Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? (35114 Views)

Woman’s Horror As Fillet Of Fish ‘jumps Up And Down’ While Cooking In Oven(Pix) / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / No More Stress While Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by kasim155: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ginaz:
I felt there wasn’t much salt to the rice and kept adding salt till I felt satisfied. Rice was ready and everyone had to saved their lives first instead of dying from too much salt in the liver. cheesy

Too many I can’t remember them all now .

Lol. hope it wasn't village ppl telling u to add more n more salt den. Lol.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by blank(f): 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
This was mine.

blank:
I made jollof rice with brown rice and i made a very big pot for the whole house.
First of all, no one particularly likes brown rice but eat it cos its healthy.

There was just no saving grace for the jollof rice. Will never try it again.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Jesuspikin8: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2020

3 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by kasim155: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Francejaik:
I was cooking and farting, unknowkngly to me, my guest was looking at me.

Hahahahhah. Did ur guest eat d food with u?

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Would really love to hear ishilove own smiley

Mine was when I was cooking jollof rice. I allowed the oil to get too hot before adding tin tomato before I could say Jack tomato have turned black. I had to buy another one to fry. That incident have made me paranoid. Since that day my tomato have never been done cause I'm Always putting tomatoes before the oil gets hot cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Opeolami(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
This was an experience with my late dad in the late 80's. My mother travelled to Ibadan from our base in Kano. My sisters wanted to make dinner that evening but my dad want to impress us with bitter leaf soup.

The food was ready but no one was able to eat because my dad did not wash the bitter leaf, he just washed and cook like a normal vegetable.

He was embarrassed and went out to buy us food.

4 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
sassysure:

Sorry cheesy cheesy

U never marry, born pikin that's why u feel bad cheesy.

Stop consuming salt please. U are killing your blood vessels

I don't want kids... would you believe that?

Mom used to caution me about my salt list but I have been way too obstinate to listen.

I know it's bad for me but... I just can't explain it. I mean the taste.

Apology accepted by the way, madam. smiley
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingWarri: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
beewhy009:
Mine?

Almost 20 years ago, I wanted to prepare pounded yam... I put salt in the yam while cooking and the result was flabbergasting. � All cuz I wanted to show em at home I can now cook anything! grin

Share yours and let's enjoy em! grin

I remember frying ungrounded melon saying I want to cook egusi soup....... cheesy
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingWarri: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

I don't want kids... would you believe that?

Mom used to caution me about my salt list but I have been way too obstinate to listen.

I know it's bad for me but... I just can't explain it. I mean the taste.

Apology accepted by the way, madam. smiley

Too much salt intake is dangerous... I learned it the hard way..

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by xrayj(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
ignis:
Back then during my NYSC at Calabar, I was cooking Eguisi soup and my neighbor dashed me plenty pumpkin leaf (ugu). I decided to use all the vegetable in order not to waste any because I don't have refrigerator to preserve the vegetable. The Eguisi soup automatically turned to vegetable soup.
Lolss funny
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingWarri: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Opeolami:
This was an experience with my late dad in the late 80's. My mother travelled to Ibadan from our base in Kano. My sisters wanted to make dinner that evening but my dad want to impress us with bitter leaf soup.

The food was ready but no one was able to eat because my dad did not wash the bitter leaf, he just washed and cook like a normal vegetable.

He was embarrassed and went out to buy us food.

Hahaha.... cheesy
That makes me remember how I added bitter leaf to indomie noodles thinking it was pumpkin...

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by aimmoney9: 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
beewhy009:
Mine?

Almost 20 years ago, I wanted to prepare pounded yam... I put salt in the yam while cooking and the result was flabbergasting. � All cuz I wanted to show em at home I can now cook anything! grin

Share yours and let's enjoy em! grin
EATING CUSTARD AND POPCORN WICKED COMBINATION
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by holatin(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
during Ramadan like 7 years ago, was rushing because time wasn't by my side. pour kerosene inside rice instead of groundnut oil. na so I eat am. I just can't miss that day fasting not even if I go die....mehn my faith was high those days...now God has bleeped me up
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Aphizium: 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
I poured VIM into my mum's newly prepared soup thinking it was salt...
We only noticed wen we started eating
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by blowjohn(m): 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
iamclime:

Did you regurgitate before final ingestion? grin grin

Lolll grin grin grin
For where hinger dey
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingWarri: 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jesuspikin8:

He doesn't still know till this day

That secret will follow me to my grave

You just told thousands of people no longer a secrete anymore..... tongue

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by xrayj(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gofwane:
Cooking 1 packet of Indomie noodles with about 2litres of water. The result was a pot of Indomie porridge
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingWarri: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
holatin:
during madam like 7 years ago, was rushing because time wasn't by my side. pour kerosene inside rice instead of groundnut oil. na so I eat am. I just can't miss that day fasting not even if I go die....mehn my faith was high those days...now God has bleeped me up

No.... You bleep yourself up fuckker.... tongue
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
KingWarri:

Too much salt intake is dangerous... I learned it the hard way..

