Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,972 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? (42956 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
peacettw:

No, I meant that you should name one author et al that have published a study in a reputable journal that supports your hypothesis that a couple must sleep in one room

Yeah, I know. I didn't want Nairaland spam bolts to ban me for posting links here. Check that 10 lists again, I have attached 4 screenshots to it. It mentioned different studies authors and researchers. All the 10 points has different authors
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
Caring wife: Yes
Wife that Scatters room anyhow: Yes
Wife that cook well: Yes
Loving wife: Yes
The bottom line is that both husband and wife need their space sometimes, not because each constitutes nuisance but because even In marriage our individuality should be preserved & our personal goals both material and spiritual must also be achieved even in marriage.
James289:
It is good and at the same time it is not good, it depends on the relationship.
Nagging wife... Yes
Drunker husband..Yes
Bed wetting wife..Yes
Smoker husband..Yes
Cheating couple..Yes
They're just living together for the sake of their children not for love
But in relationship where there are love, respect, caring, cleanness, ...No.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
A hundred yes
peacettw:
Yaaaaaaasssss! Need you ask?

Been married for camel years and I can confidently say that having separate rooms is highly fundamental to the well being of the couple's mental state.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by peacettw: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
maasoap:

Yeah, I know. I didn't want Nairaland spam bolts to ban me for posting links here. Check that 10 lists again, I have attached 4 screenshots to it. It mentioned different studies authors and researchers. All the 10 points has different authors

I cant see the screenshots and link.
Found some links that support my motion that married couples should sleep in different rooms. Enjoy

https://www.thehealthy.com/sleep/why-married-couples-sleep-in-separate-beds/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/marriage/sleep-divorce-marriage-sleeping-apart-advice-secret-trick-a9042981.html%3famp
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by peacettw: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
McTobe:
A hundred yes

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss! grin
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Bukden16(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
omoharry:
sey the na nor see all these yeye qualities in her before saying I do ?

When love is sharking you sometimes don't see the seeable.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Bukden16(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
BarrElChapo:

How can you even live with a dirty person & or consummate the marriage as husband & wife in the first place. Dirtiness shouldn't even be a reason here.

Women and change is like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
At least you can rest in the night after a busy day at work, that baby cry deep in the night for palp or breastmilk will make you to be between being angry and pitying wifey for being up that late to breast feed. I just got my own go ahead to move back to a separate room after sharing the same room for going to one year now.
feldido:
I used to hate the idea of me and wify staying in separate rooms, but since my baby became a year old, it's been pretty compact for 3 of us in same room. So wify sleeps with the baby in the other room and I sleep alone. Now I've come to like it.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
grin grin grin
peacettw:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss! grin
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by MrMacinterchi1: 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
James289:
Nagging wife... Yes
Drunker husband..Yes
Bed wetting wife..Yes
Smoker husband..Yes
Cheating couple..Yes

bed wetting wife kwa? o di egwu
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Paxie55: 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
I will have my own room where I think, read, keep my stuffs and entertain my close family while me and boo have a common room where we cuddle, sleep and gist.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
James289:
Nagging wife... Yes
Drunker husband..Yes
Bed wetting wife..Yes
Smoker husband..Yes
Cheating couple..Yes
I love this. This is a near perfect answer. It's exactly my opinion too. So it's neither here nor there, depending on the situation and the nature of those spouses involved.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
peacettw:

I cant see the screenshots and link.
Found some links that support my motion that married couples should sleep in different rooms. Enjoy

https://www.thehealthy.com/sleep/why-married-couples-sleep-in-separate-beds/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/marriage/sleep-divorce-marriage-sleeping-apart-advice-secret-trick-a9042981.html%3famp

https://www.thegoodbody.com/benefits-of-sleeping-next-to-someone/

The screenshots were not initially. It was there by the time I posted my second post. In facts, there are many studies there. That one link has different researchers and studies carried out by different universities
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by MrMacinterchi1: 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
J111333:
It depends on the wife.
With wives like Ishilove and Pocochantas, I won't even live in the same village with them.

They like money too much and I keep all my money in a nylon bag tied to my waist, don't wanna die in my sleep biko. grin

lol... then there's no need going for the kind u explained lol

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by MrMacinterchi1: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
bukatyne:
For me, Capital No.

When we are building our house by God's grace, our room would be massive.

