Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? (43759 Views)

Does She Have A Right? / Help! My Wife Says She Doesn't Love Me Again & No More Sex From Her.... / It's Our Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by usernameG: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
all I know is we plenty for this your matter, but I surely do know I am taking a drastic decision soon

I am doing a serious calculations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by membranus: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
maasoap:
Rapecase

Lol at the question. I can't remember the last time me or my wife remember, mark or celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Then there is no joy or affection in your marriage.

Do something about it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by abdullkabar(m): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
There is something I have noticed
If the wife is gentle and caring(The husband takes advantage of her)
If the husband is gentle and caring(The wife takes advantage of him)

Someone once typed, that the husband should never be the gentle one
(I am beginning to think of this)

@Op, its your cross, you have to sought it out yourself.
Gods speed

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Dextre(m): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Edit - to those who may be wondering about my username, I created this account whilst trying to help two kids who were victims of rape.

Our 4th anniversary was few days ago, as I thought she would , my wife forgot the date. It ordinarily would not have hurt me so much but I have always had this feeling that she doesn't love me.

When we were dating she was all over me. But nothing I do ever since we got married gets appreciated. Few months ago she hurled abuses on me for helping a sister, a friend of hers, who lost a child and are homeless. And what's the help? Just 100k. Apparently I enjoy abandoning her need for others. And this
coming from a woman who few days earlier was saying I had invested over 2m on her business in a short while ( by her own calculation, as I don't take note when giving her money ).

I told a mother figure in church who is close to both me, her and the family I helped who corrected her. Expect if she will apologise tomorrow.

Off course the lady I helped in question is idiotic but I can't bear her and house and kids being homeless especially after losing a child.

My wife will never apologise when she does sometime I object to. Her apology which is often done in the most demeaning way is only tendered if I take the issue over board.

Our sex life since we got married has been poor to the extreme. I have ensured I do not cheat, not for a single day but I constantly have to beg for sex or masturbate to relieve myself.

Laying our bed is always a war for her. She does it only when she wants. Mind you we have two kids and a maid who helps with virtually everything.

The maid in the morning ( 90% of the time ) makes the breakfast, clean the house while she only baths our first child and get her ready for school, I take her to school most of the time.

Am I overreacting to expect my wife to

1. Properly apologise when she does something I do not like and ensure she doesnt repeat it? For instance few days ago she was planning on traveling outside our base, I only got to know through her phone conversation with her sister although she didn't eventually travel, I felt I should have known before hand as I got to know a night before. Till date what I got in form of apology is, "I would have told you". She was planning to travel by 5am, I heard her conversation by 10pm a night before and we slept on the same bed.

2. Sex at least 3 times a week? I stopped trying to initiate it after so many rejections.

3. Not to forget important dates such as our wedding anniversary?

4. To at all time be the one making my meal.

Please note she practically doesn't work now. We are setting up a fashion house for her she has taken over 3m from me as of the time of writing this. Note my cloths go to dry cleaners. Only thing she does is cook my meal ( when she wants ).

I am beginning to think maybe I am a mental health patient who doesn't know yet. Maybe something is wrong with me and I am just reacting based on that?

Marriage can be such a huge dilemma! That's why people got to keep praying everyday for the right person. This issue don pass advice level,u gotta pray and talk to her,she might be going tru something that she isn't telling you about. If not,this your marriage is just a war front,when e tire both of una,una go quit am
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Amumaigwe: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Edit - to those who may be wondering about my username, I created this account whilst trying to help two kids who were victims of rape.

Our 4th anniversary was few days ago, as I thought she would , my wife forgot the date. It ordinarily would not have hurt me so much but I have always had this feeling that she doesn't love me.

When we were dating she was all over me. But nothing I do ever since we got married gets appreciated. Few months ago she hurled abuses on me for helping a sister, a friend of hers, who lost a child and are homeless. And what's the help? Just 100k. Apparently I enjoy abandoning her need for others. And this
coming from a woman who few days earlier was saying I had invested over 2m on her business in a short while ( by her own calculation, as I don't take note when giving her money ).

I told a mother figure in church who is close to both me, her and the family I helped who corrected her. Expect if she will apologise tomorrow.

Off course the lady I helped in question is idiotic but I can't bear her and house and kids being homeless especially after losing a child.

My wife will never apologise when she does sometime I object to. Her apology which is often done in the most demeaning way is only tendered if I take the issue over board.

Our sex life since we got married has been poor to the extreme. I have ensured I do not cheat, not for a single day but I constantly have to beg for sex or masturbate to relieve myself.

