Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (83340 Views)

Married, But Living As Single / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy / Married But Feels Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by SweetCunt97(f): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
zexy2030:

for u r husband to stop having sex with u that long, prolly has observed you have tendency to cheat, hence he is getting it outside, and he noticed from ur attitude you never loved him but he needed a good wife. unfortunately got a woman who was forced to marrying him and not loving him.
I sense u have started cheating u because u insisted on a divorce.
Pls shut it! You must think every woman can't stay without sex this one u shouting cheating upandan

2 Likes

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Olumyyde(m): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
Girlwhocares:
Please help me, I'm loosing my sanity everyday!
I'm scared to open up to friends and families because of what they will think or how disappointed or bad I will make them feel, also I'm afraid people will be judgemental about my actions.

I'm not physically and emotional connected with my husband which is affecting our marriage and my well-being, we live as co-tenant, we hardly have any conversation, we do things differently, we share different rooms, no sex for the past 3 years! Even during courtship and the fist two years of marriage I can account for days we were intimate.

Things are fallen out of place everyday, we have a child together who will be 4yrs and the thought of having another child has not crossed my mind.

I get irritated at everything, I hardly show appreciation towards him even if it means he has done his best, which later i will find myself guilty and try to make up but the spark and connection isn't just there.

Most times, I have a non-challant attitude towards him and everything he does to make me happy.

I feel lonely, bored and incomplete even when I'm 90% sure my husband loves me and always ready to make me happy.

I feel awkward communicating my feelings and thoughts to him because I know I might flare up with anger even when he hasn't done or said anything to warrant it.

Please I have come to this faceless forum to pour out my mind, my heart is heavy, I need someone to talk to, I'm afraid my personal intention of walking out this marriage even when my husband hasn't done anything to deserve this might backfire and has its negative effect on our child.

I honestly don't need anyone to insult me please as I'm going through a lot. All i need is mature married wo(men) opinions

Thank you for your time.

My sister, pray to GOD about it, HE knows the best way your marriage can be revived. Secondly, learn to love your husband unconditionally, mind u, this isn't a function of feeling or emotion, but an act u must do because "LOVE NEVER FAILS". May GOD help u. Hope is not lost. Cheers!!!!
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by SweetCunt97(f): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
zyzxx:
1. I appreciate you at least care about the poor man, it means you are not heartless
2. The fact is you will still have to open up, else things will go more wrong, but since you have the mindset that you want it work, itemize the activities you did then with your ex. Involve your husband in it, do things you love together... Behind him back to your taste, you can't go back to your ex again. So you don't have choice than to make the one you have work

This is a long marriage that you can't just break

Your victory is in "open up"
Open up to him then both of you work it out

While you keep praying to God to make you love him
Long marriage? 4 years? If na so Bruce Willis wife for no dump am for Ashton. But these oyinbos no send anybody... Their personal happiness is their priority

3 Likes

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Joystark(f): 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Just add your file to the 4k plus divorce cases in Abuja already undecided
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by ndbaba1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ogbeni abeg make we hear word. When una go leave man wey una suppose marry come go for gold-digging, wetin you expect?
Abeg we no be marriage counsels abi telecom to connect abi na reconnection so we fit call NEPA.
Nonsense and ingredient
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by AmuDimpka: 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
author=Girlwhocares post=86853372]Please help me, I'm loosing my sanity everyday!
I'm scared to open up to friends and families because of what they will think or how disappointed or bad I will make them feel, also I'm afraid people will be judgemental about my actions.

I'm not physically and emotional connected with my husband which is affecting our marriage and my well-being, we live as co-tenant, we hardly have any conversation, we do things differently, we share different rooms, no sex for the past 3 years! Even during courtship and the fist two years of marriage I can account for days we were intimate.

Things are fallen out of place everyday, we have a child together who will be 4yrs and the thought of having another child has not crossed my mind.

