Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,327 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? (62663 Views)

How To Ask Your Boss Out / Is It Appropriate To Ask My Cousin To Be My Valentine? / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
grin grin
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
officialfestus:
My stake on this is,she will agree and over 2.5
The chance of this happening is almost 100 odds. I'm not staking. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2020
victorian:

Bad bad bad idea.

As a boss in my company. No employee tries such with me. I don't allow it. Even if I'm friendly and easy to approach, it shows in my Countenance I don't allow intimacy between me and my employees and students as well.
In my belief, it's bad for my business. Complete bad omen dating my staff or matured students who are like bankers, doctors, Marketers, engineers learning the art of unisex sewing. I dare not. Very bad for business. That's my belief.

Then seecondly, She will feel u will undermine her authority and tell your colleagues both of u are dating or u took her out on val and possibly kissed and shagged her mercilessly that night. Such ideas, no responsible female boss would like to envision it

Just leave her jeje, with her post online.

Her kind will ping her tonight sef and ask her out.

Don't worry your mind about it. She will be fine.

But u sef get mind o

You are joking with your job. Be ready to loose it, if u know what's good for u.
thank God I don't work for you, nope she's not like you, she very simple and I have studied her to know enough... this is not Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2020
Millerules:
Has she read the msg? If yes, depending on the content - which I have no idea about - wait till later tonight and if she still did nt reply and call her to simply apologize if at all you crossed the line
not read, not online

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
spiceadole:

Okay Na.

Oyinbo puzy dey shack you.

By the time she calls you a pervert,you will understand
. She's kinda dark though, plus na marry I wan marry, I no kee person

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by roybanjo100(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
My boss posted on her WhatsApp story "Who will be my Val" and other series of messages concerning taking her out for Val.

I'm older than her and she respects me, deep down I really like her, I don't know if I should ask her playfully, we chat a lot. I tease her a little bit when she posts a picture that is not fine and we laugh over it.

I want to tell her if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date I can be her back up plan. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her that. I need honest and matured opinions please.
you don get another job shey?

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by franchasng: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
victorian:

That's where u got it all wrong about some women.
I don't show pride or ego either but I never take rubbish in my office.
Haba! Just listen to yourself. I wonder why broke men feel if a female boss is nice to them, means she wants to get laid.

Sighs! Your mumu na follow come!

Jeez!
shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by A305: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
victorian:

Bros! With what uv said that u are playing with your boss mind.

Mehn that's like adding fuel to a burning fire already.

If I were the boss, u are fired! I hate mind games.

It's better for him to be quiet and don't say anything anymore at this level and pray for God to touch her heart not to get more pissed.

Very annoying tactics.
You seem not to understand Vic.

He isn't necessarily playing with his bosses mind. He is also cover up his track if ever back fires.

The human mind is never neutral. It wells ups with leads and pattern before you make your decision as human. For example; Nobody ever wakes up to fall out of love with their partner, their partner must have been doing wrong for the other person to be having another notion about them.

Now how does this concern the op?

His boss has been friendly enough to often chit chat with him hence, the reason for the intent to push forward ask his boss out. (There is a pattern here already which is the short chit chat and friendly talk with his boss.)

Now, if he is gonna pull this off (shooting his shot) he should just build on that pattern which he already has with his boss. Send the val message and then get funny about it with a funny message afterwards. It's now left for his boss brain to filter the message to reply to the one which she feels she wants -- Is it the val(relationship) or funny message indicating let's just keep it at that chit chat level.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Millerules(m): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Relax then, nothing do you
iphi:
not read, not online
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Emmymarvel(m): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
This one just want to lose is job because of Valentine. Happy searching on your next job bro
iphi:
My boss posted on her WhatsApp story "Who will be my Val" and other series of messages concerning taking her out for Val.

I'm older than her and she respects me, deep down I really like her, I don't know if I should ask her playfully, we chat a lot. I tease her a little bit when she posts a picture that is not fine and we laugh over it.

I want to tell her if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date I can be her back up plan. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her that. I need honest and matured opinions please.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
franchasng:

Op read the comment below:

FINAL NOTE FROM ME TO YOU OP AND OTHER GUYS READING: Black women (especially Nigerian women) don't date or marry down, they date and marry up! Black women only date and marry down if and when they have failed severally in getting their desired man at the top.....and maybe after several heartbreaks by their dream guys at the top....then and only then can a financially buoyant Nigerian lady will start dating and marrying down and of course out of frustration and management....and she must have approached the age of 35yrs and above for her to come to her senses that she cannot get guys at the top to marry or love her like she daydreams.

So op, is your boss above 35yrs and been heartbroken by several buoyant men in the past If yes, then give it a try....if your answer is NO, you better let the sleeping dog lay...she is posting that message for some guys at the top that she wishes to have not for guys below cool cool
she's not a Nigerian and she's 26

7 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
CSTR2:
This guy is just selfish.
You are trying to put your boss in an uncomfortable position especially if she respects you.

You only do things like this when you no longer work in the organisation.

You have made the workplace awkward.
na wa ooo...

