Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring (20627 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? / My Love Life Is Boring!! I Need A Man!!! / Sllow Bobo And Chiamaka Aliba's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Magnoliaa:

That's... for those who do it because it's trendy, what others are doing. To join the bandwagon. There is a true liberation. But at the same time, I agree with you, as there are so many things out there that gives an illusion of freedom.

Lol. Maybe hoping hers will be different. Or the guy will be different for her. Or things will just fall in place without any effort.
She just assume the guy is in for the same thing. Where she got the idea from baffles me. I can't understand it.

But what do I know.

Someone who is truly liberated would have enough self control not to sleep around and enter any yeye dead end relationship. The more people you sleep with, the harder it is to bond with anymore. You also have the mingling of spirits, the brokenness of mind and body.

This applies to male and female.

Which is why I am a fan of early fruitful relationships or steering clear of sexual relationships altogether.

Some of the guys are sweet tongued and the girls do not want to listen to reason or are chasing the glittering things of this world.

5 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
@Romanoff:

Welldone. tongue

I award you the most quoted moniker on this thread. cheesy smiley

Invite us to your wedding o! kiss
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by pryme(m): 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Chi59:

Unku, i'm not claiming to be ahead of anyone. I just hold to a school of thought that reasons that it's impractical to be in a romantic relationship and at the same time have an intimate platonic friendship with someone of the opposite sex, who isn't your boyfriend or girlfriend.

Hanty, you dont have to claim the obvious, its just what it is.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by DeRay98(m): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:

1. Thank you, I do not buy into the deception of opposite sex 'besties'. Can you define what having a life means?

2. Let's talk: what is the use of a male bestie for a lady who has a boyfriend? What is the place of the boyfriend? What is the place of the bestie?

3. We can flip it to 'why should she end a relationship for friendship that can end tomorrow?' Remember in my disclaimer, I am not talking of casual relationships.

4. What if your woman suddenly finds herself in a new crowd because she moved to a new environment or picked a new elective?

5. & 6. Until humans start moulding their spouses, there will always be something you don't like when you move closer or something they develop you have to nip in the bud. I call it a perfect template that needs tweaking once in a while.

Hope you found the tread useful.

Modified:

I see you updated your post.

The point of the thread is to enlighten younger girls to understand what boring is not.

I hear and see it all the time and when I ask why, they begin to list qualities that should make a guy a hot catch.

Don't waste your energy trying to educate further of convince Romanoff.
Your piece is explicit enough for those willing to learn and know.
Her type is the ITK, who 'll deliberately explore what she knows has the capacity to derail her but she'll pretend until she ends up there only to resort to pointing fingers elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Exactly. Nothing beats sharing your problems and frustrations with the person you're dating. If the sex is not satisfying, you tell him - because you have no one else. If you're not comfortable with a thing, you go to him/her and sort it out.

In the best, happy times, you share it together. And in low moments too, he knows about it. Complete transparency.

exactly..its better u share ur frustrations with your man than with a random dude under the illusion of bestie.just imagine a girl telling me her boyfriend cant satisfy her cos she regards me as bestie what then does she expect me to do? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:

There is a difference between male friends or buddies and male besties. The post talked of male besties.

And I tell you that even after you pick someone with same values (the template) you will still tweak once in a while. Humans change, nobody is static.
u exactly correct..there is a difference b/w having male buddies and besties.besties are male friends u tell about ur relationships and even letting them knwo about ur intimate moments.when ur boyfriend offends u then u go to their shoulder to cry on and they pet u and one thing leads to another thing cheesy
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by biz2get(m): 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Jara
Any man who is fine with everything you do or doesn't have a contrary opinion is either with you for the short term therefore not willing to invest in you OR pretending and waiting till after marriage to show his true colours

A lady below 30 CAN NOT understand this line....

they think excitement/free hand is love , but that is when they will get heart broken.

4 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by DeRay98(m): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
You described me 99%...fun seeking ladies took me for a boring person who is too serious with everything I did or do...

