Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935831 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:50pm On May 21, 2023
Popdes:
Good day house,
Please those of you that got your passport back recently from DHL office Lagos how long did it take to get your passport back after your dropped it off?
Which of the DHL office is faster?
My IW drop off appointment is on Monday May 22nd, and I need my passport back before May 30th for an emergency travel

Nope. It is practically impossible to get it before 30th.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 11:34pm On May 21, 2023
Please I filled my ds -160 myself but going through people's interview story, I truly want to know what they mean by 'statement of account'?
Are they demanding to know if the account has been receiving millions since this year or they want to check the balance?
Secondly,I filled 'self' because it will be my parents that would sponsor, is there anything wrong with what I did?
Any reply Will be appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by geolan(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2023
Ruby56:

Me too.. submitted on cgi portal since May 17th, haven’t gotten an approval email to schedule interview from them yet.. pls who knows how long it takes to approve for you to schedule interview

I received a mail from them not long saying my request to schedule appointment has been approved. However upon clicking the link and all, this is what I’m seeing.

So I want to ask if this is how it is and that I need to always check back to see if there is any changes or what?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 8:29am On May 22, 2023
Hi geolan, Are you applying for first time? Let us know when you are able, it has been like that as i learnt, just hold.
geolan:

I received a mail from them not long saying my request to schedule appointment has been approved. However upon clicking the link and all, this is what I’m seeing.

So I want to ask if this is how it is and that I need to always check back to see if there is any changes or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dansakimotors: 9:14am On May 22, 2023
Am getting this on my page for somedays now. Kindly alert me if dey have loaded any new dates. Thx

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Llaye: 10:38am On May 22, 2023
The US guys mostly don’t look at your statement of account during interviews. But if they do, they’ll be looking at the inflows (money coming in) and the account balance.
If your parents are sponsoring your trip, then you shouldn’t write self. Self is for when you’ll be paying for the trip

LawyerBB:
Please I filled my ds -160 myself but going through people's interview story, I truly want to know what they mean by 'statement of account'?
Are they demanding to know if the account has been receiving millions since this year or they want to check the balance?
Secondly,I filled 'self' because it will be my parents that would sponsor, is there anything wrong with what I did?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Llaye: 10:39am On May 22, 2023
Six working days, that’s unlikely.

Popdes:
Good day house,
Please those of you that got your passport back recently from DHL office Lagos how long did it take to get your passport back after your dropped it off?
Which of the DHL office is faster?
My IW drop off appointment is on Monday May 22nd, and I need my passport back before May 30th for an emergency travel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Llaye: 10:42am On May 22, 2023
I’d advise against it. All the folks I know who tried to renew while holding a valid visa were rejected. Your circumstances may be different, but maybe just wait until it expires before getting a renewal

millyscent:
Hello guys
Can one renew a visa expiring in October in May if you plan on travelling later in the year ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Emmyco20: 10:44am On May 22, 2023
oakenfold:

Please I need your help, is the any different between Abuja and Lagos centers, because people are saying that Abuja is good.

Same location shown here. that's normal.

This person asked the same -> https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4/274#119571942
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 11:23am On May 22, 2023
geolan:

I haven’t received any mail from them yet except when I applied and they replied that my request has been received.. I don’t understand this at all,I am applying for the first time too for my mum
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 11:46am On May 22, 2023
Ruby56:

I haven’t received any mail from them yet except when I applied and they replied that my request has been received.. I don’t understand this at all,I am applying for the first time too for my mum
I just received approval now, saw from January 2025
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 2:13pm On May 22, 2023
Llaye:
The US guys mostly don’t look at your statement of account during interviews. But if they do, they’ll be looking at the inflows (money coming in) and the account balance.
If your parents are sponsoring your trip, then you shouldn’t write self. Self is for when you’ll be paying for the trip

Thank you very much, but since I would be going for a conference, can I use the someone who stays abroad as the sponsor
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 2:19pm On May 22, 2023
Please anyone who gets an earlier date before the third week of June 2023 should help notify me please I beg you all
0812 784 0340
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Popdes(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2023
Good afternoon House,
I Just want to share my experience with DHl Isolo office for my May 22nd IW passport drop off appointment. I arrived at DHL office Isolo by 7:30 for my 8:30 AM appointment. They were about 18 of us who came to drop off our passport. By 8:30am we were all done with the passport submittion. The whole process was quick and smooth nd the staffs were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this location to anyone submitting in Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dips04: 3:31pm On May 22, 2023
Popdes:
Good afternoon House,
I Just want to share my experience with DHl Isolo office for my May 22nd IW passport drop off appointment. I arrived at DHL office Isolo by 7:30 for my 8:30 AM appointment. They were about 18 of us who came to drop off our passport. By 8:30am we were all done with the passport submittion. The whole process was quick and smooth nd the staffs were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this location to anyone submitting in Lagos.
Good afternoon, please I have few questions to ask. Can I reach out to you through email or phone number
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:51pm On May 22, 2023
LawyerBB:
Please anyone who gets an earlier date before the third week of June 2023 should help notify me please I beg you all
0812 784 0340
pls notify me too. Thanks.I will if I see
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ruby56: 3:58pm On May 22, 2023
Pls what’s the best way to check the cgi page for new dates.. I was just told I have exceeded the limit and will be reset tomorrow. How many times can you check a day?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Popdes(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2023
Send me an email popdes90@gmail.com
Dips04:

