Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? (54220 Views)

What Are The Hopes For People Who Graduate Above 27 Years Of Age? / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by IghravweIG(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2020
juwoonn:

Good morning bro,
Learn any IT related skill such as web design, app development, animation, digital marketing or sales copywriting.
That's where the gold is. Then set up your gigs, buy a few reviews and stay online to reply clients as quick as possible.
You can search through the business section of nairaland...there are helpful topics there. That was where I started from... Although fiverr is has become more competitive and a little more difficult for beginners than before.
Bro is Digital Marketing the same as CPA Marketing? I want to learn biko.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by IghravweIG(m): 7:44am On Mar 18, 2020
MyphoneandI:

Go into affiliate marketing, or some legit online business. Bros money dey am o.

Remember, na wetin u look troway face naim men dey take blow
Bro how person go take learn that affiliate Marketing?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by juwoonn(m): 7:50am On Mar 18, 2020
IghravweIG:

Bro is Digital Marketing the same as CPA Marketing? I want to learn biko.
CPA is not digital marketing but you must understand digital marketing to be successful with CPA.
CPA is cost per action.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by TheBlessedHero: 7:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Please after learning IT like web development and AI, how do one make money from it? Won't one still be looking for customer that need ones' service?
If so, how do one get a customer

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Sadteen: 7:58am On Mar 18, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. It's not your fault though. The Universities have limited spaces, jamb registers about a million each year, half of that barely makes it in.

If you are from a family that relies on minimum wage, or a struggling biz, you can't get into private universities.

So by the time to manage to cross that finish line you are in a new generation with a new trend. The new trend of graduate trainee and internship with a ceiling of 26 years for most.

Lest we talk about the poor remuneration if you are fortunate to even get a job.

No startup from the Government, NYSC doesn't add any value, no savings, no help. It can be frustrating.

At 30, you have already lived half of the life expectancy for a Nigerian.

It's a tough one Bro, failure of leadership is the reason for this. Nigeria has so much regressed.

Your solution: Grace. I know people will say those clichés "learn a skill" "start a biz" don't be deceived, I know people without skills doing fine, I also know people who work for others and earn very well.

While you need to put yourself out there, you need Grace more than anything.

@chrismexzie listen to this advice at your peril!
Why isn't this GRACE finding Nigerians that are very dependent on it. Nigerians always talking about grace this, grace that, but are some of the poorest and most unemployed people in the world. So tell me who is this grace finding oh lemme guess, children of the elite and the very brainy ones who graduated top of their class?

As cliché as you may think the advice is, it is actually more pragmatic than the one you are giving him. Your advice is the reason why a lot of Nigerians are living on false hope; hoping that one day Grace will find them, which in most cases it never does. It's like playing the lottery and hoping on winning jackpot! Of course there are people who win but that number is insignificant compared to the population of people without jobs

@Op learning a skill is the best thing any one can do for himself in this century as the labor market is very competitive and saturated with degree holders. The harsh Truth is that you studied a course that isn't in demand and only acquired soft skills which don't sell in this modern world.

My advice; dedicate the next 3-6 months of your life to learning a skill that is in demand. You seem like a bright person so I believe you will do just fine. Invest in yourself.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by davidtemi(m): 8:03am On Mar 18, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

u dey make me dey laf bro
that's the thing o bro, make we just laff off our problems
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2020
akpunda86:

I need chinese visa or italian.now now
So that you'll contract coronavirus shey
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by hush15: 8:09am On Mar 18, 2020
holysaint1:

Now "investing in ones self" can be from either the educational aspect or the business aspect.

Now he studied biz admin. And not one of those professional courses like doctor or law.

A graduate of Biz admin should, at least, be knowledgeable about some of the happenings in the business world.

Now, for me, investing in himself if he has the money should entail him opening a business he can manage and grow. As this is the safest and most assured way of financial freedom in this part of the world.

He can still invest in himself educationally, since he studied biz admin, he can do masters, all those professional bodies. CITN, NIM, ICAN. He can go on line like LINKD to network. he can take up some IT courses to enhance is Biz admin certificate and he shouldn't stop applying. He might not get top notch but I believe he will get something and can start building his career from there. There are several training online and offline he can engage in. As long as he can prove that he is knowledgeable, he will get a good job. Civil service is there too so let's stop saying because he is 30 and above, there is no hope of getting a good job.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by MrToothBrush: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2020
donbabajay:

Got a job at 30. My retirement PFA funds is at 2.5M today. Don’t ask about my salary. It’s not small. I’m 35 now. So what’s the big deal?
well I made my assumption based on state salary.

If one gets employed at the age of 24 or 25 the retirement funds is always higher than getting employed at 30. This is because you will have more years in service.

