Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? (43753 Views)

Does She Have A Right? / Help! My Wife Says She Doesn't Love Me Again & No More Sex From Her.... / It's Our Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by 989900: 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Vortex369:

You are over reacting and need to go for a mental check up.

Seriously, I am not joking. Who needs a wedding anniversary? For what? Are you that less busy? You need a new project.

The things you enumerated and the nature of women after the initial marriage wave has subsided.

Your overburdening actions and nagging has reduced your fear-factor as a man and head of house and your wife has certainly less regard for you especially when she has financial empowerment under her belt.

What you need to do ?

1. Side chic - Yes, a side chic, you will fall in love with and reduce the attraction to your wife. She will notice this withdrawal and fight to have you back. I am not saying, threaten that you will have a side chic, I am saying, actually find a very pretty girl that you will fall in love with and she loves you too.

2. Enjoy the meals from the maid, it does not matter who cooks it.

3. Allow your wife to focus on business and make her travel plans without you, then stop financing her as she has been replaced by a maid and side chic. She will come begging and you will be the King.

Master how to terminate side chic after marriage problems has been solved. Yes, learn how to use and dumb side chic. They are like tissue papers.

Problem solved without a single bullet fired.

Correct, let the maid do the laying of the bed. wink
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by dirolad(m): 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Expensiverichyb:

When you bring your home problem to a forum like this, I'm sorry, the general public will air their view.
And as I said, I never knew that anniversaries, birthday, Valentine and things like that matters to men. I thought it's only women that carries it on their head.

so why is she acting like she forgot? To make him feel worthless?.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by ityP(m): 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
abescom:
You and your kind should learn not to comment on issues on nairaland if you have nothing tangible to say on the issue.

Many people who come here ( and I have had to at some point ) do so because they need help and want to get it without revealing their identity. The fact that you don't need such at the moment doesn't mean others are petty.

And he adding the money and work aspect is quite justifiable. He obviously is trying to make people see work isn't an excuse.

And if you give someone as much as he has said he gave and you still get called names because you help someone in genuine need you surely will be angry too.

Let's stop pulling others down because you have a way of belief that's different from theirs.

That Mstick guy is very shallow and he knows it
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by famouscargo4u: 8:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Edit - to those who may be wondering about my username, I created this account whilst trying to help two kids who were victims of rape.

Our 4th anniversary was few days ago, as I thought she would , my wife forgot the date. It ordinarily would not have hurt me so much but I have always had this feeling that she doesn't love me.

When we were dating she was all over me. But nothing I do ever since we got married gets appreciated. Few months ago she hurled abuses on me for helping a sister, a friend of hers, who lost a child and are homeless. And what's the help? Just 100k. Apparently I enjoy abandoning her need for others. And this
coming from a woman who few days earlier was saying I had invested over 2m on her business in a short while ( by her own calculation, as I don't take note when giving her money ).

I told a mother figure in church who is close to both me, her and the family I helped who corrected her. Expect if she will apologise tomorrow.

Off course the lady I helped in question is idiotic but I can't bear her and house and kids being homeless especially after losing a child.

My wife will never apologise when she does sometime I object to. Her apology which is often done in the most demeaning way is only tendered if I take the issue over board.

Our sex life since we got married has been poor to the extreme. I have ensured I do not cheat, not for a single day but I constantly have to beg for sex or masturbate to relieve myself.

Laying our bed is always a war for her. She does it only when she wants. Mind you we have two kids and a maid who helps with virtually everything.

The maid in the morning ( 90% of the time ) makes the breakfast, clean the house while she only baths our first child and get her ready for school, I take her to school most of the time.

Am I overreacting to expect my wife to

1. Properly apologise when she does something I do not like and ensure she doesnt repeat it? For instance few days ago she was planning on traveling outside our base, I only got to know through her phone conversation with her sister although she didn't eventually travel, I felt I should have known before hand as I got to know a night before. Till date what I got in form of apology is, "I would have told you". She was planning to travel by 5am, I heard her conversation by 10pm a night before and we slept on the same bed.

