Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (98995 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by lastclaire4(f): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2020
Cowbell521:

lastclaire4, na ur definition for humility be dis.........n
Na wie humility dey take lead to be dis....

This is not humility but foolishness at its peak, which is a repercussion of sin. I will say sin because, before he took up such responsibility, it means he must have been lying at home to get more more from his parents or sponsors. Which student gives someone 30k? His elder brother that is sponsoring him doesnt spend the money like that. It brings me to what I earlier told u of today when I mentioned ibeto or otedola.

The girl being an anambra girl is probably calculating her gains. She is hoping to get someone better and she shouldn't lie about it. In fact let me stop here and talk to the OP.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Erosion2020: 12:44am On Apr 21, 2020
caylakays:
Lol....same with me... I can't marry and ebonyi man. Even my parents won't support it. U guys have a long way to go in reviving ur image
Exactly why kick my gf then and she's still licking her wound up till this moment.
Who are you to reject Ebonyi man, are you in anyway better than him in all spheres?
What image are you talking about? Ok we should join the bandwagon of Ndi ogwuego turning one of our kid to imbeci.
Or should start kidnapping to fill ur bank account?
Tell me any biz u are today that u won't find Ebonyi people in it.
U are a lady and ur people taught u how to hate Ndi Ebonyi for no reason because they're not doing ihe Ike to make money.
Abeg shift.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Benjamin4388(m): 12:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks

Really can cultural difference make two lovers part ways?.especially when they both educated..I wouldn't even want to marry or be a friend with a person with such beliefs..i hesitated to comment before when you wrote that you can accept any kind of insult and she is your first love..I fear despite any advice given..this girl can just walk into your life with any format and she would b accepted..I feel you have been advised enough.you know how those guys played with different ladies with perfection..just that you in the 30% when the lady played with different guys.. probably you were just a marriage option when mr good dicky or "player boy chidi importer" and other preferred bettrr option didn't click.looks one of them responded well and you have already served your purpose of bread winner and freelance offline school worker..move on..if you like accept her back when that one no work..na you and your village people problem
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by REDshouse(m): 12:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
will u marry my sister...one mans meat is another man Covid
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Benjamin4388(m): 12:48am On Apr 21, 2020
Go listen to wande cole_ ode lo like
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Femeto: 12:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Na man house she dey.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by lastclaire4(f): 12:53am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks

Op you have sinned and fallen short of the glory if God. You know what I am talking about. If you dont know j will tell you. You have been lying at home in order to get more money from your sponsor. That is the only reason you could take up a full time job of sponsoring a fellow student.

Better take up what is remaining of your dignity and move on. That girl is probably hoping to meet someone better that is the fact. How come her makes a decision she will just stand by it. If she truly wanted you she will try to fight her mother's decision bu going through a close person the mother respects and all.

Nobody sows maize and reap apple. You have received yours for lying she will also receive her own. My advice is that if u have to cry l, cry very well. It is not easy to walk away. Trust me, as you are feeling she is probably going to feel same way. Turn to God tell him you are sorry and work hard. But of in the future, she comes back never accept her back.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by AlphaMajestic: 12:53am On Apr 21, 2020
dude ur from ebonyi state...normally ebonyi state people are mentally unstable...look at what your writing on a public platform for people to advice you on...how you gave a girl 8k bla bla bla...tufia gi...

go and marry your fellow ebonyi state girls and let that girl just go...you dont match with her at all...how long will it take you to know that shes just smarter than you
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by nanauju(f): 12:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks

Are you ready to move on...? If yes then do.

Most times people come to NL to let it out, and not necessarily to receive any body's advice no matter how good. I don't know if you fall in this category

But as far as ur relationship is concerned, it's over the moment she started asking for her mother's consent whether to marry u or not. She probably never brought it up with her mum sef. Just count it as a loose, an investment gone bad, and move. Time heals all wound
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Erosion2020: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2020
UwaMmebii:

Lol this is serious. Ebonyians have a long way to go indeed cheesy
Hurt but u are right... This Gwoni chap story makes sleep comot for my eyes, what makes you a smart guy is to see them before them see u.
Immediately I find out u are not with me for real, game we go dey play, infact na u go run when I swindle both u and ur mum join.
Agwo emero Ife ijiri buru agwo umuaka achikoo yacheesy
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 21, 2020
fattprince:

Op has this bro has said she will come back. So here is where my own advice comes in. Anytime she comes make sure you kick her ass out of your face. I mean it literally. Like tell her you don't want her again then she will beg you while shedding tears but don't say anything. Then when she realise that you wouldn't heed to her pleading and when she wants to start going KICK HER IN HER BUTT. Then tell her to go fvck with her Enugu guys
She might come back, but not for marriage. Just leave her; God will bring a better person. There are beautiful and level-headed Ebonyi girls to marry.

