Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (54008 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by alexsoftwork(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
Pascopele:
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️

Bros that money was kind of much. I don't care the relationship u have with him but next time, if there is going to be next time self, when people ask of that kind money, give them half, they should go and look for the remaining half. When it comes to money human beings are very funny.
Ask loan officers.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by mistarsam(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
Saintinoo:

That was not betrayal, they didn't owe you a visit.... Just that they didn't act as expected.
Read what you wrote again
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by armadeo(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
tabithababy:

You are very greedy.. you want 5k free

Dem scam this guy big time.

E fall mugu for this kind cheap scam

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by maasoap(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

do you know what he himself was passing through. The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.

He didn't call back as promised. He refused to pick his calls as well. That was the betrayal enough. Please, don't ever do that to your friends. Call the person and tell him "sorry". If he calls you back to ask how far about your promise, answer the call and say "sorry".

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by mceze(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
donnie:
Many times, but the most recent on my mind is when I left CE church last year. I later declared that I wasn't a Christian on Facebook because of some posts I made which were true but which Christians didn't like.

Of course many insulted and even called me false prophet. What shocked me was even those close to me, I found making snide remarks and calling me end time false Prophet. Even more stupid was one guy who's life I had turned around by YAH's grace. He was jumping around my timeline making stupid comments. I introduced him to someone who gave him almost all his major engineering jobs. He even lived in one of the man's houses for free, got married and had a child right in that house. I gave him jobs to do and still had more waiting for him. Well that was it, I had to change him. I even found someone so good that it made this fool look like an apprentice. Christianity actually makes many people stupid.

Connect me na!
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nexus25(f): 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
I housed a friend for four good years in my university days, I fed him throughout those years. I paid his school fees on several occasions. I left uni before him and I remember giving him 50k the day I was to travel.

Dude started working last year, the first few months, he wasn't paid so I borrowed him money to keep the soul together.

When he received his first salary, I knew but he lied they never paid him. It's more than a year already, the money I borrowed him, he has refused to pay. He instead bought a big car.

I had my wedding ceremony February this year. I sent my account number to him because of the money he's owing me, he didn't reply my message and never attended my wedding.

A friend I was constantly collecting money from P.man and my bro to feed for years.

Fear men!!!!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ifylicious: 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

you can't blame him in this case, you would do same.

Yes oh. The government changes. It could be that that when the daughter is a graduate, the government he know would have handed over to another and secondly. He can help the posterfinish and later the poster will not remember his own child but her own siblings.
To me it wasn't betrayal. The man simply used wisdom

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by armadeo(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:
Betrayal is part of life. There are four things I have found which can reduce betrayal from people;

1) Trust only yourself with your secrets (that means never confide with anyone and never tell anyone about your dark side)
2) Never depend on anyone for anything, never take people's promises seriously
3) Expect little or nothing from anyone even those you have helped before
4) Always repay evil deeds. Never forgive anyone that hurts you and let others know this. It will make them think deeply before crossing your path.

This I understand.

Have I been betrayed jo. Because I dont even give that oppurtunity.

Right now the circle is so small that a betrayal would be catastrophic for me. Everyone in the circle I would do anything for and expect the same in return.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
You have a good heart. As you have obviously forgiven osas, restoration is on the way. All you have lost will be fully restored with much more "interest" in Jesus Christ name.
rapid101:
well,
mine was wen I was in Benin
I ran laundry and to some extent it was successful. I had 3boys working for me . I had a keke which I use in delivering to my customer who re in far distance. then I had a friend who told me about a business which he ll like use to go into. the business was into phone accessories coupled with phone parts. I agreed, I rented the shop at oba market, did furnishing and other body works. during this time I borrowed money from lapo microfinance 300k, borrowed money from money lender about 580k. then I gave osas my friend to come to Lagos to buy the goods we re going to sell in our shop. osas come Lagos, osas no come back. I was so worried I had to go to his family house to know if his back but they said they didn't see him. I called his number and his number was switched off. call his gf and she said she doesn't know his were about. after a month I heard osas don go Malaysia. I ran back to his family house to ask his pple if it true. low and behold osas don travel and he knew I borrowed almost all those money for the business. I almost died. the pressure started coming in as to pay the loans I collected back. I had to sell my two washing machine, my dryer, and my keke and other tins from my shop and house to pay some of the debt. I had to let go of my two staff till I cud pay the money. but after every tin I found Benin uninteresting again cus I Ve lost every tin I Ve built over the years because of one person. I had to move from my room and palour selfcon to a one room, face me I face you, cus I cudnt afford it. my gf left me cus I too de complain money no de as b4. after the whole gbas gbos I relocated to Lagos for a fresh start as not kill my self cus of too much tinking and pressure. till today I pray for osas were ever he is, he ll find good in all he does. but I ll never trust any body again not even my family member. note trust is very expensive