2. Sex at least 3 times a week? I stopped trying to initiate it after so many rejections.

3. Not to forget important dates such as our wedding anniversary?

4. To at all time be the one making my meal.

Please note she practically doesn't work now. We are setting up a fashion house for her she has taken over 3m from me as of the time of writing this. Note my cloths go to dry cleaners. Only thing she does is cook my meal ( when she wants ).

I am beginning to think maybe I am a mental health patient who doesn't know yet. Maybe something is wrong with me and I am just reacting based on that?
You don't have a wife!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 8:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
ogawisdom:
There is no real issue here

U get sex 3 x weekly which is enough

She must not be the one to prepare your food

Which one is wedding anniversary? Abeg get serious angry

There is no woman that won't react if u give someone 100k just like ( women are selfish like dt)

Women are not command to love men, they are to submit to men, it men that are commanded to love women.

Once your wife respects u and submits to you it's enough
She complaining about the money is not my problem. My problem is the sort of names she called me and how she made it look like I don't fend for my family.

We have two daughters 4 in April and 1 one year old baby, herself and our maid yet I spend over 200k monthly maintaining the house and this is despite the fact that we are building. I still manage to reach out to her parents as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by StandUpGuy247: 8:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
@op, follow these pages on YouTube and learn what you're doing wrong. The33secrets, 21 studios and alpha male strategies.

There's nothing bad in learning and you need to wear the pants back on or your wife's constant disrespect will ruin you mentally.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by fredoooooo: 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
The woman is the man in this marriage...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Edit - to those who may be wondering about my username, I created this account whilst trying to help two kids who were victims of rape.

Our 4th anniversary was few days ago, as I thought she would , my wife forgot the date. It ordinarily would not have hurt me so much but I have always had this feeling that she doesn't love me.

When we were dating she was all over me. But nothing I do ever since we got married gets appreciated. Few months ago she hurled abuses on me for helping a sister, a friend of hers, who lost a child and are homeless. And what's the help? Just 100k. Apparently I enjoy abandoning her need for others. And this
coming from a woman who few days earlier was saying I had invested over 2m on her business in a short while ( by her own calculation, as I don't take note when giving her money ).

I told a mother figure in church who is close to both me, her and the family I helped who corrected her. Expect if she will apologise tomorrow.

Off course the lady I helped in question is idiotic but I can't bear her and house and kids being homeless especially after losing a child.

My wife will never apologise when she does sometime I object to. Her apology which is often done in the most demeaning way is only tendered if I take the issue over board.

Our sex life since we got married has been poor to the extreme. I have ensured I do not cheat, not for a single day but I constantly have to beg for sex or masturbate to relieve myself.

Laying our bed is always a war for her. She does it only when she wants. Mind you we have two kids and a maid who helps with virtually everything.

The maid in the morning ( 90% of the time ) makes the breakfast, clean the house while she only baths our first child and get her ready for school, I take her to school most of the time.

1. Properly apologise when she does something I do not like and ensure she doesnt repeat it? For instance few days ago she was planning on traveling outside our base, I only got to know through her phone conversation with her sister although she didn't eventually travel, I felt I should have known before hand as I got to know a night before. Till date what I got in form of apology is, "I would have told you". She was planning to travel by 5am, I heard her conversation by 10pm a night before and we slept on the same bed.

2. Sex at least 3 times a week? I stopped trying to initiate it after so many rejections.

Please note she practically doesn't work now. We are setting up a fashion house for her she has taken over 3m from me as of the time of writing this. Note my cloths go to dry cleaners. Only thing she does is cook my meal ( when she wants ).

I am beginning to think maybe I am a mental health patient who doesn't know yet. Maybe something is wrong with me and I am just reacting based on that?

One word for your wife.