Laying our bed is always a war for her. She does it only when she wants. Mind you we have two kids and a maid who helps with virtually everything.

The maid in the morning ( 90% of the time ) makes the breakfast, clean the house while she only baths our first child and get her ready for school, I take her to school most of the time.

1. Properly apologise when she does something I do not like and ensure she doesnt repeat it? For instance few days ago she was planning on traveling outside our base, I only got to know through her phone conversation with her sister although she didn't eventually travel, I felt I should have known before hand as I got to know a night before. Till date what I got in form of apology is, "I would have told you". She was planning to travel by 5am, I heard her conversation by 10pm a night before and we slept on the same bed.

2. Sex at least 3 times a week? I stopped trying to initiate it after so many rejections.

Please note she practically doesn't work now. We are setting up a fashion house for her she has taken over 3m from me as of the time of writing this. Note my cloths go to dry cleaners. Only thing she does is cook my meal ( when she wants ).

I am beginning to think maybe I am a mental health patient who doesn't know yet. Maybe something is wrong with me and I am just reacting based on that?

The problem is that you are too desirous for your marriage to work but unfortunately, it is the woman that decides if the marriage will work or not. You will only succeed in burning yourself out if you attempt to take up that role.
The truth is that your wife does not care neither is she afraid of loosing the marriage. The reason can be found in the topic of this post.
What to do?
I perceive that you have built your world around your wife and only have a limited social life. Get yourself distracted by making new friends, join social clubs, men's society in your church etc. Load your itinerary with social engagements and become too busy to notice her bull craps. Then finally fix up an alternative for the the only two needs that you depend on her for. Locate a good joint where you will readily eat to your satisfaction and get a side chick quickly. Then work on your self image/ fitness and rock your life. Ignore her sorry ass and watch her wake from slumber.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

Need i ask, did you blackmail her into marrying you?
Were you one of those men that cry me a river and threaten their girlfriend, if they don't marry them, they would kill themselves?
If these two questions i asked are NO, sit her down and let her know everything you've observed.

My wife had such attitude after our first child but Her's was down to the issues she had during the pregnancy. She told me she doesn't want to go through pregnancy nightmare anymore and i obliged because i knew what i went through as well but Glory be to God, she delivered safely.
Anytime i am on cloud 9 and i tried to seduce her, she gets scared like the virgin she was before we got married. There were times, i would ask her to give me handjob while she UnCloth and practically have sex without me penetrating. I understand her reality. Even now, i have packs of condom i use whenever we want to get down. I love my wife so much and i can never trade her for anyone else. She stood with me when i lost my dream job at 27, for 1 and half years, she took good care of me, she took a loan from work and got me Honda civic for uber in 2016 before i found my breakthrough in 2018 and we are living the good life.

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by luluosas(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
I can see that you are not in talking terms with her, and again, YOU ARE NOT BORN AGAIN.
Try talking to her, repent and see her as a part of your being.

Almost 13 years in marriage now, and we have no cause for a 3rd party to come into our home. I will recommend that you both seek for deliverance in a true Bible believing church.

Rapecase:

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by crackkhaus: 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
armyofone:
That picture fit him grin na wayo alufa Male bros dey do grin

Na crackhaus type dey full tub with roses and scented oil to get access.
I agree with him minus the looking outside for sex part.

Maybe this can happen ONLY on valentine's day.

But to beg for access? Crackhaus no sabi dat one even if it will save my life, no jokes.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Annymichaelz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
sassysure:

So u won't beg your woman for sex?

But you want her to beg you?

Iffahia

( I no get strength o)
how do you beg your wife for sex?�
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Tim16(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
May the good Lord restore Peace and Harmony in your marriage, AMEN

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by makydebbie(f): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Offpoint:

My sister, some people are depressed and they have no idea they are.

All they need is a slide opportunity to vent it.

Don't mind them most times I ignore. Other times I quote you and ignore your reply.