This scenario once happened to an Ebonyi guy in medical school. He did a lot for that Anambra girl who promised to marry him. Unknown to him, she had accepted another Anambra guy's proposal, and immediately both of them graduated from medical school, she told him that she wanted to go home and would be back very soon. On getting home, the guy called her but she told him that her mom said that she didn't want her daughter to marry from Ebonyi State. So, leave her. Most Anambra girls and Anambra people in general hate Ebonyi State people, particularly Abakaliki. God will replenish your effort with a good wife. Human beings are equal before God. Anambrarians discriminate a lot.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Obidikejr(m): 12:56am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
Ignorant boys, una no de hear word. Women got no chill.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by pacificom: 12:56am On Apr 21, 2020
This thing happened to a lot of men. Believe that is part of the sacrifices you have to make for you to meet the right partner of your dream. Take it with good faith, and move on. Someone special is awaiting you ahead.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Benjamin4388(m): 12:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Erosion2020:
Exactly why kick my gf then and she's still licking her wound up till this moment.
Who are you to reject Ebonyi man, are you in anyway better than him in all spheres?
What image are you talking about? Ok we should join the bandwagon of Ndi ogwuego turning one of our kid to imbeci.
U are a lady and ur people taught u how to hate Ndi Ebonyi for no reason because they're not doing ihe Ike to make money.
Abeg shift.

You can never be understood by someone with such altitude..someone who can't break the yolk of dogma..reason some cannot grow..we just accept the social and cultural trend without having a critical , personalize knowledge and in depth view of such matter...

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by 9ijaNews: 12:59am On Apr 21, 2020
Dude is more worried about the money he spent..been there, done that, and have moved on.. your happiness is more important than any woman..you must have trained another person's wife without knowing..anyway, such is life. Women will come and go..never let any woman take away ur happiness. I believe God will reward u with a much better babe.. just keep urself busy and motivated, it will be a win in the end
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by chrizzyace: 1:00am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*

Hehe dj marxx7 i hail thee! you come drop mic join lol...

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Erosion2020: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2020
AlphaMajestic:
dude ur from ebonyi state...normally ebonyi state people are mentally unstable...look at what your writing on a public platform for people to advice you on...how you gave a girl 8k bla bla bla...tufia gi...

go and marry your fellow ebonyi state girls and let that girl just go...you dont match with her at all...how long will it take you to know that shes just smarter than you
Gwoni u see am? ATM machine, minting Ordinary 8k for nwa Anambra.
This one says we're mentally unstable lolgrin

Time will tell.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Obidikejr(m): 1:03am On Apr 21, 2020
fredopareto:
shey na talk u talk Naw..so he should wait wen she don test all guyz.wat is assurance dt she will mak a u turn..can u accept it ?
Like bro, The guy is not wise at all at all.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by comrChris(m): 1:03am On Apr 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Try not to get a lady from anambra next time. It's only a few family that will allow their kids marry from Ebonyi.. I don't know why but that's just how it is. Good luck
who told you this? I'm from Afikpo, I can't count how many anambra women married to my place.
Even my brother married from anambra.

Op the girl never loved you, she just used Ebonyi as an excuse.. Move on

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 21, 2020
So we still have this kind of mumu guys in this country grin grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by grandstar(m): 1:07am On Apr 21, 2020
UwaMmebii:
Sorry OP.. it's so painful. All men have in one way or the other fall maga but we learn through our mistakes. But wait oh, why are girls from other Igbo states always rejecting men from ebonyi state in marriage?? I just can't understand. This reminds me about my Sister's friend who rejected a man all because he is from ebonyi. Upon everything the man did for this particular lady.. na wa for some gal Sha.

On spending part, just like the guy above me said never use money to start a relationship with a girl. This is the worst mistake I made. There is this particular lady I always tell how much I make every day while trading, the bitch wanted to capitalize on that to drain me. Thank God I wake up early and put her to where she belong.

Ebonyi's are the poorest of the core Igbo's. They are simple and overly ambitious.. They are basically like other tribes.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Truthshurts: 1:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks

Super story.... who was there when it started
U have learnt another lesson in woman”s world
Thank God for ur life.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by kaykad: 1:07am On Apr 21, 2020
i can't imagine pple are still backward in thinking, we are in the same Nigeria and we are this tribalistic, because of our ways oyibo pple was able to penetrate us and took our brothers ways to far away land as slaves with the helps of the local/our neighbours. and yet we call oyinbo racist. human being are just the issue
Erosion2020:
Abeg shift.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
Let the financial assistance end there! U did it for God! No more sacrifice
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Grateful02(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2020
Abeg which uni you been get Bsc from love matters??

MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by middlebelter(m): 1:11am On Apr 21, 2020
Young man, I call you that because I have over 10 years experience in marriage I think I am not a novice. Listen and understand the following :

You are the architect of your own fortune or misfortune, sound decision is what you need to succeed and good relationships with God.

Now as a medical student please face your study and excel, it may be difficult but you have to forget about the lady completely (at least for now). Don't allow her to play on your emotions because that can affect your performance and God forbids if you fail, she will mock you. I doubt if she deserves your love.
Ask yourself, and be very objective, what is/ are attracting me to this girl? Is it her beauty, you can get a more beautiful girl, it is her brain, you can get a more brilliant girl and perhaps is it her love for you?

When you finish your MBBS successfully, you can take your time to look for the sound attributes you desire and go for it
But to get stocked with a woman that does not love you is attempting to shake water out of a mighty Iroko tree. Don't try it you will only hurt yourself.
Marry the one who love you more than you love her and your love for that person will grow as you see her exhibits love for you.

Finally, I doubt if this girl is telling you the truth about her mother. It maybe she's targeting another man and probably has even used your money to travel to the other man's place. You can test this by asking her to allow you greet her mother.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by comrChris(m): 1:13am On Apr 21, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

How did you come to conclusion that Ebonyi people are mentally unstable? Somebody that helps her academically is mentally unstable to you right? I'm from Afikpo and also a student in unizik, I can tell u no body I have come across in that school both in my class is smarter than me.
What's actually killing anambrians is pride, people are beginning to see it and they will regret it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by chidifrank(m): 1:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:

Anambra people hardly marry other ibo people, except enugu. They're very selective and no matter the love, they must first of all get their parents approval. I once loved an anambra man. The rest is history
Infact if i ever come across an anambra guy toasting me again, I jump and pass. Let them marry themselves.
hi can we get to know each other. i just sent a pm to your mail here
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 21, 2020
DominusPrime:
I'm happy you've braced up for insults. You are a really big fool not to know that you cannot train a lady through the university and she will end up with you. Only a minute number will. A whole medical student? This gullible? When in my school medical students are the most sought after you are here being fooled by a young girl.
Let me tell you what a girl told me just b4 she broke up with her bf cos of a doctor. Her mum told her that even though she's studying mls she must come back with a doctor as husband o. Cos the other girls who are marrying doctors don't have extra breast and yansh and she cannot understand why she will send her to medical school and she will say she married a radiographer...
To be honest that is the most wicked thing I've heard a mother tell her daughter about any man in the medical field irrespective of designation but that's to tell u how much doctors are sought after cos everyone knows they run out of the country once they are done. So for u to be played for a fool right from 200 level beats me. Now who is better off after you both count your losses? Of course she is cos that money you gave her could have been used to better yourself or just left in the bank to accumulate dust. Hope you've learnt your life lesson. We as men must fall mugu to get wisdom. All of us bashing you have been in this shoes but yours is by far the dumbest I've ever seen.

Wait, you even passed up an opportunity to travel out cos of her? Ah my brother whomever do you this thing no go die well...even the ladies here would laugh at your stupidity...
Your advice is ok, but you went too far. He really loves the girl, and even if there are dozens of more beautiful girls, he will not look their ways. So, he's not stupid. That's why love is blind. It blindfolded him not to see the danger lurking around. He'll finally realize his mistake and make amends.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by juman(m): 1:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Go for ebonyi lady.
There are many of them.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Rockyfancino(m): 1:23am On Apr 21, 2020
The truth is there's nothing you can do that you'll not get worked up about this. The reason is because you have genuine love towards her. As someone said, leave her be, she'll come back when she eventually finds out you're the best. Sometimes, I just wish men in love will just get out of it but no, it starts getting stronger and things become violent and disrespectful towards you him. A little bit of long distance for some month without call helps to clear the head. Women aren't worth the effort, that's the bitter truth... Your life and progress should be the most important thing to you... One day, you'll snap out of it and wonder why you were just so keyed on this particular girl.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by olaremint(m): 1:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Man, u just dodged a bullet with that girl, don't let me tell u stories, that babe has been hindering your progress, if u don't let her go for ever, it will get worse. Some babes are like that, they come into your life and mess it up. Run for dear life and never look back, if u do u will surely Regret It.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Mr Nairaland - December 2014 Edition: Semifinals! / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed / Abuja Lady Catches Her Gateman On Her Bed With His Unclad Girlfriend (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.