LAZY WOMAN.

Tufia.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by SeedofDavid: 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
I doubt. The mental health path is me questioning myself.

Am I demanding too much? Are my demands realistic or I am not normal? She is totally fine.
To the best of your knowledge, what does she do with her time cause I only see two things; sleep and nothing.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by surequality: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
My brother, you cannot determine if she loves you or not because she forgot " marriage aniversary.
I am a family man with wife and three children, I loves all of them but "sometime" I forget one date of birth.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Enemyofpeace: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
Your love does not leaf in her earth anymore
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
dirolad:
so why is she acting like she forgot? To make him feel worthless?.
She's in the best position to answer that question.
Talking about a woman resting in her home, not knowing that her husband has brought their family issue to social media for deliberation can not solve the problem.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Karleb(m): 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
She doesn't! Women don't forget such things.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by extremelygolden: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
I am pretty sure I can comfortably pay your salary for the next 3 years. 100% sure of it and I don't even know you.

Stop running your mouth. You don't know me.

Please Sir, stop replying senseless posts and focus on important things, jare.

Don't waste that useful time, I beg you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
pawn89:
You mentioned you have two kids at the moment, when did you start noticing these changes ( am assuming it wasn't like this at the start of your marriage yes ? )

Sometimes, it could be a case of your wife experiencing postpartum depression, ,in which case you need to deal with very differently and with sensitivity
It has been like this from the beginning.

I only just started getting fed up and actually beginning to give up.

I endured this far because I know many youths look up to me and I can't disappoint them but I am running mad.

She left off this morning. Told me three days ago she was traveling today. Nothing said about the purpose of the trip. I got to know from a mother figure that she went to buy some stuffs, gave her 400k for her business days ago which she went to buy stuff with but should a sane woman not tell me her whereabout.

I am just praying she does what she has never done before, fail to return home tonight, it will be the end of us.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Rapecase: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
SeedofDavid:

To the best of your knowledge, what does she do with her time cause I only see two things; sleep and nothing.
Sleep, TV, some make up work when she has it and then more sleep.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Mariangeles(f): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
YorubaLord:

90% of ladies that run fashion businesses are Olosho. Take it or leave it! cool

"Nurses are olosho"
"Hair dressers are olosho"
"Female bankers are olosho"
"Air hostesses are olosho"
"Female doctors are olosho"
Now those into fashion businesses are olosho also?
Na wah o!
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Mariangeles(f): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Sleep, TV, some make up work when she has it and then more sleep.
She's a make-up artist?
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Goodgod213: 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
We have two beautiful girls.

Mr man are you a man?? Better follow this and stop wimping like a mugu please

Your problem is lack of sex and the power you've given her to use it against you.
Forgetting your anniversary is just a by-product of the real issues in your marriage.

The day you start begging a woman for sex, you start losing your self-worth and she will gradually start believing she can get away with anything since you will still meet her at night to beg for punny.

Just let her be sexually.

Continue with your duties as financial provider of the home generally, but reduce whatever she personally gets from you in a noticeable way.

As for your sexual needs, I won't hold it against you if you get it outside. That's exactly what I'd do in this scenario.
Sex is too easy to get for one person to use it to imprison me.

By the time you don't kiss, touch, or even breath on her neck for the next 5months, no one will remind her to receive sense.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by ogawisdom(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
She complaining about the money is not my problem. My problem is the sort of names she called me and how she made it look like I don't fend for my family.

We have two daughters 4 in April and 1 one year old baby, herself and our maid yet I spend over 200k monthly maintaining the house and this is despite the fact that we are building. I still manage to reach out to her parents as well.

She doesn't have respect for u and that is a big issue to me. U are a wealthy man ooo given the way u give her money. Anything that is easily obtained is never appreciated. Why all the disrespect? Is she fed up? Probe deeper
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Ulunne777(f): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
I doubt. The mental health path is me questioning myself.

