Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (99044 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by toprealman: 1:33am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
Calling you names won't make any sense. You have a great family support....your elder brother is a legend!
As for the girl, marrying her as a wife is going to end in tears. She never liked you, only there for the freebies. Get yourself a more deserving girl....you still have age on your side.
Play this game with her. Tell her you are leaving the country immediately this COVID-19 shill ends, that you want to travel with a Nigerian girl rather than settling for a white girl you brother wants to arrange. Feedback from her will confirm that you never had a girlfriend all along.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by McStoic(m): 1:37am On Apr 21, 2020
zexy2030:

This is the mistake he made. Another point even ibos fear anambra, it is mostly anambra to anambra. Then if eventually she marries you, she married you for ur resources which she believes would become hers after having kids for you.
In short Anams are very selfish sets of beings.

Fact
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by McStoic(m): 1:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:
Anambra people trended on twitter the other day.
My advice for anyone dating anambra person, if you're not from the place yourself is to see the person's people one on one and find out where you stand before you go any further.
They hardly marry non indigenes.
Too bad. Leave those folks and money

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by djon78(m): 1:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Erosion2020:
Gwoni u see am? ATM machine, minting Ordinary 8k for nwa Anambra.
This one says we're mentally unstable lolgrin

Time will tell.

Bia you shouldn't take these things serious though it can be painful.
I am from Anambra
And true there are lots of stereotypes going on
But you shouldn't let that define you

I think the op was used by the babe
Bringing her mom in was just a decoy
She just never loved that guy
And the guy genuinely loved her
But she never valued it because she doesn't understand what real treasures are.

It's not about Anambra it's more about the individual and character of the person.
We all are one. My cousin sister is married to an Ebony man. They live in Nnewi
And she has supported her husband who had nothing when they married.
Today they are millionaires.
They run same business and are doing well. If my people want to do all those nwa
Abakaliki stuff. Trust my cousin, she shine eye well we'll, they go just clear road.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by jonahhh: 1:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Spaceclenzy1:
Is one of those things.. She might still come back.. Women are jst like dat.. Dnt beat urself up too much.. Loving can never be a crime no matter the outcome.. U did all that because u love her.. She jst feel lik confirming hw it will be outside.. When she test other guys she will come back.. Don't beat urself up at all

So you think after she's done sharing her body to different guys that didn't help her you want the op to take her back and tend to her over used pussy... Op abeg do not listen to them. She is cheating and wont stop you're just the one she runs to for help bt her heart is really somewhere else find another woman that will add value to your life
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by djon78(m): 2:01am On Apr 21, 2020
comrChris:
who told you this? I'm from Afikpo, I can't count how many anambra women married to my place.
Even my brother married from anambra.

Op the girl never loved you, she just used Ebonyi as an excuse.. Move on

Same thing I said
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by ginger2swagger(m): 2:04am On Apr 21, 2020
My brother, you just have to forget about her and focus on the task ahead of you.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by vineyardfarms: 2:09am On Apr 21, 2020
After the tunnel there must be light. You where not met to be together. There is more to it in marriage than you can imagine. Move on with your life and studies. God bless you.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by izibili44: 2:12am On Apr 21, 2020
brother brace up.Let her be for now just face your study better still work towards coming abroad.Been a doctor here na them go dey rush you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*

Please send me your account no. Let me send you something. You burst my brain My Man

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by nick50(m): 2:19am On Apr 21, 2020
Before i comment let me go and read ' dangers of a one sided story' i will be back!
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Erosion2020: 2:24am On Apr 21, 2020
djon78:

Bia you shouldn't take these things serious though it can be painful.
I am from Anambra
And true there are lots of stereotypes going on
But you shouldn't let that define you

I think the op was used by the babe
Bringing her mom in was just a decoy
She just never loved that guy
And the guy genuinely loved her
But she never valued it because she doesn't understand what real treasures are.

