Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? (54092 Views)

What Are The Hopes For People Who Graduate Above 27 Years Of Age? / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DaCharis2016: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ojizy1:
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !
what's CPA?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

Job job job. Why do all of you look for jobs? Do you like being someone's slave toiling for leftovers? Go learn an online skill and find something to do. Get together with a group of friends and look for a farm to plant. So many things to do apart from job. Jobs are soul destroyers.

Tell you what, find the book by Robert Kiyosaki "Rich Dad, Poor Dad"; read it and apply what you read. Thank me later.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AmDayo: 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
DenreleDave:

U r the cause of ur issue.. University by force

2012 uni didn't work, I did part time ND straight...

Hnd 2016 b4 direct entry worked.. Now ama BSc holder... Even though I didn't finish hnd

Start from sumtin

Have never wanted to go to university cause it's a straight 5years non stop course.
I always preferred polytechnic cause, after my ND I will be able to work and be prudent in saving,for me to go for HND.

I graduated from secondary school year 2011...but one issue or another most especially money and admission at times,even after passing the required benchmark.

I just pray I get a job now so that I can save and pay my dues if given admission. Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Tchange1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

Our differences is I did PT and had been in labour market before age 19.

My advise to you is be smart. LinkedIn should help. Make friends with people who can help.

Add God. I pray that your first job shouldn't be contract because I hate that word" Contract ".

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by henzy4life: 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ay04z:
No wonder every parent dey rush there Pikin to enter higher institution by age 14. grin
I dey tell u
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by ChristineC: 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
bro people have graduated since 2010 and have no proper jobs till date in Nigeria.
IF you can, volunteer to learn a skill and while at it, keep finding ways to LEAVE THAT COUNTRY AT ONCE.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AmDayo: 11:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
OluwasureGig:

bro unless it's abroad, don't bother going to school.

Sir can you show me other legit way to alleviate myself from this abject poverty.
I never mean school is a way to alleviate poverty but....

Thank you sir
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by juwoonn(m): 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

Bros, Me that graduated at age 23, I'm 35 now... I still never get job. No be by age for naija.
But I thank God; now I earn averagely around N350,000 per month from fiverr alone.. and I still get side income from amazon kindle and some offline business.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by OlawaleBammie: 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ay04z:
go ur service first. While doing it. U can ghost it. And continue Your husle. Or learn one quality it skill. Na those better job go dey rush u
Abeg which better IT skill pesin fit learn
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by clovislouis(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
juwoonn:

Bros, Me that graduated at age 23, I'm 35 now... I still never get job. No be by age for naija.
But I thank God; now I earn averagely around N350,000 per month from fiverr alone.. and I still get side income from amazon kindle and some offline business.
pls teach me
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Akpaamunsi: 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
clovislouis:
pls teach me

Be careful of audio claims on Nairaland wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Roman7(m): 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Go n buy lapee.......u know what next to do

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by OlawaleBammie: 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dangrace01:

Yeh I'm entering 31 this year oh my God
One major reason I don't celebrate birthday

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Roman7(m): 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
juwoonn:

Interesting.......i'd love to learn
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DaCharis2016: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
juwoonn:

pls coach me... I'm considering learning a digital marketing through an agency with 300k or learning on udemy almost free and don't know which platform is the best.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Mrquote: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Joel4u:
Apply to Tek-experts. You must be willing to reside in Lagos to work from their site. They do not care about how old you are. Just be smart, IT savvy, have the right attitude with good soft skills and you are on you way to enjoying a career in IT. They provide exceptional training for all staff.
Hey pls could u share some guideline on how to get a job on Tek-expert, is always difficult for me to get a work on job board
Thanks
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
goan keep ur certificate somewhere and start hustling like u never attend any,school.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by OlawaleBammie: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
davidtemi:
i graduated exactly 10yrs ago and till now na grace grace up and down. Abeg naija will make u even offend ur God. 30yrs old person should not bother to search for job again abeg.
From experience
u dey make me dey laf bro

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Dangrace01: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
MT:
You are the only person that can limit yourself. The world looks for problem solver. If you can distinguish yourself in your chosen trade, the world will open up to you. Who says you have to work in Nigeria; you can be in Nigeria and be working remotely abroad, enjoying the two worlds. It all depends on the value you place on yourself.

I realized this later on. How I wish I knew about this a long time ago.

