Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (64815 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by AcetylLily(f): 7:29am On Feb 07, 2020
pocohantas:

I don't hate them, I can't see what part of my post means hate. Did I wish them evil? Doesn't change the fact that it is common among the poor and average homes.

This is not the kind of topic the Indimi's and Buhari's will be talking about. If I were from a ricc home, no amount of love will ever make me marry a struggling man. Their problems and mine are different, lets all face our type of problems.

Sis, it is poor troublesome peoples problem. Check all the stories and they have one thing in common, the relatives do not have anything doing where they are coming from or the financial gap between them is usually wide. Rich people are more of meddlesome, they like things going their way and standard. Hardly will you see an (mother) in-law with a hustle and space, come to leave permanently. I have never even seen one!

If OP's relatives are all doing well with their own houses/apartments, I am sure the thought of them coming to STAY will never cross his mind.

100% you’ve said it all you deserve a glass of wine
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by edoairways: 7:30am On Feb 07, 2020
Jokerman:
This is a foolish write up.... I pity you... Try these and see how your end will be

Relatives can visit but not come to live with you.. Rent a room for them...

A word is enough
Hope your siblings are included?
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by osborn4u: 7:31am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
To come and stay as what? Do these relatives not have their own homes? I for one find I difficult staying with couples or another family.
We should respect other peoples privacy. I dont like people invading my privacy even as a single talk more as a married couple.
Come visit and go that very day. If by error, you stayed till late, by next morning you should be off. May you not learn to be receptive by a bitter experience... It's not about what you like or are accustomed to, it is about adjusting to reality. The earlier you know and understand that at a point in time, and as a wife, people will at one point in time seek temporary solace in your home, the better for you. I suspect you are not yet married

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by edoairways: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2020
Meeyankee:

May be 3% no dey among.. Are you from Edo state?
Yes I am from Edo
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Youngzedd(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2020
Ryan03:
you see the woman (wife) as manipulative and a liar but the other women (mother and siblings) that you want to bring in to stay permanently are not manipulative and they dont lie? See how you cause problems for yourself angry

I know my sister better than I know other women.

We grew up together so I know her better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Christmasdon(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
To come and stay as what? Do these relatives not have their own homes? I for one find I difficult staying with couples or another family.
We should respect other peoples privacy. I dont like people invading my privacy even as a single talk more as a married couple.
Come visit and go that very day. If by error, you stayed till late, by next morning you should be off.

. You should be happy people visit u. no home today says no one never visited them b4. the worst thing is 4 ua relative to turn their back on u. maybe due to your behaviour as a wife.Mind what you say.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by ITbomb(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2020
edoairways:

You have to learn to adapt. If everyone decide to bring the so called ethics there would be commotion
You mean "learn to compromise"?
What I can't do, I wouldn't like anyone to do to me.
I can't enter someone's house and put my hand in the pot of soup not even my siblings house.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 7:38am On Feb 07, 2020
Sprumbaba:

I used to be like that till this evil sister in law came on board. I will never try it again.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by proclinician: 7:38am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

I'm not marrying any of you two. So I owe both of you no explanation.

Dear sanctimonious hypocrite someone asked including ur siblings and u couldn't answer that. Shame on u.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 7:39am On Feb 07, 2020
Youngzedd:

I know my sister better than I know other women.

We grew up together so I know her better.
but the other women you don't know are manipulative demons and liars?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2020
edoairways:

Yes I am from Edo
But your says proudly Igbo? Are you a male or female?
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by AcetylLily(f): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2020
Pearl05:
It's good that the newly married couple be let alone to know each other well and be free in their home without burden of relatives from either sides.

My brother who got married recently told mum that after the wedding she will go back to his station with them. To rest after the stress of running around. When it was mentioned to me, I said no way that she won't go yet at least let them stay together for the first 12-18 months alone before on their own to know each other well before she can talk of visiting.

I told her to rather come to my house and rest. She is here now with me and the newly married are on their own.

Sometimes , the man doesn't know the stress and pressure he put on the wife with relatives coming at the wrong time.

After I had my last baby, barely 2 months old hubby brought his mother to come and rest. This move was stressful for me because in addition to the baby that needs constant attention is elderly mum that had to be attended to. Though hubby helps out at times at a point I broke down and was admitted in the hospital.

So the timing of visit is very important.

