Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? (100788 Views)

Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos / World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match / Khadim Ndiaye Suffers Both Legs Break In Match (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Davash222:
Buhari and APC will claim this as one of their 'numerous' achievements.

I trust Garba Shehu and Lie Mohammed
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by voltron14: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
shogsman:

There is nothing Ike pals in boxing mate,Tyson just called Joshua our yesterday for a fight.

Don't be silly, there is a video of AJ talking to Fury and it was quite jocular.

That people are competitive doesnt make them enemies.

Learn to distinguish between the two.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/watch-tyson-fury-phone-heavyweight-21531934

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Osidazz19: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Davash222:

Lame ipob joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by yetunsbay(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
iyatrustee:
I still dont get this boxing thing.

Is Wilder getting paid too after all that beating he collected?
he can buy 9ja
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
I fear for AJ but anything can happen

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Reazest: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
iyatrustee:
I still dont get this boxing thing.

Is Wilder getting paid too after all that beating he collected?
Of course, Wilder will pocket huge money. billions of naira. infact Wilder being the WBC champion, he will earn than Fury.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
Josh44s:

Look at this f00l. To which world? The one your incumbent President has totally destroyed or another Nigeria.

He is a myopic dreamer
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by shogsman(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
voltron14:

You are grasping at straws.

Nigerians are entitled to a sense of belonging when a foreigner chooses to use their colours whilst competing.

This becomes even more appreciated when you find the foreigner is great friends with a Nigerian.

Joshua may carry a British passport but he identifies with his roots.

He has a tattoo on his shoulder to buttress this, he's spoken Yoruba to our hearing, he visits regularly and was once rumoured to be dating a Nigerian even if it never worked out.

Fury identifies one way or the other and your campaign to dampen the Nigerian euphoria or feeling of positivity would not fly.

Not wasting my time on you,you just proved my point,it is people like you that process American visa year after year like it’s your heaven,you got a pretty low self esteem if not you won’t need a foreigner to validate your country and the fact that if gives you a feeling of EUPHORIA shows how far your level of asslicking is.people like you are why this countries keep treating us like shit.no self respect whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by shogsman(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
voltron14:

Don't be silly, there is a video of AJ talking to Fury and it was quite jocular.

That people are competitive doesnt make them enemies.

Learn to distinguish between the two.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/watch-tyson-fury-phone-heavyweight-21531934
I believe you’re learned and you should know the difference between the timing,fury called him out yesterday and you’re digging up a video that was done like eons ago.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Sijo01(f): 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
PlayerMeji:
He was calling out Joshua!!

My thought exactly.
To think he was even bitting it. He's sending a message he's gonna chew AJ sad
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by salford1: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
To those wondering about who ducked who?

Please read Wilder's interview below:

A mega money three-fight deal from Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn was on the table.

But Wilder said no and the American insists it's not just about the money.

“I am not in the business of just trying to take some money because you see a number,” Wilder told the Daily Mail .

“That's not me. That's never been me. I look at the bigger picture. You sell me a number and I know there's going to be a bigger number than that.

“They saw a guy they thought they could throw some money at and that would be it but they found out the hard way.

“We came in serious and we were looking for serious answers and we didn't get them and for that reason we had to leave until a further time.”

“I’m betting on myself. I move as I please. Those guys, they have to do as they are told. I make commands and demands. They take them. That's the difference between me and them.

“I’m like the wild card in all this. I move where I want. I can move freely.
“Soon I will be the highest paid athlete in the world. If no one believes it, just watch. You'll see."

Wilder also spoke about a possible bout with Tyson Fury.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/deontay-wilder-explains-turned-down-14314500.amp

Dude rejected a $100m earning. He was counting his eggs before they were hatched. He wanted an equal amount with AJ even though AJ was bringing 3 major belt to the table compared to his 1.

Now the fight with Fury has come and gone, and all he is left with is a battered image and injury. If he ever gets to see a promoter that would offer him $5m, he better grab it as he is now about to experience a career drought since he is beltless.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by voltron14: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
shogsman:

Not wasting your time on you,you just proved my point,it is people like you that process American visa year after year like it’s your heaven,you got a pretty low self esteem if not you won’t need a foreigner to validate your country and the fact that if gives you a feeling of EUPHORIA shows how far your level of asslicking is.people like you are why this countries keep treating us like shit.no self respect whatsoever.

Shut up.

Everybody needs a boost and reinforcement of one's psyche and it can come from any quarter.

By the way, I'm not boasting but I am well travelled.

Worked in the states, Norway, UK, Canada, name it.

I work with a team of foreigners and I'm often the only black person in a team of over 70 people.

Nigerians are happy to associate with one who has chosen to associate with them.

Why this hurts you is actually a reflection of your inferiority.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Mannyxchange: 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
StephenBB:
He ordered it from Sagamu Juju Plc.

If you doubt...you can ask Anthony Joshua
loo
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
saajus:
I think you meant Jarrell Miller. It was Jarrell Miller that failed drug test. Luiz replaced him
I actually meant jarerrel. wilder's brother was the one who actually failed drug test, i mixed it up sorry...
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by festus2001: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by voltron14: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
shogsman:

I believe you’re learned and you should know the difference between the timing,fury called him out yesterday and you’re digging up a video that was done like eons ago.

I can bet you didnt watch the fight live.

At no point was Joshua mentioned at ringside.
Already, Eddie Hearn has said a rematch of Wilder vs Fury is more likely so from where are you getting your news?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by freemi(m): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
But why?
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by CaptainFM1: 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
My God.....Only if our leaders know how great this nation could be!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by shogsman(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
voltron14:

Shut up.