Men... the warnings are getting louder.

I must retrace my steps then.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Noblejt: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
I can't just say what I was thinking that day, Just happened last 2weeks I cook yam without water . After cutting and pilling the yam I wash it and put it in a pot and set it in a stove forgetting to add water till after like 10 to 15 minutes I want to check it, I saw that some part of the yams is black and done for eating
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by pyrex23(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
yellow Liquid soap inside rice..
angry
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by e10nzy(m): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mine was my dad...he was feeling like a chef and wanted to cook egusi soup, he just carried the ugwu put inside water and poured the water away while the ugwu was still in the rubber...long story short na semo and sand we chop that day

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by holatin(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
KingWarri:

No.... You bleep yourself up fuckker.... tongue
wish nairaland can go back to when stupid kids don't populate here. go play with your toy pls
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Dajuyoung: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Your liquid soap must be morning fresh�

enemmo:
Our liquid soap was golden yellow, same colour as vegetable oil.
I was gisting and distracted, so I poured more 'oil' in the stew. I noticed the stew was 'foaming', then I realised I used liquid soap for the stew.
It was not funny o
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Happykenski(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
I remember when a friend of mine came to my house and we planed to prepare stew, both of us when to the market to buy all the necessary items including the ones I haven't buy before now. Then I gave her chance to do the needful, at the end I couldn't swallow a spoon of rice because no salt, pepper in fact I wonder if even use the many ingredients we bought. The truth be say I started rebranding after she has gone to save my money.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingWarri: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
holatin:
wish nairaland can go back to when stupid kids don't populate here. go play with your toy pls

Noooo sir..... Just give me my toy gun in between your legs..... Fuckker....
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by kebliss(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
I remember using cement instead of potash.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Francejaik(m): 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
kasim155:

Hahahahhah. Did ur guest eat d food with u?

No, she removed her phone from her handbag and started answering an imaginary call.

She excused herself; telling me that she forgot something important at home.

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Sirwallace(m): 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mine came in my part 1 when I was in school.
Those days when Mr Chef salt wasnt that popular. We used to cook with the local measured soap.
When I gain admission, I was given the sachet Mr Chef to cook with.

So I cooked concussion rice with mr chef using the same quantity of salt I would have used with the measured one.

Na that dey I realised say that sachet salt get level.

The whole rice was salty and poison at the same time. Guys use me laugh that day. Nobody could eat it.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Drizzy5001(m): 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
In my jss 2 , 2007 E reach my turn to cook, and I be one Kain lazy pesin..I no dey gree near kitchen, Dem say make I cook jellof rice with meat, I asked my sister to tell me how to cook but she refused because I use to criticize her cooking , so I come wash meat finish sprinkle am salt come pour inside hot frying pan, slice onions into 2 put inside the frying pan,I no even cook the meat.. even the rice sef no done wella ... I come pour am palm oil , grin mix am with the meat , put Crayfish wey no pound , put Maggi, put half Sachet of salt, put ogiri, put Tomatoe paste without frying it , my friend now I visited me ,I comot for kitchen go dey play game , by the time I come back e don burn ... At that point I said to my self "Chibuzor okafor u are finished! cry I sharperly go hide the cane grin wink

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Dharmmie21: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
IT Was one time my longing to see cousin came to visit...Then everybody in the house was shouting I will be the one to cook for him...I was to prepare Yam and egg...

Yam don done na to fry egg...I first fried pepper added salt ....mixed the egg and added salt again...And the result was boom....Even my Fav Cousin couldn't eat...I was disappointed.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by argent412(f): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
My roommate and some of her friends went to hire shisha pot from a friend and brought it to my room and we started popping. Everybody was in cloud 9 and I was feeling hungry, so I went to prepare noodles. Common noodles, took almost 1 hour to dry as if it was beans I was cooking. I could even hear the pot making sound like am cooking rice or beans. The noodles turned to something else. We still ate sha. Las Las Highness na bad thing grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Between Garri And Semovita / See My Delicious Tomato Stew With Grilled Chicken. (Photos & Video) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.