Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (925560 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:43am On Feb 08
denzel231:
Can someone show me how to apply for US visa from Australia? Would love to apply for me and my wife ..thanks

Hey 🤠

The procedures to apply for US visa is similar worldwide. It will be easier for you if you have ties to Australia , you entered Australia legally , and you have been living there for at least past 5 years or more.

1. If you only want to visit for tourism or conference or other short trips , then you will be looking at B1/B2. But if you want to relocate finally then that would be a different ball game .

2. Your ages, financial ability, travel experience s and financial status in Australia all have roles to play in deciding your US visa desires.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:11am On Feb 08
kennyclassic:
Please house, I am applying for a US Visa from UK to attend a conference in United States.

Am I going to select Business/Conference (B1) or Business & Tourism (Temporary Visitor) (B1/B2).

Secondly, I am a student in the UK and my study will end by May, graduation is by July but this conference will take place in June.

Thank you.

Hey 🤠

1. Business Visitor's Visa (B-1).

2. I don't want to discourage you but on the day of your visa interview, the consular might act this way ;. ***.

3. Your study in the UK will end by May , and instead of you to be preparing for your graduation coming up in July , you want to use the preparation month (June) to travel to USA.

4. The visa officer will use style to ask about your academic standings presently in the UK , and if it happens that you are not even doing well , he or she will term or label you as a possible absconder who want to run to the USA .

5. Wait till after graduation before going for your conference .

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sethtsadopp: 6:31am On Feb 08
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

All glory to God . You 're welcome.

Best Wishes 🙏

Please, in the spirit of being 100% truthful on the DS 160 form, is it absolutely necessary to fill the parts that ask for
Do you have a social media presence?
And then list ALL my handles which I have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram?
In my case typing my full name on Google alone can show some of my social media handles, so do I skip it or list ALL of them?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:43am On Feb 08
sethtsadopp:

Please, in the spirit of being 100% truthful on the DS 160 form, is it absolutely necessary to fill the parts that ask for
And then list ALL my handles which I have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram?
In my case typing my full name on Google alone can show some of my social media handles, so do I skip it or list ALL of them?

Hey 🤠

That aspect is optional . We have people who are not on social media . But professionally LinkedIn is enough . You do not have to list all, and if you don't want to list anything it doesn't affect your visa .

1. I will input LinkedIn because that's what the VOs quickly glance through in order to have little understanding of your business relationship. Follows by Instagram .

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Delika(f): 7:57am On Feb 08
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

Let's follows the rule . This question should have been asked in the student section next time .

1. Usually the bank statement you sent to the school prior to the issuance of your Form I 20 (as your financial capability ) should also be taken to the embassy on the day of your interview because your I 20 will state your sponsor by quoting the same bank statement ..ie family , loan, parents, etc.
2. What you are expected to do is to go back to your bank to update the same bank statement (3 to 6 months ) in the case where you did not get an interview date on time . *** Nevertheless, you can take another bank statement to the embassy or sponsors letter if the situation changes (change of sponsor ) .

Best Wishes 🙏
Thanks so much for your response sir, I really appreciate.
I just joined yesterday night so I still don’t know my way around this app, also I don’t even know the student section you talked about sir.
I had already sent an email to you @ogunladeoladokunvogue@gmail.com
Is it okay to contact you there sir?
I would like you to help me with my mock interview questions. Thank you sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Delika(f): 8:03am On Feb 08
Thanks so much for your response sir, I really appreciate.
I just joined yesterday night so I still don’t know my way around this app, also I don’t even know the student section you talked about sir.
I had already sent an email to you @ogunladeoladokunvogue@gmail.com
Is it okay to contact you there sir?
I would like you to help me with my mock interview questions. Thank you sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:23am On Feb 08
sethtsadopp:

