Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) (98158 Views)

Photo Of The Woman Who Died In A Car Accident While Chasing Her Cheating Husband / God Saved My Family From Explosion In Abule Ado,Lagos / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by anonimi: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2020
AfroBeatDiary:
The population of Lagos can be shed on neighbouring states assuming there is an effective and efficient transportation system like bullet train from Abeokuta, Ibadan and Ijebu Ode that can lead to many places within the nook and cranies of Lagos state, Lagos won't be this overcrowded!

Bullet train without bullet brains from full enrollment of children in schools providing quality education for creating new values and maintaining existing ones, is a recipe for disastrous waste and rottenness.
Why do you want that

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Ganjafama(m): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2020
Randy100:
Stupid title, does beauty saves people from dying. The world is not our home, don't be too comfortable. I refuse to cry.
You would cry if lost a loved one in that explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by 6digitscomrade: 8:14am On Mar 16, 2020
javijabor:

Try to read with an open mind next time...
i was shocked to read his response but again i realised I was reading an average Nigerian..
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by seniormallam(m): 8:14am On Mar 16, 2020
Octopusssy:
Somehow I doubt only 15 people lost their lives. I really doubt
They don't always count the abokis as human being that died.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by thorpido(m): 8:15am On Mar 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:
But I am reading a lot of Igbo names here.... Not to be insensitive..are you sure it's not a plot against we Igbo people?
Your thinking is the problem.Change your mindset.
Festac is densely populated with Igbos so it is expected.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 8:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Acidosis:

You have serious mental issues. You're indirectly insulting the Igbo tribe for dominating an area designated for pipeline?

And what do you have to say about the event at Abule-Egba? An attempt by the Yorubas to wipe out the Yorubas?

Bro take it easy....we are all emotional about this but the fact is that Abule Ado, Satellite town, Fin Niger, Omo onile (back of Trade Fair) n Festac are igbo dominated places.

5 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by seniormallam(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2020
potent5:
It shall not be well with anyone directly or remotely responsible for this catastrophe.
And it shall be well with those that built or rent apartment on or beside pipelines abi?

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by israelmao(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2020
Nigerian agencies that are concerned with enforcement of safety measures must begin to wedge the big stick on violators.This is quite pathetic and heartbreaking.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2020
Na wa oo which kind thing be this
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Ynkcares4all: 8:17am On Mar 16, 2020
RIP
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2020
What a tragedy. Sadly NO one will face the consequences for this. Nigeria is f**ked beyong repair

1 Like

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Shekochild: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2020
Nigerians and their ways of seeing things sucks... They bring tribalism into anything. Ethnocentrism, tribalism, religion extremists and corrupt individuals are the down fall of this country. Even if Nigeria break into 70 countries all these things will still prevail within the individual nations. This is a big problem in Africa especially in Nigeria...

5 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 8:18am On Mar 16, 2020
seniormallam:

And it shall be well with those that built or rent apartment on or beside pipelines abi?
help me tell am ooo, it's just like someone that build house under powerline
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by TheAviator: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2020
femtex007:
The guy is my friend's brother. I doubt if this incidence is truly gas explosion because it looks more of bomb blast. I pray their soul find peace.
Gas explosion has the same destructive power as bomb explosion, no difference.

7 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Incandescent(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2020
Smartchoiice:
But I am reading a lot of Igbo names here.... Not to be insensitive..are you sure it's not a plot against we Igbo people?

Ode carry your archaic mindset go one place

4 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2020
RapistOnBail:

It wasnt a Gas Explotion but a BOMB BLAST.

Don't Cry for the dead. embarassed

I also feel it was a bomb blast. NEMA reports state it was not a pipeline explosion. It's not too farfetched to believe that someone deliberately killed fellow human beings. It's Nigeria, after all.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2020
Ugo4hotish:

I bu ezigbo onye nzuzu..is it Nigeria that forced stupid people to leave near the pipeline....mechie onu gI Cownu brother
Lol...nna iwe n'ewe gi o!
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Bluffly: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2020
The Gas pipeline explosion is carelessness on the part of the government and all families involved should be compensated. Our pipelines are not periodically maintained. There depths to maintain in the ground as well but erosion as exposed most of them above the ground.
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Imarnuel08:
What a tragedy. Sadly NO one will face the consequences for this. Nigeria is f**ked beyong repair
is it Nigeria that said someone should build or rent house near powerline

