major problem of Nigeria cos they don't see with their eyes

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Uniquekriss(m): 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Try it in my brother Ijeoma's house, u and your body odour will leave that house that day, infact ehhhn, the way he would explain it to other family members ehhhn, all of them would turn against u. Fear d power of a slow-poison
wife. Don't say I told u
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by crackkhaus: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
Exodora:
I wonder where you left your sense , what will she gain if her husband send his own brother away .Don't you think is more to the one she is already facing .That guy needs to be called to order my friend .
My sister stays with my cousin but she doesn't go to her pot for the sake of the husband .That is called Respect even she is way to older than her yet she gives her that respect. People like you are the major problem of Nigeria cos they don't see with their eyes
I'm sure you have not eaten any healthy food today

4 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Exodora: 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
seunfly:

May be they way u were brought up, in our house anybody can cook and you dish yourselves. Infact my wife and mother in law are happy with this and wished they had done that in their family because I go to kitchen anytime I'm hungry and I cook my meal while my younger brother also do thesame thing, infact my wife and mother in law love my younger brother's food more and told me behind my wife's back that he is a better cook than my wife.
I really don't see any problem in this thing, I guess op is jobless and domineering kind of person who always want unnecessary attention and reference. Like I said before op is the one with problem here, you saw him do it before marriage and u did not talk but u want to change it just 3 months after marriage. You lure the man and his family to accept u before showing her colour. Who is next, mother in law abi?
My immediate elder brother cooks at times , when he feels like this is exactly what I want to eat right now or today but he does not dish them , rather he calls us me and my sister , my brothers does that when they are alone with my mum but once we are around they try no shit!
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Etiyeokwe: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
Op, you are not far from a bad woman. From agreeing with your husband that no visitor will stay beyond two weeks in your house to your brother-in law should not go to the kitchen to scoop food when he is hungry. You noticed this when you were still dating but pretended to endure it in order not to lose out. Three months into the marriage, you want him to stop.
Op, what are you?
Do you have parents? What about siblings? If your mother comes to your house, she should not stay beyond two weeks? What about your mother -in -law?
I used to visit my elder brother when I was in school. She would always ask me to go to the kitchen and take food. Today, I am married. I have a cousin brother who usually comes to our house. Sometimes my wife will be in the store when he visits. She usually releases the house key to him and asks him to go the house and eat.
Sorry Op, are you from Mbaise? Those people? Dem sabi only me and my husband.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Exodora: 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
1StopRudeness:

so because I submitted my opinion that this wife shouldn’t lose her peace because of an unimportant issue like who’s greeting who first, spoon and food makes me the same with the brother inlaw....?? You are drama queen...if u will drag with ur own inlaw over this kinda issue that’s ur cup of tea....they are too little for me to loose my own peace...
I have younger ones.. .if they do this it won’t bug me...so if my inlaw does the same kíní big deal?? The problem with people like u don’t see ur in laws as family...there presence creeps the hell out of u that’s why food and spoon and greeting is a level red matter to you
Nothing like nothing seeing them as family.
My sister stays with my cousin that is same age with me but she doesn't go to her .If she is not around she takes any snacks she finds or go out and buy one but she never goes to her pot because of how the husband will feel that is called Respect.Mind you she is older than her but because of something that I can't start saying here she respect their privacy.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by CoolAmbience(m): 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:
Sorry its a bit long. Its just that I don't like anything that will disturb the peace of my mind. And again I have been to their family house and I know he can't do that there then why is he doing it in my place here

I think that your husband has to step in and be decisive about the issue.

They have a family house, so why is your brother-in-law always at your home?

This is your husband's call. Speak with him clearly and respectfully about this.

I hope things don't escalate such that you flare up one day out of frustration, leading to something unpleasant.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Suremikky(m): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
cococandy:
I’m sorry I don’t know what to tell you. I’m trying to be sympathetic because you must be troubled to have brought it here.

The question is: Can he not eat when he’s hungry? Does he have to ask you first? If finance is the problem, Maybe ask your husband to discuss with him on how he can contribute. If he’s not in a financial position to contribute then that means you and your husband must provide for him while he’s there. In which case, only have guests that you can afford to care for.