It became a requirement starting from 2019 so I’ll say it won’t hurt to fill it out. For me I usually just put my Instagram and LinkedIn and that’s all because that’s all I’ve got.
If they put it there then it’s for a purpose so just list whatever social media handles you have and I really don’t think it impacts your application except you’re one of the activists/popular people on these platforms and your opinions come under great public scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bouncedance: 2:38pm On Feb 08
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 2:54pm On Feb 08
Bouncedance:
Does anyone know someone that submitted their passport in Jan for Dropbox in Lagos & the timeline for pick up?
When did you submit in January?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedone100: 8:04pm On Feb 08
Good evening All, trust you are doing great? I need your advise on an issue. I am preparing my application for a tourist visa to the US. I have successfully completed my DS-160 form. However, I didn't get an acknowledgement mail in my email box. I am beginning to think that I probably spelt my email address wrongly.
Secondly I have made payment yesterday for the visa application fee. The bank gave me a payment receipt. I still didn't get any acknowledgement mail via email from the embassy of the fee payment I made.
Kindly advise.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Viviebas98: 8:20pm On Feb 08
Hello house,

Please I need clarification on this issue.

So I applied for a Ds 160 for my son who is less than 1 year old. So I went ahead to apply for a USA visa, I got to the part of “Add Dependent” so I added my application which I have done last year.

Please where can I add existing applicant as dependent.

I await your response. Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:56pm On Feb 08
Blessedone100:
Good evening All, trust you are doing great? I need your advise on an issue. I am preparing my application for a tourist visa to the US. I have successfully completed my DS-160 form. However, I didn't get an acknowledgement mail in my email box. I am beginning to think that I probably spelt my email address wrongly.
Secondly I have made payment yesterday for the visa application fee. The bank gave me a payment receipt. I still didn't get any acknowledgement mail via email from the embassy of the fee payment I made.
Kindly advise.
Thanks.
If you made a payment at the bank, the paper you received is your only proof of payment. You should not expect to receive any email notification. However, if you paid via the Gtbank mobile app, you will receive an email receipt, which serves as the proof of payment.

Your DS-160 confirmation should be sent to your email address. If you did not receive a confirmation, you will need to fill out another DS-160 form promptly before your interview. Be sure to complete the form quickly to avoid any delays. Input your correct e-mail this time around, you may also retrieve the previous form if you have the number.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Paparaxo(m): 7:31am On Feb 09
Good day to you boss, i'm currently studying in a Uk university, also about to begin the process of a US visit/tourist visa, i am very confuse as regards how much needs to be in the bank account to be eligible. could you please help clarify this? Thanks in anticipation

hadigun:

Not hard.

I applied for a visiting visa alongside my family in December 2022. Got appointment date for January 6, 2023. VISA APPROVED with no document requested. Grace followed me sha. I’m on a student visa in the Uk. Though I’ve finished studying but my BRP is still valid. For another 2months.

Go to the US site. Apply and include a genuine purpose for travelling. Get a date for appointment and get in touch. I might help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:55am On Feb 09
Viviebas98:
Hello house,

Please I need clarification on this issue.

So I applied for a Ds 160 for my son who is less than 1 year old. So I went ahead to apply for a USA visa, I got to the part of “Add Dependent” so I added my application which I have done last year.

Please where can I add existing applicant as dependent.

I await your response. Thanks

Hey 🤠

Your questions are confusing . You filled a DS 160 for your baby, fine . 2. You went ahead to apply for a US visa .....Do you have visa already or you are just applying for you and your son ?

1. You got to the part of add dependent (where you are supposed to add your son) and you added your application which you did last year .

*** Do you have US visa already and you want to apply for your son ?

*** Or both of you are applying for the first time ?

**** Or your visa was denied last year and you want to reapply now with your son ?

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 2:49pm On Feb 09
daphor11:
Good evening Everyone
My B1/B2 Vis Interview is for 27th Feb, 2024. Any tips to follow ?