I get irritated at everything, I hardly show appreciation towards him even if it means he has done his best, which later i will find myself guilty and try to make up but the spark and connection isn't just there.

Most times, I have a non-challant attitude towards him and everything he does to make me happy.

I feel lonely, bored and incomplete even when I'm 90% sure my husband loves me and always ready to make me happy.

I feel awkward communicating my feelings and thoughts to him because I know I might flare up with anger even when he hasn't done or said anything to warrant it.

Please I have come to this faceless forum to pour out my mind, my heart is heavy, I need someone to talk to, I'm afraid my personal intention of walking out this marriage even when my husband hasn't done anything to deserve this might backfire and has its negative effect on our child.

I honestly don't need anyone to insult me please as I'm going through a lot. All i need is mature married wo(men) opinions

Thank you for your time.

[/quote]

You are a clown ....trust me

1 Like

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Sexyliciousbri: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
You are not a good wife. This is toxic please leave this guy so he can find someone nice

2 Likes

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by addictiv(m): 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
Interesting
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by thatsleepboy1: 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
daddytime:
Yet, another.

Madam, there is nothing anyone on here (a faceless forum) can advise you that'd matter any, or have any meaningful impact on your sham marriage because, from the get-go, you knew love was non-existent amongst anything else that must have attracted him to you.

You knew how you felt about him during courtship, into marriage, and up until now. I'm very certain that the only thing that had changed has been a progression in how much he disgusts you.

I feel so sorry for the poor naive man. He is indeed naive and a mugu. If he wasn't the previous and the latter, trust me when I say, even someone who was blind, deaf and mute, would be just too sensitive to the much hate you have and exhibit for this poor man.

On a side note, does anyone notice how relationships are gradually losing everything relationship about them?

The good old heart2heart or tete a tete between lovers and couples is being daily trashed on the alter of social media, where people now come to bare their minds on issues bordering on their lives and well beings, while hoping to get advised or validation from complete strangers who have zero to no idea how it truly seats with them on the whole.

Everything for the life just dey get k-leg dey go anyhow...

Na wa

you just said the right thing.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by IbitsonReloaded(m): 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
UjuJoan2:
It's because of situations like this that I wholly support open marriages.

What is open marriage biko. I just want to know. I abeg no insult me ooh
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by maasoap(m): 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
espn:
I suspect you must be seeing someone or someone else is making you happy...

Secondly maybe you still see an ex of yours or someone you once loved or dated, and you keep comparing him to your husband...

He has nothing to loose if you decide to end the marriage...you will....

Most likely. We can't expect her to own to this.

1 Like

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by maasoap(m): 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
[url][/url]
daddytime:
Yet, another.

Madam, there is nothing anyone on here (a faceless forum) can advise you that'd matter any, or have any meaningful impact on your sham marriage because, from the get-go, you knew love was non-existent amongst anything else that must have attracted him to you.

You knew how you felt about him during courtship, into marriage, and up until now. I'm very certain that the only thing that had changed has been a progression in how much he disgusts you.

I feel so sorry for the poor naive man. He is indeed naive and a mugu. If he wasn't the previous and the latter, trust me when I say, even someone who was blind, deaf and mute, would be just too sensitive to the much hate you have and exhibit for this poor man.

On a side note, does anyone notice how relationships are gradually losing everything relationship about them?

The good old heart2heart or tete a tete between lovers and couples is being daily trashed on the alter of social media, where people now come to bare their minds on issues bordering on their lives and well beings, while hoping to get advised or validation from complete strangers who have zero to no idea how it truly seats with them on the whole.

Na wa

E maa binu sir

1 Like

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by MarkTimmy(m): 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Vortex369:
@ Girlwhocares

I really am worried how people babysit you on this forum when all you need to learn on how to make your marriage works lie in more than a Gospel Truth.

