Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? (53292 Views)

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
jk1e:
is it a must that men must provide for women? There are lot of ladies that are bosses of their own.please change your mindset.

Did I post anywhere that men should provide?
Please don't be stupid.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by frankkydee(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

All is dependent on the location and parties involved.

Here in Ifitedunu, you do not need to have large sums of money in your account before deciding on getting married. All you need is to show capability, not capacity, to take care of your wife and children, if any.

I have already attended 7 wedding ceremonies this year and it is still February, 18.

We do not have too many rich young men here. All we have are promising and hardworking men. They are the ones women here submit to.

May God bless the very good people of Ifite. If it wasn't for Ifite, I'd still be unmarried, broke and lonely by now.

Which part of the country is that pls?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

He is very wrong hope you know.
And pls be healthy
thanks.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
truthsayer009:

Don't worry love conquers all. Ask Poco, when I did my wedding I only had 100k in my account & earned 30k Naira, now we live happily ever after grin
Is it the Pocohantas I know?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by franchasng: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
frankdre:
miss Debbie, sorry to ask what do u do for a living as a lady? and secondly it's not enough to be a liability to your husband, how would u contribute to the welfare if the home? Don't tell me all you do is to eat, shit and fxxxck
That is the wrong mentality of most Nigerian single ladies looking for a husband.

They believe marriage is like those nonsense Nollywood movies they watch where Genevieve Nnaji is the wife of rich Ramson Noah, and all she does is to sleep, drive a luxury car, come back and shout on her house maids, and then welcome her husband from work with a kiss, this is the ideal marriage of most Nigerian single ladies.

This is another reason NBC must talk to Nollywood movie producers to start changing their storyline to encourage Nigerian girls to be thinking of becoming financially productive in marriage

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
truthsayer009:

I think we should check your definition of the word "Millionaire" again. Is it when someone has more than 1 Million Naira, or more than 10 Million Naira or when someone posses 1 Million dollars in a Dollar Fx account.

If you have more than 1 Million Naira now, BROS go and marry, I can recommend UyaiIncomparabl for you. She is a nice girl & with just 300k you'll have a blissful marriage grin grin grin

But but..... I am neither dark skinned, nor igbo nor wealthy. I get babe o grin
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by clems88(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
As soon as I have an extra 1m Im proposing right away cool
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kingkezie:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS WRITEUP, LEAVE OVERSABI PEOPLE TO KEEP WRITING SHIT/NONSENSE.
I DO NOT KNOW IF LOVE OR BEING WITH THE SO CALLED RIGHT PERSON PAYS A SINGLE PENNY

Oh they're quoting me and insulting me, maybe they want to remain in poverty I can't blame them.
They'll tell us when love started paying the bills.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
favoryte33:
Imagine stirring at your account balance & nodding your head saying to yourself, now I am ready for marriage.

How much do you think would give you that 'ginger' to propose to your girl? Abeg I no dey talk of "give girl belle & marry".
700k with little assistance from family. You are good to go
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by fyneboi79(m): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
There's no particular amount of money that ever makes one ready. If you're in with the right person with just 300, 000 naira, marriage will be bliss. You people should stop attaching happiness to money. Money is only a means to an end. undecided
Tell me something Uyi....but you married a maga here on NL just for money and property? Hypocrite!!
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by IamHonourable1: 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
I think 140m naira would be ok.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by chukavigi: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
It shouldn't be about how much you have in ur account. You need a stable source of income before settling down. https://drumgist.com

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by wizardus: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2020
wunmi590:
Honestly, if you are waiting to have billions in your account before you get married, you will grow old.

Modified:

I wanted to wait for me to have certain amount of money, but I couldn't wait any longer, at least I have a job paying me weak 6digit as salary, and my fiancee work in government establishment and also has a sewing shop.

So my wedding is April 17 &18 2020.

God will crown my effort with other family things I pray for.

