Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (53949 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by jbravado(m): 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
bigcee:

Guy, u sef u dull ooo
Lol...that's what trust can do atimes. But I trusted the wrong person this time around. Thanks though, I don learn
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Candoit: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
well,
mine was wen I was in Benin
I ran laundry and to some extent it was successful. I had 3boys working for me . I had a keke which I use in delivering to my customer who re in far distance. then I had a friend who told me about a business which he ll like use to go into. the business was into phone accessories coupled with phone parts. I agreed, I rented the shop at oba market, did furnishing and other body works. during this time I borrowed money from lapo microfinance 300k, borrowed money from money lender about 580k. then I gave osas my friend to come to Lagos to buy the goods we re going to sell in our shop. osas come Lagos, osas no come back. I was so worried I had to go to his family house to know if his back but they said they didn't see him. I called his number and his number was switched off. call his gf and she said she doesn't know his were about. after a month I heard osas don go Malaysia. I ran back to his family house to ask his pple if it true. low and behold osas don travel and he knew I borrowed almost all those money for the business. I almost died. the pressure started coming in as to pay the loans I collected back. I had to sell my two washing machine, my dryer, and my keke and other tins from my shop and house to pay some of the debt. I had to let go of my two staff till I cud pay the money. but after every tin I found Benin uninteresting again cus I Ve lost every tin I Ve built over the years because of one person. I had to move from my room and palour selfcon to a one room, face me I face you, cus I cudnt afford it. my gf left me cus I too de complain money no de as b4. after the whole gbas gbos I relocated to Lagos for a fresh start as not kill my self cus of too much tinking and pressure. till today I pray for osas were ever he is, he ll find good in all he does. but I ll never trust any body again not even my family member. note trust is very expensive

So sorry bro.
How are u doing now?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrMacinterchi1: 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
DECENCY3:
My life has been one of betrayal betrayal betrayal.

From family with my siblings, in school, offices and now in marriage. I am a very reserved person, I don't talk or behave anyhow, I am disciplined.

I keep wondering how this betrayals come about. I keep asking myself if I am operating under a curse or what.

One thing keeps me going, my inner strength.

One day they will all be a thing of the past.

In my place of work, everyone suddenly started starring at me somehow, I just keep asking myself what did I not do right until one day I came to understand that a girl went about telling people around that I had se,x with our boss in the office and a lot of people came and gathered watching us through the door.

The news spread like wild fire even across our branches. I decided to follow up the matter to the end to know it's source. Cos I was still a virgin then. I reported the matter to the higher authority during investigation this girl said her reason of saying that is because I am too beautiful, intelligent and loved by all. That she is so unhappy about this.

Meanwhile, a lot of people where abusing me for soiling my name with my level of exposure. The worse is that she said if she did not see it let God punish her, truck crush her to death, that the university she is attending may she not graduate. She faced the sun and made this swearing.
This girl pleaded that I should forgive her and all the senior officers should help her beg me.

What really caused me depression in the whole saga is a "FRIEND" my best friend then, who new me for over 10years. She knows so much of my secrets even those asking for my hand in marriage, to tell me in the midst of people that I should search my conscience that the girl cannot bring such curses to herself if she is lying she distant herself from me. But when the truth was finally revealed she started coming g closer again. I have forgiven her but can never take her to myself again.

She was a fake friend. Since then I don't even have any friend again.

the extent wicked evil people go just to achieve their evil bidding. Just look at the courses she lay on herself just to soil someone reputation. So sad for her.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Samabu07(m): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
kick:
The worst thing that can happen to you is for you to have late parents at a tender age and your only option is to go and leave with family members.

Yes family members !! And the family members are my late father and mother's sisters. First I must be grateful for all the years they have accommodated, feed me and kicked me around like a football. I have been thrown out their houses on several occasions without any relief package.

But the one I will never forgive and forget is my late mother's sister. This woman is very stingy. Her husband can marry for Africa. The man sabi marry different type of women and you all know what happens with a man with different wives? It means family problems.

(((Fast forward))) I couldn't stay no more, so I had to leave to fend for myself without any kobo. Ever since I left she have never called to ask how I am coping with life.

Currently I just suffered from stroke. I can hardly use half of my body and When my late mothers sister was alerted to my condition. She did not even show care. All I expected of her was Just a little phone call.