Here comes my 'more than Gospel Truth' and you deserve it:

You think too highly of yourself, you believe the world revolves around your own happiness. It is silly of you to conjure up this image of your type of man. It is a world of fantasy and smart people know it is nothing but fantasy.

You believe in your heart that he is not your type, and you keep fantasizing about your type in such a manner that you are ready to go down on sex with boys who can not clean the floor that your husband walks, because because they are your type. Those boys you sleep with do not have to do anything to make you like them. You just foolishly like them, cos they are your type. It is not shameful, it is a worrisome case of mentality so disordered by expectation of what should have been that you have lost touch with what is.

I want to repeat that line;

You have lost touch with what is, while your mind is fixated on the framework of what should have been - a fantasy image built on a particular structure of the body and lifestyle that you have totally forgotten that you are married. You are ready to behave single and lie about your marital status and diet to look for ever young because you live in denial. You are hoping someday you will be with your type for ever. A silly fantasy that dies when you realize that you may not be the type of lady for your type of man. When you meet your type of man, are you really his type of woman? mostly no, so the table turns, and you begin to face the Karma you put your husband through. Because obviously, he is also a slave of your type of woman.

Respect

1 Like

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by wisesoul(m): 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Girlwhocares:

Yes,have been dating my bf for (15yrs)he was my first nd the only one have ever loved,our problem started when my dad said he witnessed where exhibited an unruly characters to some elders and also cos of the friends he moves with recently as at then and that he wasnt comfortable with our relationship (which i pleaded and made him understand everyone deserves another chance but cos how principled my dad was he insisted he won't consent to our union)
To be candid,this is the guy have share all my life with,he's all i wanted in a man but my dad opinion ruined our relationship.

I think seperation from my husband is all i need just for clarity sake but honestly,the more i try to make the marriage work the more i drift away from him and I dont know how to go about it.

I have visited two marriage counsellors without informing my husband all in my effort to work things but not yielding results as expected

My dear, the first solution to your problem is to talk your husband into it, probably in a serene environment where there will be no distraction. Try as much as possible to open up your inner mind so as not to let anger or pride ruin the atmosphere. When you do that, I can now no what next.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Lamanii22(f): 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
daddytime:
Yet, another.

Na wa

She didn't marry for love... She probably married the man that was ready... When it's not as if she was forced into marriage.. She should have seen some signs all through their courtship and all...
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by ayobaye(m): 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
Girlwhocares:

Yes,have been dating my bf for (15yrs)he was my first nd the only one have ever loved,our problem started when my dad said he witnessed where exhibited an unruly characters to some elders and also cos of the friends he moves with recently as at then and that he wasnt comfortable with our relationship (which i pleaded and made him understand everyone deserves another chance but cos how principled my dad was he insisted he won't consent to our union)
To be candid,this is the guy have share all my life with,he's all i wanted in a man but my dad opinion ruined our relationship.

I think seperation from my husband is all i need just for clarity sake but honestly,the more i try to make the marriage work the more i drift away from him and I dont know how to go about it.

I have visited two marriage counsellors without informing my husband all in my effort to work things but not yielding results as expected

Madam, I feel strongly that you exhibit a little of pride in all your approaches. It is pride that stops you from getting to your husband in a loving manner.
You are only hampering yourself. May I tell you this, that there is no perfect human. We all strive to be okay. So my candid advice is that you lovingly embrace your husband for you to have joy and for the sake of your child. Half word is enough for the wise. Wise up madam.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Originalsly: 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
Girlwhocares:

He's highly intelligent which is a great turn on for me in any relationship,

we never dated,but we were good friends!

Yes,i accepted to marry him not for love

cos i never see us as lovers

but i thought i will overcome and will grow to love him as we grow together

(what my mum made me understand).

I have been struggling with feelings of loving him and its isnt just adding up.