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Theboss38: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
No harm in trying bro,who knows if she is secretly admiring you.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
West2019:
cos she is chatting and laughing wit you .you want to ask her out abi try it
jokingly please
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by ofegeloungeyah(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
Why ur boss? Don't ever and please lower ur gaze whenever u are with ur boss.....no go put mirror under her table...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by femi4: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

Go ahead..nothing do you. I ll leave you with Esther 4:16
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by 3RNEST(m): 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
UK and she's from Indonesia
Wow smiley
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
victorian:

That's where u got it all wrong about some women.
I don't show pride or ego either but I never take rubbish in my office.
Haba! Just listen to yourself. I wonder why men feel if a female boss is nice to them, means she wants to get laid.

Sighs! Your mumu na follow come!

Jeez!
haba, it has not gotten to this, like I sent before 'jokingly', this is not the first time I'm joking with her just that inside me I want to date her
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by franchasng: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
she's not a Nigerian and she's 26
If she's a white lady or an African lady from French country, you can try but if she is from English speaking West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana, etc.....just park one side to avoid perpetual embarrassment and loss of your job

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by clevybrown(m): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
I can't tell you exactly what I sent to her, but it was something like this... Hello J, how are you? blah blah blah... I saw your WhatsApp story, just incase they still don't know your worth I can be the back up date.. Lol.. I know this awesome Chinese restaurant where you will be served your favourite, or I could just order it if you want... Blah blah blah.... Joking something
sounds cool bro... No hard feelings. Trust me it will go down well, even if it doesn't end up with a date, at least she will see it as one of ur usual funny jokes... Just relax, it's a 60:40... U stand a better chance. Again, I say relax. wink

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by BoleAndFish: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
one cold Pepsi for you... I'm gonna be extra careful with words
grin grin grin
Remember to coman tell us how it went.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
she's not like our Nigerian bosses, she has never showed any pride or ego since I started working under her

While I'm the last one to ever take a conventional stand in discussions, I have noticed that not once did you ever point out that she has given you the green light. Not once did you point out she has made any sort of references to being open about a relationship. No sort of flirting between you both. Those things usually come in between a woman who is interested and a man. Then again, being that she is Indonesian, I might not be too sure about their cultural upbringing. Some Asian countries can be as morally uptight as African when it comes to women showing feelings first. I had an experience with two ample chested girls a long time ago 7 years or more. I'll call them E and D. E was dark, pretty by my standard then and a few years older. D was fair, plump and about my age. D was totally in love with me but I had eyes for only E. Funny thing is, if you see me and E intertwining ourselves when playing like two earthworms eh... You go feel say we don born like two kids. Only between us both do we know that the limit no form of sensual touch allowed. If I try it, face go change instantly. She was engaged bros. The whole shenanigans and friendliness with me wasn't because there was any sort of openings in her heart or between her legs, but that's just who she was and she expected her boundaries to be respected. My point is that you just MIGHT be reading too much off inconclusive data and jumping to conclusions about what she'd allow. Good luck with everything though. I'm following and am absolutely eager to know how it turns out. Mention me if you can. At least I'll be happy one more brother has been rescued from the valentineless crew cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
haba, it has not gotten to this, like I sent before 'jokingly', this is not the first time I'm joking with her just that inside me I want to date her
Has she given u a reply?
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
khalids:

By nature, women will only date their superior or people at par with them...

Women have a lot of pride.....and your mare asking her will be regarded as an insult that may lead to your sacking......

she doesn't see it this way.... I know how to keep things professional I just want to know her reaction for this, then I will know what to do next
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
budaatum:
Can somone please find this person one of the many threads of those who complimented their boss on whatsapp and had to start looking for another job.
gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Unconquerable: 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

Dude, the reason why some men tower above their contemporaries is because they defy the status quo and break the rules. Ask her in a civil way if you could both celebrate Val together and you will see she will welcome it unless she already has a better date. Nothing venture nothing gained.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by CSTR2: 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
na wa ooo...
If you get fired, you deserve it.

You cannot come and make the workplace uncomfortable for your boss.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by NoChill: 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
this one is way different please

See what you'll do brother, just as she posted that she doesn't have a Val, you too should post on your status that you don't have Val, and limit the view to only her contact then check her reply

3 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by CSTR2: 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
Unconquerable:
Dude, the reason why some men tower above their contemporaries is because they defy the status quo and break the rules. Ask her in a civil way if you could both celebrate Val together and you will see she will welcome it unless she already has a better date. Nothing venture nothing gained.
And if they go for Valentine, what happens?

They start dating or what?

Any respectable HR would fire both of them.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by virago(f): 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

I hope you have a back plan for another job
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Ay04z(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
budaatum:
Can somone please find this person one of the many threads of those who complimented their boss on whatsapp and had to start looking for another job.
u no dey forget something chai. grin. Anyway it might end in tear or joy for this op. Await ur result next week monday. Will be waiting for ur thread grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Caught My Younger Brother And Sister Having sex,what Should I Do? / 10 Ways Ladies Frustrate The Life Of Short Guys / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.