I am removing all of them from my family tree.
I have vowed to come out of my condition. I must not die, I must succeed in life.
I have read quietly every single page till I came to your post. You're indeed strong and determine and that's all you need to speed up your recovery.
You will surely get out of your condition. Have you commenced physiotherapy sessions?
Be safe mate!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
Trust is very expensive

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrMacinterchi1: 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jaysleeves:
I was betrayed at work by my superior and it cost me my job, there's a document called P.T.W. " Permit to work document ". It's a written legal document that grant permission and authorization to commence a task. Usually high risk task, my immediate boss and i are both signatories to that document, i.e. I have to sign and my immediate boss as well. I did my part. Inspect work areas, got authorized by the PM and only needed my direct boss to sign to commence operation. I called him on radio as I was on the site. I.e an high rise tower of 34 floors and we were on the 34th level, My boss gave me a verbal permission to tell the guys to commence work even without him signing the permit. I was adamant and reluctant saying it's was against ethical practice, but he insisted that there isn't any problem. So I gave the go ahead only to be called that the companies "HSE Manger" is on site and on her way to supervise our activity, I was worried but not bothered as I was only following instructions from senior supervisor beside he is to take the blame. How wrong was I, to my uttermost surprise my boss denied me and claim he wasn't even aware of the designated task. I was shocked, I couldn't even say a word other workers came to my aid and said he was lying but all fell on deaf ears. This is a man I trusted so much as I have never in my life thought that this man can do such, my appointment was terminated for incompetency. It's painful but I have forgiven him. My only mistake was TRUST.

this is very sad.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
mceze:

Finish him off. Am in support.
You are the only one in support
She is a girl
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by GreatSuccess: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
Any human can become anything at anytime. This is the part I like the most.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrMacinterchi1: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eulalia:

OK.
God forbid I soil my sisters marriage. We were brought up in a Godly way in my family, so no such thing will happen.
Good.
I respect your response.
thumbs up to u.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by CONFAMA: 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eulalia:

But does it mean that people cannot control their attractions or what? That's preposterous. I mean... I can never be attracted to somebody I know is dating a friend or to my guys friend. That's greed of the highest order.

It happened to me. Like my blood line today is married to a guy that chyked me for years.
This my blood line knows that this guy tried to date me. As in he kept coming to our house look for me for months. My mum and all my siblings knew him very well. It got to a point he threatened to harm me if he sees me with any other guy but luckily, we relocated to another place. Only for my blood sister to bring this same guy as a suitor. shocked dang!
I just keep wondering, so she had been attracted to him all this while? Someone I dislike to the core? Hm! Fear human beings.

Till today, if I go visiting this guy will be telling me him and I have an unfinished business and some annoying silly talks. So most times when I visit, I'll hide away until I go back. Mehn... It sucks!

That's not betrayal. One man's meat is another mans poison. You didn't want him but your sister craved him. Why is it now paining you?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by chrish(f): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2020

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Humanoid01(m): 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
I don't think I've ever been betrayed, probably because I have an extremely small circle of people I relate with, but the things I'm seeing on this thread are breaking me.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by twosquare(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eulalia:

OK.
God forbid I soil my sisters marriage. We were brought up in a Godly way in my family, so no such thing will happen.
That guy is saying the truth. I was forced to comment. You can't be careful enough. Moreover, the soul is powerful. It may not be you, it may be him. You're not wiser than someone who is planning for you. It can come in any form. She is your blood, but cut down your visitation to once in a blue moon, if at all till you get married.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by armadeo(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
well,
I ran laundry and to some extent it was successful. I had 3boys working for me . I had a keke which I use in delivering to my customer who re in far distance. then I had a friend who told me about a business which he ll like use to go into. the business was into phone accessories coupled with phone parts. I agreed, I rented the shop at oba market, did furnishing and other body works. during this time I borrowed money from lapo microfinance 300k, borrowed money from money lender about 580k. then I gave osas my friend to come to Lagos to buy the goods we re going to sell in our shop. osas come Lagos, osas no come back. I was so worried I had to go to his family house to know if his back but they said they didn't see him. I called his number and his number was switched off. call his gf and she said she doesn't know his were about. after a month I heard osas don go Malaysia. I ran back to his family house to ask his pple if it true. low and behold osas don travel and he knew I borrowed almost all those money for the business. I almost died. the pressure started coming in as to pay the loans I collected back. I had to sell my two washing machine, my dryer, and my keke and other tins from my shop and house to pay some of the debt. I had to let go of my two staff till I cud pay the money. but after every tin I found Benin uninteresting again cus I Ve lost every tin I Ve built over the years because of one person. I had to move from my room and palour selfcon to a one room, face me I face you, cus I cudnt afford it. my gf left me cus I too de complain money no de as b4. after the whole gbas gbos I relocated to Lagos for a fresh start as not kill my self cus of too much tinking and pressure. till today I pray for osas were ever he is, he ll find good in all he does. but I ll never trust any body again not even my family member. note trust is very expensive