No time abeg
All the best..but 17 and 18th turns out to be Monday and Tuesday...me no go get time attend..
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by wizardus: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
There's no particular amount of money that ever makes one ready. If you're in with the right person with just 300, 000 naira, marriage will be bliss. You people should stop attaching happiness to money. Money is only a means to an end. undecided

Oga money counts...who dey happy if e no get money?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
let us be realistic tho, financial security is a very important factor. Money would influence the level of happiness in the relationship. Life is complex. That 300k wouldn't be enought to start up a family with at least three members.
The child's basic welfare, feeding, education, health care, etc. Apart from maturity, both physical and emotional, money is another solid foundation on which a decent marriage would built.

N300k monthly recurring cost for 3 people?

Does anyone of them have a terminal illness?

If you are talking about other expenses and responsibilities to extented families, ok.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Bahddo(m): 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
husband, wife and a kid...
a man's kid is family regardless of whether he marries the mother or not. You don't START a family with 3 persons unless have no child and are marrying a single parent. Then there is the option of marrying two women at once.

You people make it sound like everyone that gets into marriage must have kids right away. Having kids is a whole different phase from marriage, so not sure why it is always factored into readiness for marriage. Some choose to wait till they are ready for the responsibility of raising children, as it involves way more than just having money.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by tantan: 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
When you meet your crush whom you feel like you will lose her and you love her dearly, my friend you will just raise the issue of marriage without even looking into your account. When a girl hooks your heart, even your family will have to struggle with you to tell you that your not ready.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Bahddo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2020
makydebbie:

Oh they're quoting me and insulting me, maybe they want to remain in poverty I can't blame them.
They'll tell us when love started paying the bills.
what does your husband get to benefit from your money-obsessed self? Planning to become another liability wife, who is content with just spending her husband's money?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
Bahddo:
a man's kid is family regardless of whether he marries the mother or not. You don't start a family with 3 persons unless have no child and are marrying a single parent.

You people make it sound like everyone that gets into marriage must have kids right away. Having kids is a whole different phase from marriage, so not sure why it is always factored into readiness for marriage. Some choose to wait till they are ready for the responsibility of raising children, as it involves way more than just having money.
generally, people (especially Nigerians) do.
You get married, you have kids. Thats the expected thing. Thats the angle i'm writting from.
If it's just a man and woman, 300k would be more than enough!
It would be the same as dating.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by xtianchris(m): 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
Petyprincess:
For me is 5 million nd have your house and a car shikena I'm not that demanding angry
Okay let me save up ..
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by safarigirl(f): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

pls, by all means, tell us all what are the responsibilities that you are talking about? better yet, why dont you tell us all what changes (in dating lovers life) the minute they get married?!

Commitment, exclusivity are implied in marriage, they are not implied whole dating.

There is a reason why some people can date for thirteen years, only to get married and divorce each other in a year.

You can date without cohabiting, you can date without having to attend family functions, you can date with little to no responsibilities, you can't do same without marriage.

It is the psychological state of mind, that is the key difference between these two things.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by faithsystem(f): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
for the man, try have at least 800k cash with steady means of income, so that even after wedding you'll not be indebted.

then try agree with your spouse to do inhouse traditional marriage, just the family members and you do the traditional rights with bride price payment wich total cost will not be more than 300k. and that's settled.

then for white wedding, curt your cost down not to impress people for elaborate wedding and go home hunger with your spouse. 500k can handle your white wedding;

you can use your church venue for both reception to avoid additional cost, give a bag of rice of 20k and additional 100k to a catering personnel for their services to provide both food and cake, pay for souvenirs 50k, video & photo coverage 50k, decoration 50k, drinks 100k, suit and wedding gown 50k, DJ for entertainment 20k, and keep the remaining 50k for miscellaneous expense, you can decide to charge the asoebi for their dresses and that cost you nothing, then 10k for make-up artist,

you don't need millions to get married but you need finance, understandable planning, love and readyness to make it sweeter and lovely.

my humble personal opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Bahddo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
generally, people (especially Nigerians) do.
You get married, you have kids. Thats the expected thing. Thats the angle i'm writting from.
If it's just a man and woman, 300k would be more than enough!
It would be the same as dating.
I hope you understand what you are saying. Starting a family is different from having a family. If you are marrying a man and expecting to have kids. You aren't STARTING a family with 3 members. That's all I wanted to point out.

