Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? (43513 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by OlujobaSamuel: 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
I'm sorry, I've no plan for even a personal room, my room is that of me and wife, I'm not fetish, cheating nor have plan to marry a 2nd wife

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Divay22(f): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Joystark(f): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
I'll just book space and wait for the elders to get here.

lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Fragility6: 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
Should husband and wife do this, should they do that blablabla... All diz popular opinion on marriage na anoda issue why marriage dey fail today. Marriage wasn't diz publicized years back

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by PreciousMumy: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
Good question
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
OF COURSE.
1. since LADIES like hanging pants and bras every where.
If we allow them they will hang them right inside the KITCHEN

2. To avoid NAGGING at Night.
3. To avoid being MURDERED by ur WIFE while asleep

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by PrinceGallant: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
I prefer different rooms if possible.

Enough spaces allow breathing. Let me have my things under my control. Women likes coolers, many luggages, they can keep cooking pots inside wardrobes. They love loads both useless and useful loads too much.

Let her have her rooms and arrange it to her best wish, let me have my reading table and my bed alone. I hate too much loads

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Igbudu1: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kylekent59:
After he paid huge for traditional marriage, paid bride price, still did white wedding.

He even pays for his wife bills, he also sends money to the wife's father and mother. He also pays for his wife's brother school fees and his wife's sister is currently in his house living with them.

His wife's sister is currently in year two and she comes stay with them every vacation. He even pays for her school fees, house rent and still gives her some cash in case of miscellaneous expenses.

He even opened a supermarket for the wife and still gives her #50k everyweek.

And someone comes here to ask if they should or shouldn't

The comments almost made sense , only that it was clouded by irresponsible monetary disposition..

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by alezzy13: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
It all depends on circumstance: Snoring partner, bedwetter, etc

For instance I know of a couple who choose to stay separate because the husband can't sleep without ac on full blast while the wife is very sensitive to cold. So they stay in different rooms but are very okay with it.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Randy100: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
As somebody who like my room to be like a football field, why not?

6 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Divay22(f): 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
PrinceGallant:
I prefer different rooms if possible.

Enough spaces allow breathing. Let me have my things under my control. Women likes coolers, many luggages, they can keep cooking pots inside wardrobes. They love loads both useless and useful loads too much.

Let her have her rooms and arrange it to her best wish, let me have my reading table and my bed alone. I hate too much loads
Lol grin grin grin grin Coolers ko
You're right thou. My mum has a big pot that's occupying space in our house. Not like she uses it often o grin grin It's so annoying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Firstorderwizard(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
Let me Listen to the elders first before I comment
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by alezzy13: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
Personally I'm not sure I'll want to stay in same room with wify when I eventually marry.

I'm an intensely private person, and being in same room with someone 24/7 will surely get on my nerves

20 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Luckydubby7(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
My parents stays in separate rooms and I don't see anything wrong with it shall

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by mkoabiola: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
As for me it a separate room when i tie d knot ooo.....

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Okeytus(m): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
they should stay in the same room so communication can be enhanced.
But real men that are updated with the recent trends, sleep with one eye open when they share same room with their wives , don't ask me why?

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by picked(m): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
I don't see anything bad in it.....
Sometimes privacy is important..
Whatever works for them....

But to me,I don't really like it

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Naijaarchive(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Why would I nd my wife stay in different rooms

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Mayor88(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
NO[b][/b]
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Etizz: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kylekent59:
After he paid huge for traditional marriage, paid bride price, still did white wedding.

He even pays for his wife bills, he also sends money to the wife's father and mother. He also pays for his wife's brother school fees and his wife's sister is currently in his house living with them.

His wife's sister is currently in year two and she comes stay with them every vacation. He even pays for her school fees, house rent and still gives her some cash in case of miscellaneous expenses.

He even opened a supermarket for the wife and still gives her #50k everyweek.

And someone comes here to ask if they should or shouldn't

lol....but seriously, I know of someone who have the money to do 2X of what u just said up there, but they live in separate rooms......

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by mu2sa2: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
YourCoffin:
With the recent news on wives stabbing their husbands in their sleep, it is advisable couples stay in different rooms, if possible different buildings
Would you suggest going as far as different towns or even different countries, to be doubly sure of ones safety? Lol!

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Ade24682: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lol you just have to
Joystark:

Hahhahahahahhahahahha.
I love Nairaland cheesy
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Stillthebest: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
kiss

It is nothing.

When u get to a stage in life some things mean nothing.

Plus some wives are dirty.

Some husbands are fetish.

Almost every rich man is fetish.

Most every wives are dirty to the taste of some men.

Doesn't stop love.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McMayor(m): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
We have been married for 9 years Plus.
We own a 3bed room.
We have 6years + daughter.
We have 2years + son.
Me i dont like children dramas(crying)
Me & her we had agreement our children would be grown to takecare of themselves(at least to put themselves to bed and wake up to use the rest room) before she can move back to my room.

I would like to know the wrongs in this

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Lugianostar(m): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
By doing these you are bringing separation that is not suppose to be. Husbands and wife must have access to 2 or more rooms they want to stay in at any time.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Adewale623(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Staying in different room is very nice for some reasons.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
It depends on the wife.
With wives like Ishilove and Pocochantas, I won't even live in the same village with them.

They like money too much and I keep all my money in a nylon bag tied to my waist, don't wanna die in my sleep biko. grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by DSoj(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yes. Sometimes U need ur space and privacy. And these women have too many things.
Cant stand sight of wigs and make up everywhere in the room.

Women will be more glad to have their own rooms. They need it more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Omoluabi16(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
Everyone needs their space oh. Imagine having to share bed for the rest of my life.
It has it's pros and cons. But for a healthy sex life and late night discussions, it is most advisable. Na one of the sacrifices of marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by feldido(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
I used to hate the idea of me and wify staying in separate rooms, but since my baby became a year old, it's been pretty compact for 3 of us in same room. So wify sleeps with the baby in the other room and I sleep alone. Now I've come to like it.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by whitebeard(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
1030:
Most successful men don't share same room.Dont ask me why.You can decide if is right or wrong.
Dey whine ur self der..! Even the top richest have a role their wives played for them to get where dey are..!

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by bukatyne(f): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
For me, Capital No.

When we are building our house by God's grace, our room would be massive.

Some couples share a room and have another room where the wives put their stuff.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Woman, 23 Stabs Female Neighbour For Mocking Her Over 65-year Old Hubby (pic) / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.