Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

What Made Nigeria So Populated - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Made Nigeria So Populated (19984 Views)

Amaechi To Be Made Nigeria Ambassador To Australia. / Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:05am On Dec 17, 2010
fstranger aka aigbofa
Did Igbos not have city states? Go back and read Physics MHD's submission or enlighten yourself via google. I am not Igbo but I am open-minded enough to study about others.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by aljharem(m): 6:06am On Dec 17, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Is Oyo empire= Yoruba empire? That is the question.

yes it is

just like nri kingdom=igbo kingdom
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:06am On Dec 17, 2010
alj harem:

no but we had kingdoms

Alj.

Thank you for being honest about the non-existence of empires in Igboland

So you guys are pretty much inferior to the Yorubas eh?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:06am On Dec 17, 2010
[/quote][quote author=strangerf link=topic=569870.msg7352503#msg7352503 date=1292562321]

In the olden days, Yoruba people were referred to as Oyo mesi!

Come out lets do battle!

So all Yoruba were under Oyo empire? Who taught you that?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by aljharem(m): 6:08am On Dec 17, 2010
Akin-Egba:

fstranger aka aigbofa
Did Igbos not have city states? Go back and read Physics MHD's submission or enlighten yourself via google. I am not Igbo but I am open-minded enough to study about others.

do not start this battle with the yorubas because "we"igbos did not have an empire but kingdoms
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:08am On Dec 17, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Olodo rabata

I pity you!

City states is different from empire

city states is the essence of civilisation, different from an Empire
dunce!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:10am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

Olodo rabata

I pity you!

City states is different from empire

city states is the essence of civilisation, different from an Empire
dunce!

Fo--l. Did every single Yoruba belong to the Oyo empire? Was Ondo, ekiti, for instance, part of the Oyo empire, since you claim Oyo empire= Yoruba empire?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by aljharem(m): 6:10am On Dec 17, 2010
Akin-Egba:

i am igbo but i want to ask if u know the meaning of an empire embarassed undecided cry
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:13am On Dec 17, 2010
alj harem:

i am igbo but i want to ask if u know the meaning of an empire embarassed undecided cry

Ode,

Ife used to be part of the OYO EMPIRE, YES, YES, YES

I am from Ife

I am conncted to the palace, and if you ask the Ooni, he would tell you the same thing

Igbobuigbo=Akin Egba, come out of the closet. Be a man!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2010
Also, until recently, Ife used to be in Oyo state

And Ife plus other Yoruba towns, used to be referred to as the Oyo Empire

The Alaafin used to be the First man of the Yoruba man, in those days

IGBOBUIGBO = AKINEGBA Come out and Fight Like a MAN.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:17am On Dec 17, 2010
IGBOBUIGBO = AKINEGBA Where are YOU?

Dont LOGOFF on ME

COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:23am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

Dont LOGOFF on ME

COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN

My Egba was never part of Oyo empire, may be yours was. Now stop derailing this thread with your usual infantile tribal rants
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by MandingoII(m): 6:25am On Dec 17, 2010
ya'll like fugging shocked

simple

Don't like talking about it, but love doing it. shocked
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:26am On Dec 17, 2010
Akin-Egba:

My Egba was never part of Oyo empire, may be yours was. Now stop derailing this thread with your usual infantile tribal rants

IgboBUIGBO = AKINEGBA I SAY shut up

The Egba nation originally under the Oyo empire became independent following the collapse of the Oyo empire in the first half of the 19th century. Tribal wars with the dahomey where the Egba were successful partly due to the protection afforded by the Olumo Rock led to the founding of the city of Abeokuta, which literally means "under the rock".

The Egba are made up of the following sub-divisions - the Ake, Owu, Okeona, Gbagura and Ibara, each with its own king. During colonial rule, the British appointed the Alake of Ake (king of Ake) as the paramount ruler and is therefore referred to often now as the Alake of Egbaland. The titles of the kings of the aforementioned sub-divisions are the Oshinle of Oke-Ona, the Alake of Egbaland, the Olowu of Owu, the Agura of Gbagura, and the Olubara of Ibara.