I don’t think it’s nice to expect him to ask permission every time he’s hungry. Unless he’s a minor. And even then I wouldn’t do that. But it would be a bit more understandable since a minor might not be very hygienic in the kitchen and stuff like that.

Food is such an important aspect of life that I’d hate to restrict anyone’s access to it. I think he’d be more comfortable and at home if he can eat whenever he’s hungry without asking permission

Gbam

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Suremikky(m): 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ginaz:

That aspect you said it’s not nice to ask permission before he dishes food for himself is wrong . As big as I am, when I go out to visit my aunts or friends I do ask for permission to serve myself .

It’s totally wrong to be in someone’s house and not take permission to serve yourself no matter how familiar you are with the person . It’s called manner!!! cos you don’t know if the person hasn’t eaten or that is the last meal in the house at the moment or the food is being monitored so I could last some days.

It’s very disrespectful. What’s wrong in saying “can I serve something to eat?” When you go to a restaurant, you just don’t walk in there and go to the kitchen to pick whatever you want . You first of all make an order.

When you’re In someone’s house , coordinate yourself very well. Haba!!! The brother-in-law have bad manners. She should have corrected them earlier on than now .

Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by victorian(f): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
bukatyne:

If a husband is not ready to leave his family and cleave to his wife, he should not bother getting married.

Wow! Really?

So u are ready to cut off from your mom and sisters because u are married? undecided

Na WA o

May God help men whose wives are planning to isolate them from their families.

Too bad

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by bencarson007(m): 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:
I Need Advice About My Brother Inlaw Attitude

Hello good morning Nairalanders. I have been a guest and a member of this forum for quite some time now. I have equally seen and learnt from the inputs of many issues brought here especially family one. So I decided to create this new account.

I am a new married woman, my marriage is barely 3 months. Before we got married I and my husband agreed that visitors will not stay longer than 2 weeks in our home. Although he begged me that his immediate younger brother whom has been staying with him will stay for a while or comes to stay with us anytime he is on holidays.

I reluctantly agreed just for peace to reign. He shuttles between our home and my SIL homes for now. To cut the long story short, prior to when we got married that I go visit my then fiancé, anytime I cook this guy is fond of dipping his hands into my pot of soup or food without asking me and this is what I am not comfortable with and I really don't like it. I have sister in law too and I have sisters too anytime I go visiting I don't dip my hands into their pot of food without their consent I see it as something disrespectful.

Again, I couldn't talk then because I feel he may say 'ha dem never marry her she dun de get attitude', now he's continued the same attitude. Yesterday, I made food for the house, dished his own, he ate and slept off when he woke up late in the night he went to my pot again and spoilt my dishing spoon in the process. meanwhile I have not dished out my husband's meal.

Coincidentally, my husband came in from work at that moment and I was going to the kitchen to serve him his meal when I saw him doing what I don't like. When he saw me he said 'this spoon dun spoil '. I kept quiet. I later discussed with my husband, told him that I am not happy with the way his brother is entering my kitchen anyhow n because I am someone that don't like keeping things in my mind I like saying it out to free myself. When I told my husband he said we will talk in the morning.

This morning, the first thing this brother in law of mine was to go straight to the kitchen to look for something to eat. This is someone that will eat and keep the dishes, whenever he is around I don't stay in the living room anymore, my room and my phone is my companion because we stay in a one bedroom flat for now. He's giving me this attitude of it's my brother's house so I can do as I please, when he comes back he expects me to greet him first. I am not saying he cannot stay but my main issue is that he is tempering with my kitchen and trying to flex muscles with me.

Pls how do I handle this issue with my husband amicably because up till now he hasn't said anything and it's bothering me?

Madam, you are gonna get a lot of wrong pieces of advices from here...

First of all note that this is your new home... So kindly let the little bugger know that.

That you allowed him dip hands into your cooked food when still dating don't give him the right to do so now that you are married.

I am a man and I always do something... I protect my woman... What brings her peace and happiness is what I will do... My kid bro won't dare dip hands in my wife's pot when she didn't give her express permission. Some little things we take for granted are actually relationship spoilers...

If the kid bro had any sense, he would know that he needs to respect the home owner and not come and start disregarding her...