Good afternoon, please I have few questions to ask. Can I reach out to you through email or phone number
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by geolan(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2023
hunee:
Hi geolan, Are you applying for first time? Let us know when you are able, it has been like that as i learnt, just hold.

Yes, I’m applying myself for the first time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by geolan(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2023
Ruby56:
I just received approval now, saw from January 2025

January 2025?? What I haven’t seen any and I don’t even know if there is a certain number of times one can check in a day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by perrol(m): 12:51am On May 23, 2023
Can someone answer my question please, am trying to fill Ds 160 from UK, but I didn't see any country under UK which I can choose as country from where you are applying from.
Please anyone with experience on how I can apply for visitor visa to US from UK ( don't forget am on study visa).
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 8:36am On May 23, 2023
Ruby56:
pls notify me too. Thanks.I will if I see

Okay thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by M6ix: 8:40am On May 23, 2023
I am not sure what you mean but from the very first page, u will be asked to select where you are applying from. From the drop down list, look carefully. There is England, London or Northern Ireland, Belfast depending on your preference.

perrol:
Can someone answer my question please, am trying to fill Ds 160 from UK, but I didn't see any country under UK which I can choose as country from where you are applying from.
Please anyone with experience on how I can apply for visitor visa to US from UK ( don't forget am on study visa).
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 9:36am On May 23, 2023
Please house, while filling in sponsor, if you use your parents and the statement of account you want to present is your father's company's account that bears the name of the company. Can there be any problem with that?
If there is, can one use someone already living abroad as sponsor since it is a trip of just one week?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Demzy4: 10:16am On May 23, 2023
I just called the cgi to inform them that i submitted a request to schedule a date since March 23rd and I have not gotten a response from them.

I was then told that I will need to have patience, and that once my request is approved, i will be able to select a date.

However, I am worried on why the approval is taking so long..

Please, what can i do about this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dansakimotors: 11:44am On May 23, 2023
Hello House,

Advice needed. How can i change my Visa status from Visiting Visa to Student Visa? Admission already secured and 5yrs Visiting Visa already granted. I look forward to your response, especially from someone that have tread this path b4.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by omobaronke: 12:45pm On May 23, 2023
Good afternoon House

After filling the DS -160 form and submitted
Paid for the visa fee at the GTBANK.

Please what is the next step?
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dansakimotors: 12:49pm On May 23, 2023
Create your profile using the URL below and Schedule an appointment for interview/Drop box.

https://portal.ustraveldocs.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria

omobaronke:
Good afternoon House

After filling the DS -160 form and submitted
Paid for the visa fee at the GTBANK.

Please what is the next step?
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by donkarly(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2023
Please house,Do airlines on USA route still require Covid19 Test result or Vaccination?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 1:47am On May 24, 2023
If you are already within the US. Please reach out to your school’s international student office and other Nigerians (maybe on Twitter) to confirm my understanding.

My understanding is that your I-20 is sufficient for you and visa is only required if you travel out and need to re-enter the US.

Hemingway:
Hello everyone,

I am currently in the US. I finished my Masters and got a Ph.D. I am now qualified for the interview waiver to renew my expiring visa. My question is, can I give my documents to a family member or friend to drop them off since I don't have to appear for an interview? Coming to Nigeria to drop off my documents is not ideal because I have to attend classes, and it takes two months to get feedback. Can I authorize someone to drop it off and pick it up on my behalf? Any helpful advice will be appreciated 🙌🏾
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 1:54am On May 24, 2023
Do you have anything that shows the signatories to the account or a CAC letter that shows it’s your dad’s company?

LawyerBB:
Please house, while filling in sponsor, if you use your parents and the statement of account you want to present is your father's company's account that bears the name of the company. Can there be any problem with that?
If there is, can one use someone already living abroad as sponsor since it is a trip of just one week?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:40am On May 24, 2023
donkarly:
Please house,Do airlines on USA route still require Covid19 Test result or Vaccination?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-change-to-us-travel-policy-requiring-covid-19-vaccination-for-nonimmigrant-travel.html#:~:text=This%20means%20starting%20May%2012,flight%20to%20the%20United%20States.

Please can someone who travelled recently confirm this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: OyoTunjiUSA(m), Codeblues(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.