[quote author=bukatyne post=88098164]Good evening my people, how quarantine? sad

This thread is primarily for young ladies in their late teens to early twenties who are in serious relationships.

Disclaimer:
1. This thread is suited for ladies who want to date/sleep with as little men as possible before marriage. If you are in a relationship for a 'good' or 'fun' time, you don't need this thread as you will naturally gravitate towards men/boys who can provide the 'excitement.'

2. This thread is not claiming that serious minded guys/men are not 'exciting.' They can and do provide excitement in their own way.

3. I am a firm believer of young girls finding a young husband material as quickly as possible. I call it investing your youth in a husband material. I am not a fan of huge age gaps; I rather the young catch the young. cool. Bar exceptions, I not think building a career and a relationship/marriage cannot go hand in hand.

To the thread proper:

I see a number of young ladies call a serious young man 'boring' because he is not into the fast life. He is more grounded, focused on things that betters the future of you too such as education, mental capacity, emotional development etc. He is that guy that would invite you for a career fair or marriage seminar. He doesn't care about the 'get together' happening in the house of the Yahoo guy that just hammered nor is he interested in clubbing everyday.

He is not seeking for a girl he just wants to sleep with; he has seen you as a wife material he wants to groom to be the best version of yourself. He is the guy that would rather help you with your coursework.

He is seen as boring because he is principled and expects same from you. He is not going to give you drama and would not expect drama from you either. Cheating, collecting contacts from guys, double-dating, hanging out with questionable friends, claiming bestie with guys etc. He expects loyalty and faithfulness. He is not a 'I am just passing or marking my own' guy so he needs you really invested in the relationship. This characteristic of principle is sometimes mistaken for 'strictness' or 'rigidity.'

He would most likely not be the fun seeking type. This doesn't mean you both cannot create the type of entertainment suited to you. He might suggest going for a book fair or GT Bank Food Fair over visiting the new club opening. If you want to dance, get music and dance together. His priorities would also be different; he would pick an future enhancing activity over fluff if he has to choose.

And nope, he is not going to accept the version of yourself you bring to the table just like that. He will encourage and require you to finetune it. He might point out some stuffs about you he doesn't like; your dressing, makeup, hair do, carriage, attitude to classes, interests,friends etc. He is not the anything goes guy because he is invested in your future and naturally wants to protect his interests.

He would be protective of you so don't be surprised if he doesn't want you mixing with a particular crowd or wearing certain clothes or conducting yourself in a certain way. He is not trying to stifle you or keep you from enjoying life; he just wants his woman to be the best version of herself for him.

Hmmmmmmm, sex; he might have enough self-control to abstain, he might not. If it happens, the sex is going to be with care. Even if he wants to be a ruff rider, it would still be with the consciousness that this is my baby till the end. The way you use aso ebi for one time is different from the way you use lace kept at the bottom of the box.

Jara:

Any man who is fine with everything you do or doesn't have a contrary opinion is either with you for the short term therefore not willing to invest in you OR pretending and waiting till after marriage to show his true colours.

Hence the popular 'men change in marriage'.

I hope this would be very useful to a baby girl about to 'end' that relationship because the bobo is boring or 'not a happening guy.'[/quote]
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Romanoff(f): 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
DeRay98:

Don't waste your energy trying to educate further of convince Romanoff.
Your piece is explicit enough for those willing to learn and know.
Her type is the ITK, who 'll deliberately explore what she knows has the capacity to derail her but she'll pretend until she ends up there only to resort to pointing fingers elsewhere.

Na you gan gan be ITK. You done psycho analyse person wey you no know. Shrink general of the federation.

Carry on o.

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Romanoff(f): 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:
@Romanoff:

Welldone. tongue

I award you the most quoted moniker on this thread. cheesy smiley

Invite us to your wedding o! kiss

My dear sis, I stand on what I believe in till I have course to change my beliefs, none of the men here have been able to shift my beliefs.

I'll look out for more of your posts, you're very civil.