That's nl for you.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Blackybaby(f): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
Get her to be more accountable to you, and even to herself.
Help her get a loan for her business, under her own name. You can act as a guarantor, so that las las if she defaults on payment , you will bail her out but that will allow her know that she can jeopardise her credit worthiness.
Allow people appreciate money, and don't make it seem as though it's so easy to get the money. She doesn't appreciate all you do because it probably comes on a platter.
If she is travelling and doesn't tell you of her plans, do same to her. Plan a travel for the weekend, perhaps to visit your parents or a business related trip and tell her the night before, or on the day before. Some people do things without consideration for others, not necessarily out of malicious intent but because they dont think deep enough. When you do same to her, she will develop empathy for that same thing and would have learnt a lesson. But if she doesn't care whether you tell her or not, sorry, love isn't a strong forte in your marriage. It doesn't mean you can't still have a good marriage. Many marriages still thrive on less, even without love so no biggie.
As per the sex thing, 3x a week is more than enough. Negotiate a timetable for sex. Yes, I said it. It should be spontaneous blablabla, but real life events may mean you won't get any, despite being married. So, negotiate early now. Why doesn't she like sex anymore? Is she always tired? Are her hormones playing up?, let her get her thyroid checked too. Fortunately, I hear there's a new drug to help women's libido sexually. It's not yet approved in most countries, but it could help her. There's also the Spanish fly nonsense they talk about. In the past, which position did she like during the act, let more of that happen now than just the one you like. Also, make sure you're still attractive to other women. Nobody likes a pot bellied, smelly person who wears one boxer shorts 2-3 days in a row. Always smell fresh, come home fromm work, take a shower , relax to have your meal and watch TV to unwind. Wear nice pyjamas or sleep wear , fresh ones daily. Even if its sleeping in a singlet due to heat, wear a fresh singlet.
I'm not been sarcastic here. You have to look after yourself. Not just because of your spouse, but for your own selfworthiness. Join a gym too while at it.
If you dont show others you value your looks, body and you're a god, how would they value it?

Also seek the face of God. Devil is at work in marriages nowadays .pray together,the house that prays together lives together.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by solreb: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

My brother, I was in this kind of situation at the early stage of my marriage too (from 4th to 9th) but in this area. 1. my wife would tell me to say she is sorry is difficult for her. 2. sex: I had to initiate sex and practically beg for it. My target is 3 times a week but if I get 2 I am lucky. On the other hand I am the one that forgets our anniversary date (generally women remember them) but now I don't forget. Just like you I wanted to make my marriage work. I bought books that we could use together but she was not interested. Had to get my pastor involved. Interestingly when I complained he shared with me that almost all the male ministers in his office suffered same until their wives were broken. He got his wife to speak to my wife and things changed a bit for sometime. You also need to have someone both of you respect a lot. We had a major issue in 2008 and I had to report to my father-in-law. When the old man spoke based on word of God, my heart melted and I dropped my hard stance. At the same time she also shifted ground. What I believe worked was prayers. And maturity plus word of God. Both of us are believers, so cheating was out of it. My wife has now changed now that all those habits are now thing of the best. We enjoy great sex now. In fact I am the one that even tries to run most times. We have not had any fight in the last 8 years. Wherever we may be (even when apart), we will have hold a prayer session weekly to pray together. We pray for each other, our children, loved ones and topical issues. That tends to bring us closer. So the first thing is commitment from you and her. And how important to both of you is making heaven. Because if that is the focus, you will allow words of God to take root and will start changing us. Please call her in love and talk things through based on word of God. And take the case to God in prayers. It is not by punishing her emotionally or otherwise. That is what flesh will recommend but it creates more problem. Good luck.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Randy100: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
leocollins:

that man loves his wife menh...
There is difference between love and obsession.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Giftexx: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
It’s well
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by namiji2598: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
paparazzi1987:
You don’t have sense if wedding anniversary is your top priority in marriage. grin
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Christmasdon(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
I never knew men take little thing like this serious.
What happened to dialogue instead of all this complain here?

. MY FIRST QUESTION TO YOU IS, ARE YOU MARRIED. IF NOT MIND THE WAY YOU TALK TO MARRIED HOMES. THERE IS A PROGRAMME ON RADIO FOR GIVING ADVICE TO MARRIED PERSONS , IF IT HAPPENS THAT YOU ARE NOT MARRIED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE.
@ OP I TOT U WOULD HAVE DONE THE CHARITY WORK WITHOUT YOUR WIFE'S KNOWLEGDE. DO YOU KNOW THAT ONCE YOU GET MARRIED YOUR WIFE CONTROLS YOU. DO AS I SAY. I PRAY SHE LOVES U BACK AS AT BEFORE. GOODLUCK.

