Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (64743 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Seunpaul01(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
One, in fact, most of my marriage fear.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Discombulator: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Me that my brother's wife is always begging me to come stay with them.guess some women gets the gist.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Okikaneseokwu: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
To come and stay as what? Do these relatives not have their own homes? I for one find I difficult staying with couples or another family.
We should respect other peoples privacy. I dont like people invading my privacy even as a single talk more as a married couple.
Come visit and go that very day. If by error, you stayed till late, by next morning you should be off.

Las Las now,na one liability de voice out this mess

8 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by chatinent: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
E get why.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by wetmenow: 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
No woman can change the love i have for my parents and siblings . If she try am na red card she go collect. Family first.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by lasmile(f): 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
To come and stay as what? Do these relatives not have their own homes? I for one find I difficult staying with couples or another family.
We should respect other peoples privacy. I dont like people invading my privacy even as a single talk more as a married couple.
Come visit and go that very day. If by error, you stayed till late, by next morning you should be off.

Lolzzzz
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Bear007(m): 10:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
It's called Terms and conditions,

Very important.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by benzzyno(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
BecaciaBarbie:

You are really making a big deal out of this and it’s wrong. What did the Bible say about a man leaving his whole family and cleaving to his wife? It was clearly stated there and the woman has the right over her home unless you don’t see her as your wife truly. If your wife decided today that your brothers should be off, you are to comply because even our Father Abraham complied to Sarah when she made such request, so who are you not to do same?

The problem isn’t even accommodating relatives, but accommodating relatives who only cause more problems in your marriage. As newly wedded couples, it has always been strictly advised not to accommodate anyone until few years, as both still need to get to know each other more. I’d rather have a very beautiful distance relationship with my in-laws than live with them and let the self respect disappear over Maggie issues? It is just common sense, and unless the situation is a life threatening one, it is really not advisable as they might even bang your wife if possible lol even if they are ladies, which is even worse, your marriage might not experience peace for the first few years! If your wife is okay with it, fine...let them in, as some people usually don’t mind but if she isn’t, you shouldn’t impose this decision on her. For instance some ladies like to walk around naked in the house, but having relatives around would obviously hinder such, then she has to be fully dressed all the time. Anyways, it is the couple’s decision to make and what works for A might not work for B.
how about some of us that are Hindus, atheist, agnostics, Buddhas, traditionalists.. Do we have to obey the "cleaving" theory of Christianity?

10 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by sholay2011(m): 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
Liposure:
As 4 me O, B4 marriage my family comes first. After marriage, my wife comes first. Nonetheless, my relations can live wit me as long as dey dont disrespect my wife
Intelligent comment.

And in addition, my wife should not in anyway disrespect my family even though she comes first.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by ngddon(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
My late brother's wife chase us ,hate every member of my family also assassinated him in her village .As if that was not enough ,she don't even want the children to come close to the husband family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
Very bad
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by GraGra247(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
bigiyaro:
OP u are very correct, after ur blood family have finished raising and molding u, one woman will enter and start forming 'my husband' while she was never there in the beginning. some migth even leave when the going gets very rough but ur blood family will still be dia for u, they were around when u have nothing and will still be around when u have everything,

a woman was complaining about soup in one thread because of the Hubby's brother, what if it was her own Darling junior brother? Let us beware of such stingy and self-centered women.

I don't agree with the later part of your comment. That woman's complaint in the other thread is 100% genuine. It is total and utter unacceptable disrespect to a man and his wife if the man's younger or even elder brother has to stoop so low to dip his hands in the woman's pot of soup.

It is completely inexcusable and should be condemned massively and in totality.

19 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Youngzedd(m): 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
MhizzV:
Rules are meant to be followed not broken...for every rule my husband will impose on ma family,it will be applicable to his...and any rule I impose on his family, will be applicable to mine too...

Say you give am money to start business

Women of this days wants equality they can never get from a real man. Well, there will always be simps out there to fill the vacuum.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by americaninja1: 10:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
Counter thread, to counter the woman having issue with her BIL. When Buhari said Una belong to d kitchen and oza room, all of u scream NOOoo. Don’t relegate us to d kitchen, but Na only kitchen Una dey claim ceo for house.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Thank you ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by AmazonHippolyta(f): 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Jokerman:
This is a foolish write up.... I pity you... Try these and see how your end will be

Relatives can visit but not come to live with you.. Rent a room for them...

A word is enough

Wise words

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Women must understand that without those people around her husband, there will be no 'he'. These are the people that helped shaped the man's life. Whether they contributed positively or negatively to the man when he was growing...woman, accept them and give advice to your husband tactfully when necessary. I was surprised when I read a story of a newly wedded woman here on nairaland complaining about her brother in law taking food from the pot, breaking spoon, waiting for who to greet each other and so on...haba. I have known a man that divorced his wife just because of this attitude. Pls ladies, be mature mentally before saying I do. Accept them, and whereby for their own selfish reasons they don't like you and wont want you to have peace in your own husband's house, God will surely visit them in anger and fight for you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Youngzedd(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
CosmicJames:

Do you know the truth of this matter?
No lady can successfully separate her in-laws from her home without the help of her husband.

No women can separate you from your own people except you want it to be so.

I don't blame women that stop their in-laws from visiting or staying with her in her husband's house because I know that it is what their husbands want.

But their husbands are smart pretenders who put their wives at the front putting the blame on their wives to escape the wrath of their families.