Yes very correct same applies to me but in my own case I had a househelp; so I was taking care of the baby (bathing, feeding etc) while my househelp was taking care of Mother in law. I cook and dish the food for the house ooo; what the househelp does is to place the food on the table and call MIL to come and eat; while I serve my husband his own .

After a while we had issues; hubby said it’s wrong for househelp to be serving his mother that I should be the one doing it. I explained to him I cooked, dished the food and served you and also take care of baby; and what’s wrong in househelp serving MIL; he said it’s not right; I told him I can’t kee myself ooooo

I don’t know is he right
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Steve28: 7:43am On Feb 07, 2020
For your mind just keep deceiving yourself, do you think is easy out there to get a husband if Incase you are just lucky to be married of which I know you are not yet married. Men are scarce oo, so please don’t give the married women out there this orientation.
pocohantas:
I agree with you OP.

You don't want to know how much I love my dad and only brother. These are the two men that have supported me every step of the way. I can't imagine one FOOLISH husband saying they shouldn't visit or stay in our house or even thinking he comes before them.

It is my father first, mother and siblings, my kid, before my husband.

You can always get another husband, but never another family.

A father is the only man that will spend on you without asking for submission or anything.

My dad reigns supreme in my heart. I can take a bullet in the head for that man, but NEVER will I attempt it for a husband. You see how much I love him?

For that reason, he can come live with us. All my siblings can come, alongside my husband's own.

One big happy family.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by proclinician: 7:44am On Feb 07, 2020
One thing i understand on this thread is that all the idiots here expressing disapproval are women and are saying that their siblings and relatives are free to visit the matrimonial home but the relatives of the husband, the man that owns the house and even the worthless woman are not welcomed.

This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Docahmzy29(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2020
Why will I marry you and then you will tell dat my mum, or my siblings won't be able to come visiting....when is not as if u ar mad

I just feel dis marriage of a thing is a scam,.....and marriage is suppose to be on a contract basis....cos u see most of this our girls are drama queens, what they can't allow for thier brothers they will want to do it for some1 else broda...I just feel after we've given birth den we should all go on our separate ways or maybe we should continue dating not marriage ooo...cos d rate of domestic violence dis days ehn is not encouraging at all.....and I'm totally scared anytime I here that word called MARRIAGE cos I hate problems

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2020
CosmicJames:

Do you know the truth of this matter?
No lady can successfully separate her in-laws from her home without the help of her husband.

No women can separate you from your own people except you want it to be so.

I don't blame women that stop their in-laws from visiting or staying with her in her husband's house because I know that it is what their husbands want.

But their husbands are smart pretenders who put their wives at the front, and putting the blame on their wives to escape the wrath of their families.

Free the women! They are not the problem.
Their husbands is!!

Very true. If a man speaks well of and respects his family members to his wife in private, the wife will too.

But when as a man, you speak ill or poorly of your siblings & parents with her in the bedroom, she will dislike them and show it in the open by being intolerant and unfriendly.

It's all about THE HAND OF ESAU & THE VOICE OF JACOB.

End of Story.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by edoairways: 7:47am On Feb 07, 2020
Meeyankee:

But your says proudly Igbo? Are you a male or female?
Which kinda jamb question be dis one?
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Holyvet(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

I'm not marrying any of you two. So I owe both of you no explanation.
I you reject both of them,will you also reject me?AshiraWealthy
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Mobree: 7:48am On Feb 07, 2020
worworbabe:
Mumu People full this thread especially page 0.

Your relatives can't have their own homes abi. They must come and live with your wife and impose stupidd expectations on her.

You forget that the family you create with her will bear forth Children, your own Children.This is how some of you die young, creating unnecessary problems for your families in the guise of being 'men'.

No one is saying that you should stop relating with your parents and siblings. After all your wife has them too but there must be boundaries.

Your Mother as well as all of your siblings have their marriages to face and see as priority. You have to prioritise your own marriage and family otherwise you would be making grave mistakes.

If you say your siblings suffered with you, didn't her own siblings suffer too. This is the lamest line of reasoning I ever heard. Was she eating sand before you met her?

Many of you are better unmarried and I pity the unfortunate women that end up with you

God bless you!!

Laslas, we will all do exactly what we want. TBH, most of those claiming supermen here answer "Ma" thrice when their wives call them once looool

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 07, 2020
Holyvet:
I you reject both of them,will you also reject me?AshiraWealthy

Huh?
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
Come visit and go that very day. If by error, you stayed till late, by next morning you should be off.