Some couples share a room and have another room where the wives put their stuff.

this is very true.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Olarewaju89: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
What if na one room dey rent, they should stay separate abi? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by peacettw: 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
maasoap:

https://www.thegoodbody.com/benefits-of-sleeping-next-to-someone/

The screenshots were not initially. It was there by the time I posted my second post. In facts, there are many studies there. That one link has different researchers and studies carried out by different universities

Sweetie, I have tried both. As a researcher, I can tell you that my mental state and that of my husband's improved significantly when I moved into my own room. I am pretty sure the p value if calculated will be <0.00000000001. Let's not argue inugo?

If you want we can team up, design an online questionnaire and post it in the family section of nairaland for married couples to answer. We can even encourage the mods to post it on the front page. I don't mind analyzing the data. If done right, we can get it published as well. Let me know what you think.

Proposed Title: Evaluating the co-habiting pattern of married couples and its clinical outcome

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by LadySwitz: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
Bukden16:
Yes...
For a Snoring wife, dirty ,untidy, nagging and an unkept wife... I'll say yes a 100 times

Unkempt wife, pls.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by katzy: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
I don't advice married couple to stay in separate rooms. Staying in same room strengthen the bond between couples and they can also settle issues faster
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Christmasdon(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Divay22:

And that's why senseless men like you who don't know how to mind their business die like fowls.
Come, stay off my lane angry
. E PAINA M! WHICH LANE USELESS AND NONSENSICAL LANE.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by vicben27(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
it's a big "No" for me. why the fuccck did we get married in the first place, why the fuccck Should we be staying in separate rooms. if she wants to stay in a separate room let her go back to her father's house.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yes. It is better if enough rooms are available. It helps give each their space and retain mutual respect.

Whenever you have doubts about any marriage and relationship issues, just think back to how our forefathers did it and emulate them; they had the most loyal, respectful, best behaved wives in those days.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
In reality the separate room doesn’t work every time. Before the baby arrived Mrs Wife will scatter her own room & gatecrash on my own room. Then I will go back and arrange her room for her then it will was working after some time I developed a simple strategy when I need my room for me I will put up an act grin before you know it she will go back to her scatter scatter room with cloths all over FFWD to when a baby arrived her room became parking store and my own extension of parking store cheesy plus the bedroom. I hv since adjusted after plenty argument. Just yesterday I got my personal room back after signing a verbal agreement...Women shaa can be fun & annoying at the same time
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by truthstands01: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
There's nothing wrong. It is good as it has no effect on true love existing between both of them. Rather, it helps each other to be more productive and psychologically stable.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Josade4(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lolsmiley
Can u imagine... You're very funny sombori

YourCoffin:
With the recent news on wives stabbing their husbands in their sleep, it is advisable couples stay in different rooms, if possible different buildings
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 9:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
Chai madam easy na, it’s just a thread. Those lines are harsh o. I understand you might be angry but take it easy Biko
Divay22:

And that's why senseless men like you who don't know how to mind their business die like fowls.
Come, stay off my lane angry
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
Does he still have any wife ? That one that will his thought will be divided like all the countries in Asia Minor of the old history books.
ProtectMyMoney:
[
It is obvious Dangote does not sleep in the same room with his wife.

That is why he is able to think clearly and achieve many projects
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by ProtectMyMoney: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
McTobe:
Does he still have any wife ?

Maybe they are in different building like someone said earlier.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McTobe(m): 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Bros no vex o are you married? If NO las las Na you go dey run that you need your own little space and wifey will be saying what you just posted...You are an African man after all
vicben27:
it's a big "No" for me. why the fuccck did we get married in the first place, why the fuccck Should we be staying in separate rooms. if she wants to stay in a separate room let her go back to her father's house.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McMayor(m): 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Haba. Not like we dont share rooms. We are still young couples. We spend time together.

I get home 7pm daily.
We stay together until children want to go to bed.
She even sneak into my room(you understand).
When we have relations that can stay with kids over night. She comes to my room.

I dont see this as a barrier. I believe married people can relate to all this.

maasoap:

That's understandable. I just hope that sleeping in the same room together after many years of separate rooms won't be a little bit inconvenient for you. Lol
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McMayor(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Especially newly married people. Especially woman when like to cling.

McTobe:
Bros no vex o are you married? If NO las las Na you go dey run that you need your own little space and wifey will be saying what you just posted...You are an African man after all
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Divay22(f): 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
McTobe:
Chai madam easy na, it’s just a thread. Those lines are harsh o. I understand you might be angry but take it easy Biko
He should just learn to mind his business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Husband Smashes Wooden Plank On His Wife's Head During Argument (PHOTO) / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / Nigerian Lady And Her Parents Dancing At Her Graduation In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.