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ifylicious: 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
ubcandid:

do you know what he himself was passing through. The fact you see people in fancy, doesn't mean their pocket is sooo rich.

It would have been better if he came out straight to say things are not going well than not picking her calls.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Longman8: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Getting hurt is one of the things we experience as living thing. We sometimes get disappointed and hurt by the people we thought will neva disappoint. But i guess there is a reason to a every life event they happen to make us learn,grow, strong and adapt.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Wiinnd(m): 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eulalia:

But does it mean that people cannot control their attractions or what? That's preposterous. I mean... I can never be attracted to somebody I know is dating a friend or to my guys friend. That's greed of the highest order.

It happened to me. Like my blood line today is married to a guy that chyked me for years.
This my blood line knows that this guy tried to date me. As in he kept coming to our house look for me for months. My mum and all my siblings knew him very well. It got to a point he threatened to harm me if he sees me with any other guy but luckily, we relocated to another place. Only for my blood sister to bring this same guy as a suitor. shocked dang!
I just keep wondering, so she had been attracted to him all this while? Someone I dislike to the core? Hm! Fear human beings.

Till today, if I go visiting this guy will be telling me him and I have an unfinished business and some annoying silly talks. So most times when I visit, I'll hide away until I go back. Mehn... It sucks!
be careful with such people, they are capable of rape. I advise you tell your sister about what he says to you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
Misty eyes....and yes you will be fine. Keep faith/hope alive.
Seenyo:
I assisted a lot of people financially and otherwise...I'm naturally empathetic and a cheerful giver...

i touched souls and blessed people with my talents by grooming them up..young, old, known, unknown, irrespective of creed or race . .

Few years down the line, tides turned against me, I fell seriously ill and my business crumbled, the people I helped turned a blind eye...

I called to seek for assistance from some of them but they passively turned me down....but I'll be fine God willing,

I wish I NEVER MET THESE PEOPLE.

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by rapid101(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bodydialect57:
You have a good heart. As you have obviously forgiven osas, restoration is on the way. All you have lost will be fully restored with much more "interest" in Jesus Christ name.
amen my brother god bless
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by leosahm(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
For home service haircut. Please call :

09039099829 LOCATION : CALABAR. thanks in advance
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by abobote: 1:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
jbravado:

Your thoughts though.
Remember, I never requested it as a criterion for help.
You're entitled to your opinion though so it's well.
yours was pure 419, not betrayal
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ednut1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
CONFAMA:

Don't mind her. Seems like she is the one planning to betray her sister by visiting them in their matrimonial home despite the history they have shared.
i tire o. Why go there

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Misty eyes....and yes you will be fine. Keep faith/hope alive.
Thanks a lot bro!...I appreciate, and I'm keeping hope alive....one love!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by MrMacinterchi1: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
Humanoid01:

Na wa o! How could someone lay curses on herself because she wanted to bring someone else down? That is beyond jealousy.
as in eeeh. Jealousy in the highest order. it beats me.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bluefilm: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

I feel your pains.

