Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935731 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 12:28pm On Feb 10
Debbieeeeeee:

The US embassy adjusts its visa fees based on the exchange rate available at the central bank for dollar exchange. If the exchange rate goes up, the visa fees increase accordingly, and if it goes down, the fees decrease. This has been the pattern since last year. Despite the increase, the fees are still significantly lower than the UK embassy fees, which are exorbitant and unreasonable.

The UK fees I havent been able to wrap my head around it. It's all sad really. I have to google to know what Nigeria Embassy visa fee is to British citizens. Maybe it's an agreement. Otherwise is just not right.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 1:02pm On Feb 10
To further buttress, USA refusal rate is high compared to UK.
Thenomad:

The UK fees I haven't been able to wrap my head around it. It's all sad really. I have to google to know what Nigeria Embassy visa fee is to British citizens. Maybe it's an agreement. Otherwise is just not right.
The UK visa process is very much seamless, less cumbersome and flexible compare to USA.
Let stop this undying push for these countries that offer us less in return than Poverty Alleviation schemes. They see us all as hungry people, as captured in the previous posts by someone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 1:23pm On Feb 10
Hello good people.

How long does it take to secure appointment? I have a conference to attend in May and hoping to begin my application process next month when my passport renewal request will be processed.

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:30pm On Feb 10
Thenomad:

The UK fees I havent been able to wrap my head around it. It's all sad really. I have to google to know what Nigeria Embassy visa fee is to British citizens. Maybe it's an agreement. Otherwise is just not right.
I’ve been applying to the Uk embassy since when we were allowed to go to Walter Carrington with our docs and Their visa fees are the most ridiculous of all the embassies in Nigeria offering visas and for a few years now you have to find your usd to pay the visa fees they don’t even have the option of you paying in Naira since they stopped using vfs and moved to teleperformance. For the USA it’s still $185 and they’re going by what obtains as exchange rate via gtbank for a flat number of 5 years, imagine paying a little over $1k as visa fees for 10 years, I paid $1259 to be precise which is over 1.5 million and they call that seamlesss and reasonable? Anyway they no force us to apply na we carry ourselves go apply, get a second citizenship to stop this nonsense. God help us all.

I still maintain the U.S. embassy is more reasonable in terms of visa fees than the uk the one year wait time aside.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:32pm On Feb 10
olaoye15:
Hello good people.

How long does it take to secure appointment? I have a conference to attend in May and hoping to begin my application process next month when my passport renewal request will be processed.

Thanks.
Ustraveldocs.com provides estimated wait times for different visa categories.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thenomad: 2:44pm On Feb 10
Debbieeeeeee:

I’ve been applying to the Uk embassy since when we were allowed to go to Walter Carrington with our docs and Their visa fees are the most ridiculous of all the embassies in Nigeria offering visas and for a few years now you have to find your usd to pay the visa fees they don’t even have the option of you paying in Naira since they stopped used vfs and moved to teleperformance. For the USA it’s still $185 and they’re going by what obtains as exchange rate via gtbank for a flat number of 5 years, imagine paying a little over $1k as visa fees for 10 years, I paid $1259 to be precise which is over 1.5 million and they call that seamlesss and reasonable? Anyway they no force us to apply na we carry ourselves go apply, get a second citizenship to stop this nonsense. God help us all.

I still maintain the U.S. embassy is more reasonable in terms of visa fees than the uk the one year wait time aside.

Over 1.5m for visa fee is beyond outrageous!
What! But for the US high refusal rate and wait time, kindda think their process is pretty straight forward, and less cumbersome.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:26pm On Feb 10
Thenomad:

Over 1.5m for visa fee is beyond outrageous!
What! But for the US high refusal rate and wait time, kindda think their process is pretty straight forward, and less cumbersome.

The UK embassy used to be notorious for its strict refusal policy, but they have recently become slightly less strict due to Brexit. This has had a significant impact on their economy, which is why they have allowed an influx of students. However, they have now capped the number of student dependants they accept. Ireland was the first to implement the 2-year post-study work visa before the UK followed suit. When it comes to filing forms, I personally prefer the USA forms as opposed to the UK forms, as the latter requires more detailed information. However, it ultimately comes down to personal preference. As you mentioned, apart from the wait times due to the COVID-19 pandemic, dealing with the Americans is relatively straightforward.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:49pm On Feb 10
The exchange rate due to our weak economy and poor government is the reason for all of this. If FX Rate is $1:N500, it won’t have that much of an impact on people earning salaries and profit in Naira.

