Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926701 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
AfonjaBoston:

Why you like to dey embarrass yourself?
You and wotowoto na 5 and 6?
If a Nigerian tells you that they recently won the visa lottery, they’re either lying or being lied to/scammed. I stand by exactly what I said, never mind semantics.
You and dumb are like 1 & 2.

GTFO of my mentions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Diversity Visas
Nigerians are no longer eligible for the Diversity Visa Lottery. Only people that were born outside of Nigeria or have parents that were born outside of Nigeria are eligible for the Diversity Visa. If you were born in Nigeria to Nigerian born parents – you are not eligible for the visa lottery. You can find more information on the Diversity Visa here.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-processing-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Nope not true. Eligibility for the DV lottery is by country of birth not country of nationality. So someone can technically be a Nigerian in Nigeria and still qualify because they were born in another country.

I know because I am one such person. Though I have no interest in it. wink

I said if a Nigerian tells you they’ve won a recent visa lottery, they’re lying or being scammed.
You said that’s not true. So you’re saying won a recent visa lottery, right? Show us proof.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Talata24: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Has anyone been approved EA (emergency appointment)? If so, what documents did you use to apply to make a strong case?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Seungbenga: 3:09am On Aug 14, 2022
Congratulations!! Please share your transcript

Chairperson:
Make una follow me scream for joy oooooooo!!! Since 11.35am i have been celebrating!! Favour don locate me ooooo!!!!!!!!!
Coming back to drop transcript!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello people…let me tap your brains a bit. Has anyone traveled to the US with a passport that is less than 6 months to expiry? What was the experience like? Kindly share
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dampops:
Hello people…let me tap your brains a bit. Has anyone traveled to the US with a passport that is less than 6 months to expiry? What was the experience like? Kindly share

I got this information from the US Customs website. It’s the latest rule…

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2022-Mar/Six-Month%20Passport%20Validity%20Update%2020220316.pdf
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cococandy(f): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
For people visiting the USA from Nigeria on a tourist visa, have you recently been asked to provide the USA passport of your relative in America whom you intend to stay with?

Additionally, have you been asked to provide their tax transcripts from 2-3 years ago to prove that they can afford to host you as a tourist visiting the country?

I’ve gotten a few people to visit me in the past on tourist visas and it has never come up. Is this a new thing? Anyone who recently went for an interview, were you asked to provide this information? Matter of fact if anyone can answer with specific details of information they were asked to provide as a very young person going on tourism to the USA, that would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Dampops:

Your passport needs to be "valid" as at the time of admittance, however you can be stamped in longer than the validity of your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
cococandy:
For people visiting the USA from Nigeria on a tourist visa, have you recently been asked to provide the USA passport of your relative in America whom you intend to stay with?

Additionally, have you been asked to provide their tax transcripts from 2-3 years ago to prove that they can afford to host you as a tourist visiting the country?

I’ve gotten a few people to visit me in the past on tourist visas and it has never come up. Is this a new thing? Anyone who recently went for an interview, were you asked to provide this information? Matter of fact if anyone can answer with specific details of information they were asked to provide as a very young person going on tourism to the USA, that would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!

Haaaaa. I've never heard such. This is very very strange. I think it is only applicable for immigrant visa. The US citizen has an option of submitting directly without the applicant having access to the Information. As per what you wrote, it is really strange.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cococandy(f): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2022
flourishing247:

Haaaaa. I've never heard such. This is very very strange. I think it is only applicable for immigrant visa. The US citizen has an option of submitting directly without the applicant having access to the Information. As per what you wrote, it is really strange.
yea I’ve never heard of that too. I think someone is just giving them misleading information
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GloriousGbola: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2022
cococandy:
yea I’ve never heard of that too. I think someone is just giving them misleading information

I thought everything you require is outlined in the form you fill online for the visa interview?

That's all they need to do, or am I wrong? That visa.gov website? Usually my sis fulls everything out for the folks and then sends it to me to close out so there is no issue of the application being signed from a US ip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cococandy(f): 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I thought everything you require is outlined in the form you fill online for the visa interview?

That's all they need to do, or am I wrong? That visa.gov website? Usually my sis fulls everything out for the folks and then sends it to me to close out so there is no issue of the application being signed from a US ip.

That’s what I thought too.
Oh and I didn’t even think of the US IP issue. Hmm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
CYAD:

Wao please have you called or mail them ?
Any response from them?
nope I didn’t mail them wbu?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nenyecarino: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
@Shannon70
And any other knowledgeable person

Hello Good evening
I have a b1/b2 visa and a F1 visa. I want to travel (pleasure), but since I can’t use the F1 visa as it is not yet 30 days to resumption date, Can I use the visiting visa at the Immigration place at the airport?
If I eventually use the B1/B2 visa and travel, Do I have to come back to nigeria and re enter USA with my F1 visa when it’s close to my resumption date?
Or since I would be going to a different state than the state the school is in, can I just use the student visa and book a local (state to state) flight to the school instead of coming back to Nigeria and re entering
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
cococandy:

Could be an agent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
nenyecarino:
@Shannon70

Hello Good evening
I have a b1/b2 visa and a F1 visa. I want to travel (pleasure), but since I can’t use the F1 visa as it is not yet 30 days to resumption date, Can I use the visiting visa at the Immigration place at the airport?

Why not be patient and enter the US with your F1 visa (Fall semester is almost at the corner) since you will eventually start school. abi you plan to return to Nigeria after using the B1, only to travel again to start school.

Just a thought though

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 15, 2022
nenyecarino:
@Shannon70

Hello Good evening
If I eventually use the B1/B2 visa and travel, Do I have to come back to nigeria and re enter USA with my F1 visa when it’s close to my resumption date?
Or since I would be going to a different state than the state the school is in, can I just use the student visa and book a local (state to state) flight to the school instead of coming back to Nigeria and re entering

You can enter on your B1/B2 and later change to your F1. That requires filing paper work with USCIS. I don't know your travel history, but I always recommend as few interactions with USCIS/DHS/CPB as possible.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sharrp: 12:26am On Aug 15, 2022
In my Visa application, I put Seattle as the state I’ll land but I have been informed that I’ll land in Los Angeles by my company . Would that be an issue ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:58am On Aug 15, 2022
nenyecarino:
@Shannon70

Hello Good evening

you can have 2 different visas at the same time but can only use one to enter meaning they run "concurently"
In most cases especially Nigeria they deny you F1 then cancel your existing B1B2 or deny you F1 and leave B1B2 as is or in your case leave both "valid"
Which came last?
Don't even attempt to try the B1 if the F1 came last you will be OYO

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: helpee(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.