The truth is things have changed. You can count more than 7 people amongst 10 individuals who are over 30 and unemployed. I am also currently unemployed and close to 30.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by IghravweIG(m): 8:13am On Mar 18, 2020
juwoonn:

CPA is not digital marketing but you must understand digital marketing to be successful with CPA.
CPA is cost per action.
Thanks bro.
Do you teach? Digital marketing I mean.

I'm willing to learn.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by rhames(m): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

Opportunities available to you are as follows:

Technology
Agriculture
Trade
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2020
Dreyton36:
If you ain't got no connection set up for I.T skill
Or you just get some cash and exit the country ,
Email me for your sure visas to any country of your choice
Help yourself to leave the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by babyfaceafrica: 9:07am On Mar 18, 2020
MrToothBrush:
well I made my assumption based on state salary.

If one gets employed at the age of 24 or 25 the retirement funds is always higher than getting employed at 30. This is because you will have more years in service.

The truth is things have changed. You can count more than 7 people amongst 10 individuals who are over 30 and unemployed. I am also currently unemployed and close to 30.

Unemployment is not by age, even 23, 24 never see job.... Even when those big companies favour them.. This job of a thing get as he be.. All I will say is whichever age bracket u are.. Learn new skills to boost ur chances

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by TheBlessedHero: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2020
How do one get customers for web development, I'm not talking about teaching other people, because most "skillful in IT" now are only getting money from their skills through teaching/tutoring. I mean, who and where will one get customers to buy ones' IT skills?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by holysaint1(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2020
hush15:

He can still invest in himself educationally, since he studied biz admin, he can do masters, all those professional bodies. CITN, NIM, ICAN. He can go on line like LINKD to network. he can take up some IT courses to enhance is Biz admin certificate and he shouldn't stop applying. He might not get top notch but I believe he will get something and can start building his career from there. There are several training online and offline he can engage in. As long as he can prove that he is knowledgeable, he will get a good job. Civil service is there too so let's stop saying because he is 30 and above, there is no hope of getting a good job.

Mind you, I emphasized on the quoted line "investing in ones self". All these courses you are advising him to take now, after taking those courses, is there any job awaiting him out there ? Or he still has to put all his hope in Gods hands after spending all he has acquiring those knowledge.

I don't know why we prefer living our lives in the realm of uncertainty.

Please note that, I am not of the opinion that he shouldn't further his education "if the funds are readily available", but trying to choose between business and further studies, for me, is not ideal or advisable. For any graduate without sponsor, to further his studies (when it's not a professional course like law, lecturer, doctors etc) at this age and stage, might be doing it for the love of education.

Because he can simply start up something for him/her self and nurture it to the height he desires.

I am not saying it's a no brainer, just that you can get more out of your limited resource (money) from doing a business or two.

At the end of the day, like the cliche goes "different strokes for different folks".
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Zephy: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2020
This kind of anxiety is not unusual my brother,

first thing is to consult God for direction. This is key.

Secondly, don't ask people on nairaland to advise u.

Thirdly, be determined to force your self in front of the game, it's actually tough I must say.

Finally, be ready to make timely adjustments and re-strategise.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by HowDareU: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2020
What you study in school does not matter. Even if you study Urhobo, Igbo or Yoruba, with a 6 months IT skill, you can still work in Tek Expert. Go to tekexpert.com and apply. Age is not a barrier too or go to 17A Ozumba Ubadiwe V.I., Lagos and enquire. . . Now, I have rendered an assistant, please do the same for me. Go to www.securitymattersafrica.com and follow my blog. I need as much followers as possible. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Openatyn(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2020
Sharply learn trade or skills, from 27 yrs you begin to suffer meeting up job-age criteria or barrier.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Openatyn(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2020
Sharply learn trade or skills, from 27 yrs you begin to suffer meeting up job-age criteria or barrier, and dont ever try to falsify age as your bvn, nimc card and o'level result might expose you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by runs360: 10:02am On Mar 18, 2020
cry
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. It's not your fault though. The Universities have limited spaces, jamb registers about a million each year, half of that barely makes it in.

If you are from a family that relies on minimum wage, or a struggling biz, you can't get into private universities.

So by the time to manage to cross that finish line you are in a new generation with a new trend. The new trend of graduate trainee and internship with a ceiling of 26 years for most.

Lest we talk about the poor remuneration if you are fortunate to even get a job.

No startup from the Government, NYSC doesn't add any value, no savings, no help. It can be frustrating.

At 30, you have already lived half of the life expectancy for a Nigerian.

It's a tough one Bro, failure of leadership is the reason for this. Nigeria has so much regressed.

Your solution: Grace. I know people will say those clichés "learn a skill" "start a biz" don't be deceived, I know people without skills doing fine, I also know people who work for others and earn very well.