Am I demanding too much? Are my demands realistic or I am not normal? She is totally fine.

They are normal.

If you have talked, prayed, begged and involved ppl yet nothing changed.

Ignore her, ignore her birthdays and allowances.
Keep ignoring so she can see hw painful it is.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Mariangeles(f): 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
Expensiverichyb:

It is a good thing you took back those words.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by jesmond3945: 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

i think your wife was pretending all this while, then when she married you her real colours came out. Solution: Stop pandering to her whims. like someone said she is manipulative. Dont let it bother you, allow her to look for a job, stop giving her free money. Only do the best you can as the husband and father. She sees you as her houseboy. I mean how can she not take your kids to school when she is not even working or cook. Send that maid home, she is making your wife lazy. Try and be doing things the house. Summary show your wife that you can be the husband and wife at the same time. When my wife refused to cook, you know what I did. I went to market and cooked the most delicious meal ever, called her to come and eat. She knelt down and was begging me. So you are the man, use wisdom and handle this issue.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by dinachi(m): 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

You are not ready to do what is necessary to enjoy your marriage and be in charge most of you young men of nowadays are so weak and it is so so pathetic!

How can you be asking an already married woman to do her duties?

Abeg I am tired of weak men abeg! Look at how a woman is twisting and turning you up and down with your money oh! God forbid , if you loose your job, do you know that this woman will give you high blood pressure and untimely death.

Well, if at any time you get your wits around you and you are ready to be a man do the following:

1, Stop worrying her, quit it all together.
2, Get a girlfriend outside or develop your masturbating skills to relieve yourself so that lust wont make you rush her and start begging.
3, Improve your dressing drastically.
4, Reduce drastically your communication with her to the basics. Don't be rude but be tarciturn.
5, While at home and in her presence make call to your lady friend and talk long and loud, in fact be joyful while making the calls or pretend you are talking to a lady but don't look at her while doing this.
6, Stop giving her money for her business. Of she asks let her know you are low on cash. Keep posting her.
7, If she makes move for sex, resist it and say you are not interested. Don't rush and go overboard to sex her or else the spell will be broken. I know most of you young men are weak I hope you have the strength to do the following.

IF YOU DO ALL THESE AND SHE STILL DOESNT CHANGE, DONT BOTHER, SHE HAS BECOME A LESBIAN! DIVORCE HER!

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lai lai.. it has never happened.
And something I didn't do in my youth, it's not in my old age I will start doing it.

I don't need to be begged for sex either.

At least u balanced it.

But sometimes, it's good to do small shakara.

Women love to see their men want and show they want them. It's not actually begging as per se.
Makes them still feel desired.
If u understand what I mean

Personally, I like small shakara every now and then and the reaction that follows it. It's also a way of getting the woman's body prepared.
And not every time u say open, person go open. That's boring jor!
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by jesmond3945: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
It has been like this from the beginning.

I only just started getting fed up and actually beginning to give up.

I endured this far because I know many youths look up to me and I can't disappoint them but I am running mad.

She left off this morning. Told me three days ago she was traveling today. Nothing said about the purpose of the trip. I got to know from a mother figure that she went to buy some stuffs, gave her 400k for her business days ago which she went to buy stuff with but should a sane woman not tell me her whereabout.

I am just praying she does what she has never done before, fail to return home tonight, it will be the end of us.
stop giving her free money. let your wife look for work and understand what it means to make money. You are training her to be lazy.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
armyofone:
That picture fit him grin na wayo alufa Male bros dey do grin

Na crackhaus type dey full tub with roses and scented oil to get access.
I agree with him minus the looking outside for sex part.

Don't mind him.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by jesmond3945: 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:

your marriage is one sided. it seems you are the one doing all the work. let your wife do hers.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by tunize(m): 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
This is a little tin abi? Or u didn't read everything?
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mariangeles:

It is a good thing you took back those words.
Lol
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by 989900: 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Itcanbefixed:
I tell people that during courtship, most of the time, the parties involved are just pretending, this is because, both parties, are trying as much as possible to show their good side. Reality of who we really begins to show 0 - few years down the line. The way we handle this reality is how well our relationship with our spouses will progress.