Love cannot come by force. Is hard to fix a situation like this when there is love flowing in one direction only. But has the relationship moved from friendship to co tenant status after giving birth?... were you like 'attacking him' for no reason before the baby? Some women do change after giving birth.... maybe post partum has a hand in this?
No doubt... you wouldn't be willing to share this your confession with those that know you. But as a guy.... I would strongly advise you sit down with your husband and let him know what you related to us. If you find that too difficult... just direct him to this thread. My reasoning .... communication is key... and that's what you're not doing. If he understands what's going on with you.... he will be there for you.... understand your tantrums... understand the false accusations or whatever unfair treatment you may mete out to him. He will show you love... and I believe when you realize that he is the only one that understands what you're going through.... your heart will open up to him... it is only then that the seeds of love will take root from your end.... changing your relationship from co tenant... back to friend... and for the first time.... you will have a ehmmm..... do I have to say?

3 Likes

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
You need a therapist.

Modified : You didn't love him. You stated you did not marry him for love. You've wrecked his life well enough. Set him free.
Husband many ladies are praying for is what you've messed up with your behaviour. May God have mercy on you.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by priscaoge(f): 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
I just disliked you after reading this. I do not know you or ever met you but pls STOP TORMENTING THAT YOUNG MAN! No Man deserves such wicked treatment you are giving him. Imagine if he’s the one doing this to you, the whole world would have crucified him angry STOP TORMENTING HIM!

Let him go! Free him from your bondage before you kill him. Nothing kills a man than having a cold hearted woman as a wife!

Please free him I beg of you! LET HIM GO!!!

3 Likes

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by scopp(m): 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
People might not understand what you ate going through. I know how it feels to get to a level where your partner irritates you. But I have a message for you madam. Surrender yourself to God. When you surrender yourself to him and discover that he hates divorce you will do all you can to make it work. When you have it at the back of your mind that this marriage is for better for worse and you must live with this man for the rest of your life you will definitely find a way to love. Pls take it to God in prayers. God will see us thru.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by fortunechy(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
I would have given u inspirational advise that will help you, but since u said"u need matured married women advise " let me just mind my business and read only comments
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Spain007(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
Girlwhocares:

Thank you for your time.

Three years without sex...tell that to ur child.
Ur problem is that u're searching for something not sold in the market.
Some lover boy dey corner dey whine you while u dey other side dey stress ur muguMan.
Body go tell you once ur eye clears
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by Aybm(m): 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
Girlwhocares, call me lets talk.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by ThePianoGuy: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2020
Girlwhocares:

I have opened up to two counsellors to seek for their professional therapy but they ended up been biased and sentimental,hence their involvement was fruitless.

However,there's no harm in trying another therapist who will more professional in his/her dealings.

Thank you so much for the suggestions and i will surely look into it.
you are looking for attention
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by ThePianoGuy: 12:03am On Feb 23, 2020
Spain007:

Three years without sex...tell that to ur child.
Ur problem is that u're searching for something not sold in the market.
Some lover boy dey corner dey whine you while u dey other side dey stress ur muguMan.
Body go tell you once ur eye clears
three years no sex this lady is heartless or probably it’s a scripted story
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by DeeMain(m): 12:05am On Feb 23, 2020
healthserve:

She herself placed mental blocks to not love him no matter ehat he does. Thiugh the power to be able to love him is within her. Amongst many other things I'm picking in my own inner truth discerning systems. To avoid wasting my precious counsel is ehy i called her whom she was and told her the right thing to do, to elt the man go. Maturity many times isn't using plenting words thats why i settled fro two this morning

" Witch " and " Divorce ". I hope you get my drift now

She's a useless human being. This one is past redemption. Her soul is dry bitter and narcissistic. Only the Holyspirit can help these kinds. Theraphy and cuddling her with niceties won't. If she came to me for theraphy with this, she's in trouble.

