Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? (43509 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by omoharry(f): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Bukden16:
Yes...
For a Snoring wife, dirty ,untidy, nagging and an unkept wife... I'll say yes a 100 times
sey the na nor see all these yeye qualities in her before saying I do ?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by luluman: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kylekent59:
After he paid huge for traditional marriage, paid bride price, still did white wedding.

He even pays for his wife bills, he also sends money to the wife's father and mother. He also pays for his wife's brother school fees and his wife's sister is currently in his house living with them.

His wife's sister is currently in year two and she comes stay with them every vacation. He even pays for her school fees, house rent and still gives her some cash in case of miscellaneous expenses.

He even opened a supermarket for the wife and still gives her #50k everyweek.

And someone comes here to ask if they should or shouldn't

please go back & read the post for a better understanding before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by sacx: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Marry someone you are friends and compatible with and this may not be necessary. I don't care about all the negative news of marriage flying over the place. I've seen models of fulfilling marriages that have lasted decades, and that is what I plan to replicate.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Hilaskee(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
For me no but in a situation where the husband does some of his work at home, it may be a distraction if they stay together. So the husband can have his room and the wife her own but may decide to be living together in one person's room.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Sweeetheart(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
why I'm marrying a lady with big booty was actually to support my sleeping trip.

she can have her own room because lady's are fond of loads but she can't sleep outside of my room
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Myer(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ishilove:
Different strokes for different folks. Whatever works for them.

You've nailed it, now let me crucify it.
Under normal circumstances, they should stay in the same room but different situations may arise;

-What if they're so successful they live in a mansion?
What if it's a matter of choice? Respect for each other's personal space?

In some situations it's a red flag but in another it's just a matter of choice.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Bukden16:
Yes...
For a Snoring wife, dirty ,untidy, nagging and an unkept wife... I'll say yes a 100 times

How can you even live with a dirty person & or consummate the marriage as husband & wife in the first place. Dirtiness shouldn't even be a reason here.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nothing wrong.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
attacker321:
Is it okay for a husband and wife to stay in separate rooms in the same house?

Some married couples operate like this and I am wondering why.

Let's discuss.
Arproko.

Who does that
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
attacker321:
Is it okay for a husband and wife to stay in separate rooms in the same house?

Some married couples operate like this and I am wondering why.

Let's discuss.

I don't really support the idea of separate rooms. When we were living in the two-room self contained and my wife said something like: "wait until we move into a building with many rooms where you will have your separate room". I was like: "do you really want separate rooms for you and me?". You know, she grew up knowing that just like me and many Nigerians.
Today, we're living in a three bedroom flat. Children in one room, we the parents in one room with 6 by 7 mouka matress while the remaining one is designated as dress changing room. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by omoharry(f): 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
Skybeach1:
This new yam generation sef. Stay in separate rooms , so that we have our privacy. Chat with our side chicks and enjoy social media groove. While our spouse is in the same building with us. We have bastardized the institution of marriage so much because of our selfish interest. Separate room is same as bachelorhood. One of the reasons for the 4000 divorce application in Abuja
is it per year or per month ? That number is alarming for only Abuja alone.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
peacettw:
Yaaaaaaasssss! Need you ask?

Been married for camel years and I can confidently say that having separate rooms is highly fundamental to the well being of the couple's mental state.

But many researches actually highlight many the benefits of couples sleeping together in one room.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Advancedman(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kylekent59:
After he paid huge for traditional marriage, paid bride price, still did white wedding.

He even pays for his wife bills, he also sends money to the wife's father and mother. He also pays for his wife's brother school fees and his wife's sister is currently in his house living with them.

His wife's sister is currently in year two and she comes stay with them every vacation. He even pays for her school fees, house rent and still gives her some cash in case of miscellaneous expenses.

You dey mad
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
I prefer separate rooms. The joy of knowing you have a quiet room to go back after meeting your husband is heavenly. But then, that's only possible if you're living in a duplex or mansion or house with many rooms.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Ay04z(m): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
YourCoffin:
With the recent news on wives stabbing their husbands in their sleep, it is advisable couples stay in different rooms, if possible different buildings
different building. grin. U re passed as a comedian.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nooil:
I prefer separate rooms. The joy of knowing you have a quiet room to go back after meeting your husband is heavenly. But then, that's only possible if you're living in a duplex or mansion or house with many rooms.