It hurts so bad.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by veave(f): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ogalanyaidi(m): 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:
An enemy disguise as friend asked me about someone personal, I opened up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to tell the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope

Modified
This is for people in my MT and even on whatsapp asking me to let go
This is what Temitope did
She saw me with a man that I was seeking some favours from, the man doesn't even notice me and I was frustrated (this favour will actually change my life)
Temitope saw me collecting the man's number and even saw the attitude the man was giving me, she then asked me what's up I explained to her how this man has been giving me attitude and I need help from him, she advised that I should give the man youghut whenever I'm going to see him...Only for the man to call me 2days later and told me have been tarnishing his image and vow never to help me....then someone sent me the recordings Tope made, it was only both of us on the street, in fact the person that passed us by that I greeted, everything is on the record

She's evil

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
This life enh? He just lost a good friend cos of money! May God heal your heart...its painful
Galactico4ever:
During my 300 level I Gave my ATM card to my best friend in sec. school who have been my roommate since my 2nd year..We did everything 2geda:studying,dodging classes,toasting babes,playing video games,playing soccer,clubbing and even wear the same clothes.Some peeps even thought we were brothers.I was paying the rent and all the expenses cos i knew his family was struggling to pay his sch.fees.I Was in bankFin 300 while he was in ECONS 200.on that fateful day,he asked me for #200 to photocopy some handouts and since i had only my t~fare,i gave him my ATM card and then told him to withdraw 15k for refilling our gas cylinder and subscribing for our gotv and buy essentials with the rest. This was like the millionth time i was giving him the card.this guy emptied my account worth #96,680 and left #680 probably because he cant empty it totally. i remember calling him after the alert came and he refused to pick.Even remembering this now is making me tear up cos the aftermath was the end of our friendship...

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Warmaterial(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
Mehn one thing that I always say to myself after so many difficulties and betrayers in life, dat I was born alone, going to die alone, not with anybody. I mind my business, I work hard in order not to beg anybody. I tried and build friendship with myself , before work every morning I take my weed alone inside my house and after work in the night I take my weed alone again inside my house before enjoying my self with goodies. So many want to be my friend both male and female but I don't need a friend, some are forcing their self to be close to me but I don't need a friend. If I need a girl I will make call and pay them some if them want to be close after two times of coming around and I will cut them off and make new contacts... That's my life

14 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Saintmary(f): 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
jaxxy:

If ure very trusting or depend on people alot u will have alot betrayal issues. Make sm adjustments.
Before nko?
I'm blocking all those loopholes aggressively.

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ogalanyaidi(m): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
IyaTola:
Someone we referred to as our uncle was in the position to help me get a government job after my NYSC in 2009.
My child was 2+ and I desperately needed the job
His undergrad daughter got it
I was hurt but resolved not to depend on anyone anymore

Real situations will always reveal fake people, all you need to do is pay attention.

Dear Fellow Nigerians

Come 2023 politicians will come begging for our votes. Pls ask them

During Covid-19 lockdown did you do vigilante with me?

Did you give me food or money?

Did Nepa bring 24hrs electricity?

If the answer is yes then vote for them. #LagosUrest

He did nothing to you...
U too will do the same thing or more..
You better forgive yourself

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by titsqueez(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
bro is not easy I swear coupled wit dis lockdown. god de sha

bros how far ....send me ur account number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Wiinnd(m): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
No doubt I have been betrayed before. But I want to speak on my own parts of betrayal to a friend. I have a friend who was dating a girl, he introduced me to her and we became friends. 2 years down the line they broke up and the girl loved my friend so much and was trying to get back to him. She likes to come to my school hostel which is off campus. At that point I knew she was falling for me sexually and at a time it looked as though I couldn't control it. Thet were times she will sleep over and I kiss her and smooch her breasts and do all sorts of things with her but I had this fear of God and I didn't sleep with her even though she presented me the opportunity and I was this close to doing it. Eventually I told my friend about it and he was angry with me even though they were no longer dating. It wasn't the girls faults. And that point she was vulnerable and I was just in time to satisfying her sexual needs and I also somehow needed my sexual needs satisfied hence the reason we used to kiss smooch and romance. That is my own part of betrayal. I know I betrayed my friend. But thankfully today we are still friends and is ex-girlfriend are still friends and we are all friends with boundaries.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Victornezzar: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
OBelz:
It was my birthday so I had a few friends around.