I had chills reading this. That guy can kill you for money.

Jesus.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Humanoid01(m): 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
DECENCY3:
My life has been one of betrayal betrayal betrayal.

From family with my siblings, in school, offices and now in marriage. I am a very reserved person, I don't talk or behave anyhow, I am disciplined.

I keep wondering how this betrayals come about. I keep asking myself if I am operating under a curse or what.

One thing keeps me going, my inner strength.

One day they will all be a thing of the past.

In my place of work, everyone suddenly started starring at me somehow, I just keep asking myself what did I not do right until one day I came to understand that a girl went about telling people around that I had se,x with our boss in the office and a lot of people came and gathered watching us through the door.

The news spread like wild fire even across our branches. I decided to follow up the matter to the end to know it's source. Cos I was still a virgin then. I reported the matter to the higher authority during investigation this girl said her reason of saying that is because I am too beautiful, intelligent and loved by all. That she is so unhappy about this.

Meanwhile, a lot of people where abusing me for soiling my name with my level of exposure. The worse is that she said if she did not see it let God punish her, truck crush her to death, that the university she is attending may she not graduate. She faced the sun and made this swearing.
This girl pleaded that I should forgive her and all the senior officers should help her beg me.

What really caused me depression in the whole saga is a "FRIEND" my best friend then, who new me for over 10years. She knows so much of my secrets even those asking for my hand in marriage, to tell me in the midst of people that I should search my conscience that the girl cannot bring such curses to herself if she is lying she distant herself from me. But when the truth was finally revealed she started coming g closer again. I have forgiven her but can never take her to myself again.

She was a fake friend. Since then I don't even have any friend again.
This is just too much. Some people have bile flowing through their veins and arteries, not blood.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by CONFAMA: 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
ednut1:
as you no gree he say another fine specimen. No crime in that na. Abi you expect him to chase you for ever ni. Any why will you even visit them. Smh

Don't mind her. Seems like she is the one planning to betray her sister by visiting them in their matrimonial home despite the history they have shared.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by rapid101(m): 1:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
Millenniumlady:
So sorry about the incident embarassed
thanks �
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by rapid101(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Candoit:

So sorry bro.
How are u doing now?
bro i must say it not easy but Wht can I do. thank god for life
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by armadeo(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
temmytee2309:
Jesus!!!
I felt like crying reading your post, God will turn everything around for your good. As for Osas, Na there type dey rot for Malaysian jail over minor offence.

Honestly I hope he is in jail there. Didnt just want to voice it out . He is evil.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:

Ha, people are wicked but me I don't forgive that kind betrayal o, even if the person beg from now till tomorrow....that is wickedness
I will use whatever is in my power to destroy the person's life
Betrayals could be very painful, but there should always be room for forgiveness. Remember vengeance is of the Lord. Though painful, let it go, forgive.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by rapid101(m): 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
armadeo:

I had chills reading this. That guy can kill you for money.

Jesus.
wink wink wink
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Redman44(m): 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
Humanoid01:

This is just too much. Some people have bile flowing through their veins and arteries, not blood.