The OP is asking how much is enough to feel like one is ready to get married. In other words, how much would cover the wedding and settling down?

What exactly is the 300k you have been posting everywhere for? It's small for a wedding and more than enough for monthly expenses (even for a family of 5).
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
Petyprincess:
For me is 5 million nd have your house and a car shikena I'm not that demanding angry
we Re Talking About Tm and White not what You Re gonna use In Taking Care of your Family after marriage, re You Telling Me your Gonna Wast 5m in Tm and White?Then coming Back Home and Feel big Boy outside then empty pocket inside
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
bukatyne:

N300k monthly recurring cost for 3 people?

Does anyone of them have a terminal illness?

If you are talking about other expenses and responsibilities to extented families, ok.
this is Nigeria.
Do you think catering for a baby is cheap?
That 300k would be spent in less than a month.
As a single lady, which i'm guessing you are, calculate how much you spend on public transportation alone for a year...
Calculate how much you spend on feeding, medications, etc.
Life isn't cheap.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by JuanCarlosMeter: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
[s]
YorubaLord:

Your papa get N5M, house and car? Once you can prove that, no problem.
[/s]
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by vikstandon(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
makydebbie:

Money is happiness and happiness is money.
You can't enjoy marriage without money, love doesn't feed us or pay the bills.
So that makes money very necessary.

Wake up... You are still sleeping in this era.
Love doesn't feed us you said...Go and find something and do. Don't be a liability

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by vikstandon(m): 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
I'm very insecure. If i'm to get married and have kids, i would want them to have the best life has to offer. To have a safe future...
I must have a steady, well paying job. He must too.
I must have a good amount of money in the bank. Savings to lean back on (just in case). He must too.
I must have properties and other assets. He must too.

But this is for me.

For others, at least 3million in the bank. Plus a house and car.
Transportation and house rent can take alot out of one's salary...

You've woken up to the reality of things... You must; before he must
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by wunmi590(m): 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
wizardus:

All the best..but 17 and 18th turns out to be Monday and Tuesday...me no go get time attend..

April, not March boss
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Bahddo(m): 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
this is Nigeria.
Do you think catering for a baby is cheap?
That 300k would be spent in less than a month.
As a single lady, which i'm guessing you are, calculate how much you spend on public transportation alone for a year...
Calculate how much you spend on feeding, medications, etc.
Life isn't cheap.
you aren't financially wise, that's why you think one has to spend 300k in recurring expenses every month just because they have a baby. Are you planning to have surgery every month?

You probably don't earn up to half of that but you can easily spend it in less than a month. Baby or not, no man who wants to grow financially should have you around. You are wasteful.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
Bahddo:
I hope you understand what you are saying. Starting a family is different from having a family. If you are marrying a man and expecting to have kids. You aren't STARTING a family with 3 members. That's all I wanted to point out.

The OP is asking how much is enough to feel like one is ready to get married. In other words, how much would cover the wedding and settling down?

What exactly is the 300k you have been posting everywhere for? It's small for a wedding and more than enough for monthly expenses (even for a family of 5).
i get your point now.
I meant having a family. If a couple wants to do that, they be financially buoyant.
Regarding your last point, i doubt if thats what the op meant...
If so, like i pointed out earlier, the 300k would be more than enough.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
Petyprincess:
Dude your case will end in Shiloh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Ladies React To The News Of A Man Who Was Almost Raped By A Gay Hairstylist / MARRIED Woman Asking For Money From Her Ex... / Nigerian Bride & Her Squad Stun In Swimsuit At The Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.