Free the women! They are not the problem.
Their husbands is!!

You underestimate women. They are naturally manipulators, same goes to telling lies. That's how they are made, you need to understand that and flow with them.

I think you really need to study more to understand women.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by fredopareto(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
AmTruth:
For me I think women always get it wrong in saying no one should visit them when they are married, especially husband's relative.

As a married man I don't think after the support some of our relations gave to us before marriage should lead us not accepting them to our home because we're married. This sends a wrong signal about a wife and people should take note of this.

My wife has been very comfortable allowing my younger ones staying with us because during our courtship she knows I don't joke with my relations especially my parents and younger ones and I defined it to my relations also that no one jokes with my wife.

So in the house, everyone knows his boundaries And we are all Happy and my wife confesses that too. But that doesn't mean that sometimes misunderstanding doesn't come No!

Women should understand that these our relations have played very important role in the major parts of our lives. So meeting you as a wife in a later path of my life should make me deny their access to my home would not be easily possible.

Summit to your husband's decision on the home staying matter, if you want to have a happy married life.

story..Die first den we can judge from ur principle..

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Graxie(f): 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=Mizwisdom post=86439584]

You're a sensible man, don't mind those kids that's why many will be poisoned all in the name of trusting family wholeheartedly[/quot] So your family can poison you?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Shallypop(f): 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
ITbomb:
No one, not even my brother and sister should put hand in my pot of soup and take out meat, it is courtesy and family ethics.
For someone like me brought up with this mentality, I can't even stand it be you who
You are among the few people with common sense. I cant even feel comfortable if I was a man dishing food from my brother's wife pot. If she ask me to dish my food , I consider that an insult.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Chuksfela1(m): 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
Offpoint:
Lol, I don't see any woman capable of stopping my relatives visitations OR staying... it's not negotiable, not even in a sec.

They got from age zero, I met you halfway...
Respect your boundaries, accord them same respect you wish and they'll reciprocate. If you Do any how, don't expect my intervention. I know them better than you, I know what they can do and what they can't.
u are correct my guy
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Zackattack: 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
ITbomb:
No one, not even my brother and sister should put hand in my pot of soup and take out meat, it is courtesy and family ethics.
For someone like me brought up with this mentality, I can't even stand it be you who
Hello, before you open your mouth to talk trash, "put hand in pot" is not literal. It's a way of saying someone is taking food from your pot, not literarily putting their hand in pot. Let's be guided. The lady even talked about his brother in law spoiling her spoon in the process.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Influential101: 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
See men talking as if the wives don't have their own families that stood by them while growing up too undecided undecided .. Na only una get family ?

28 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by americaninja1: 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
ngddon:
My late brother's wife chase us ,hate every member of my family also assassinated him in her village .As if that was not enough ,she don't even want the children to come close to the husband family.
I said dis in d last thread. If u see a woman nt accommodating her husband family she has a hidden agenda. They will destroy the family and create generational enemies among d families

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by bumi10(m): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
ma worry

time still dey

when u reach 30 or 35 tune go change
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by benzzyno(m): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
Mi casa su casa.. La familia... Hasta lavista if you can't stand mi familia..

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Suremikky(m): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
ITbomb:

Na only poverty dey make person attach so much importance to pot of soup...if you taste better wealth I bet you food go be the least of ur worries..that una family ethics is poverty motivated

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by iliyande(m): 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
BecaciaBarbie:

You are really making a big deal out of this and it’s wrong. [b]What did the Bible say about a man leaving his whole family and cleaving to his wife? [/b]It was clearly stated there and the woman has the right over her home unless you don’t see her as your wife truly. If your wife decided today that your brothers should be off, you are to comply because even our Father Abraham complied to Sarah when she made such request, so who are you not to do same?

The problem isn’t even accommodating relatives, but accommodating relatives who only cause more problems in your marriage. As newly wedded couples, it has always been strictly advised not to accommodate anyone until few years, as both still need to get to know each other more. I’d rather have a very beautiful distance relationship with my in-laws than live with them and let the self respect disappear over Maggie issues? It is just common sense, and unless the situation is a life threatening one, it is really not advisable as they might even bang your wife if possible lol even if they are ladies, which is even worse, your marriage might not experience peace for the first few years! If your wife is okay with it, fine...let them in, as some people usually don’t mind but if she isn’t, you shouldn’t impose this decision on her. For instance some ladies like to walk around naked in the house, but having relatives around would obviously hinder such, then she has to be fully dressed all the time. Anyways, it is the couple’s decision to make and what works for A might not work for B.

So a woman who tolerates her husband relatives is a against the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Influential101: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
AmTruth:
That's why I said that misunderstanding is inevitable, but women must learn to tolerate it for them to truly have a happy married life.
Women must tolerate ? really ? tolerate nonsense in her own home?

I hope when your wife's siblings also have misunderstandings with you, you'll tolerate so you can also have a happy home? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by majestique(f): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
hmmm...
very annoying and immature post.
very annoying and immature comments.
so your relatives relocating to your house is a true test of love?
someone creates a topic to express her pain in her barely four months marriage and you create a counter topic, to achieve what exactly? kids everywhere!
thank God for the few mature ones who gave sensible comments.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Help! My Sister In-law Is Seducing Me / Pregnant Lady Strips To Pant & Bra To Show Her Pregnancy Journey / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.