The article says DON'T marry me if you can't abide by this condition. Meaning, the likes of OP isn't meant for you!

BTW I also align 100%!
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Emotionss: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
madridguy:
Women should understand that these our relations have played very important role in the major parts of our lives.

Only a wise woman will understand this words.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by proclinician: 7:51am On Feb 07, 2020
This is unbelievable. Me now as i gather reach i come marry wife. If my mom or dad or sibling wants to visit, there's no cause for a concern here. My family comes first in all i do and they have express entry. They are well educated to know what's good but any woman i marry that will want to come inbetween me and fam should be ready for the papers.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by shugabasbn: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2020
The day my wife says no to my relative is the day her relative will be completely annilated from my house as well. But good wife will not do that sa because they are already tot n prep for such

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Holyvet(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Huh?
Yeah,you heard right.I just sent a message via this platform,and I want you flash me on 07052026828, lets talk.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by NoToPile: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2020
chronique:
I don't know what you guys are arguing about but I guess it has to do with how you all were raised. What are your relatives coming to do in your house if not to visit and go? If your relative has accommodation problem, can't you sort them out if you can afford it? If you don't have the means to sort it out immediately, it's a different ball game. I don't think any woman would be crazy enough to ask her husband's family not to visit him in the house but when it comes to his family members coming to stay with him, it's a different thing all together. On the issue of people going to other people's pots, you guys need to have sense. The kitchen is a woman's office in the home and you don't have the right as a visitor or family member to just go into the kitchen to start serving yourself food.

Even if you don't have sense naturally, the moment you go to a married couple's house, you should at least pretend you have sense and respect yourself. Except the lady is the free type that askes you to go into the kitchen and serve yourself, you have to wait to be served.

The bolded sha grin grin grin

At least pretend to have sense. grin grin
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 07, 2020
AmTruth:
For me I think women always get it wrong in saying no one should visit them when they are married, especially husband's relative.

As a married man I don't think after the support some of our relations gave to us before marriage should lead us not accepting them to our home because we're married. This sends a wrong signal about a wife and people should take note of this.

My wife has been very comfortable allowing my younger ones staying with us because during our courtship she knows I don't joke with my relations especially my parents and younger ones and I defined it to my relations also that no one jokes with my wife.

So in the house, everyone knows his boundaries And we are all Happy and my wife confesses that too. But that doesn't mean that sometimes misunderstanding doesn't come No!

Women should understand that these our relations have played very important role in the major parts of our lives. So meeting you as a wife in a later path of my life should make me deny their access to my home would not be easily possible.

Summit to your husband's decision on the home staying matter, if you want to have a happy married life.

You people don't know the meaning of marriage I swear. You and your wife should learn to live with each other first before bringing your entire family to pack their loads and live with you for months or years. The only reason why mothers would leave their husband's house just to live with their sons and their wives is just to control the affairs of the home which a wife would never allow because it is not right. You'all men won't see the wrong there because they are your mothers thereby saying women are evil if they don't allow your family stay over.
There is a difference between VISITING and STAYING.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by pocohantas(f): 8:03am On Feb 07, 2020
alexola20:
Lol.Grand aunt ke?
I think all the women in my life are "village people" including mother,wife and MIL.

So you can understand how deep is this S/hit..lol

You remind me of one moniker that takes bleaching topics very personal. Is it you?

Lmao! Including mother and wife? Ah! That is some bottomless shît.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Youngzedd(m): 8:05am On Feb 07, 2020
Ryan03:
but the other women you don't know are manipulative demons and liars?

I know her level of manipulation. It's no longer new to me. Women as a whole are manipulative.

Lies and manipulations are how she survives >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-9u9kBoFzQ
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Holyvet:
Yeah,you heard right.I just sent a message via this platform,and I want you flash me on 07052026828, lets talk.

I saw it but if I may ask, what for?
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2020
eni4real:
Bye Bye to paranoid and Stubborn wife!!!
You will end up becoming a divorcee for many times as possible, simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Emotionss: 8:13am On Feb 07, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
bukatyne:

Maybe if the men decide to be good husbands no matter what happens, the wives would not need their in-laws to be their backbone? undecided

My dear there are some challenges we have to face in this life that we have no option but to reach out to family members. This kind of challenges is far bigger than what the husband and wife can handle.

You are not yet married so you wont understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos Of Babies Who Didn't Want Their Shots Taken! / Photos Of Hot Mother And Her Baby Got Instagram Users Talking / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.