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by poik(m): 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
Romanoff:

Are you saying that every man that is friends with a woman is going to sleep with her? I've had male friends that I could talk to about my relationship to get a man's perspective on things. I have male friends who are my movie friends or male friends who are my friends from school, mostly post graduate school. I have male friends from church who are even married and they help me pray and grow, especially now that my wedding is coming up.

A friendship can't just end tomorrow, you know this too. I'm sure you still have friends from your primary and secondary schools. Why haven't they ended?

A wise woman selects her crowd. If you have to keep pushing her to make better choices about the crowd she moves with, it's either she's not ready for where you're going, so look for another woman or that kind of crowd is exactly what she likes.

Choose someone who shares the same values as you do. Only God is the potter that can mould man. I've Seen people who try to "mould" their spouses into who they are not regret it terribly.

Pick someone whose values aligns with yours and who you can live with bases on their character or flaws, not based on how you would like them to be.

I honestly dont buy this male bestie thing. I don't.
Cheating is not just sex. The loyalty will be divided. There would be things the husband will not know about his wife and the best friend would. What kind of thing is that?

But then i agree with the part of move with your crowd. If someone i want to marry has a male bestie, and i talk about it to no avail, that ends it.

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by poik(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
Romanoff:

Are you saying that every man that is friends with a woman is going to sleep with her? I've had male friends that I could talk to about my relationship to get a man's perspective on things. I have male friends who are my movie friends or male friends who are my friends from school, mostly post graduate school. I have male friends from church who are even married and they help me pray and grow, especially now that my wedding is coming up.

A friendship can't just end tomorrow, you know this too. I'm sure you still have friends from your primary and secondary schools. Why haven't they ended?

A wise woman selects her crowd. If you have to keep pushing her to make better choices about the crowd she moves with, it's either she's not ready for where you're going, so look for another woman or that kind of crowd is exactly what she likes.

Choose someone who shares the same values as you do. Only God is the potter that can mould man. I've Seen people who try to "mould" their spouses into who they are not regret it terribly.

Pick someone whose values aligns with yours and who you can live with bases on their character or flaws, not based on how you would like them to be.

Nine and a half times out of ten, a man and a woman who get close will roll in the hay. Its biology. People just like an atmosphere of absolute freedom to chase wiles that have hooks calling it fun.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Toxay(m): 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Paxie55:

Please, shut up.
You don't just see someone on the net and draw out a baseless conclusion. I'm even into boring guys more. I have my man well reserved. All I'm saying is that she's on this habit of always telling women how to live their lives for nitwits and dumb idiots as if her life is perfect.

For someone who promote marital rape,any other thing she says is not surprising and I think it's pointless to reply, just enjoy the reading.

Besides you come off a little violent ( I know you are not) and that scares people who don't subscribe to your beliefs and they won't even access or analyse your writing but rather attack you immediately because they feel threatened

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:
Good evening my people, how quarantine? sad

This thread is primarily for young ladies in their late teens to early twenties who are in serious relationships.

Disclaimer:
1. This thread is suited for ladies who want to date/sleep with as little men as possible before marriage. If you are in a relationship for a 'good' or 'fun' time, you don't need this thread as you will naturally gravitate towards men/boys who can provide the 'excitement.'

2. This thread is not claiming that serious minded guys/men are not 'exciting.' They can and do provide excitement in their own way.

3. I am a firm believer of young girls finding a young husband material as quickly as possible. I call it investing your youth in a husband material. I am not a fan of huge age gaps; I rather the young catch the young. cool. Bar exceptions, I not think building a career and a relationship/marriage cannot go hand in hand.

To the thread proper:

I see a number of young ladies call a serious young man 'boring' because he is not into the fast life. He is more grounded, focused on things that betters the future of you too such as education, mental capacity, emotional development etc. He is that guy that would invite you for a career fair or marriage seminar. He doesn't care about the 'get together' happening in the house of the Yahoo guy that just hammered nor is he interested in clubbing everyday.

