Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? (62760 Views)

How To Ask Your Boss Out / Is It Appropriate To Ask My Cousin To Be My Valentine? / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Lonelypacifist6: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
long time before now, I thought about that, then started a discussion about this scenario to see how she would react, it was a positive response, gave me more hope
Best of luck dude, learnt she's not Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
pocohantas:
Depends on the kind of surbodinate.

I have subordinates who are older than me, educated, well-spoken and only report to me because of the terms of our employment. I can go on a date with such.

However, I would never date a colleague. Two of my colleagues dated and brokeup. They are currently making the unit uncomfortable for us. Office romance? Count me out.

If you are ready to deal with whatever comes out of it, you can give it a shot.
once I see its working out well I will go to another hospital

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by bmdmixer: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
ask like this, I have dont have a vow on that day, i wud love someone to buy me cold stone, they keep talking bout it dont even know what its all about
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
Wumi261:
Please, you can send me your company's address so I can submit my CV. Depression of unemployment can reset someone's faculty of reasoning.

Orisirisi
if you are in the UK no p
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by OlawaleBammie: 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
I cannot understand why a woman should be rude, a yes/no is not too hard a reply. If you are very sure you like her, go ahead, but if you want a mere fling or casual friendship, keep off.

Unfortunately 94% of women dont reason like dat, they tink like tolotolo wen dey assume power...

Make Baba God pick my call, a go do shege for all dose fat fat egeremiti women wey dey my previous school wey no wan work
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Niccoloimhotep: 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
@iphi, what's the update?

Did she accept?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by wunmi590(m): 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
SoNature:

Pursuit

Thank you
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
Some of us saw a thread which a lady of 38 created about a month or few weeks ago. She said she is a boss or manager, I cannot recall exactly. She said people call her Madam, and everyone respects her, yet behind all the money and job status, was a lonely woman searching for love. She created the thread to search for the man of her dreams. I know some women are okay being single, but not all are. In my personal opinion, I don't see anything wrong with it. I have seen a comment above, where a guy says he shot his shot to a far richer lady and they are currently happy together. However since you got no feelings for her, maintain the platonic friendship.
JasonScoolari:
Well, what I noticed about her is that she's always happy when I am around herand she doesn't mind what other people think or say when she cracks some naughty jokes with me.... Sometimes, I feel uncomfortable and most times she feel relaxed sharing some personal stuff with me.

I remember settling some issues she had with her boyfriend last year and advise her to get naughty with him, but instead, she got all naughty with me indirectly...

This same lady gift me a phone as a birthday present and have been so helpful when I was broke... She's two years older but she sees me as her senior.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
SURElee:

Ask her out to a Val date, but don't say you can be her "back up" plan biko. Don't downgrade yourself and it will. Make you seem like you want to play with her emotions and using the term "back up", make you seem not serious.

Just ask her out, enjoy the time together, talk about things and see how things pan out from there.
the thing is I have already sent the message, she has not read it oooo... My mind is doing me gbim! gbim!! gbim!!!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by A305: 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Well, what I noticed about her is that she's always happy when I am around herand she doesn't mind what other people think or say when she cracks some naughty jokes with me.... Sometimes, I feel uncomfortable and most times she feel relaxed sharing some personal stuff with me.

I remember settling some issues she had with her boyfriend last year and advise her to get naughty with him, but instead, she got all naughty with me indirectly...

This same lady gift me a phone as a birthday present and have been so helpful when I was broke... She's two years older but she sees me as her senior.
Dude, If you ready for a relationship. Give it a shot with her but otherwise, let her be -- You can never date her and break up with her unless of course you ready to lose your job.

No games around her, Either you will be commited with her or you back to the drawing board preparing your CV after breaking up with her. But think of the reply you will give when you are asked "why did you leave your previous job?"

I dated and broke up with my boss lol.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by proclinician: 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
egopersonified:

[s]Awwwww, I understand. You will move past that some day, it's just a phase. When you do, you won't even remember it.[/s]
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by StUriah(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
Send her a beautiful gift (do not include any cake no matter how small) add a pleasant compliment wishing her a lifetime happiness and joy.

Make no other suggestive move. Give her all the respect she deserve, honor her, but don't get too close.

Maintain your lane at all times.

With time, she will find the love she is searching for in you.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by JasonScoolari: 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Some of us saw a thread which a lady of 38 created about a month or few weeks ago. She said she is a boss or manager, I cannot recall exactly. She said people call her Madam, and everyone respects her, yet behind all the money and job status, was a lonely woman searching for love. She created the thread to search for the man of her dreams. I know some women are okay being single, but not all are. In my personal opinion, I don't see anything wrong with it. I have seen a comment above, where a guy says he shot his shot to a far richer lady and they are currently happy together. However since you got no feelings for her, maintain the platonic friendship.
Many thanks for the advice.... I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by 3RNEST(m): 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
the thing is I have already sent the message, she has not read it oooo... My mind is doing me gbim! gbim!! gbim!!!

grin grin grin Relax she go reply....na your time to blow!! cheesy
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Maleekberry76: 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
This is Africa , so before u act like the westerners first of all , check if we have thesame mentality .... There is nothing wrong with what u re trying to do ...... After all life itself is a gamble ...... Take risk and if u succeed fine and if u don't ,,,,, then don't worry I will employ u .

