Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (53950 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 10:58am On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:

OK bro
I'll be glad at list I'll Ve a nairaland paddy
08065500452 plz WhatsApp me
i swear bro ur story pain me . . . Pure betrayal

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Lewisalexander(m): 10:58am On Apr 14, 2020
SteveOfu:
There are people who have sworn never to help anyone again, they are not bad people, they had their reasons.

They had gone through phases of betrayals from people they held tight to their heart. Share your story if you can relate.

Yeah. No offense. In our black society, people take kindness for weakness. I have been a victim many times n every night I wished I never helped

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by indoorlove(m): 10:58am On Apr 14, 2020
Renida:

Mine took my pictures and stuff for voodoo ism cause my business was booming and I invited him to come eat, today, even 100k is hard to put together. Cause I wanted to help childhood friends

I design graphics guys. Patronise my services
The heart of man is desperately wicked. Everything will be great again.. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by skyplustk(f): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2020
how many will I mention but the most painful was that of my neighbor she knew something about me she later used it against me all in the name of she's trying to help me

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by agbolahan1991(m): 11:01am On Apr 14, 2020
Realistically, have been betrayed by numerous people an have learnt to live by it...
At some point in our journey of life we will feel betrayed because life wants to teach some some lessons..
Put all your trust in Allah (God)
Learn to do it on your own....
Learn to love yourself..
Do good and expect nothing in return...
Pray and work hard...
Coz if u succeed u succeed for everyone and if u don't, that's for you alone...
Enjoy your life while u can

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by StrikeBack(m): 11:02am On Apr 14, 2020
I have always been a loner, People betray me alot and I betray people

But I like to always be left alone and do things my own way and by that betrayal hardly affect me.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Lamanii22(f): 11:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Eberechi24:

Do you agree that the guy in question played a part in the betrayal? You should be grateful he no use your congo shine. He came for the cookies and nothing long term fortunately your sister was first to offer.

Let your sister be abeg.

If it were another I wouldn't have been upset, but it's just how close we were never knew she'd do such a thing...

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Briller: 11:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Hmm, if I were not a naturally compassionate person, I would never never help again.
Had this home girl that I accommodated while still a spinster. She wasn't working so I cater for her.

Long story short, heard all sorts of things about me later ranging from how pretentious I was, how wicked, lazy, wayward, etc I was. I still couldn't believe her tales of woes. I still couldn't understand where that was coming from.

And to think that I housed a cobra as a friend and sister.

Another scenario was a boss. She is ever ready to throw you in to save her neck. Used to go before the Director to paint pictures and whenever the chips are down, her first response is always "You should explain this", even when the directive comes from her. And I wonder if this is what leadership is all about.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by donnie(m): 11:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Ogaonos:
from Ur read up it shows ur faith is in church Nd nt God.nd u aren't going to a church DT teach d bible.to expose things about passage in d bible.though I don't read d Bible much.but I pray I do.but wat try to knw wetin Christ or God mean in scripture.neva put Ur trust in man but God.for instance there no or few born again girls ( na when dey marry become prayerful)must at dis stage are hypocrite.when u have an employee who always wat u show is a Christian by every giving opportunity or show this pastor like personality.trying to hold prayer session always in ur office always forming holy don't be quick to accept him/her has such.they might be suspect.when u c such Joseph in d Bible should be in ur mind.joseph was a diligence person /staff who make d affair of Ur biz (photifer home) go cool Nd profit margin go turn around.dt make Ur office mgt peaceful Nd orderly Wen he/she arrive.remember Neva preach d word of God in Egypt whether in porphifier house or in d prison.it was his inner personality DT was showing.a Christian is a Christ like .have Jesus Christ personality which are humility kindness no dey gossip.positive thinking jovial friendly full of motivation.he/she presence bring positivity to an environment of negativity.( like he bring calmness in an area wher aggressive stubborn pple dey give person headache).secondly u need to know fake pastor from genuine pastor.which very important in Christianity it has help me alot.fake ones it shows in their sermon because one thing d devil would give u power is to teach d Bible so simple to make pple undastand Nd practice d words of God in their life.also we all sinners but try use d Bible to improve Ur personality Nd wisdom than to seek heaven u fit backslide because it Ur personality DT curved out by d Bible na em matter to access heaven.

grin
I found some sense in your post especially wrt Joseph, born again girls and what type of staff to employ. However, I suggest you examine my profile, topics and posts if you have time, then come back because it is obvious you don't know who you're talking to.