While you need to put yourself out there, you need Grace more than anything.
Thanks bro
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Imoksp(m): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2020
Good morning bro,
Learn any IT related skill such as web design, app development, animation, digital marketing or sales copywriting.
That's where the gold is. Then set up your gigs, buy a few reviews and stay online to reply clients as quick as possible.
You can search through the business section of nairaland...there are helpful topics there. That was where I started from... Although fiverr has become more competitive and a little more difficult for beginners than before.

Ok. I am a certificate in digital marketing from Google. But don't know how to set up my gigs on fiverr and buy reviews.please enlighten me.

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Jokovic1(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

Apart from Jesus doing it supernaturally

you can try entrepreneurship.

although getting a job is not really the problem . Can you take a salary of 7k monthly?

that's the problem !
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by hush15: 10:39am On Mar 18, 2020
holysaint1:

Mind you, I emphasized on the quoted line "investing in ones self". All these courses you are advising him to take now, after taking those courses, is there any job awaiting him out there ? Or he still has to put all his hope in Gods hands after spending all he has acquiring those knowledge.

I don't know why we prefer living our lives in the realm of uncertainty.

Please note that, I am not of the opinion that he shouldn't further his education "if the funds are readily available", but trying to choose between business and further studies, for me, is not ideal or advisable. For any graduate without sponsor, to further his studies (when it's not a professional course like law, lecturer, doctors etc) at this age and stage, might be doing it for the love of education.

Because he can simply start up something for him/her self and nurture it to the height he desires.

I am not saying it's a no brainer, just that you can get more out of your limited resource (money) from doing a business or two.

At the end of the day, like the cliche goes "different strokes for different folks".

Brotherly, am not sayin he can't start something too. Am also saying he can still get jobs if he presents the pre-requisite qualifications. Attleast, he will get a shot at it. Neway, I don't want to argue or prove cos there is nothin to argue and prove. If you think being 30 and just graduating won't get you anything except being on your own, well good luck to you but I me I also know people who are 40 and just starting their career and they are doing well. Infact, the rate at which they are even rising sef beats me and that's my stance. I don't need anybody to come insult me on my own convictions. It's a question of what are you bringing to the table. If they need you, they will pay you. So it's you that will go grow yourself since you past that automatic phase.

At OP, remember, when others say there is a casting down, always declare there is a lifting up. Don't join bandwagons o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Wannabenz: 10:58am On Mar 18, 2020
Bro...enter Ghana and learn Yahoo Yahoo,there's no job here that will pay you more than $500 Amazon card monthly.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by loswhite(m): 11:00am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

No hope just kill ur self...lol
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by whizbee(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2020
Joel4u:
Apply to Tek-experts. You must be willing to reside in Lagos to work from their site. They do not care about how old you are. Just be smart, IT savvy, have the right attitude with good soft skills and you are on you way to enjoying a career in IT. They provide exceptional training for all staff.

Totally Valid
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
davidtemi:
no be only govt job. Govt wey dey require 25yrs abi which one. Better go start Business b4 it's over late
ode, am a government worker, i only have exemption certificate. What really happen to u is that u never move out to see people.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
TheBlessedHero:
How do one get customers for web development, I'm not talking about teaching other people, because most "skillful in IT" now are only getting money from their skills through teaching/tutoring. I mean, who and where will one get customers to buy ones' IT skills?
Remote jobs or freelance. But those skillful people ain't really skillful. Web development is way more than WordPress.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by davidtemi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
dancok:
ode, am a government worker, i only have exemption certificate. What really happen to u is that u never move out to see people.
I can see u r a stupid fool for calling somebody u dnt know "ode" over d internet. I just wonder wat could cause dat. Idiot learn to address someone better ok. Especially over the internet

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by holysaint1(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
hush15:

Brotherly, am not sayin he can't start something too. Am also saying he can still get jobs if he presents the pre-requisite qualifications. Attleast, he will get a shot at it. Neway, I don't want to argue or prove cos there is nothin to argue and prove. If you think being 30 and just graduating won't get you anything except being on your own, well good luck to you but I me I also know people who are 40 and just starting their career and they are doing well. Infact, the rate at which they are even rising sef beats me and that's my stance. I don't need anybody to come insult me on my own convictions. It's a question of what are you bringing to the table. If they need you, they will pay you. So it's you that will go grow yourself since you past that automatic phase.

At OP, remember, when others say there is a casting down, always declare there is a lifting up. Don't join bandwagons o

You are quite right regarding your stance. Hence my cliche "different strokes for different folks".

Just that I prefer to own the bar rather than buying a drink from the bar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions) / Nigeria Customs Service 2012/2013 Recruiment Updates / Who Else Got The GLO Aptitude Test Invite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.