The lady will suffer from the curses she pronounced on herself, unless she revokes the curses and goes for deliverance in a powerful church. The things we say have a way of manifesting in our lives smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by mistarsam(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jaysleeves:
I was betrayed at work by my superior and it cost me my job, there's a document called P.T.W. " Permit to work document ". It's a written legal document that grant permission and authorization to commence a task. Usually high risk task, my immediate boss and i are both signatories to that document, i.e. I have to sign and my immediate boss as well. I did my part. Inspect work areas, got authorized by the PM and only needed my direct boss to sign to commence operation. I called him on radio as I was on the site. I.e an high rise tower of 34 floors and we were on the 34th level, My boss gave me a verbal permission to tell the guys to commence work even without him signing the permit. I was adamant and reluctant saying it's was against ethical practice, but he insisted that there isn't any problem. So I gave the go ahead only to be called that the companies "HSE Manger" is on site and on her way to supervise our activity, I was worried but not bothered as I was only following instructions from senior supervisor beside he is to take the blame. How wrong was I, to my uttermost surprise my boss denied me and claim he wasn't even aware of the designated task. I was shocked, I couldn't even say a word other workers came to my aid and said he was lying but all fell on deaf ears. This is a man I trusted so much as I have never in my life thought that this man can do such, my appointment was terminated for incompetency. It's painful but I have forgiven him. My only mistake was TRUST.
So sad.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Candoit: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
My betrayal stories are mainly from childhood.

As a child, my parents promised to buy me a bicycle, they didn't.

I used to lend my mother money I saved. As a student, most times I skipped snacks or trekked home to save something and my mother would borrow it promising to pay back. Well, she didn't.

In Jss1, we had a class project to make any object with clay. Somehow someone accidentally smashed my clay pot cos it was still wet and I had nothing to present other than a funny looking pot I tried to fix. Everyone laughed at me including my best friend. It was even another classmate that tried helping me out while my so called best friend kept shining teeth. Well, that was the end of the friendship till SS3. Childish mentality though....

Well, these are the betrayals that mattered cos somehow they stuck. Betrayals after these didn't stick cos I never took university friends and colleagues as real friends.

Real friends ended in secondary school.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by armadeo(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
indoorlove:
I made some cool money few years back and decided to help my friends and family. Gave about 8 of them 300k each to push into their businesses and asked them to pay back after a year. No collateral, no interest. Its been over 2 years now, only one person has been able to return 132k. Others simply do not care. I thought I was helping them so they could help themselves, now I know better.

You set yourself up man. Also you have untrustworthy peeps around you.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Betrayals could be very painful, but there should always be room for forgiveness. Remember vengeance is of the Lord. Though painful, let it go, forgive.
Yes sir
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by maasoap(m): 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

I already applied this principle to my life since 2013.

My wife and I won USA visa lottery in 2013 and were scheduled for visa interview just second week of the 52 weeks that interviews for all the applicants were supposed to take place. No one to assist us financially, even the two brothers who could easily help us out. The lottery wasted just like that. Then, I learnt the human nature the hard way.
The same brother I transferred my saving of 200k to when I just finished my service. Many years after, he was telling me that he didn't want me to go to USA and become a slave. Hear that!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hmmmm... Lot of Touching Experiences here.

I have also had my own share of betrayas, but they end up making me Stronger..

Presently, if I have the means to offer help, I do it with little or no Expectation from you.. I Look up to GOD to Reward me.. And He has been good!

I work more with the Spirit now! If my Spirit accepts you, Good! If it doesn't, Am out.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by mistarsam(m): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
well,
D guy is a silent killer. How can you run away with borrowed money?!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bigcee(m): 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
jbravado:
Lol...that's what trust can do atimes. But I trusted the wrong person this time around. Thanks though, I don learn
Abi o! It's painful though. Next time shine ur eyes.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by holusormi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
IyaTola:
Someone we referred to as our uncle was in the position to help me get a government job after my NYSC in 2009.
My child was 2+ and I desperately needed the job
His undergrad daughter got it
I was hurt but resolved not to depend on anyone anymore

Real situations will always reveal fake people, all you need to do is pay attention.

Dear Fellow Nigerians

Come 2023 politicians will come begging for our votes. Pls ask them

During Covid-19 lockdown did you do vigilante with me?

Did you give me food or money?

Did Nepa bring 24hrs electricity?

If the answer is yes then vote for them. #LagosUrest

Oh wait , you expected him to deny his daughter and give u the job ? Lmao joker

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Humanoid01(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Redman44:

The lady will suffer from the curses she pronounced on herself, unless she revokes the curses and goes for deliverance in a powerful church. The things we say have a way of manifesting in our lives smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
Na wa o! How could someone lay curses on herself because she wanted to bring someone else down? That is beyond jealousy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.