BTW, the guy isn't that religious or spiro... More reason I was shoked.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by yomi007k(m): 11:05am On Apr 14, 2020
chiefoboh1:

I hope u don't support wickedness o? 4 someone under ur roof u left him in d hospital 4 two weeks without words , I wonder if her mind was at rest all those 2weeks knowing fully well that someone in ur care is at d hospital

It's not about supporting wickedness but asking the appropriate questions.

Atleast they took her to the hospital. What if they were doing herbal medication. She is alive today because they made an effort and ultimately by Gods grace.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Reading all the betrayal stories and one nonentity will tell me to forsake God because of a human being. Lol... I'm always laughing at their stupidity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Renida: 11:05am On Apr 14, 2020
indoorlove:
The heart of man is desperately wicked. Everything will be great again.. Cheers

Amen. Childhood friends of seventeen years o

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by XD57: 11:07am On Apr 14, 2020
Eberechi24:

And you are??

Go concentrate your energy on finding a husband Ebere
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by yomi007k(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2020
MrSly:

The above question didn't add up. They were aware that she had such problem. Even if she had her own challenges too she should have explained to her niece knowing her condition. This is pure wickedness just just betrayal.

The Op is yet to answer the above questions. We are not sure if the aunt explained to her or not.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by donnie(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2020
Cti28:

Am into Aluminum works and things have not been easy lately.

It is well brother...
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by jbravado(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2020
And I've learnt !!!!
(modified)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by descartes400: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2020
medolab90:
Betrayal can come in any form but most times I don't take it as betrayal cos I might do the same especially if it is money issue.

I never try to expect so much from people and I don't think anyone owe me anything. What ever comes in the other way around I just take it and move on cos pple would always do things that hurt you.

And again don't borrow out what you know would hurt you if the person doesn't pay back. Just give out what you can't hurt too much.

Same reason when I ask pple for financial help and they can't give out up to what I expect I don't feel bad about it cos I might do the same.

Fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by callmeRichie(m): 11:11am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=Eulalia post=88425484]

But does it mean that people cannot control their attractions or what? That's preposterous. I mean... I can never be attracted to somebody I know is dating a friend or to my guys friend. That's greed of the highest order.

It happened to me. Like my blood line today is married to a guy that chyked me for years.
This my blood line knows that this guy tried to date me. As in he kept coming to our house look for me for months. My mum and all my siblings knew him very well. It got to a point he threatened to harm me if he sees me with any other guy but luckily, we relocated to another place. Only for my blood sister to bring this same guy as a suitor. shocked dang!
I just keep wondering, so she had been attracted to him all this while? Someone I dislike to the core? Hm! Fear human beings.

Till today, if I go visiting this guy will be telling me him and I have an unfinished business and some annoying silly talks. So most times when I visit, I'll hide away until I go back. Mehn... It sucks!

[As in I don't know why people could be this so daft. you don't get in to a relationship with your blood line's exes now!! for God's sake. Abi how comfortable can ppu b dating your best friends exes that's stupidity! those things breaks bonds like shit! I'm passing through the same right now though ]

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Triqa: 11:12am On Apr 14, 2020
Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of you love.

Im always positive. Have zero expectations. To be honest I found few people [friends] which are loyal. [no betrayal....only men btw]

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Briller: 11:13am On Apr 14, 2020
Lighthammer:
The one that affects me most and turned my life upside down
turning me into someone who now begs,cnt boast of ordinary 1 k again
a friend that i brought from my town in osun state to kwara here,housed him,fed him and clothed him fr almost 6 month last year,got a job paying almost 50 k fr him,while am earning 35 k myself,
so i took a huge loan of almost close to 500 k to start a business but my so called friend joined league with some people and defrauded me,then shit hit the fan,i lost my job,got arrested many times,almost commit suicide because i was overwhelmed....
i was evicted from where i was paying close to 100 k as rent,my other friends and people i have helped in the past turned their back on me...
i lived in an uncompleted building fr two month...till nw am nt balanced financially,emotionally and psychologically....
as am typing now,been surviving on water and mangoe fr d past one week....
fear people......fear people and limit who you help.