When you go back with joy to that your room, is to offer thanksgiving for a successful meeting ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fragility6:
Should husband and wife do this, should they do that blablabla... All diz popular opinion on marriage na anoda issue why marriage dey fail today. Marriage wasn't diz publicized years back

Because there were no many media outlets like these years back. These media platforms today are really helping people to learn, to be informed. We should appreciate it. Here, one can get best advices at free of charge and on top of that, staying anonymous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Bimpe29: 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
It's okay if either of them snores, other than snoring it's not.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by vickydankal(f): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Staying in separate rooms is not bad. If you are not married don’t be too quick to judge. I use to judge people who do that until my first 3 years marriage. I found out my husband was not having any space anymore, even though we had children’s room but usually the children will come to meet me at our own room. So gradually soap, socks, cream, drugs and other children item filled our room. My husband could hardly have some quiet time, think time or prayers alone without disturbance from us, not to talk of tampering with his books and documents.

It depends on the couple involved, for me my man’s sanity is more important to me than anything. We all have our rooms but after 9pm the children had gone to bed we could enjoy one room.

Separate or second room is not bad, it depends on the motive and goal .

11 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
PrinceGallant:
I prefer different rooms if possible.

Enough spaces allow breathing. Let me have my things under my control. Women likes coolers, many luggages, they can keep cooking pots inside wardrobes. They love loads both useless and useful loads too much.

Let her have her rooms and arrange it to her best wish, let me have my reading table and my bed alone. I hate too much loads

Lol. That problem can be solved the way I solved mine because I equally hate materials in the bedroom, it annoys me. Just have a separate room for all the stuff, hangers, cloth, wardrobe, shoes, creams, and every other things. The only two things in our bedroom are mattress and standing fan. Only those two, nothing else
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by eclectic90: 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kylekent59:

Only poor people like to choke themselves in the same room that they are doing husband and wife. People need their quiet time, both wife and husband. Spending time sometimes alone in your private space isn't a bad thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
BarrElChapo:

When you go back with joy to that your room, is to offer thanksgiving for a successful meeting ? grin grin

To daydream about the next one smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Kindda(m): 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
Nope, husband and wife should always be in same room and same bed it's a union.The Bible say" a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife" do how can he cleave to her if they stay in separate rooms?
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by sylve11: 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
James289:

Bed wetting wife..Yes

grin grin grin cool
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
Reference:

What if gou are married to an emergency room physician who can receive calls at any time. Within a week you will be pleading for your own room. In marraige it is best to approach issues of your partner with as much slack as possible, offering as much liberty as you can within the bounds of discipline and fidelity. Understanding is the key. Laws are usually precusors to problems when they are unreasonable, made without foresight and not settled in courtship.
I don’t mind even roll me over and do your job but don’t take away that intimacy of husband and wife that’s why many are like roommates with separate rooms .. make it a walk in closet office space sure but for you to spend time there me I dey crash sometimes too

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Never

Why share same room.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by peacettw: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
maasoap:

But many researches actually enlightened many the benefits of couples sleeping together in one room.

Name just one please.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by eleojo23: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
japhetizzer96:
Well,I simply believe that your menstrual period is not for both of us..it is yours and yours alone...stop telling me about it..Nigerian girls..if I talk now,you will hear "truly,you don't love me"...someone cannot have piece of mind without disgust..

Hello....(waving in his face)
Are you on the same page with us at all?

Are you responding to this topic or another one ?

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by maasoap(m): 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
McMayor:
We have been married for 9 years Plus.
We own a 3bed room.
We have 6years + daughter.
We have 2years + son.
Me i dont like children dramas(crying)
Me & her we had agreement our children would be grown to takecare of themselves(at least to put themselves to bed and wake up to use the rest room) before she can move back to my room.

I would like to know the wrongs in this

That's understandable. I just hope that sleeping in the same room together after many years of separate rooms won't be a little bit inconvenient for you. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Woman, 23 Stabs Female Neighbour For Mocking Her Over 65-year Old Hubby (pic) / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.