Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) (48398 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / FFK: Bill And Melinda Gates Are Satanic, Demonic / FFK Rebuke Bill Gates Wife (melinda) 4 Saying I See Dead Bodies All Over Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by supernet4(f): 7:22am On Apr 14, 2020
walkwithgod:
If nothing changes in this country after this pandemic either through popular uprising or bloody revolution then something is fundamentally wrong with Nigerians.

HUNGER BAD !

2K giveaway for the first 10 people and free digital courses.

Make we help other mbok as you can s.ee we have a useless government.
Am interested
Thanks
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by AOB1: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2020
wirinet:

And FFK and you are the voltron of Africa? Africa has about 52 countries, but it's FFK and you that is taking it so personal, why? She did not mention Nigeria not to talk of your tribe or family name. Why the personal insults on Bill and Melinda Gates? Nigerians always want to be famous for the wrong reasons.
Why are you thinking like this it's seems you are a fool, tell me is Nigeria not in Africa? you are a mumu man sad
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by TheGreatIYANU: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2020
honeyB2018:
Am not a Femi Fani Kayode fan,but going through your thread on what Mrs Melinda Gates said, there is no differences between what she said in reference to o Ecuador and African and what FFK said.
When she said I see in Africa, what I saw in Ecuador, what was that supposed to be? What did she see in Ecuador, was it not death?

I was going to write this until I found your comment... the same OP and his ilk are the one's that will vote in 2023 yet lack basic lack of understanding for direct and inferred speech. Finally, Nigerians will be the death of Nigeria! TUEH!!!
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by canDy4eva(f): 7:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w_kyoXeSI0

This is what FFK HAS TO SAY.
IT IS YOUR DEAD PEOPLE THAT WILL BE ON THE STREETS. FFK BLASTS BELINDA GATES

It's not a blast per say...

He fulfilled the scripture that says " whatsoever you bind on Earth is bind in heaven and whatsoever you loose on Earth is loose in heaven"

Decree a thing and it shall be established.

That's God's word
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Shattuck(m): 7:25am On Apr 14, 2020
Ferdinandu:

Many Africans will see it like that because they are overly and stupidly too religious for their own good. When someone tells an African this is what is likely going to happen if you don't do this thing the right way. The next thing you will hear is God forbid you are wishing me bad luck, you are agent of the devil meanwhile he is doing everything wrongly and expecting everything to be right. So obviously many of them will be seeing it the way FFK is seeing it
I weak for them the battle against this virus is not by I reject it in Jesus name, no body accepted the virus in Jesus name,it is a test of how far your nation or healthcare system can handle, Melinda is speaking in terms of our readiness and general health facilities which are very poor,but Nigerians think the battle is a spiritual one.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Areaboy2(m): 7:25am On Apr 14, 2020
Ojukwucriminal:

God forbid.... On behalf of we hausas we donate him to North Korea

Tufiakwa.
On behalf of North Koreans, we politely decline your generous offer. We wholeheartedly offer him to the Chinese...
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by chozzy: 7:25am On Apr 14, 2020
Splashme:

Oga, ignorance they say is a disease.

Now, let me educate you ...

Have you heard about The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? It's an NGO in the health sector and headed by
Melinda.

The NGO has worked in almost all African countries under the headship of Melinda

In Nigeria, the Bill Gates Foundation has been around since during Obasanjo's tenure doing vaccination.
I can bet that your own children or siblings have probably benefited from Melinda's vaccination campaign

Most of the free vaccination a Nigerian new born baby receives in hospital have been paid for by Bill and
Melinda Gates ( not your stupid greedy Nigerian government )

The NGO is singlehandedly responsible for getting rid of Polio in Nigeria and many other African countries.
Yes, Polio is gone. No new polio cases since 2014 even in Northern Nigeria where it was prevalent

Did you read where she said she had travelled to all towns and countries in Africa ?
Yes, she did not lie. It's just that, her visits don't make so much news headlines like the husband's.

That woman is not a racist but someone with a complete understanding of sub-Saharan African health systems
She knows exactly what she's talking about in that interview

Nigerians like living in denial

Thanks for educating them.
The woman was simply stating the obvious based on her experience working in Africa
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Ikennamurphy: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2020
Moralgladiator:
She had spoken the truth!! Any fool can see the effect will be disastrous in Africa...no be curse na fact because we aren't prepared like even Ecuador,Italy, France and Spain.
She's not correct anything, don't leak white man's ass...bodies are already littering in Europe and USA, that should be her concern more,
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by obstead200(m): 7:26am On Apr 14, 2020
wirinet:

Nigeria is cursed with dumb populace. It explains why we are in poverty in the midst of plenty. Nigerians are the only people that will curse you if you give an honest advice, but is negative. If you advice a Nigerian to take a certain action to prevent failure, poverty or death, he will curse you and your father, and end it with God forbid and "I reject it in God's name", but when tragedy happens, he looks for someone else to blame.

