Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,802 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (67834 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ramsey19: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2020
ednut1:
canada own is about 4.6m expenses for the visa parols will be about 900k to 1m. Check canada pr thread to see if you qualify
Aiit sir, Thanks.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2020
hammed71:
that proof of funds na blockade for most people, Canada and Australia only wants rich and skilled people. what's the essence of migration if you only need rich and skilled people

Every country wants the best and brightest. That's, people who are less likely to commit a crime, constitute public nuisance or become destitutes in the society. Compare the quality of Nigerians who migrated to Singapore and Malaysia.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
ednut1:
less likely to do crime or yahoo. If they take anyhow people without skills how do they fit in or even integrate. Use Malaysia as example yahoo boys took over. For canada own the money part there is way around it. The money is supposed to be in your account so get a relative to gift you
Malaysia don cast- I don't think they give tourist visa,student visa, or permanent residence again to Nigerians grin. The damage some Nigerians did to our reputation through drug smuggling and fraudulent activities will remain in their memories for time immemorial.They all wanted to drive Benz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-kE3UTR-Z8
And a few Nigerians that slipped through the tracks to get into Canada have been trying to replicate the same activities. Canada is one of the few countries that is still open to Nigerians, we can't afford to have a USA like temporary ban on permanent residency that was specifically imposed on us.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Papacypaul:
@Rud, Please which country in Europe has prospect for Civil Engineers from Nigeria, or those ones that allow stay after post graduate studies.

Note :The only way is through Msc Scholarship of Ptdf, Commonwealth, Nnpc/Total e.t.c as IELTS is unaffordable.
The countries I know of in Europe are:
United Kingdom which recently changed their policy and stated they will give 2 years post graduate work permit
Netherlands- 12 months post graduate work permit
Germany- 18 months post graduate work permit
Norway- offers 12 month post graduate work permit,
Sweden 6 months post graduate work permit
Finland -6 months postgraduate work permit
France- 2 years post graduate work permit.
My advise is to always go with the country that offers the longest post graduate work permit and that is within your budget. It takes time to find a job in Europe, even if you did several internships.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
Forget U.K. o. No matter how you try getting PR is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Brits are very selfish and conny. I have never heard or seen in person that studied in the U.K., and got PR eventually except they married a citizen or some sort.
RuudVanNisteroy:

The countries I know of in Europe are:
United Kingdom which recently changed their policy and stated they will give 2 years post graduate work permit
Netherlands- 12 months post graduate work permit
Germany- 18 months post graduate work permit
Norway- offers 12 month post graduate work permit,
Sweden 6 months post graduate work permit
Finland -6 months postgraduate work permit

My advise is to always go with the country that offers the longest post graduate and that is within your budget. It takes time to find a job in Europe, even if you did several internships.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Forget U.K. o. No matter how you try getting PR is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Brits are very selfish and conny. I have never heard or seen in person that studied in the U.K., and got PR eventually except they married a citizen or some sort.
I know many Nigerians that got their PR after their studies before 2012. You are likely referring to the period when a law was enacted by former Prime Minister Theresa May,which made it impossible for international students to get PR and was kept in place from 2012-2019.

Boris Johnson made a change to the law in 2019 and international students will get 2 year work permits. And hopefully things will return to the glory days before 2012, when majority of Nigerians were able to get jobs and get permanent residency in U.K. As long as you got work experience during your undergraduate or master you were almost guaranteed job after graduation in UK before 2012.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nothing is going to return to normal. How a country claim they’re friendly to immigrants but intend to increase IHS fee to £620 per year from October? Leave European Union because they want to be more “independent” & not share their resources with other EU countries?

Do you know that most Nigerians work more than 20 hours a week & that comes back to affect them when they apply for PR? You see an engineering student doing care work because that’s the easily available job he can get to pay off tuition balance and survive. At the end of the day that work experience is totally irrelevant because it does not relate to your field of study or career plans.

Let’s even talk about getting a job after CONVID19, do you think there’s a chance in job market where so many Britains are unemployed? Or a job market where companies are closing up & filing bankruptcy?

I don’t know how things were before 2012 so I can’t talk on that but getting PR in the U.K. is now harder than ever. They keep introducing new rules everyday.

U.K. only benefits those that are wealthy enough to pay off their fees so you can study well , and utilise opportunities offered to enhance your employability.
RuudVanNisteroy:

I know many Nigerians that got their PR after their studies before 2012. You are likely referring to the period when a law was enacted by former Prime Minister Theresa May,which made it impossible for international students to get PR and was kept in place from 2012-2019.

Boris Johnson made a change to the law in 2019 and international students will get 2 year work permits. And hopefully things will return to the glory days before 2012, when majority of Nigerians were able to get jobs and get permanent residency in U.K. As long as you got work experience during your undergraduate or master you were almost guaranteed job after graduation in UK before 2012.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by hodari: 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ejusni:

You need help, you keep hurling insults like a troglodyte.
Chairman, abeg no vex. The first insult was just tongue in cheek. But the second one ehn, I will never stop insulting these monkeys we call African leaders.