Sad. PM me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2020
zionmde:
Had a friend in school, were so close to each other, people will call us brothers. I had a major breakdown just after service, me being someone that hardly ask help from people because of my growing up experience. He was d only one I had to run to. he promised to call me back, but after 2 days he never did, he also refused to pick my calls. I knew how hunger handled my life dat period but I was most broken because of d fact that someone I called a brother could turn his back on me so easily
that experience alone made me learn never to depend on anyone.

fast forward to some years later, he contacted me pretending he didn't know wat happened, I poured everything to his face, forgave him and moved on
na wa oooo shocked
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=callmeRichie post=88428249][/quote]

My dear, I wonder how some people reason at times.

Now, I'll have to either face the same person I ran away from for the rest of my life or stop visiting my sis.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2020

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by rapid101(m): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2020
Nelsonnwagbo:
i swear bro ur story pain me . . . Pure betrayal
bro I see it normal. shit happen
life goes on bro .it is well

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by na2016: 11:18am On Apr 14, 2020
Jaysleeves:
I was betrayed at work by my superior and it cost me my job, there's a document called P.T.W. " Permit to work document ". It's a written legal document that grant permission and authorization to commence a task. Usually high risk task, my immediate boss and i are both signatories to that document, i.e. I have to sign and my immediate boss as well. I did my part. Inspect work areas, got authorized by the PM and only needed my direct boss to sign to commence operation. I called him on radio as I was on the site. I.e an high rise tower of 34 floors and we were on the 34th level, My boss gave me a verbal permission to tell the guys to commence work even without him signing the permit. I was adamant and reluctant saying it's was against ethical practice, but he insisted that there isn't any problem. So I gave the go ahead only to be called that the companies "HSE Manger" is on site and on her way to supervise our activity, I was worried but not bothered as I was only following instructions from senior supervisor beside he is to take the blame. How wrong was I, to my uttermost surprise my boss denied me and claim he wasn't even aware of the designated task. I was shocked, I couldn't even say a word other workers came to my aid and said he was lying but all fell on deaf ears. This is a man I trusted so much as I have never in my life thought that this man can do such, my appointment was terminated for incompetency. It's painful but I have forgiven him. My only mistake was TRUST.

This happens a lot on so many sites. if you don't get anything signed physically, don't proceed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by seanwilliam(m): 11:19am On Apr 14, 2020
sirblend:

Your sister is your immediate family member. You can't do anything about it. Same blood with you.
Even you made up your mind not to help others, don't do the same to your immediate family member.
Let love reign between you and your siblings...
No one knows tomorrow.
I know bro.. but she no fit do that kind thing for me.. this woman no single handedly send 2k for me when I dey school .. although I be man and no fit dey expect/ wait for help from her.. but people wey fit do what I did are very rare.. even my parents were surprised that I could do it. It was my fhucking first salary bro. so any money I no fit forget, I no dey borrow again..( with exceptions of health issues, or other life threatening cases
for her o ).. but the only persons I fit do anything for na my two parents ( those two really sacrificed for me.. I just wish my husle pays quick make I repay them their good deeds)..

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by LadyHeaven(f): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2020
Ije Uwa, I recently felt betrayed and let down by a "friend" of almost 12 years, I only just poured out my heart yesterday and unfriended the clown. Funny enough I felt peace. May God surround us with compassionate and kind people and always help us reciprocate kindness. Amen

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Godsfavour78: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2020
Pascopele:
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️
i know he will be one of those on the ecurrency exchange thread thats they all behave thinking they are smart.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Samuels90: 11:23am On Apr 14, 2020
bestabigaelever:

Morning boss
It's because people have been "freeing" her that's why she get chance to hurt me but I will make sure she never hurt anyone anymore
Trust kwa?? If only u knew the gravity of what she did
I really appreciate you boss
I have seen your comments ma'am, don't b bitter. Forgive and let go, life ain't worth d stress of hurting another who hurt you. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Eberechi24(f): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2020
XD57:

Go concentrate your energy on finding a husband Ebere
I don find you. I no dey find again.

It's Eberechi not Ebere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.