Visa fees between countries are equally fixed. NG will bump its fees to the new figure also for Americans requiring NG visa. I think it’s part of the consular reciprocity or something like that countries have.

Unfortunately the reciprocity doesn’t account for equal application by nationals of the two countries, NG will still suffer because we don’t have that number of tourist willing to come to NG.

Visa fees are non refundable everywhere in the world. So if your application is denied, the “processing” or “work done” by the embassy has to be paid for regardless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:12pm On Feb 10
fkj950ax:
The exchange rate due to our weak economy and poor government is the reason for all of this. If FX Rate is $1:N500, it won’t have that much of an impact on people earning salaries and profit in Naira.

Visa fees between countries are equally fixed. NG will bump its fees to the new figure also for Americans requiring NG visa. I think it’s part of the consular reciprocity or something like that countries have.

Unfortunately the reciprocity doesn’t account for equal application by nationals of the two countries, NG will still suffer because we don’t have that number of tourist willing to come to NG.

Visa fees are non refundable everywhere in the world. So if your application is denied, the “processing” or “work done” by the embassy has to be paid for regardless.
I agree, because I remember the days of 27k us visa fee back in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NairaLuck: 5:40pm On Feb 10
Greeting everyone, i got my B1/B2 visa valid for 5 years.

How can i switch to a Masters Program in the USA.

i am not sure how to go about it, will it be easier from inside the USA because i have 6 months per entry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:39pm On Feb 10
NairaLuck:
Greeting everyone, i got my B1/B2 visa valid for 5 years.

How can i switch to a Masters Program in the USA.

i am not sure how to go about it, will it be easier from inside the USA because i have 6 months per entry
To change your immigration status and prove that you did not have any intention to study before entering the USA, you need to file for AOS. However, I recommend that you apply for an F1 visa from Nigeria instead of going through the stressful process of hiring a lawyer to help you with the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 8:00pm On Feb 10
hunee:
To further buttress, USA refusal rate is high compared to UK.
The UK visa process is very much seamless, less cumbersome and flexible compare to USA.
Let stop this undying push for these countries that offer us less in return than Poverty Alleviation schemes. They see us all as hungry people, as captured in the previous posts by someone.

Yes, but is the average Nigerian living in Nigeria not dying of hunger and poverty?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 11:20pm On Feb 10
If you have to travel out for opportunities, carry go.
Beautyaddy:

Yes, but is the average Nigerian living in Nigeria not dying of hunger and poverty?
I support relocation 100 percent.

Everyone has their own thing going, however, i am concerned about the exploitations in the system which we are not ready to even talk about.
I rest my case.

Daalụ
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aisha90: 5:59am On Feb 11
Good day everyone!
Please I would like to apply for visa for my 3yr old and 1yr old as I renewed my vusa via dropbox last year.can I get emergency interview date for them or it will be the normal route( intervuew date search)

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ofime123(m): 11:10am On Feb 11
We are also not ready to talk about all the exploitation the western countries are exploiting the whole of Africa. They exploit us of our natural resources. We will also exploit their immigration system thank you.
hunee:
If you have to travel out for opportunities, carry go.
I support relocation 100 percent.

Everyone has their own thing going, however, i am concerned about the exploitations in the system which we are not ready to even talk about.
I rest my case.

Daalụ
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 1:18pm On Feb 11
You joined the conversation a bit late, we had earlier spoken about abject poverty and bad governance
ofime123:
We are also not ready to talk about all the exploitation the western countries are exploiting the whole of Africa. They exploit us of our natural resources. We will also exploit their immigration system thank you.
Your input is noted.
Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 1:24pm On Feb 11
The incessant chopper crash in America Air Space exposes the ills of the Aviation Industry in the United States. I do not want to begin to talk about the number of Notable people who died in these unfortunate circumstances in the last 5 years . Y'all remember Kobe? Terrible, RIP Sir Herbert and Others.

https://www.nairaland.com/7997213/access-bank-announces-death-ceo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 1:42pm On Feb 11
Fill the applications and get appointments for them using the normal route. You will then attend their interview with them when the time comes since they are minors. Ensure you have a valid visa yourself at the time of the interview.