1. Be calm and confident.
2. Dress well - nothing flashy. Minimal jewellry and make up (if you are female)
3. Say the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
4. Ensure your responses to questions are concise
5. Do not present any document unless you are asked
6. Do not provide information you are not asked
7. Ensure anything information you provide is the same as the information on your electronic form
8. Be polite, smile - but avoid overfamiliarity with the visa officer
9. Avoid getting emotional
10. Pray! God is in charge.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daphor11: 5:20pm On Feb 09
Cashmadam:

1. Be calm and confident.
2. Dress well - nothing flashy. Minimal jewellry and make up (if you are female)
3. Say the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
4. Ensure your responses to questions are concise
5. Do not present any document unless you are asked
6. Do not provide information you are not asked
7. Ensure anything information you provide is the same as the information on your electronic form
8. Be polite, smile - but avoid overfamiliarity with the visa officer
9. Avoid getting emotional
10. Pray! God is in charge.

Thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by denzel231: 7:45pm On Feb 09
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

The procedures to apply for US visa is similar worldwide. It will be easier for you if you have ties to Australia , you entered Australia legally , and you have been living there for at least past 5 years or more.

1. If you only want to visit for tourism or conference or other short trips , then you will be looking at B1/B2. But if you want to relocate finally then that would be a different ball game .

2. Your ages, financial ability, travel experience s and financial status in Australia all have roles to play in deciding your US visa desires.

Best Wishes 🙏
thanks for the response. I have been in Australia for about a year now and would love to go to US, maybe visit for now or relocate in the future.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sethtsadopp: 8:05pm On Feb 09
Is it true US B1,B2 visa is no longer 185k? Heard its now 277,500.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:16pm On Feb 09
sethtsadopp:
Is it true US B1,B2 visa is no longer 185k? Heard it’s now 277,500.
Correct. You can also check ustraveldocs.com to confirm the same. Two people posted the direct link earlier in the day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:13am On Feb 10
Debbieeeeeee:

Correct. You can also check ustraveldocs.com to confirm the same. Two people posted the direct link earlier in the day.

This is really in..sa...ne. imagine the cost for a family of four.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 12:32am On Feb 10
Pay 277k, wait 1 yr plus for appointment and then get refused in 2mins.
Africans will liberate themselves one day.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 1:13am On Feb 10
Hello everyone, I am new here but i have learnt alot from experiences shared. Weldone to every contributor.

Is there any group for appointment date (Abuja) that I can join, seriously searching for a date in march.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 1:15am On Feb 10
hunee:
Pay 277k, wait 1 yr plus for appointment and then get refused in 2mins.
Africans will liberate themselves one day.

Dont blame us. I hope our Govt fix this tbvh.
Atleast 60per of the Visa fee should be refunded in the event of a refusal.
Now the fee is 277,500k. Haba

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 1:26am On Feb 10
2 years ago, I was at VFS Abuja and i had someone who came to apply for Sweden visa. In our own country o, these embassies mandate our people they pay them in Krona or usd. The high-handness in our system is something to be studied and the foreign missions are cashing out on it
Thenomad:

Dont blame us. I hope our Govt fix this tbvh.
Atleast 60per of the Visa fee should be refunded in the event of a refusal.
Now the fee is 277,500k. Haba
Very soon again, they will dash us 100 million euros in the name of Poverty Alleviation and take back hundreds of millions of euros through migration.
You can see what canada is doing.
Application fee
Biometrics fee
Transmission fee
Na wa grin

277k for a USA Visa fee is outreagous.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 6:23am On Feb 10
hunee:
2 years ago, I was at VFS Abuja and i had someone who came to apply for Sweden visa. In our own country o, these embassies mandate our people they pay them in Krona or usd. The high-handness in our system is something to be studied and the foreign missions are cashing out on it
Very soon again, they will dash us 100 million euros in the name of Poverty Alleviation and take back hundreds of millions of euros through migration.
You can see what canada is doing.
Application fee
Biometrics fee
Transmission fee
Na wa grin

277k for a USA Visa fee is outreagous.

It's crazy. What's exactly their reason for the almost 100per increment? Maybe to discourage people i don't know. But Nigerian should learn to use a Visa for the right purpose. They maybe perceive most people are trying to Japa, and you really can't blame them.