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Incandescent(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
it either you are not mentally okay or you lack comprehension because am yet to see where he insulted Igbo in what he wrote

Because you are dumb.. Sorry
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Obiaksnews: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2020
Originally those areas were not meant to be inhabited, But trust Nigerians they will always encroach on lands that are not accessible to the public, this was one of the reasons residents of Takwa Bay were evicted also, because they are living in areas where pipe lines run through. it's truly a sad situation.
meezynetwork:
NNPC pipeline in residential area is a disaster about to happen

1 Like

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Octopusssy(f): 8:21am On Mar 16, 2020
chinchonglee:

they shuld be lying...
i counted more than 20 alone
Even 20 is a conservative estimate
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Nairalandmonika: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2020
Buhari has not made a single comment about this explosion, do we have president in this country at all

5 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 16, 2020
Gas explosion or bomb explosion? The police interviewed by channels was even struggling with how he could convince nigeriams and the journalist. Na so boko haram start and Jonathan said nigerians love their lives and can't afford to take their lives. Lagos govt must wake up now. That was gas explosion. Buildings, walls and roofs were chartered. That's bomb blast. All the houses would have got burnt instead, if it was gas explosion

3 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Babtee1010(m): 8:22am On Mar 16, 2020
Ugo4hotish:

I bu ezigbo onye nzuzu..is it Nigeria that forced stupid people to leave near the pipeline....mechie onu gI Cownu brother

What makes you think they are stupid people the country is not moving forward people need to survive and in a place where they can move freely to work and do business OK.
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by AfroBeatDiary: 8:22am On Mar 16, 2020
anonimi:

Bullet train without bullet brains from full enrollment of children in schools providing quality education for creating new values and maintaining existing ones, is a recipe for disastrous waste and rottenness.
Why do you want that

This is a similar video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kfHq4klrcw, the truth is we cannot develop while we still have our education sector like this, our security sector like this so perhaps we should forget about development till we're able to fix the foundation. Our secondary schools are breeding animals, cultists etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 8:25am On Mar 16, 2020
meezynetwork:
NNPC pipeline in residential area is a disaster about to happen

Nnpc pipeline in/on it's resident and people went to meet it.
we know this things but we as Nigerians would dare everything, small money dey worry us.
still this not a thing of joy. those people were our family directly or indirectly.
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2020
Last year, NNPC demolished strategic houses built on and around pipelines? guess what? these fellows bribed and some rebuilt these structures again. Now that this has happened people are trying to make it look like an attack on a tribe. There has been several warnings against people building structures in those areas.

I feel so sorry for those who lost lives and properties in the inferno, may God replenish that which they have lost and grant souls eternal rest.

5 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by chinchonglee(m): 8:26am On Mar 16, 2020
Octopusssy:

Even 20 is a conservative estimate
yea... dats because i left the scene. i couldnt bear seeing dead bodies.
Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Obiaksnews:
Originally those areas were not meant to be inhabited, But trust Nigerians they will always encroach on lands that are not accessible to the public, this was one of the reasons residents of Takwa Bay were evicted also, because they are living in areas where pipe lines run through. it's truly a sad situation.
says who? Didn't you see how far those buildings were from the nnpc pipeline? It was Bomb blast that took place there and I suspect terrorist attack. Look at the chartered buildings and walls. If it was pipeline explosion, those buildings wouldn't even have even been affected cos of distance and if affected , it would have got burnt instead of being chattered that way

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Vince77(m): 8:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Octopusssy:
Somehow I doubt only 15 people lost their lives. I really doubt

on my way out this morning a man was on the phone telling someone 211 people died. He said he was one of those who went for rescue.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:28am On Mar 16, 2020
This nation's approach to safety with respect to petroleum products is embarrassingly poor...

Is it that no one anticipated such an occurrence and took steps to forestall it, or preventive measures with respect to explosives and inflammables, is too much rocket science for the average African negro??!...

I am saddened and equally annoyed... This could have been anticipated and forestalled!!! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Effect Of Ice Cold Water During Pregnancy / How A Facebook Comment Crashed Her Marriage / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.