Auntie your husband is your problem... If he allows this shot to continue, then he respects you not...

I once told my family members to stay the hell away from any woman I bring home... If she make any wrong moves that don't go down well with them, they should tell me and allow me do the discipline part rather than them talk to her in ways that would cause fraca... It's called protecting my woman...

Fix that little bugger before he bleeps you up...

Little rascal

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Sultan5(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
cococandy:
Well then let’s agree to disagree.

If someone lives with me, I want them to feel free enough to eat whenever they are hungry.

In her case, if it’s about finances she and her husband can ask him to contribute or only agree to host when they can afford to.

About feeling too much at home, lol. That’s the whole point. If someone lives with you, they should be able to feel very very at home. Otherwise they shouldn’t come.

That’s why opening your home to long term visitors is not a small decision. Weigh it well, decide and plan how you’re going to finance it, consider if you can stand living with said person for the amount of time they need or want to stay. And then when the decision is made, it’s made. Everyone should be able to live comfortably without walking on egg shells.

Amazing stuff! Wish everyone was wise like this.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by victorian(f): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace, sorry to say u are not a good woman. I'm sorry but that's the truth from my own point of view.
U remind me of my younger brother's fiance. She tried everything to split us apart but my brother didn't heed to her devices.
And she doesn't know how to cook sef, while I'm a perfect cook. When her complains became too much that we are too close, my brother told her look better go and meet my sister to teach u how to cook. Because I love good food. If you can cook like her, then I won't be going to her place every week to eat. I don't joke with good meals.
And this is a girl with parents. While I and my brother were orphans. What kind of training parents give to their children, I just don't understand anymore.

She still won't come and meet me to teach her but she can eat like a glutton by the time Im done cooking, then she will smiles to my brother, wow! Your sister can pursue someone back to the village o, the meal is sweet. Sighs.

And at the slight sign of ill-health from my. Bro, she broke up with him.

Please don't break up the bond between brothers or brother and sisters. It's bad. Be considerate. Take his younger brother as yours. He's free with you thats why he dishes his meal himself.

Anyways I love how life always deal with women like you. Just pray the younger brother does not succeed in life or else God can turn the tables around if your wahala becomes too much for the youngman. That's when u will understand when it means not to be petty or selfish with what u have.

Everything we have in this life and what we've achieved is by the grace of God.

God can decide to take all from you and take his younger brother higher than the one bedroom flat u are feeling on top of the world in.

It has happened to people before you, so please change that attitude and let the brothers enjoy their bond. Be guided.
What's even food sef? That u will be so worked up and complaining about? Ordinary food!

Just too bad.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Sultan5(m): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

it's not because something has been done or not and please I m older than him my younger sis and him are age mates. I m just saying he should respect the fact that he's brother is no longer single.do u know he can come into our room to pick his brother's stuff even wen am inside without excuse or something.

My question is simple have you sat him down and spoken to him about any of these issues before? If not then it's not entirely his fault. You must share the blame too. When dealing with young people you have to let them know what they can and can not do. If you don't they will assume its ok and keep doing it. Not because they hate or disrespect you, but because you haven't told them otherwise or set boundaries.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by YorubaPrince: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
Shallypop:
It's not about being tolerant but showing a sense of responsibility. How can a man dip his hand into his brother's wife cooking pot. When I'm pregnant, my hubby cooks at times but tell me to dish it cos he can put his hand in d pot.If it was a SIL, I could tolerate but a man, tufiaka. Let's call a spade a spade, It is all shades of wrong. Some soup get sour if different hands gets into it. Eg Egusi soup. @ OP, just be patient cos I know u are very upset in order no to overreact. Inlaw wahala can actually break a marriage. If u love your marriage, just tolerate him for the time being.

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by quickberry(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

no pls it's not all about that! do u know when I am not around this guy does whatever he likes at home.finish everything he sees. I just came back from the market now to look for what to cook later in the afternoon. I perceived smoke in the whole house, this guy has fried yam n ate all of it, washed the plate and left the others the way I saw it. as in from 8am -12pm he has eaten 2times not even minding if I have eaten once or not. haba!!

Lame!