It's not about Anambra it's more about the individual and character of the person.
We all are one. My cousin sister is married to an Ebony man. They live in Nnewi
And she has supported her husband who had nothing when they married.
Today they are millionaires.
They run same business and are doing well. If my people want to do all those nwa
Abakaliki stuff. Trust my cousin, she shine eye well we'll, they go just clear road.
hope you see the comments I quoted from.
I don't shoot anyhow.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by superlightning: 2:32am On Apr 21, 2020
IloveToMess:

I knew you would say that. But i know you are from Abia.

normally, abians don't talk except when pulled into the occasion.

Abians don't relish marrying anambra whether male or female. it's either we marry from our own abia, or akwa ibom, imo, cross river or Delta. we hardly discriminate ebonyi even. Remember our afikpo brethren are in the present day ebonyi. WE DONT DISCRIMINATE.

you guys overrate anambra too much in marriage. please please we abians are too sophisticated for that. our girls and guys are enough for us. it is AROCHUKWU girls/guys you want to bypass? or ohafia? or bende? or umuahia? isikwuato nko? ngwa is even so large that they don't bother marrying within abia, rivers or akwaibom.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Judybash93(m): 2:36am On Apr 21, 2020
The truth of the matter is, you became her financial backbone and that was it, you weren't her lover. It's okay brov!!! Learn from it and move on. There's no reason to stay. Moreover, her reason for not accepting you is just so freaking lame. Aren't we in the 21st century? I hope not to meet a lady like her though
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by gentuj: 2:40am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
I know its not easy but it will be better for u to accept it and move in because if u beg her to stay/marry u,u will continue to beg to stay in the marriage for the rest of ur life.Worst that can happen to man is to marry a woman that doesn't love him and that's what I see.There is a woman for u out there . take a deep breath and move and u will be happy u did.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 21, 2020
Viking007:
Seun, please we need more options than just 'Like'. Can we start sending money directly to people with intelligent comments? cheesy
Lmao...this got me laughing o...if only we could convert likes to money sha...
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by superlightning: 2:44am On Apr 21, 2020
IloveToMess:

It seems you are from Ebonyi or Abia, i get why you want to include IMO by fire by force.

pls she isn't attaching anything. and abians don't play attache to imolites please. we are above that.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by oseneh: 2:45am On Apr 21, 2020
Spaceclenzy1:
Is one of those things.. She might still come back.. Women are jst like dat.. Dnt beat urself up too much.. Loving can never be a crime no matter the outcome.. U did all that because u love her.. She jst feel lik confirming hw it will be outside.. When she test other guys she will come back.. Don't beat urself up at all

then when she comes back, he should accept her abi
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Cousin9999: 2:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Leave her and focus on your career. Even if she stays, that's not a woman you want as a partner.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 21, 2020
Mandeyy:
Your advice is ok, but you went too far. He really loves the girl, and even if there are dozens of more beautiful girls, he will not look their ways. So, he's not stupid. That's why love is blind. It blindfolded him not to see the danger lurking around. He'll finally realize his mistake and make amends.
See ehn...I really cant stand people who are soft at the wrong time and I'll tell u why. You say he really loves the girl. That's deceit. He only thinks he did. Same thing that happens to a decent girl when she gets disvirgined by a guy. Most of the girls stay attached for so long but they think they are in love. Years later they've moved on and even love others more if I may use that word. It's his investments in her and young age couples with inexperience that makes you think he loves her. If he meets another girl and falls in love with her do u think he will spend so much again on her? Does it now mean he loves her less? So don't think all he did for her was out of love. Even he thought so but time will prove that it wasnt as he grows up and experiences other girls. And to me love isn't blind. I enter into a relationship with my eyes open. I sit down and take a conscious decision to be with a person after studying her. I know how to see or feel butterflies or all that rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by oseneh: 2:49am On Apr 21, 2020
DominusPrime:
I'm happy you've braced up for insults. You are a really big fool not to know that you cannot train a lady through the university and she will end up with you. Only a minute number will. A whole medical student? This gullible? When in my school medical students are the most sought after you are here being fooled by a young girl.
Let me tell you what a girl told me just b4 she broke up with her bf cos of a doctor. Her mum told her that even though she's studying mls she must come back with a doctor as husband o. Cos the other girls who are marrying doctors don't have extra breast and yansh and she cannot understand why she will send her to medical school and she will say she married a radiographer...
To be honest that is the most wicked thing I've heard a mother tell her daughter about any man in the medical field irrespective of designation but that's to tell u how much doctors are sought after cos everyone knows they run out of the country once they are done. So for u to be played for a fool right from 200 level beats me. Now who is better off after you both count your losses? Of course she is cos that money you gave her could have been used to better yourself or just left in the bank to accumulate dust. Hope you've learnt your life lesson. We as men must fall mugu to get wisdom. All of us bashing you have been in this shoes but yours is by far the dumbest I've ever seen.