These set of people spoil the chances for those whose sole reason for wanting a tourist visa for example is tourism and come back home. But how would the visa officer know this?

The only good thing our Govt did was making them extend validity to 5years, but the Visa fee shouldn't be this high, it almost feels like legal extortion.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:06am On Feb 10
flourishing247:

This is really in..sa...ne. imagine the cost for a family of four.
With the unstable exchange rate I knew it was going right up. It’s just so ridiculous.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:11am On Feb 10
Thenomad:

It's crazy. What's exactly their reason for the almost 100per increment? Maybe to discourage people i don't know. But Nigerian should learn to use a Visa for the right purpose. They maybe perceive most people are trying to Japa, and you really can't blame them.

These set of people spoil the chances for those whose sole reason for wanting a tourist visa for example is tourism and come back home. But how would the visa officer know this?

The only good thing our Govt did was making them extend validity to 5years, but the Visa fee shouldn't be this high, it almost feels like legal extortion.

The US embassy adjusts its visa fees based on the exchange rate available at the central bank for dollar exchange. If the exchange rate goes up, the visa fees increase accordingly, and if it goes down, the fees decrease. This has been the pattern since last year. Despite the increase, the fees are still significantly lower than the UK embassy fees, which are exorbitant and unreasonable.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 7:58am On Feb 10
I already said these people are cashing out because they see a very weak system here. They make so much monies
Thenomad:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 8:48am On Feb 10
Uk embassy fees? Check the records, the uk offers an elaborate visa process. It is what you want they give, there is 6, 2, 5, 10 yrs. The United Kingdom visa process is not as complex as the United States. Let not even start the discuss
Debbieeeeeee:

The US embassy adjusts its visa fees based on the exchange rate available at the central bank for dollar exchange. If the exchange rate goes up, the visa fees increase accordingly, and if it goes down, the fees decrease. This has been the pattern since last year. Despite the increase, the fees are still significantly lower than the UK embassy fees, which are exorbitant and unreasonable.
Waiting time alone is crazy and the conditions herein are nauseating.
The better time for us not to begin to glorify all these foreign missions as Africans, if our system worked well, no one will hustling for a US Visa. Above all, migration can never be controlled, because we also find people coming from various parts of Europe to Nigeria to seek greener pastures. People look for opportunities everywhere, but it should not be a means of exploitation for these foreign missions, a bunch of people or enterprise.
That is my point.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shipdoc: 9:08am On Feb 10
I submitted drop box on 30th January.
Yesterday, the application portal is showing that my passport has been returned from consular processing.
I could no longer track the application as it is showing NO DATA RETURNED. The last time I checked it, it was showing application received. Now I can’t access it again.
Finally, I saw continue on the application portal and clicked on it, I saw interview dates in June, July, August

I guess I will need to go for physical interview based on this?

I am stressed because it means I have to wait and look for interview dates again… I saw June but didn’t choose it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shipdoc: 9:15am On Feb 10
I heard somewhere before that follow up interview after Dropbox is on any Thursday. Is that still applicable?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:07am On Feb 10
hunee:
Uk embassy fees? Check the records, the uk offers an elaborate visa process. It is what you want they give, there is 6, 2, 5, 10 yrs. The United Kingdom visa process is not as complex as the United States. Let not even start the discuss
Waiting time alone is crazy and the conditions herein are nauseating.
The better time for us not to begin to glorify all these foreign missions as Africans, if our system worked well, no one will hustling for a US Visa. Above all, migration can never be controlled, because we also find people coming from various parts of Europe to Nigeria to seek greener pastures. People look for opportunities everywhere, but it should not be a means of exploitation for these foreign missions, a bunch of people or enterprise.
That is my point.
I am extremely conversant with the UK application process and I don't think it is any better than the USA. 6 months visa fee for the UK is about $136 if you're submitting in the premium centre you need pay an extra ÂŁ50, 2 years is over $500 how is that not exorbitant for 6 months and years respectively and also what if the individual is refused? The only difference is the long wait time for the US embassy. I am not glorifying anything I am only highlighting differences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.