IGBOBUIGBO=AKIN EGBA

COME OUT OF THE CLOSET AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

Yes, there were [b]several [/b]Yoruba Empires ruling for thousands of years.

Such as Oyo empire and??
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by MandingoII(m): 6:27am On Dec 17, 2010
The Yoruba Tribe is an amalgamation of many DIFFERENT ethnicities.

You mofo's banded together to raid others for SLAVES.

duh,

why you think YA'LL look so different?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:28am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

The Egba nation originally under the Oyo empire became independent following the collapse of the Oyo empire in the first half of the 19th century. Tribal wars with the dahomey where the Egba were successful partly due to the protection afforded by the Olumo Rock led to the founding of the city of Abeokuta, which literally means "under the rock".

The Egba are made up of the following sub-divisions - the Ake, Owu, Okeona, Gbagura and Ibara, each with its own king. During colonial rule, the British appointed the Alake of Ake (king of Ake) as the paramount ruler and is therefore referred to often now as the Alake of Egbaland. The titles of the kings of the aforementioned sub-divisions are the Oshinle of Oke-Ona, the Alake of Egbaland, the Olowu of Owu, the Agura of Gbagura, and the Olubara of Ibara.

Not my own egba. There were many egbas. Read your history.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:30am On Dec 17, 2010
MandingoII:

The Yoruba Tribe is an amalgamation of many DIFFERENT ethnicities.

You mofo's banded together to raid others for SLAVES.

duh,

why you think YA'LL look so different?

grin grin grin grin ;DWith different tribal marks to know the different groups. So much for an empire, no?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:31am On Dec 17, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Not my own egba. There were many egbas. Read your history.

ODE!

FIGHT LIKE A MAN

Abeokuta, also known as Egba- land is the capital of Ogunstate in south west Nigeria.[/b]Abeokuta was founded in 1830 but did not come to existence like other cities because of there superior social and cultural life .
[b]Egba land was ruled by the Oyo empire, and stood together with others into 25 kingdoms in the southwestern part of Africa

The Egba people were once part of the 25 kingdoms, and ruled by the Oyo empire. They lived together asa huge group but wanted independence, so brought the Oyo empire to its destruction. However, they were having wars against the Oyo empire. They successfully won by using the Olumorock as defense and sanctuary which led to the founding of Abeokuta. They called the rock Olumowhich means The Lord has decided to put and end to the tribal war and it is still called that.In 1832 the Ijebu challenged the Egbasand it was called the Owiwi war. In 1834 the Ibadan also waged another war called the Arakanga war, but they were all defeated by the Egba people. Egba means in Yoruba language accept because all the kingdoms that wanted independents joined them. Abeokuta is also famous for there tie and dye clothings
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:33am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

ODE!

FIGHT LIKE A MAN

Abeokuta, also known as Egba- land is the capital of Ogunstate in south west Nigeria.[/b]Abeokuta was founded in 1830 but did not come to existence like other cities because of there superior social and cultural life .
[b]Egba land was ruled by the Oyo empire, and stood together with others into 25 kingdoms in the southwestern part of Africa

The Egba people were once part of the 25 kingdoms, and ruled by the Oyo empire. They lived together asa huge group but wanted independence, so brought the Oyo empire to its destruction. However, they were having wars against the Oyo empire. They successfully won by using the Olumorock as defense and sanctuary which led to the founding of Abeokuta. They called the rock Olumowhich means The Lord has decided to put and end to the tribal war and it is still called that.In 1832 the Ijebu challenged the Egbasand it was called the Owiwi war. In 1834 the Ibadan also waged another war called the Arakanga war, but they were all defeated by the Egba people. Egba means in Yoruba language accept because all the kingdoms that wanted independents joined them. Abeokuta is also famous for there tie and dye clothings

Still not my own egba. Please dig up some more or ask you father, if still alive.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:36am On Dec 17, 2010
^^^^

Ode!

No Igboempire still

SMH
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by AkinEgba: 6:37am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

^^^^

Ode!

