Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? (53287 Views)

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Afodot0022(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2020
Petyprincess:
For me is 5 million nd have your house and a car shikena I'm not that demanding angry

U will old pass your mother before you marry. dey dia make pant dey wear you

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
Bahddo:
you aren't financially wise, that's why you think one has to spend 300k in recurring expenses every month just because they have a baby. Are you planning to have surgery every month?

You probably don't earn up to half of that but you can easily spend it in less than a month. Baby or not, no man who wants to grow financially should have you around. You are wasteful.
did i type "every month"?
I meant both the man and woman should have more than that amount before getting married

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by biggie73(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
favoryte33:
Imagine stirring at your account balance & nodding your head saying to yourself, now I am ready for marriage.

How much do you think would give you that 'ginger' to propose to your girl? Abeg I no dey talk of "give girl belle & marry".
....it's not about the money. I am all for happiness and peace thereafter. Anyway, I did with just #20,000 in 2011. The love then is still the love now with pretty fruits.....
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Bahddo(m): 2:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
i get your point now.
I meant having a family. If a couple wants to do that, they be financially buoyant.
Regarding your last point, i doubt if thats what the op meant...
If so, like i pointed out earlier, the 300k would be more than enough.
the OP literally has WEDDING pics in his post. There are also terms like 'propose', and nothing like 'having babies'.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by spiritedtete: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
5m minumum... as at now... with a steady income of at least 150 to 200k minimum.

Don't jump into marriage if you don't have a Job... be warned!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2020
Bahddo:
what does your husband get to benefit from your money-obsessed self? Planning to become another liability wife, who is content with just spending her husband's money?

Hey dear, I'm not like your mother.
I pay my own bills.
I've my shito business which is over a year now.
I wrote a book at 19 which is selling at so many book stores online and offline.
With all these, I work as a journalist in the biggest media house in my country.
I'm not your size so mind who you talk to.
I'm not your mother. Be guided.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Afodot0022(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
lucky4west:
i knew i was ready for marriage when one of my account had 1.4m way back and i have three other accounts couple with the fact that our estimate was not up to 2m...sharply like joke we started the prep and the rest is history.....but i must say since i got married and kids and all that...those account has stayed in the red region most times and even when they try to rise, rent,fees,car repair etc keep wiping off the green to leave the red light hahahahahahaha simply put i have never been as "comfortable" as i was before marriage....marriage is sweet because of kids, freedom frm guilt of sex etc but the bills is alarming!

this really define the op question..

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by joepepsy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
women too should work and have some savings,no be give me,give me always,naija women should learn to support their spouse.
makydebbie:

Money is happiness and happiness is money.
You can't enjoy marriage without money, love doesn't feed us or pay the bills.
So that makes money very necessary.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by ojsmscom(m): 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
100millions and am close by God's grace

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Legendguru: 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
8milli
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by joepepsy(m): 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
Our system is solely on money money,what's is money? Live within your means and see the full essence of life,which is happiness.
Blu03:
let us be realistic tho, financial security is a very important factor. Money would influence the level of happiness in the relationship. Life is complex. That 300k wouldn't be enought to start up a family with at least three members.
The child's basic welfare, feeding, education, health care, etc. Apart from maturity, both physical and emotional, money is another solid foundation on which a decent marriage would built.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by gerizzim: 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
blaskikv:
You can marry with any amount, is just that both parties tend to be selfish, materialistic and have high expectations of the other partner

tru. ur expectations defines the kind of wedding or marriage you see for ursef.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by urose93(f): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
no. Read my other comment..
I believe in being financially independent. Not an attractive quality here in Africa, but that's me.
My mum was a widow with no backup. Even tho she married a 'worse than poor' man. If she had something doing, our lives would have been different...
If something bad is gonna happen to me in the future, i want as a mother, for my husband to be stable enough to give my kids the life they deserve.

That's if i choose to do something crazy as getting married.

Thanks!

'a worst than poor man'?
And that was supposed to be you father.
Hmm, Some children will not make heaven
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by moneyest(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
There's no particular amount of money that ever makes one ready. If you're in with the right person with just 300, 000 naira, marriage will be bliss. You people should stop attaching happiness to money. Money is only a means to an end. undecided

Madam, u mean 300 tazan 4 acct abi job dat pays 300 naira monthly?