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by fabienjoe: 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
It's difficult to say how she would take it. You could lose your job. But even if she accepts the offer, things would never remain the same again in the office. There could be a chance of trouble in the work place. Don't ask her out.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Arijude(m): 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
she's young, I'm not asking her out, its just to jokingly tell her about being a second option
go and do it na. Stop disturbing us
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
budaatum:
Can somone please find this person one of the many threads of those who complimented their boss on whatsapp and had to start looking for another job.
moya lookaway

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by JasonScoolari: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
A305:
Dude, If you ready for a relationship. Give it a shot with her but otherwise, let her be -- You can never date her and break up with her unless of course you ready to lose your job.

No games around her, Either you will be commited with her or you back to the drawing board preparing your CV after breaking up with her. But think of the reply you will give when you are asked "why did you leave your previous job?"

I dated and broke up with my boss lol.
Thanks for the advice bro.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
Whobedatte:
Just few months ago , my project lead told me to sack a brand promoter working under me , though she didn't give any reasons .
I called the guy in question to know what exactly his offense was , he told me he chatted her after close of activation asking her if he could take her out .
Mind you , this guy is a graduate , a hardworking promoter and always diligent at work .
I removed him from the group immediately going by her orders and told him to go .
Cut long story short , boundaries should be set in work place .
Never ask your superior out as a guy unless she reverse is the case
but she doesn't think like this our Nigerian bosses them, I have studied her for sometime
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Ikjosh04: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
My boss posted on her WhatsApp story "Who will be my Val" and other series of messages concerning taking her out for Val.

I'm older than her and she respects me, deep down I really like her, I don't know if I should ask her playfully, we chat a lot. I tease her a little bit when she posts a picture that is not fine and we laugh over it.

I want to tell her if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date I can be her back up plan. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her that. I need honest and matured opinions please.

No, don't do that. Better still, send her nice and lovely gift. From her reaction to the gift, you should know if you're to shoot your shot or not

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by AmuRubber(m): 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
Omoapena:

Don’t ask her directly,
Just reply to same status that you are in same shoe and you so wish to have a Val date.
Her reply would tell if you should go on and ask her out...

iphi, take this advice and thank Omoapena later.

1 Like

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
3RNEST:

Which country are u bro? cuz u didnt stated it, u know our Nigeria System is different.... Outside they see it as nothinq. grin
UK and she's from Indonesia
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by toprealman: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
Older than her.....back up plan
Grow some balls man. FYI girls like her are as lonely as fcuuk.
If she has been"hinting" and you can drop the right words.....why not. Shoot your shot
If it goes south, at least you tried.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Olas16198901: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
My boss posted on her WhatsApp story "Who will be my Val" and other series of messages concerning taking her out for Val.

I'm older than her and she respects me, deep down I really like her, I don't know if I should ask her playfully, we chat a lot. I tease her a little bit when she posts a picture that is not fine and we laugh over it.

I want to tell her if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date I can be her back up plan. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her that. I need honest and matured opinions please.

A trial will convince you.
After trying that on Monday morning prepare another CV in case you are roasted not fired

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by A305: 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
Don't be scared son!

Back up that initial message with any funny relationship short story you can find on google so if she get pissed, you would tell her you just joking and that she shouldn't mind you hence, the reason for the funny story after the message.

You actually playing her mind in two ways Which ever way it bounces back wouldn't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by iphi(m): 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
KingAzari:

Are you mad?
no sir...
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by olajide8(m): 6:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

You didn't conclude it - she also posted that valentine is only for girls between the ages of 18-25yrs of age, and it should be happy mothers day to her - you Boyz of nowadays just trespass anyhow - the person the message was meant for has read it
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by linearity: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:

I know many above and below must have told you the pros and cons, mine is looking at it from a different angle.

If you have to ask her....don’t use the word ‘...if she is unsuccessful in her search for a date...’

That have some undertone of you seeing them as failure on her part to get the perfect date, ladies don’t want you to know or see them as opting for you as their backup plan or second option unless off-course, when they are mad with you.

They always want you to believe that, they are hot in demand and are scarce commodity in town, and that they are doing you a favor and their are far better options out there waiting to snatch them away....it also helps their self esteem for you to play alone and protect their sense of self worth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by pmoye(m): 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
Give me your boss's digits, I'll take her out for Val.
There's absolutely nothing harmful about taking your boss out. Friends take friends out all the time.
All you need to do is to inform her straight up that you are taking her out tomorrow. You don't have to call it Val anything. Just get a good place to take her to, a very neutral location. A movie or something. A show, and perhaps a restaurant after that. Keep it absolutely casual. Keep it friendly. Don't mess up. Don't let your village people triumph over you. If you are gentlemanly and friendly enough tomorrow, she might just start thinking how to ask you out.

And it is rather annoying that a man will relegate himself to the status of a lady's backup plan. You must have some serious inferiority complex. For some reasons you seem to me like an opportunist. Like the only reason you are thinking of taking her out is because you feel she is desperate for someone to take her our, and suddenly you are now remembering that you like her deep inside. Stop it. Just stop it, otherwise it may end in tears for you.

iphi:

3 Likes

Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by Zagee: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
she's young, I'm not asking her out, its just to jokingly tell her about being a second option
You want to? Or having been flirting with your boss?
Risky...
Re: Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? by HARDDON: 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
iphi:
bros this particular pepper soup you have to be careful, I don't want to rush and spoil everything

Since u like pepper soup, why are u waiting for buttom pot?

Ladies get irritated when you act sissy. Wussy.

Grow some balls and man up.

However, be careful. DONT DIP YOUR PEN IN THE COMPANY'S INK....

A word is always enough...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Lady Snatches Friends Boyfriend And Weds Him Secretly (Photos) / Pic: Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Murtala Muhammed Airport Dressed As Superman / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.