In relation to this matter, sometimes we need to change ourselves to see the change that we desire in others. This new part of your wife may be as a result of hidden traits that spouses fail to pay attention to during courtship. For most marriages, you will hardly escape this occurrence. I did not escape this in my marriage

There are so many things that will be required for a proper advice to be given on this matter, honestly, it will be difficult to just blame your wife for all you have mentioned without getting her own views. However, I will try as much as possible to try to use the closest possible examples.

1. Does your wife express satisfaction after you both have sex (I asked this, because if she doesn't enjoy it, she would not see the need for it) -
[b]Solution
: Please go and learn techniques to please your wife if she doesn't, wives will tell their husbands if they enjoy sex one way or the
other, if she has not been saying so, please go and learn! Also, there is a need to ask her if you are satisfying her in this regard, asking does not do
any harm, It's your marriage, I ask my wife regularly, it was from our discussion that I discovered that I needed to up my game, now I get regular
thank you e.t.c note: I don't use sex enhancement drugs, burantashi e.t.c (No pride intended) just fruits that I learnt on google through simple
searches like "fruits / foods that aid sex e.t.c[/b]

2. Not all Humans Believe in Giving Freely: Some women perceive giving freely as waste of money, some like to put a value and calculation to
every single kobo you give. This should not be counted against her because the kind of training she received for the over 18 or more years before
you guys got married is different, families, environment etc of couples are different, trust me, not all signs are seen during dating or courting.
Solution :If you try to forcefully bend a dried fish, It will break, however, by applying techniques such as soaking in water and been gentle,
you will eventually be able to bend the once dried fish. Marriage involves the act of trying different methods to make it work, if you try one method
and it does work try another method. With time and constant discussions , you wife may begin to accept that charity is an acceptable way of
life.

3. House Chores / Keeping the House Tidy / Making of Bed : Not all marriages are the same, not all women are the same, not all men are the
same, It is easier to tolerate your wife than trying to make her suddenly become what she has not been trained to be by upbringing.
Solution :Used to complain about my wife not making bed, not keeping the room tidy etc until I came to the realization that what I ever say
or do concerning this will not change my wife, this was causing some much friction until I decided to start doing this my self or just look the other
way. Believe me, I have more peace and we fight less because of this, dont mind people that will call you all sort of names for trying to save your
marriage, cos if I dont tell you "how will you accuse my wife of these things". If you cannot live with the flaws of your spouse, it may be difficult to
have a peaceful home, cause only you can tolerate not fix your wife.

4. Third Parties : I dont know who involved pastors, elderly women etc in your martial issues, but not all women like third parties to hear about
their flaws or weakness, some of the new attitudes of your wife may be because of this.
Solution : Try as much as possible to discuss your marital issues alone without a third party. Even if you have to do this, it should be only for
the purpose of advice from trusted people that will not give you advice to destroy your home, preferably without the knowledge of your wife to
avoid issues, but with time you will learn how to apply right actions without consulting anyone.

5. Your marriage is still fixable ! you have to change yourself to see the change that you desire in others.

I hope this helps!

Number one is the root of all the evil in that house.

A very well sexually satisfied woman is a willing tool in the hand of her man.
Re: My Wife Forgets Our Anniversary - Does She Love Me? by jesmond3945: 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rapecase:
Funny thing is, you have always been involved in this issue from 2 years ago. It lingers. Our pastors ( the new one and the previous one who was transferred ) and their wives have been involved. A mother we both respect have been involved yet nothing changed.

Getting worst so much that I am beginning to question my own sanity.
dont involve 3rd parties anymore. take charge of your house. allowing 3rd parties would make your wife question your authority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.