Aisha90:
Good day everyone!
Please I would like to apply for visa for my 3yr old and 1yr old as I renewed my vusa via dropbox last year.can I get emergency interview date for them or it will be the normal route( intervuew date search)

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Belizas: 8:03pm On Feb 11
Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved“ Pls how long am I going to wait when I get this message on my dashboard..
URGENTLY ANSWER PLS

AvaDaisy:
Hello all, pls has anyone had to wait for email approval to book an appointment for the B1/B2. If yes pls how long does it take to get the email with the approval?

I’ve been waiting for about 12 days now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 8:06pm On Feb 11
I hope your purpose for expedited appointment is not related to pleasure
Belizas:
Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved“ Pls how long am I going to wait when I get this message on my dashboard..
URGENTLY ANSWER PLS

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AvaDaisy(f): 8:36pm On Feb 11
There’s no specific timeframe , I waited 3 weeks, some people have waited longer. You just have to be patient.

Belizas:
URGENTLY ANSWER PLS

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by earthrealm(m): 9:14pm On Feb 11
shipdoc:
I submitted drop box on 30th January.
Yesterday, the application portal is showing that my passport has been returned from consular processing.
I could no longer track the application as it is showing NO DATA RETURNED. The last time I checked it, it was showing application received. Now I can’t access it again.
Finally, I saw continue on the application portal and clicked on it, I saw interview dates in June, July, August

I guess I will need to go for physical interview based on this?

I am stressed because it means I have to wait and look for interview dates again… I saw June but didn’t choose it.

so does that mean, u were selected for follow up interview?..

or the norm now is to invite every drop box person for interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:43pm On Feb 11
Belizas:
URGENTLY ANSWER PLS

You’ll surely get a response. It can be as short as 24 hours and as long as a month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Belizas: 10:04pm On Feb 11
Hello all, pls what does this mean mean?
AvaDaisy:
Hello all, pls has anyone had to wait for email approval to book an appointment for the B1/B2. If yes pls how long does it take to get the email with the approval?

I’ve been waiting for about 12 days now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Belizas: 10:06pm On Feb 11
Hello Debieeee, is thr anything I can do to get a response quicker??
Debbieeeeeee:

You’ll surely get a response. It can be as short as 24 hours and as long as a month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:47pm On Feb 11
Belizas:
Hello Debieeee, is thr anything I can do to get a response quicker??
Nothing at all. You just need to wait for the email. When I renewed, I noticed that some people had to wait for two months to receive the email. So, I renewed my with the understanding that it might take some time. However, to my surprise, I received the email to schedule the renewal in less than 24 hours.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 12:07am On Feb 12
Debbieeeeeee:

Nothing at all. You just need to wait for the email. When I renewed, I noticed that some people had to wait for two months to receive the email. So, I renewed my with the understanding that it might take some time. However, to my surprise, I received the email to schedule the renewal in less than 24 hours.

Wow lucky you, lagos or Abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:46am On Feb 12
iyanuakin:

Wow lucky you, lagos or Abuja?
This was last year July in Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NairaLuck: 1:30am On Feb 12
Thank you very much, i will just do it here in Nigeria, if they refuse i will travel and apply from within. Hope thats fine

Debbieeeeeee:

To change your immigration status and prove that you did not have any intention to study before entering the USA, you need to file for AOS. However, I recommend that you apply for an F1 visa from Nigeria instead of going through the stressful process of hiring a lawyer to help you with the application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Belizas: 12:39pm On Feb 12
My program starts in May 13 2024…
Debbieeeeeee:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:17pm On Feb 12
Belizas:
My program starts in May 13 2024…
School or church or work?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Wumi1234: 1:47pm On Feb 12
This Agents who assist others to get US visa interview appointments. Are they for real? And does it not have any effect on the visa application?
Please I need answers

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Segun889, MimieeCK, fkj950ax(m), Taal17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.