To be wealthy in life you must make a name for yourself.

That's d difference between burnaboy, Dangote, 2face, Wizkid and we all. No one in the world offers what they offer so it's automatic riches pour in.

The ground is too crowded but there's a lot of space in the sky. The issue is are you bold enough to make a name.

I sell cars on nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by benn94(m): 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ojizy1:
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !
what is CPA marketing all about or should I send you a mail let's communicate.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by NEROSKY(m): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2020
bluefilm:
Stop looking for who will employ you.

Start looking for how to create your own (job) opportunities.

So that...

You will start looking for who to employ!

See how easy it sounds from ur typing fingers
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by NEROSKY(m): 12:04am On Mar 18, 2020
Las Las yahoo go win him over

This country is the worst anyone could think to be. Create your own business and see how government will start frustrating you. (first hand experience) cry

God please never allow me to raise any of my children here amen.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by dynigoche: 12:07am On Mar 18, 2020
God will help us all my brother, I am in the same problem too. i am currently 35yrs old, a graduate of Accounting from ABU, Zaria with 2nd Class upper. this is my 10th year after graduation and still trusting God for a better job. I even went and trained as an Auditor in an Auditing firm (which made me to be very good at preparing Financial statements, P&L and keeping of Accounting records (even accounting Packages) etc but up till now we are still waiting on God & sending C.V up and down.
Dont worry brother God will do it for us one day. ... if at this stage, i have not given up.. pls my brother dont give up

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Divay22(f): 12:16am On Mar 18, 2020
Churchill6767:

Na so
Hahahahahahahahahah
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by melbourne10: 12:34am On Mar 18, 2020
My brother at 30 you have a lot of opportunities. Don't let anybody discourage you. Going by the retirement age in Nigeria,you still have solid 30 years to work,that if you choose to work upto that age.
It is God who determines the fortune of men and the wealth of nations,so you never can tell when God will bless you but don't be discouraged.
We are all heading to a particular destination,some will fly,run,walk,crawl but at the end of the day we are all heading to one place.
The first house on a street is not the most beautiful. Just pray for God's grace and you get there.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Lugianostar(m): 12:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Are you born again? If yes then Grace is abound to be favored in everything.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by hush15: 12:44am On Mar 18, 2020
hothuntee:

If you have some money to invest in yourself, then go for ICAN and if you have more, add MBA and leave the graduate job category. Be ready to do any marketing job at least for a year to pass as work experience.

I am disappointed in nairalanders and their wicked advices. He is in his timeline and can be lifted without even doing any of the aforementioned

The first reasonable comment so far. Like you said, don't lose hope, keep investing in yourself and be open to opportunities. Even if you 40, there is no time God cannot do his wonders. If you can, do some professional trainings and keep believing cos there is hope.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by EUGENE4GOO(m): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2020
MyphoneandI:

Go into affiliate marketing, or some legit online business. Bros money dey am o.

Remember, na wetin u look troway face naim men dey take blow

I want to know more about it.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Sluacoast(m): 1:07am On Mar 18, 2020
Muhylonaire:
Mhen it's not easy o... Dem never start to dey pressure you say when you wan marry join?
I'm fucking scared of that age bracket(30). Not there yet. I pray I'm OK, I mean very very OK before I turn that age...
Na my own prayer sef be that. I no fit lie you
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by holysaint1(m): 1:10am On Mar 18, 2020
dynigoche:
God will help us all my brother, I am in the same problem too. i am currently 35yrs old, a graduate of Accounting from ABU, Zaria with 2nd Class upper. this is my 10th year after graduation and still trusting God for a better job. I even went and trained as an Auditor in an Auditing firm (which made me to be very good at preparing Financial statements, P&L and keeping of Accounting records (even accounting Packages) etc but up till now we are still waiting on God & sending C.V up and down.
Dont worry brother God will do it for us one day. ... if at this stage, i have not given up.. pls my brother dont give up

Do you reside in Lagos or still in zaria ? Cause I believe that in places like port Harcourt or Lagos, you should have more prospects for job offers especially for someone in your field.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Bianda24: 1:16am On Mar 18, 2020
Pray for grace and favour. Those are all you need in this country.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by steve11215(m): 1:17am On Mar 18, 2020
Guy just be honest with your age..... there 're many companies that need you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Else Got The GLO Aptitude Test Invite? / Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.