THE ONE THAT PAINS ME MUCH IS DENYING PARTNER SEX. AFTER GIRLS WILL TELL ME .GO AND MARRY ,THAT IF U MARRY U WILL HAVE SEX WITH WIFE ANYHOW U LIKE.AFTER GETTING MARRIED ISSUES AT HAND CHANGES.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by calabardick(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

- were you getting married to a single mom?
- age wise, is she your senior?
- who is the breadwinner there?
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by ichidodo: 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
We don't really comment these days..busy and all that.... but your case struck a chord in us and we just had to say something..First of all,you married for the wrong reasons...you weren't mentally proofed to the shenanigans of women especially Nigerian women of nowadays...You were just a simp who was led to the slaughter by a female who is very well aware of "Game".Now she has taken the initiative in your relationship,eating her cake and having it shamelessly and ruthlessly...Like a mosquito parasite,she's got her hooks on you and will suck your joy, peace of mind and sanity dry from your shriveled husk...And this goes out to all young men out there...before marriage you have got to be red pilled to avoid touching stories like this..Now O.p your solution is to get redpilled. Read up on Ubunja's topics here on Nairaland then get more info on youtube after which you should be well equipped to get your life back again instead of falling inside depression..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Mariangeles(f): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2020
Vortex369:

You are over reacting and need to go for a mental check up.

Seriously, I am not joking. Who needs a wedding anniversary? For what? Are you that less busy? You need a new project.

The things you enumerated and the nature of women after the initial marriage wave has subsided.

Your overburdening actions and nagging has reduced your fear-factor as a man and head of house and your wife has certainly less regard for you especially when she has financial empowerment under her belt.

What you need to do ?

1. Side chic - Yes, a side chic, you will fall in love with and reduce the attraction to your wife. She will notice this withdrawal and fight to have you back. I am not saying, threaten that you will have a side chic, I am saying, actually find a very pretty girl that you will fall in love with and she loves you too.

2. Enjoy the meals from the maid, it does not matter who cooks it.

3. Allow your wife to focus on business and make her travel plans without you, then stop financing her as she has been replaced by a maid and side chic. She will come begging and you will be the King.

Master how to terminate side chic after marriage problems has been solved. Yes, learn how to use and dumb side chic. They are like tissue papers.

Problem solved without a single bullet fired.

Is that the way to treat a human being? undecided
You manipulate her to fall in love with you for your selfish gain, then you dump her when you need her no more?

Imagine your daughter in this scenario...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by LifeIssues101(f): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
From your story, you seem to be a genuine and compassionate person.

In marriage life happens, and for the sake of your kids, please play safe

Accept what you have and just keeping praying for what you do not have

We cannot have it all, if you decide to cheat, the person might have worse qualities

Pray for her, find happiness in your career or anything else aside cheating.

Love her and hope for the best to keep your home.

With kids involved, you gotta be careful

#My2cents#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by ogawisdom(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
There is no real issue here

U get sex 3 x weekly which is enough

She must not be the one to prepare your food

Which one is wedding anniversary? Abeg get serious angry

There is no woman that won't react if u give someone 100k just like ( women are selfish like dt)

Women are not command to love men, they are to submit to men, it men that are commanded to love women.

Once your wife respects u and submits to you it's enough
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Bondinus(m): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
This didn't start today? What actually happened before the changes
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by annyberry: 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
U av done nothing wrong,u also av d right to complain,u are human for crying out loud and av feelings, give her a competitor and watch her advice hersef because most ladies come back to factory fitting wen dere is competition.......
I really wonder wat we ladies really wants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Blackybaby(f): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Am praying to God for a good husband as for being a good wife, my husband will sing
Melody everyday and thank God that he met me.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by SoNature(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mstick:
Oga if you’re running nuts like you claimed you wouldn’t add all the flimsy details about giving your wife money knowing fully well how much it triggers the boys on this forum, after all if you don’t give your wife money who will?

I don’t understand why you need to add the “she practically doesn’t work” part if you really don’t want your wife to be insulted by kids on this forum.

Your sex life is NOT anyone’s business and it’s also not for public consumption so why do you need to add that detail?

If you feel your wife doesn’t love you, don’t you think she’s on the best position to answer that instead of exposing your family to ridiculous advice from never do wells

Complete waste of useful cyberspace!

Your comment is full of criticisms with no substance whatsoever

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nnecky(f): 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

She may have joined these feminist groups that treat men as trash..be careful bro
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Gokoyer0(m): 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Weak men full everywhere, I tell you. Beg my wife for sex? shocked shocked shocked
Annymichaelz:
how do you beg your wife for sex?�

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by AntiWailer: 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
Abeg free her from Petty things
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by makydebbie(f): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ishilove:

Op is asking for one thing, you are saying another. Nawa for Nigerians

Eii I'm shocked oo. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by meeky007(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Ishilove:
Op is asking for one thing, you are saying another. Nawa for Nigerians
we are all asking for help
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Okuda(m): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
I never knew men take little thing like this serious.
What happened to dialogue instead of all this complain here?

trust me the woman does not love him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.