If a woman advice his husband to write a while, take a life insurance policy or prepare for any eventuality, they would brand her a witch that is planning to kill her husband.

If you tell your your friend who is living large today to save for tomorrow, because the source of money might dwindle or stop tomorrow, he will hate you and say you wish him evil.

This is the terrible nature of the Nigerian, the inability to think and plan tomorrow.

A woman, who had done tremendous work in Africa. A woman who along with her husband is responsible for eliminating polio from Africa, and a woman has shown concern for Africa is giving advice to Africa, based on what she saw in Ecuador.
Instead of us to disagree with her politely, we are supporting a known drug addict and a serial womaniser, who had never done any charitable thing in his life to demonise her.

She has a point. The fatality rate in Nigeria so far is about 3%. Out of about 300 people confirmed infested with the virus, 10 are dead. Imagine the number of death if up to a million people are infected. That would be 300,000 thousand.

Even the the Trump administration is using a projected figure of between 100,000 to 200,000 deaths as a best case scenario. West case scenario is between 1 million to 1.2 million deaths.
at the bolded, Ur mathematics is wrong. If we have a million infections, we will expect 30,000 deaths, not 300,000

1 Like

Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Shattuck(m): 7:27am On Apr 14, 2020
obstead200:
God bless u for this common sense. And FFK was part of the government that brought us into this mess. I hate his hypocrisy. I can strangle him and folks like OBJ with my bare hands
and in the end they use God as an excuse for everything.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by hachan: 7:29am On Apr 14, 2020
walkwithgod:
If nothing changes in this country after this pandemic either through popular uprising or bloody revolution then something is fundamentally wrong with Nigerians.

HUNGER BAD !

Make we help other mbok as you can see we have a useless government.
I'm interested
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by hachan: 7:34am On Apr 14, 2020
canDy4eva:

My dear, I weep for Nigerians

Someone is predicting DOOM and all you do is attack the man speaking oñ your behalf?

Wow!

Let her keep her comparison to herself

All they do is project FEAR and people buy it. God in his Mercies will shock them.

We may not have all the know how's but we have GRACE.

She predicting/hoping for doom and they are happily defending her.

1 Like

Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Kiloseria: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2020
Death in Ecuador, how is that different from his interpretation. Yoruba adage says if you don't know your proverbs, then you are afraid to fight. I can't understand how you want him to say it. Death is death. She has sound the warning. So let's get prepared to fight the covid 19. The fall of a dry lesf is a warning to the green ones.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Mbaku(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2020
walkwithgod:

HUNGER BAD !

I'm here botherly
two nine zero three zero six one one six one E c o b a n k
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Emmani360(m): 7:37am On Apr 14, 2020
We Africans like to be emotional and religious about everything, disregarding the scientific facts and models. She said what she said but as a warning to Africans and its leaders not to take this as childs play or you all think what she said won't happen if we don't do what needs to be done just because we are overly religious. God help those who help themselves. If you drag and attack Gates from now till eternity without doing the litte you can to help flatten the curve then be rest assured that what she said will come to pass. Do you think Ecuador was praying for this calamity but because of the country's poor state which is the same as you find in a lot of African countries, they are where they are today. She was just telling us the truth we don't want to hear about what will happen if we the citizens and our leaders keep politicizing corona virus and leave what needs to be done.
And for you all calling the the anti-christ remember that you cannot renounce the devil and then be selective of which of his works to renounce, so please get rid of windows os and Microsoft office on your systems and make sure you delete your profile from LinkedIn

1 Like

Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by hachan: 7:37am On Apr 14, 2020
DesChyko:

You should have just let this one be.
After all the epistle, you ended up verifying his claim. lipsrsealed
I tire oh. and some didn't even bother reading the epistle before rushing to attack FFK.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by dederocs(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2020
I dont trust Gates, ever since he made a point about world's over population...
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Spectrum22: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2020
Trailblazer1:
Maybe you need to post a link to the CNN interview and let us figure it out ourselves undecided

I've heard similar line from other people independent of FFK undecided
True!

I don't like being spoon fed either by politicians or the main stream media.

Let op post a link to the CNN interview.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by september1999(m): 7:44am On Apr 14, 2020
honeyB2018:
Am not a Femi Fani Kayode fan,but going through your thread on what Mrs Melinda Gates said, there is no differences between what she said in reference to o Ecuador and African and what FFK said.
When she said I see in Africa, what I saw in Ecuador, what was that supposed to be? What did she see in Ecuador, was it not death?

it's just obvious people don't read.
we have so many educated illiterate on Nairaland
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by samkay3g(m): 7:46am On Apr 14, 2020
"Look at what is happening in Ecuador, they are putting bodies out on the streets, you are going to see that in countries in Africa,” she said.