He is not seeking for a girl he just wants to sleep with; he has seen you as a wife material he wants to groom to be the best version of yourself. He is the guy that would rather help you with your coursework.

He is seen as boring because he is principled and expects same from you. He is not going to give you drama and would not expect drama from you either. Cheating, collecting contacts from guys, double-dating, hanging out with questionable friends, claiming bestie with guys etc. He expects loyalty and faithfulness. He is not a 'I am just passing or marking my own' guy so he needs you really invested in the relationship. This characteristic of principle is sometimes mistaken for 'strictness' or 'rigidity.'

He would most likely not be the fun seeking type. This doesn't mean you both cannot create the type of entertainment suited to you. He might suggest going for a book fair or GT Bank Food Fair over visiting the new club opening. If you want to dance, get music and dance together. His priorities would also be different; he would pick an future enhancing activity over fluff if he has to choose.

And nope, he is not going to accept the version of yourself you bring to the table just like that. He will encourage and require you to finetune it. He might point out some stuffs about you he doesn't like; your dressing, makeup, hair do, carriage, attitude to classes, interests,friends etc. He is not the anything goes guy because he is invested in your future and naturally wants to protect his interests.

He would be protective of you so don't be surprised if he doesn't want you mixing with a particular crowd or wearing certain clothes or conducting yourself in a certain way. He is not trying to stifle you or keep you from enjoying life; he just wants his woman to be the best version of herself for him.

Hmmmmmmm, sex; he might have enough self-control to abstain, he might not. If it happens, the sex is going to be with care. Even if he wants to be a ruff rider, it would still be with the consciousness that this is my baby till the end. The way you use aso ebi for one time is different from the way you use lace kept at the bottom of the box.

Jara:

Any man who is fine with everything you do or doesn't have a contrary opinion is either with you for the short term therefore not willing to invest in you OR pretending and waiting till after marriage to show his true colours.

Hence the popular 'men change in marriage'.

I hope this would be very useful to a baby girl about to 'end' that relationship because the bobo is boring or 'not a happening guy.'

This is a good read for me. I have a question, are you in any way related to lord.ko?

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
princessofpeace:

This is a good read for me. I have a question, are you in any way related to lord.ko?

Thank you princess, what was your major takeaway?

No, we aren't related.

Any reason why?
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Thank you princess, what was your major takeaway?

No, we aren't related.

Any reason why?

Thanks ma'am. I agree with everything you said. I have learned a lot.

Two of you reason alike. Honestly before now I used to think that maybe he is your husband.

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2020
princessofpeace:

Thanks ma'am. I agree with everything you said. I have learned a lot.

Two of you reason alike. Honestly before now I used to think that maybe he is your husband.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Why don't I know how to use GIFs here?

What is your old moniker?

You joined today and have three posts. Two on this thread and one quoting him.

P. S.: I am glad my thread could be of help to you.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Moneywirer: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
drealcivilceno:
A woman chooses to be with a man.

My 1000Naira

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Amumaigwe: 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
Romanoff:
I was okay with all you said until I saw the male bestie part and then, some of your comments made it look like a woman can't have a life just cause she's hoping to get married.

A woman can have a male bestie and it will be a pure friendship. Any man who can't handle a woman who has a male beat friend should just leave her alone and go for one who doesn't.

Why should a woman throw her friendship away because of relationship that might end tomorrow.

Instead of controlling the crowd she moves with, why not look around for a woman who flows with your kind of crowd?

This kind of thinking makes it looks like a man should change a woman to suit him.

How about you look for woman that suits you in the first place?

The happening guy verse boring guy part. See ehn, every woman has what she wants in a man. Some like the happening guys and some just want a quiet life.

I've seen these fast life girls marry a boring guy and still want to club why husband is home. I know one sef that left her baby at home while her husband travelled so she could go clubbing.

Just have the right qualities you want in a partner and date with a purpose. My two cents.

Read the disclaimer please. This thread is not for your type. Wasn't it written in black and white?