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by jibohlar(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
You don't need to have millions in your account,first thing to have is a roof over your head which must be comfortable for you and your spouse,second is a stable income regardless ,third is understanding between you and your supposed spouse not to do more than normal wedding.Above all seek God's guidance ,believe it or not there are blessings associated with wedding and you will be surprised things will just fall in place before the wedding day.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by moneyest(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
makydebbie:

Money is happiness and happiness is money.
You can't enjoy marriage without money, love doesn't feed us or pay the bills.
So that makes money very necessary.

What and what are u doing to ensure continuous flow of money in your marriage or u just have ur arms akimbo & waiting for someone's son to kill with responsibilities?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by proclinician: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
lucky4west:
i knew i was ready for marriage when one of my account had 1.4m way back and i have three other accounts couple with the fact that our estimate was not up to 2m...sharply like joke we started the prep and the rest is history.....but i must say since i got married and kids and all that...those account has stayed in the red region most times and even when they try to rise, rent,fees,car repair etc keep wiping off the green to leave the red light hahahahahahaha simply put i have never been as "comfortable" as i was before marriage....marriage is sweet because of kids, freedom frm guilt of sex etc but the bills is alarming!

Very good. A lot of kids here don't understand this. One even asked what is money?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maynation(f): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

Is it in ur account or another person's?
In my account. undecided
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by proclinician: 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
maynation:

In my account. undecided

Lol you're lucky.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maynation(f): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

Lol you're lucky.

I didn't say I have it. I said that's how much I will have before considering marriage.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by proclinician: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
maynation:

I didn't say I have it. I said that's how much I will have before considering marriage.

I understand

You're lucky u didn't say a man must have that i for report u to amotekun now.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by lordally(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

So a man should have 5m cash then a house and a car before marriage while you just have nothing? I tell you what. I achieved same before my induction except the house and ever since, fate has been throwin across girls like you and i do really well crushing them big time. One picked a job as a sales girl pay is 50k big nonsense. I told her i can't marry a woman with nothing less than 1m cash and her own apartment and earning not less than 150 a month, tough, she's going to lose i don't feel sorry, i dont love, she doesnt mind. She just wrote NDLEA exam and is praying things work out. I wish all men can be like me cold, blunt, and a maestro of their game.

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maynation(f): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

I understand

You're lucky u didn't say a man must have that i for report u to amotekun now.
Ohh!!

Amotekun?? gringrin
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Arijude(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nn3muka:

no Obiageli AKU
aku ko aku bekee ni. No go and hustle
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2020
makydebbie:

Is it the Pocohantas I know?

Ahn Ahn how many Poco dey dis Nairaland?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
zero dinero... if you can take care of yourself AND date a babe with no money in your bank, then you can marry her with that same exact amount.

Interesting
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by adolebenito17(m): 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
life experience
i have an uncle who said,
if he dont build a house and buy a car he won't marry.
my brother,before he realise he was at ;'54;'
he marry 2years back
and within that period of marriage
he is almost completing his building
with a yoyota corola... now
so u dont have to wait until millions arrive before
marring, but just have something doing....
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by uthlaw: 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
travelland:

He who finds a wife, FINDS A GOOD THING AND OBTAINS FAVOR FROM THE LORD.
not in this century....he who find a wife found problems....that is the quote for this generation!
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by vickydevoka(m): 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
i've addressed this before.
I love making my own cash...
Please keep making it so that u can save up for ur wedding

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by okpalaAnambra: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
wunmi590:
Honestly, if you are waiting to have billions in your account before you get married, you will grow old.

Modified:

I wanted to wait for me to have certain amount of money, but I couldn't wait any longer, at least I have a job paying me weak 6digit as salary, and my fiancee work in government establishment and also has a sewing shop.

So my wedding is April 17 &18 2020.

God will crown my effort with other family things I pray for.

No time abeg
Amen...that's my birthday
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by maasoap(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
Lalas247:

Keep deceiving the guy cry

He made sense, steady or improving source of income is enough for many people to go into marriage. Not everyone will have opportunity to save millions before marriage

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Hilarious: Groom Kisses His Bride Deeply, As Guests Shout (Photos, Video) / Ladies React To The News Of A Man Who Was Almost Raped By A Gay Hairstylist / MARRIED Woman Asking For Money From Her Ex...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.