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by hodari: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
ednut1:
bitter truth. Most are living in past glory. China has stolen most of their markets
Abi oo. Onyibos were happy to export their pollution to China not knowing the Chinkos don shine eye already. Now these guys have moved into all sectors including IT-see Tencent, Alibaba, JD.com, Baidu, Tiktok, etc. The Chinkos are launching their own Blockchain currency next month to finish Dollar. Onyibo cast.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by adrenaline02: 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

What did you graduate in and do you have at least a year's work experience?
Studied Pharmacology and have experience in logistics
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by adrenaline02: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

What did you graduate in and do you have at least a year's work experience?
yes I have at least a year experience
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by themaestro08(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I found a large number of the students parents are either in government or government contractors.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by BelieverDE: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hello RuudVanNisteroy,

Thanks for all you do here on this thread. I would like to ask about the possibility of an individual obtaining a permanent residence permit with a professional job outside his field of study.

That is, would I be granted permanent residence in a country after getting an IT job (e.g Germany), when my Master's course of study is Geophysics?

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:36am On Apr 21, 2020
adrenaline02:

Studied Pharmacology and have experience in logistics
You are good to go. Just apply and follow the requirements.

And if you don't have to finance start saving. This can be a long-term goal.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 21, 2020
BelieverDE:
Hello RuudVanNisteroy,

Thanks for all you do here on this thread. I would like to ask about the possibility of an individual obtaining a permanent residence permit with a professional job outside his field of study.

That is, would I be granted permanent residence in a country after getting an IT job (e.g Germany), when my Master's course of study is Geophysics?

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.
I know most countries don't require you to get a job in your field. You could have graduated with an Engineering degree and filed for permanent residence with a fast food supervisor position.

What they have is a National Occupational Classification of different job titles that usually required a University degree or Diploma. And as long as you get any job under that classification and you are able to file for permanent residency after a certain time period usually 6 months-12 months.

For example in Canada you can graduate in any degree and as long as you get a job under skill set 0-B under their National Occuptional Classification and work at least 1 year full-time in that job you can file for permanent residence

If you have one year I.T experience even in a Nigerian bank you are able to file for permanent residence. If you work for a reputable organization it is easier for them to verify your work experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ChiefDaddy1: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Hello guys. Please how true is this and can someone cofirm if Nigeria is included?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 21, 2020
ChiefDaddy1:
Hello guys. Please how true is this and can someone cofirm if Nigeria is included?
Nigerians were already temporarily banned from permanent residency in USA a few months ago.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:14am On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy what are the best ways for a software developer to japa from Africa? I know there's a ton of remote jobs but that will mean you to stay here. Is there anyway to get a job that takes you there.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Any similar package for the Netherlands?
RuudVanNisteroy:

I know most countries don't require you to get a job in your field. You could have graduated with an Engineering degree and filed for permanent residence with a fast food supervisor position.

What they have is a National Occupational Classification of different job titles that usually required a University degree or Diploma. And as long as you get any job under that classification and you are able to file for permanent residency after a certain time period usually 6 months-12 months.

For example in Canada you can graduate in any degree and as long as you get a job under skill set 0-B under their National Occuptional Classification and work at least 1 year full-time in that job you can file for permanent residence

If you have one year I.T experience even in a Nigerian bank you are able to file for permanent residence. If you work for a reputable organization it is easier for them to verify your work experience.

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Naijalastborn come and relate your experience
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Craigbrown4076:
Any similar package for the Netherlands?
Netherlands has similar requirements if your on a student that just graduated or ona work visa :

- you have a 12 month period to find a job that offers you a full-time position or contract for at least 12 months and pays you a minimim amount ehy specify.

- After you you complete the 12 months work requirement you get a Blue Card which is valid pan Europe and given for 33 months. By then after 33 months you should have completed the time living and working in Netherlands to apply for a PR.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by babakb: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Netherlands has similar requirements if your on a student that just graduated or ona work visa :

- you have a 12 month period to find a job that offers you a full-time position or contract for at least 12 months and pays you a minimim amount ehy specify.

- After you you complete the 12 months work requirement you get a Blue Card which is valid pan Europe and given for 33 months. By then after 33 months you should have completed the time living and working in Netherlands to apply for a PR.

Please my CRS is less than 400 points with no chance of going any higher but someone advised me to learn French and become Bilingual that I may get a PNP invite.

Is it true that French can really add some advantage for me?

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thanks Sir. Let's talk work permit. Can i apply in the IT sector and get a job?
RuudVanNisteroy:

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
babakb:

Please my CRS is less than 400 points with no chance of going any higher but someone advised me to learn French and become Bilingual that I may get a PNP invite.

Is it true that French can really add some advantage for me?
yes. New Brunswick pnp
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by babakb: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
yes. New Brunswick pnp

Good to hear that men, I will use this to learn French at least to the level getting Band 5 in TEF exams, and we will see what happens next...

Thanks.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
themaestro08:

It seems you are unaware of the fact that the German route is also open and easy.

One would ask how? Its quite straightforward.

Apply to a Germany university ( Public universities are tuition-free). However, you need a block account(roughly 4.5m) Whether Bsc or MSC once you graduate, you can apply for residence permit which typically last 18 months, once you get a job you can apply for permanent residence. Live there for 8 years and you are eligible to apply for citizenship.

I like Germany tho but hate the shitty weather. It's always raining
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by BelieverDE: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
Craigbrown4076:
Thanks Sir. Let's talk work permit. Can i apply in the IT sector and get a job?

Of course, you can!
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
BelieverDE:

Of course, you can!
Ok Sir, thank you. I just hope it won't be remotely. Besides, what other sectors can one get work permit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

See The ₦155m Lamborghini That Every Plane Must Follow At Italy's Airport / Just Collected My International Passport / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.