Everybody needs a boost and reinforcement of one's psyche and it can come from any quarter.

By the way, I'm not boasting but I am well travelled.

Worked in the states, Norway, UK, Canada, name it.

I work with a team of foreigners and I'm often the only black person in a team of over 70 people.

Nigerians are happy to associate with one who has chosen to associate with them.

Why this hurts you is actually a reflection of your inferiority.
‘You’re the only black person in a team of 70 people’
That explains why you as slick white people.
FYI my wife is white,even at that my self esteem is intact.
I got tons of white friends and they all respect me,if you ask them the reason why they do their answers will be the same,I AM AN AFRICAN MAN THAT DOES NOT NEED VALIDATION FROM ANY WHITE,HISPANIC OR BROWN person.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Glocal1: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
salford1:

If I remember Wilder was asking for 50-50. Hearn said a big NO. AJ draws the crowd not Wilder. The sharing formula that was offered could also potentially earn Wilder over $100m. He rejected (ducked) to fight Ortiz for $7m.

Now he would even struggle to earn up to $5m per fight since the WBC titled has been snatched from him.
You are very right bro.
Wilder has lost his opportunity of hitting a jackpot. He should kiss the WBC belt goodbye. Fury would never relinquish it to him again.

A. J. called out Fury Immediately after beating Klitchcho and promised to knock him out.
A. J. also offered to spar with Fury in preparation for Wilder's bout. I learnt they both sparred in the past and know each other's flaws.

Fury is only trying to identify with Nigeria and warm up to us. He needs not call out Joshua as they both know they will definitely fight each other someday.
Fury is fond of this, same way he beats Wilder in America, by warming up to them, and even promoting the bout better than Wilder on his home soil.

Aj would have to step up his game to match and surpass Fury.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Bryanobi: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
grin grin
OnpointDesign:
shocked shocked
Shiiiiiiit.

I knew that modafucker used jass to punch Wilder.

Cos if u see how tired and dejected Wilder looked in the 5th to 7th rounds en.

Only ogun could have handled such feat.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Bryanobi: 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
[color=#550000][/color] grin grin
Davash222:
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by abbey621(m): 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
shogsman:

Not wasting my time on you,you just proved my point,it is people like you that process American visa year after year like it’s your heaven,you got a pretty low self esteem if not you won’t need a foreigner to validate your country and the fact that if gives you a feeling of EUPHORIA shows how far your level of asslicking is.people like you are why this countries keep treating us like shit.no self respect whatsoever.

Stop embarassing yourself. Even Americans are awed when Asians and/or Africans wave American flags and shout USA. It has nothing to do with low self esteem, must everything be war with you Nigerians....GTFO!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by OnpointDesign(m): 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
friday2011:

See ur life outside, olodo,

Furry dey wait AJ, thats the meaning.

Ah ah. Finally. I con dey wonder why nobody don yab me today.
Like say no be nairaland be this again.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fury is an awkward fighter nd dat makes him gud. Boxing is science.not about muscles

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by voltron14: 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
shogsman:

‘You’re the only black person in a team of 70 people’
That explains why you as slick white people.
FYI my wife is white,even at that my self esteem is intact.
I got tons of white friends and they all respect me,if you ask them the reason why they do their answers will be the same,I AM AN AFRICAN MAN THAT DOES NOT NEED VALIDATION FROM ANY WHITE,HISPANIC OR BROWN person.

And you would be the first to have married a white woman abi?

My close Italian colleague often comes to me for various issues and sometimes I boost his confidence.

You may be married to a white woman but you surely suffer inferiority complex .

As I said earlier, not everyone comes with an agenda.

Your complex wouldn't let you see beyond that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by Kuginzi: 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Davash222:
Are u Buhari's spokesman?
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by salford1: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
Glocal1:
You are very right bro.
Wilder has lost his opportunity of hitting a jackpot. He should kiss the WBC belt goodbye. Fury would never relinquish it to him again.

A. J. called out Fury Immediately after beating Klitchcho and promised to knock him out.
A. J. also offered to spar with Fury in preparation for Wilder's bout. I learnt they both sparred in the past and know each other's flaws.

Fury is only trying to identify with Nigeria and warm up to us. He needs not call out Joshua as they both know they will definitely fight each other someday.
Fury is fond of this, same way he beats Wilder in America, by warming up to them, and even promoting the bout better than Wilder on his home soil.

Aj would have to step up his game to match and surpass Fury.
You are right. When they both fighters stepped into the ring last night, Fury got more support and cheers than Wilder on home tuff (Vegas). He is probably warming up to the hearts of Nigerians, especially Wilder's fan boys grin. He has given them a chest to cry into grin

Fury's following on instagram has gone up to 3.5million from around 2.6m in a space of 16 hours. Most likely Wilder fan's pitching their tents. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by MrFly(m): 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
AJ please avoid this man like a plague cos he is a beast!
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by voltron14: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
abbey621:

Stop embarassing yourself. Even Americans are awed when Asians and/or Africans wave American flags and shout USA. It has nothing to do with low self esteem, must everything be war with you Nigerians....GTFO!

I tire for the guy.

Everything is about hate, oppression, subterfuge.

He cannot understand how someone else might have pure intentions towards him or his kind.

This kind of thinking makes one despair.
Re: Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? by sencekompis: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Omo JUJU DEY YORUBA LAND OOOOOOOOO, make i japaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Lady Turns Super Eagles Jersey In Bum Shorts, Rocks It In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.