So I used the opportunity to introduce my best friend (she was my padi to the bone marrow) to my fiancé (now ex). She was so happy to meet him and I felt good because she had always wanted to meet with him. The party ended well and we all went home.

But after few days, kept getting calls and messages from this friend asking if I really want to settle down with this man. I wondered why she was really concerned and asking. So I asked her what is it that she isn’t telling me.

She said to me “Nothing was wrong”, I said, "are you sure?" She replied yes, she wants the best for me and she was just looking out for me. I didn’t bother asking again.

One very hot afternoon, my man(now ex) were together and he decided to tell and show me everything my supposed "best friend” said/wrote to him.

Firstly I was surprised how she got his number and I was so devastated.She told him I was no good for him because my family had issues and he would want that for him self.

Well I was flabbergasted to say the least now though �

The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means that someone will willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.

Ever been betrayed? Tell us what happened and let's learn.

Ladies never introduce your friends to your man either ex, present or future.
Liar
I saw this tweet from Aunty Ada on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by foleskay(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
Eulalia:

But does it mean that people cannot control their attractions or what? That's preposterous. I mean... I can never be attracted to somebody I know is dating a friend or to my guys friend. That's greed of the highest order.

It happened to me. Like my blood line today is married to a guy that chyked me for years.
This my blood line knows that this guy tried to date me. As in he kept coming to our house look for me for months. My mum and all my siblings knew him very well. It got to a point he threatened to harm me if he sees me with any other guy but luckily, we relocated to another place. Only for my blood sister to bring this same guy as a suitor. shocked dang!
I just keep wondering, so she had been attracted to him all this while? Someone I dislike to the core? Hm! Fear human beings.

Till today, if I go visiting this guy will be telling me him and I have an unfinished business and some annoying silly talks. So most times when I visit, I'll hide away until I go back. Mehn... It sucks!

And your parents accepted your blood sister to marry her, knowing fully well you both were dating. Btw, the guy might be bleeping another female members of your family rt now.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by GreatResearcher: 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
sonofanarchy:
grin swear say no be that breast you wan squash
firstly, that's lady on op's profile is not op. secondly, op is a male. lastly, i neva finish squashing petyprincess breasts na dis London has fallen i go squash?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by HeyHey(f): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
When I was pregnant, i had severe malaria. My husband worked from another state then, but came home to be with me. His female cousin, we were close oo, came to stay in our house that year, na so i dey take care of her, b4 she wake up i don cook clean house, for evening don do everything after all its my home. I became very ill, everything I chop, i go vomit. I was dehydrated and pale to the extent that i couldnt walk anymore. This girl no dey do anything, na my husband go cook give her. And take our first child to schoool. My health deterioated had to be taken to hospital o, the first day, they said ward was full (general hospital, since i had NHIS)Na corridor i sleep, na there i recieve 9 bags of drip. Countless injections.

In my house, the girl was enjoying herself. this girl go dey play loud songs from our house according to my friends who knew i was in hospital

They move me to ward and thank God say general hospital feeds patients. I stayed there additional 6days, this girl no call anyday or visit me. My MIL go call me say mk the girl cook vegetable come, i tell her say since i dey hospital, she never show face oo or even call me.

Only for them to discharge us, the girl brought her man friend to our house, he had been there for almost 3days. The thing shock me, this life ehen, your own is your own oo.

The greater lesson I learnt is as parents, manage your sef, do family planning and born children when your power reach, no send your children to dey go stay pple house anyhow. You dont know the abuse they face as kids and even as adults, Y am I saying this?, my husband grew up as sort of like their houseboy and salesboy for her parents but God helped him he con dey ok.
So he felt some how to discpline her. He go just dey say bear bear. Nobody cares about you or owes you anything oo. Dont put your kids in situations that have future repercussions oo.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co / 34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.