No Igboempire still

SMH

How is that my problem when I am an egba? Wetin concern me with ''Ibo empire''?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2010
The Egba nation made up of the following sub-divisions - the Ake, Owu, Oke Ona, Gbagura and Ibara, each with its own king originally under the Oyo empire became independent[b] following the spectacular collapse of Oyo in the first half of the 19th century[/b]. Tribal wars with the Dahomey where the Egbas were successful partly due to the protection afforded by the Olumo Rock led to the founding of the city of Abeokuta, which literally means "under the rock".

AKINEGBA = IGBOBUIGBO FIGHT LIKE A MAN

COME OUT
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:44am On Dec 17, 2010
AKIN EGBA = IGBOBUIGBO

FIGHT ME LIKE A BRAVE IBO MAN THAT YOU ARE

WHY WAS THERE NO IBO EMPIRE? WHY? WHY?

TALK TO ME

DONT LOGOFF PLS DO YOUR IBO PEEPS PROUD

DONT RUN TO IVORYCOAST LIKE OJUKWU

PLEASE BE BRAVE FOR ONCE
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by poweredcom(m): 7:21am On Dec 17, 2010
Nigerian should adotp a method of 2 kids per House hold, thing are not getting better in this country , people dojt use sense any more, come to the slums and see how litle girls are getting pregnant, who is gonna be responsible for those unborn baby chldren, tommorrow
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Irk(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2010
Lack of good family planning which is due to illiteracy.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by MrCork6: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2010
Answer: IBO people angry
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by babsmii(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2010
illetracy, mostly from the north, i speak to be corrected!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2010
babsmii:

illetracy, mostly from the north,  i speak to be corrected!

Its those camel humping and grass chomping almajiris SMH. Last time I checked, there were 30million almajiris up North, and I bet each one has its own 20 wife, each wife with her own 5 children.

[s]<Chyz, pele, had to steal your joke. cracked me up>[/s]
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Jay595(m): 9:44am On Dec 17, 2010
First of all try and get ur sources straight; Nigeria is the 8th populous country in the world and is estimated to become the 2nd by the year 2050.
The root reason 4 over-population in Nigeria is POVERTY. I can"t go in too deep 2 explain coz dats like a 6 units course spread over 2 semesters, but I'll say this:  Poverty is one of the major cause of high illiteracy rates, which is d obvious cause of people believing reproducing 2 make money out of d children. Also, lack of woman empowerment increase population (just note it, will tk me 2 long 2 explain). The Economic paradox also comes: 'The higher d income u receive the lower the children conceived but the lower d income the high the children conceived' - this basically because for the high income earners cost of rearing children increases and in order to maintain their standard of living fewer children r required; but for low income earners they don't know the cost of rearing children and they see them as a source of income.
to understand better try reading the 'Demographic Transition Theory' by Coale-Demning.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Onlytruth(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2010
To think that a Zimbabwean whose money -Zim dollar- is a trash-heap can come to nairaland to indirectly insult Nigeria and Nigerians is one of those days one accepts a humble pie. Bitterly.
You do so because of high level of ignorance among Nigerians on this site.

Let me paint the picture clearly.

Zimbabwe's GDP in 2009 was $4.161 billion with a population of 11 million

While Nigeria's GDP was $341.1 billion with a population of 150 million.

Nigeria is about 13 times larger than Zimbabwe in population, but with a whopping 85 times bigger GDP!

Pray, how dare a Zimbabwean show face on a Nigerian forum, especially when Nigerians know how wicked Zimbabweans (especially Shonas) are?  Nigerian newspapers in the 1990s constantly relayed how Zimbabweans treated Nigerians.

Zimbabwe is not even richer than any Nigerian state! I can't recall any Nigerian state poorer than Zimbabwe.

I don chop sh1t!  cry cry cry
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ifyalways(f): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2010
Trust NLD,everything turns to my tribe is better than urs embarassed
@Topic,Poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Lawmakers Elect To March Into Rivers House Of Assembly / Oyo Assembly Approves Nomination Of Bayo Lawal To Replace Olaniyan As Deputy Gov / Why We Raided A Computer Office In Lagos - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.