Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? (62716 Views)

How To Ask Your Boss Out / Is It Appropriate To Ask My Cousin To Be My Valentine? / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Samsonklin(m): 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2020
The truth is you won't agree to be her back plan after u lick vita milk finish. Believe me or not, na true yarnings I clear you so. Good luck all d same chief.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
spiceadole:

Being older than her doesn't matter.
The fact that she is your boss is what matters.

Keep your valentine to yourself...else risk losing your job.

Women and men are wired differently.
A male boss doesn't mind flirting or having a serious affair /outing with his female staff.
But female boss? Your position as her staff already makes you too small.

Mind your business oooo...
Else begin job hunting
she's not like our Nigerian bosses, she has never showed any pride or ego since I started working under her
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Niccoloimhotep: 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
bros 1 hour, 3 minutes she has not replied, omg, I'm low key scared o
lol, nothing dey happen. Dont forget we are Nigerians, we never give up. And in a situation like this, patience always comes in handy. Relax

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by sharpwriter(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
Openbusiness:
Unless you are Denzel Washington or Anthony Joshua, abort mission cheesy
Lol... Will Smith nko?
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by aoshea18: 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
golddare:

Why not, give it a shot, if you succeed, fine, if you fail you will know you tried. Life is a risk and the worst that will happen is for you to join the job hunters next week.
However, dont present yourself as a back up plan, be a man, just ask if she can be your val. If she say yes, treat her with respect and dont fool yourself.

Best advice IMO. Take the risk but be a man about it and have it at the back of your mind you might need to get another job or get posted to another branch of the company IF it works out. Might be a bit awkward dating your boss.

Modified: You're a Nurse in the UK. No qualms. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by spiceadole: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
she's not like our Nigerian bosses, she has never showed any pride or ego since I started working under her

Okay Na.

Oyinbo puzy dey shack you.

By the time she calls you a pervert,you will understand

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by etibaba(m): 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
gingercrazy:
Thread like my boss now hate me

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by taiwosamwell(m): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
BabbanBura:

It's okay to ask her out but the manner you say it makes the difference. How about saying, Mickey, there is this nice restaurant that organises special valentine theme evenings of feb 14th, would you mind, perhaps if you open this evening, so we can go there? We can as well see a movie at xxxx (must be a very unique place) after the dinner. Believe me, she no go vex.

By the way, that's my package for my
woman
You be boss for the game ni yen ooo
The format is madd Oh
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by victorian(f): 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2020
A305:
Don't be scared son!

Back up that initial message with any funny relationship short story you can find on google so if she get pissed, you would tell her you just joking and that she shouldn't mind you hence, the reason for the funny story after the message.

You actually playing her mind in two ways Which ever way it bounces back wouldn't hurt.

Bros! With what uv said that u are playing with your boss mind.

Mehn that's like adding fuel to a burning fire already.

If I were the boss, u are fired! I hate mind games.

It's better for him to be quiet and don't say anything anymore at this level and pray for God to touch her heart not to get more pissed.

Very annoying tactics.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by sleek82(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
My boss posted on her WhatsApp story "Who will be my Val" and other series of messages concerning taking her out for Val.

I'm older than her and she respects me, deep down I really like her, I don't know if I should ask her playfully, we chat a lot. I tease her a little bit when she posts a picture that is not fine and we laugh over it.

I want to tell her if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date I can be her back up plan. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her that. I need honest and matured opinions please.
For me, I see nothing wrong....if she takes it nicely!

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
Martinez39s:
Yes.
noted , happy new year grin
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by smitaro(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
she has matured mind and thinks before she reacts

oga d way it seems, na only u fit advice urslf cos u knw her beta, if shez nt d pompous type den ur good 2 go, if oda wise den oyo is d case.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by sinkhole: 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
This OP likes flying in airplanes and I think his next plane to Nigeria will be free embarassed embarassed
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Millerules(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2020
Has she read the msg? If yes, depending on the content - which I have no idea about - wait till later tonight and if she still did nt reply and call her to simply apologize if at all you crossed the line
iphi:
should I call her?
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by SURElee(f): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
the thing is I have already sent the message, she has not read it oooo... My mind is doing me gbim! gbim!! gbim!!!

It's either a yes or a no. Na only once man dey die. To woe a woman be confident, we smell fear and it is disgusting to we strong women. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Studyinchina200(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
Why can’t you focus on your work?

Later you will blame Buhari for your miseries.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
clevybrown:
what's the exact content of the message u sent to her so we can tell u if it will go down well or not grin
I can't tell you exactly what I sent to her, but it was something like this... Hello J, how are you? blah blah blah... I saw your WhatsApp story, just incase they still don't know your worth I can be the back up date.. Lol.. I know this awesome Chinese restaurant where you will be served your favourite, or I could just order it if you want... Blah blah blah.... Joking something

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by franchasng: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
My boss posted on her WhatsApp story "Who will be my Val" and other series of messages concerning taking her out for Val.