So sometimes i could be detailed other times I'll be abrupt, blunt and instant. As the Holyspirit leads me

Holy Spirit leading you to curse a woman, who feels helpless and hopeless in the face of a problem she is seeking solutions for, and meanly label her with such acerbic words? Chairman check again. Demonic spirits will be more like it.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by ThePianoGuy: 12:09am On Feb 23, 2020
DeeMain:

Holy Spirit leading you to curse a woman, who feels helpless and hopeless in the face of a problem she is seeking solutions for, and meanly label her with such acerbic words? Chairman check again. Demonic spirits will be more like it.
you chill up. Why will someone punish her husband with sex for three years
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by chronique(m): 12:21am On Feb 23, 2020
Girlwhocares:

Thank you for your time.

You really don't have much problems other than the fact that you are suffering from a psychiatric problem and you need to see a doctor asap cos from all you have said, all the problems in the marriage starts and ends with you. Get help fast.
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by wisdomkid: 12:21am On Feb 23, 2020
Nigerians.. We'll never know how to talk or reason while others are in pains.. I guess that is why we always have bad governments because they're Nigerians and can't understand the plight of the common man.

Someone says she's not happy in her marriage for 4 years, her mum said she will be, but she is not, and you're castigating her?
Instead of some people to advise, they're cursing, saying she has a spirit husband, etc? Wonder what's up with the black man's brain and empathy.

Madam, just know that even if you stay with him for 20 more years, you'll be getting angrier.
You said he's intelligent, why not look for a way to discuss this with him?
What are his thoughts on divorce?
What has he done for your family that makes it hard leaving the marriage?
Have you gone to see a marriage counselor?

Wishing you the best.

1 Like

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by here: 12:22am On Feb 23, 2020
There is nothing a counselor will do for you
You have your emotions messed up by not being allowed to have who you wanted and addicted to,your ex.
And rather than wait and have a fling to ease up those tension to reassess what you really want you went into a marriage and waking up now. This is the reason why most people are told to just have a casual Stuff after a breakup to have a clear head. Now this man is your perceived fling and you just woke up and now wants something. Guess what your marked and it’s late. You’re an adult,you can’t love someone if you don’t love yourself and making him pay for what you couldn’t have by feeling irritated always shows frustration. See he is a man when this continues you might just discover you pushed him to have an affair and babies out. You need to wake up and snap from this temporary irrational behavior and decide what you want as truly no one has to waste 3yrs to figure if she wants a separation.
The man you wanted has he gotten married? See sometimes the thing people wanted don’t come don’t put the blame on your father it didn’t happen so wake up and move on with life. Every single day you waste in a marriage isn’t coming back,for every marriage that the man isn’t abusive and not cheating deserve to be celebrated. You have a beautiful opportunity to make this work not for him but for yourself. Stop making it about him that’s why you’re losing it. Deal with your self. And your sudden desire for something you want,that item is sold and no more on the shelve. Wish I know how to express all I want to tell you better because there is no guarantee your next relationship will end well as your still wired to a fantasy. Wake up dear for yourself and do it now

1 Like

Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by omotowo2: 12:22am On Feb 23, 2020
Girlwhocares:

You didn't even answer the question that was asked? Are you still seeing that your ex?
Re: Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed by evy1(m): 12:26am On Feb 23, 2020
toye440:
let me guess, they both said thesame thing; the brutal and bitter truth. Woman u cant get to the promise land while u r still grieving over Egypt. U r still carrying experiences from ur past relationship, which is dangerous.
Look they say before u leap, but in ur case it was the other way round. Woman wake up from this stupidity, and try to reciprocate his love, its not too late to be his wife and a good mother to ur child. Trust me good men are hard to come bye, u r blessed with one and all u do is dish out ur trifling excuses for not been able to love him. Nothing comes easy, u hv gat to fight for it.
Exactly I'm also sure the two therapist she saw were really blunt with her, she doesn't want to be told the truth rather sugar coated lies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child / Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) / You Want To Have Sex With Your Wife & She Is Pressing Her Phone (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.