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Romanoff(f): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2020
Amumaigwe:

Read the disclaimer please. This thread is not for your type. Wasn't it written in black and white?

Even the original poster was civil and welcoming of the opinion of others, something you can learn from.

Adios.

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Amumaigwe: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
Romanoff:

So what kind of a woman will is open legs for a man that she's not married to?

I am trying to not bring scriptures here. But I guess I'll have to. Me I'm a Christian and I do Christian relationships. It means I don't entertain any appearance of evil.

So I guess my pedestal of measuring platonic relationships is different from yours.

@Bolded:
By their fruits we shall know them. No false claims here please.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Shugavee(f): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Why do I keep getting 'like my life is perfect' upandan?

Have I ever mentioned that my life is perfect?

Or are my threads an indication of a perfect life?

If your male bestie makes you 'happy', what do you need a boyfriend for?
that’s non of ur business,,, don’t feel u hv to tell people what to do with their lives. Ur life isn’t perfect , everyone is trying to be happy, while u do what u think is right, allow others to do what they think is right .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
Shugavee:
that’s non of ur business,,, don’t feel u hv to tell people what to do with their lives. Ur life isn’t perfect , everyone is trying to be happy, while u do what u think is right, allow others to do what they think is right .

Did I at any point force you to read this thread or prescribe a way to leave your life?

Am I stopping you from doing whatever you like right now? undecided

My dear, whatever you like, carry go.

5 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Shugavee(f): 7:11am On Apr 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Did I at any point force you to read this thread or prescribe a way to leave your life?

Am I stopping you from doing whatever you like right now? undecided

My dear, whatever you like, carry go.
b4 nko
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
biz2get:

A lady below 30 CAN NOT understand this line....

they think excitement/free hand is love , but that is when they will get heart broken.

Just saw this mention.

I disagree with you.

It is not by age.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by biz2get(m): 2:37am On Apr 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Just saw this mention.

I disagree with you.

It is not by age.

that age takes group takes more %% in your op points,

after 30 they start reasoning
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Jeboy(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2020
I took my time to go through this thread and read everybody's comment.
Firstly I want to say I will pay to have this content for my niece and future daughters so rich.

Secondly people will always have their opinions. Some people have sworn in their hearts to learn by experience at the cost of having scars but a wise man or woman learns from other peoples experiences and knowledge.
Finally, the bible says there is a way that seemeth right (exciting, fulfilled, attractive, enjoyable) unto a man but the end is destruction.
I will send this link to my nieces and nephews in the varsity and in their early twenties.

4 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jeboy:
I took my time to go through this thread and read everybody's comment.
Firstly I want to say I will pay to have this conversation for my niece and future daughters in form of seminar.

Secondly people will always have their opinions. Some people have sworn in their hearts to learn by experience at the cost of having scars but a wise man or woman learns from other peoples experiences and knowledge.
Finally, the bible says there is a way that seemeth right (exciting, fulfilled, attractive, enjoyable) unto a man but the end is destruction.
I will send this link to my nieces and nephews in the varsity and in their early twenties.

I wish them all the best.

Hugs from me to them.

This is usually what I want for my threads: to reach as many people especially ladies as possible so they learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Alexaonfleek: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thanks @ bukatyne for this interesting thread.
Just took my time and went through it, including the comments.
I totally agree with your thoughts on this and the bestie part.
The only problem is to get the diff between a serious minded guy and the one who wants to take you for a ride and dump you.

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
The only problem is to get the diff between a serious minded guy and the one who wants to take you for a ride and dump you.

Sweetheart, I am coming for you.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 9:51pm On May 02, 2020
Alexaonfleek:

I mentioned you on Rozz's thread about early marriage.

I can't type twice, no vex.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 02, 2020
It is this kind of "boring" guy I want to marry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Makes A Relationship Healthy? / Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba Men: Cutest or Most Handsome? / Having Sex With Your Cousin Is NOT A SIN!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.