I'm older than her and she respects me, deep down I really like her, I don't know if I should ask her playfully, we chat a lot. I tease her a little bit when she posts a picture that is not fine and we laugh over it.

I want to tell her if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date I can be her back up plan. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her that. I need honest and matured opinions please.

Op read the comment below:

budaatum:
Can somone please find this person one of the many threads of those who complimented their boss on whatsapp and had to start looking for another job.

FINAL NOTE FROM ME TO YOU OP AND OTHER GUYS READING: Black women (especially Nigerian women) don't date or marry down, they date and marry up! Black women only date and marry down if and when they have failed severally in getting their desired man at the top.....and maybe after several heartbreaks by their dream guys at the top....then and only then can a financially buoyant Nigerian lady will start dating and marrying down and of course out of frustration and management....and she must have approached the age of 35yrs and above for her to come to her senses that she cannot get guys at the top to marry or love her like she daydreams.

So op, is your boss above 35yrs and been heartbroken by several buoyant men in the past If yes, then give it a try....if your answer is NO, you better let the sleeping dog lay...she is posting that message for some guys at the top that she wishes to have not for guys below cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by CSTR2: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
This guy is just selfish.
You are trying to put your boss in an uncomfortable position especially if she respects you.

You only do things like this when you no longer work in the organisation.

You have made the workplace awkward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by adebayo3449(m): 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
I can find another job, can I find a woman as humble as she can be? I wouldn't know unless I find out, and I'm playing it safe too
I have started following
Good luck
Please let's know the outcome
Thanks
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by West2019(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

cos she is chatting and laughing wit you .you want to ask her out abi try it
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by victorian(f): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

That's where u got it all wrong about some women.
I don't show pride or ego either but I never take rubbish in my office.
Haba! Just listen to yourself. I wonder why men feel if a female boss is nice to them, means she wants to get laid.

Sighs! Your mumu na follow come!

Jeez!
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by praz001(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
It's either a yes or a no.... Abegi...! No worries..

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by abirescholar567: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
He like say you don get another in nnpc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
TomMary:
Please drop the name of your company or boss .. I want to send in my CV in advance in case you enter trouble...

Its like you don't value your job

11 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by franchasng: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
CSTR2:
This guy is just selfish.
You are trying to put your boss in an uncomfortable position especially if she respects you.

You only do things like this when you no longer work in the organisation.

You have made the workplace awkward.
#WORD
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by frozen70(f): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
wow!!! Beautiful see why I brought this here... Hmmm... Although its winter here, I have other ideas in my head for the ice cream... Thanks

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by DaddyMorenike: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
ok yea I see why people are scared, she's from Indonesia, I will not even put this here if she's Nigerian
well, the ball dey your court Sha. You can try.
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by hinere(m): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ask her out Jor...you never know...She might probably have a deep crush on you and just waiting for you to make a move.

No harm in asking...playfully do it via chat since u both chat alot. That's a good way to start....

Highest she might say is "I'm not interested or I have plans"....no shaking....life goes on...you just laugh it off with "I was only joking...I also have plans too"...life goes on. Monday work continues...

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by khalids: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
no sir
By nature, women will only date their superior or people at par with them...

Women have a lot of pride.....and your mare asking her will be regarded as an insult that may lead to your sacking......

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by aoshea18: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
A305:
Don't be scared son!

Back up that initial message with any funny relationship short story you can find on google so if she get pissed, you would tell her you just joking and that she shouldn't mind you hence, the reason for the funny story after the message.

You actually playing her mind in two ways Which ever way it bounces back wouldn't hurt.

No. If she's smart she'd know he's fishing and that's not mature. A man should be able to act and stand by his actions. He's not in Nigeria. Only worry is being accused of sexual harassment. So long as it's a properly worded message, he's fine. He's tense because he really likes her. He already made the move. He should patiently wait for her response. I hope it's positive. I love happy endings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
I can't tell you exactly what I sent to her, but it was something like this... Hello J, how are you? blah blah blah... I saw your WhatsApp story, just incase they still don't know your worth I can be the back up date.. Lol.. I know this awesome Chinese restaurant where you will be served your favourite, or I could just order it if you want... Blah blah blah.... Joking something
exactly why I don't joke with guys una too dey quick see person finish. See now because she is jovial you dey try yourself come dey do pass your boundary, anyway update us when she finally decides to reply your message .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

There Is Nothing Like A Broke, Lazy Good Man / Nigerian Lady Blocks Her Boyfriend On Social Media, To Share Her Cheating Photos / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.