Wait, you even passed up an opportunity to travel out cos of her? Ah my brother whomever do you this thing no go die well...even the ladies here would laugh at your stupidity...

Guy, because you manage to be wise in your own words, that is why you are insulting someone who made a mistake, ride on.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 21, 2020
oseneh:

Guy, because you manage to be wise in your own words, that is why you are insulting someone who made a mistake, ride on.
That insult na for make e sink in well well. No hard feelings at all...if I know am later in life we go laugh over the whole thing. That's why we are men.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by MARX77(m): 2:57am On Apr 21, 2020
BabaJoe001:

Please send me your account no. Let me send you something. You burst my brain My Man

Lol, Boss
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Lambarry1: 3:01am On Apr 21, 2020
I cant Believe all this tales by moonlight is from a prospective medical doctor from a Nigerian University.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by DONarranger: 3:03am On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Giwoni post=88616841]My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
[/quotse]

Dude, count your loss and move oh. As we speak right now, babe is been knacked somewhere.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by MARX77(m): 3:03am On Apr 21, 2020
Chidonc:

Brother what is your brand again. Make I order

Made of BLACK, OG
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Jovi123(f): 3:10am On Apr 21, 2020
Las Las to marry Anambra girl no easy as far as u are not from Anambra, you can only marry an Anambra girl if she loves you
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by superlightning: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks

to be honest dude, you proved to her that you are a typical "abakaliki mugu" in quote, no offense intended.

Anambra used to be the 'lepers' of the past in terms of marriage, but they rebranded themselves by playing reverse psychology on men like you. make no mistake, I perceive you to be a respectable person.

Anambra do it to other states, but we place them on their level. Sometimes they play the superiority card on themselves. So please don't take it personal, that's anambra people for you.

God has answered your prayers by pushing that girl away from you. you deserve someone worth your sweat.

I have dated anambra ladies, they can be fun and sweet especially when they see the rich-guy prospect in you, but I can tell you that they aren't worth the stress you may want to subject yourself to when it comes to marriage. however, there will always be an open minded anambra family somewhere that will appreciate you. But just DONT think that anambarians are generally open minded, they aren't. They are clannish when it comes to marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by superlightning: 3:12am On Apr 21, 2020
Jovi123:
Las Las to marry Anambra girl no easy as far as u are not from Anambra, you can only marry an Anambra girl if she loves you

yet they seem to be the ones filling the prayer houses for a dream husband. Don't think too highly of yourselves.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Bush2013: 3:15am On Apr 21, 2020
Nuel4:
my penis Wil never rise in front of a woman that said that to me. My ego is way too huge for that kind of talk from a woman.
Very pathetic bro. My relationship with anyone who alters that words to me will never be thesame again even if na my father lol
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Bush2013: 3:17am On Apr 21, 2020
xrayj:

Pls see if u can meet up with the op and orientate him. He seems to be extremely gullible & clueless. His type usually end up committing suicide if not properly guided. Try to reach him & God bless u.
thanks will do so. I am personally pained I swear

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Leaked SEX Tape Of South African High School Students Goes Viral(photos+video) / Mr Nairaland - December 2014 Edition: Semifinals! / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.