Try to be tolerant.....wives(including u) of this generation don't want to see their inlaw(s)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by bencarson007(m): 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
Timileyin1234:

Ask the woman fess whether the husband met her as a virgin. Do u know how much pussy cost these days bro

What's your point sir... What that little bugger is doing is wrong and he needs to Bleep off it cos he is gradually pissing this woman off.... Haba
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Octopusssy(f): 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
congo4ka:

Run away from dogs like this, caution, never wife a biitchhh that reason like this dog ^^
You're expert at detecting who is a dog and who is bitch because your parents are animals. They met on the streets, rutted on the streets and reproduced a stinky, slimy slug- YOU.

Please keep the story of your life offline.

You're ignored henceforth.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Octopusssy(f): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
merahki:

I agree that you can do this
I want to believe you would be badas.s enough to do same while dating? That’s how real people behave
Cos that’s the genesis of this issue- she was pretending to be easygoing before “she became lucky”
Cheers
Oh yes I am. What you see is what you get. I don't give shit_, so I don't accept it. I'm very easygoing until you invade my territory.

The reason why some people have problems in their marriage is they pretend to be who they aren't. Let everyone know you and what you're capable of so that all of creation will bear witness that you never hid your true nature.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Kingininge(m): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ginaz:

Nothing is the same sis. You may be very free and open cos that is you but with other people , you may need to use 6th sense without being told . grin

Which other people? ? This is his brother's house for crying out loud. The young guy must be free!
He was even living there before the wife so the wife should tolerate him.
You can't company a friend's family's house to your brother's house....
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by bencarson007(m): 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
Timileyin1234:

Women narrate something for u and u take it to heart. They are destruction if one is not careful
She doesn’t even say the good part of the BIL
If u register on inmessage, u see different girls that want to get laid by men for shikini amount. I only have respect for virgin

Got you bro... But there are also some devilish virgins too... Bros as for the BIL, he error as he take dey drag kitchen with madam... That's her sanctuary... Bros no go there...
I greet you bros
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Atolu01: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
OP, kindly do not mind the vast majority of comments so far, as Nigerians, generally; and their men, especially; are bereft of emotional intelligence. There is nothing wrong in expecting the same courtesy you would have shown in another's house, to be shown in your house. Everyone has what they like + what annoys them. You are not petty for acknowledging what you don't like, and working to change it. Everyone is "mature" and "perfect" online, but go offline, and see how they quickly respond to issues that hurt them. Does he even tell you "welldone", or acknowledge your cooking? I suggest you talk to him, and set proper boundaries.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by seunfly: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
Etiyeokwe:
Op, you are not far from a bad woman. From agreeing with your husband that no visitor will stay beyond two weeks in your house to your brother-in law should not go to the kitchen to scoop food when he is hungry. You noticed this when you were still dating but pretended to endure it in order not to lose out. Three months into the marriage, you want him to stop.
Op, what are you?
Do you have parents? What about siblings? If your mother comes to your house, she should not stay beyond two weeks? What about your mother -in -law?
I used to visit my elder brother when I was in school. She would always ask me to go to the kitchen and take food. Today, I am married. I have a cousin brother who usually comes to our house. Sometimes my wife will be in the store when he visits. She usually releases the house key to him and asks him to go the house and eat.
Sorry Op, are you from Mbaise? Those people? Dem sabi only me and my husband.

@ I want peace. Kindly note this.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by AmaHopeOn: 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

thank you very much.I have read all through the comments here and for the first time I admire the courage of celebrities for how they have been able to survive online trolls, whenever he goes wrong especially the aspect of 'BADGING' Into our room without knocking. once again thank u

angry he badges into the room. Another one.

Madam, just shift.

There's nothing we could tell you to change your seared mind. A large chunk of people here are now trolls. Trolling you cos you sought for advice. Isokay

My prayers are with your amazing husband. God will sure see him through. He is got so much shenanigans to put up with. May God also grant you the grace to be a better wife
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Nnemuka(f): 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
First time you're making sense. Nice one
you need a job
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by osborn4u: 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
chihes:
well said
Madam, it shall be well with you. Ah! One of the rare breeds. Sense full your head

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Papanwamaikpe: 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nnemuka:

you need a job
I have one already

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters / I Couldn't Say A Word When I Saw This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.