Fani kayode was right
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Dangrace01: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w_kyoXeSI0

This is what FFK HAS TO SAY.
IT IS YOUR DEAD PEOPLE THAT WILL BE ON THE STREETS. FFK BLASTS BELINDA GATES

If this is what he said that's beautiful
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2020
walkwithgod:

HUNGER BAD !

2106284126-UBA
I hope I'm not too late Sir
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by WriterX(m): 7:48am On Apr 14, 2020
COVID-19 however, is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been
previously identified in humans until 2019.

this is what gets me all the time, there are so many strange things about convid19 apart from the others that gets me concerned.

hmm what really is the truth about this virus?
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by wirinet(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2020
obstead200:
at the bolded, Ur mathematics is wrong. If we have a million infections, we will expect 30,000 deaths, not 300,000
Noted.
Just woke up, so not fully alert.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by SenorFax(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2020
Cousin9999:
Melinda Gates doesn't possess a medical degree or any degree in medical science.

Melinda Gates has never lived anywhere in Africa for a substantial amount of time nor does she speak an African language or socialize with Africans. She is not married to an African.

She doesn't have the credentials, personal history, or knowledge to speak authoritatively on anything involving Africa's medical issues now or in the future.

She's a stupid, racist b**** that married a rich, ugly degenerate (and possible homosexual), so she should would never have to do an honest day of work again.

She's only qualified to comment on f***ing your boss and being a pig.
She doesn't live here like you wrote, but she knows how the system work even more than you.
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 14, 2020
well.. in that case africa should prove mrs Gates wrong by doing there best to eradicate the virus from their continent. rather FFK is praying..
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by jayworld15(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2020
When you realize that Africa has high poverty level, dilapidated healthcare system, security challenges, food shortage, Covid 19 pandemic, HIV, Diabetes, Malaria among other serial diseases, it is noteworthy that you don’t need a prophet, rocket scientist, futurist, or any other persona to tell you what the future holds for Africa in this trying time. I don’t wish her predictions to come to pass in Africa but for them not to be potent enough, African leaders must stand up to the task of protecting their people .
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by muhammad4islam: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2020
ezenna191:
FFK is nothing but a disgrace to this country and indeed his generation. I keep imagining why he was ever appointed a federal minister. Shame unto FFK for his illicit efforts to discourage philanthropists and stop humanitarian assistance to poor African countries.

Well, I don't like FFK at all. However, Melinda was not diplomatic with her statement. That was a careless statement from such a figure. I know FFK make that statement out of patriotism. Moreover, wish to other what you wish to yourself. If this countries want to help African especially the philanthropy they should just take action. I hate audio, hearsay and show off.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by K0y3: 7:55am On Apr 14, 2020
One is a confirmed statement while the other is a question. Lol

SadiqBabaSani:
The Statement was nt misrepresented by FFK, wats rhe difference btwn U re mad, adn are u mad
Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by johndwayy(m): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2020
FCMB - 0325754014
walkwithgod:

HUNGER BAD !

Re: Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:59am On Apr 14, 2020
BreconHills:

You are focused on "dead bodies" like most people. The dead bodies are not at the heart of FFK's statement. What is at the heart of his diatribe is that this ( bodies on the street) is the wish/desire of Melinda Gates and secondly he is rejecting it spiritually when in fact the woman is using data( Ecuador) and experience ( difficulty of social distance in high population slums) to buttress her statement.

Thr result is that the issue to be addressed is being lost. How do we encourage social distancing in high density areas? How do we prevent the infection getting into such areas?

Ffk like most Nigerians favours drama over facts and abuse over clear action. By taking on someone of international stature, he hopes to drag himself up by dragging her down.; a particularly Nigerian trait. I am not surprised he is getting support, I would be surprised if it were otherwise.

I went to school with him so I am not surprised. It is amazing that character in early life is hard to shake.

I watched the interview live. You may be right. She might have spoken with the best of intentions but the statement felt wrong then tbh. She sounded like it's a foregone conclusion that dead bodies were going to litter Africa. So I understand a bit where ffk is taking it from though you're right he seemed to have spiritualised the issue.
However, what's happened in Ecuador can't be used as data to determine what'll happen in Africa. As we've seen so far, the disease seemed to have stuck within the initial circle it came to Africa through. It's still early to judge though but it goes both ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Federal High Court, Abakaliki Attacked, Burnt (Photos) / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States / Rivers Women Met With Rimamde Shawulu-Kwewum (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.