Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46463 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Since Coro is in town and you have done private investigation,biko lend him o ...or give him as your own pallative since it is chicken change...this is an exception to the rules.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by galadima77(m): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
dederocs:
wicked girl, so you have to seek advice from strangers to help a man that has stood by you...nonsense

She's not wicked. It's the average Nigerian girl's mentality on display. Very terrible and unfortunate.

Meanwhile the guy will be thinking he has a reasonable girl for a lover. Na their type dey say "she loves me very much.."
Rubbish.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by SearchFirst: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I e , what do you think? Should I borrow him?

No . Give him what you can afford to dash him, or simply shop to restock for him and send him the palliatives via dispatch.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Liliantalks: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
Don't borrow him. Just dash him from your heart. And don't put your mind, your hope of marriage on a man because you are spending on him.

Just be good to him if you have. If the relationship work out fine. If it doesn't work out, still be fine.

But be very careful. Be sure he's not in the relationship because of your money.
Good luck
Why will she spend for a man who’s her boyfriend without hving hope of marriage
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Dear Nairaland Guys;

"Ants will always be attracted to sugar, but they also leave when they have finished the sugar. Be wise, Don't marry a human ant. A person who will only stay married to you while you are sweetly buoyant, and will walkout when you are bitterly broke"

A message from Reno.

A word for the wise is enough.
what is this one saying? undecided
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by JasonJidenna(m): 11:32am On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
what is this one saying? undecided
What your soft brains can never comprehend.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by fergie001: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Dear Nairaland Guys;

"Ants will always be attracted to sugar, but they also leave when they have finished the sugar. Be wise, Don't marry a human ant. A person who will only stay married to you while you are sweetly buoyant, and will walkout when you are bitterly broke"

A message from Reno.

A word for the wise is enough.
If you know, you know grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by emmy7285: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
If u have give him and try him
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by okomile(f): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
O.Y.O.

Don't ever try it..
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by airminem(f): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

Yes. Lend me too sis
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by jericco1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
And you had to open a new account to make the poor dude look inferior abi undecided
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Happyguy201: 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
mumu girl. why do you even need advice on this. he is your bf for fuckss sake
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by ogubolokento(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Don't lend dash him at once
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by ZhyonKross(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
You don't need to ask at all, yes please do immediately weather he pays you back or not,
never ask him to pay again...
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Ferraribaby(f): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Borrow him
You said he is your boyfriend,so do it
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by bibiking7(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2020

No..... Dash him.

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by heartbraker(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him nah that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers
u too mumu

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by zicoraads: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Smh.

Women will what?

Hembarras you. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by JacksWags: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Help him out!
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by UKBobo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
It is chicken change and you're questioning - my goodness shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Risentouch(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
So the money is like chicken change to you, but you are here disturbing our peace
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by laughter123: 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
He has borrowed before and pay back. In this lockdown, you have more than enough, then give him. If truly he makes your heart melt then give him. I see nothing wrong in you helping him especially in this situation. Please let's show love to anyone we can to.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by tempex88(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

Dash him the money. It's just for upkeep
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Miracle5720(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
if you love him, you can borrow him, since you said he is broke due to the lockdown, he may even be testing you on the order hand, because men truly love women who can do and undo for them, i think he may be testing you, to know who you are, how much you cares for him....asap
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by wwwtortoise(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ussycool:
Dash him what you can, don't even try to borrow him.
As far as I am concern, I don't borrow my girlfriend money, I gave her what I can and that's all.

And I don't expect my girlfriend to borrow me when I am broke, just give what you can.

And I hate it when my girlfriend make my requests a public topic.

Your last sentence suggests you are the boyfriend in question.

Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Keji1012(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him nah that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers

In fact, i am not sorry to say u lack brain and wisdom.. This is the most useless comment on nairaland so far

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by tempest01(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

This posts reeks of foolishness. Buy foodstuffs and give him if you don't want to give him money.

I am very sure when the going was good , he didn't think twice before spending on you. Look at you now.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by fabianiyobosa(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is so disrespectful to the guy. I pray he sees this and breaks up with you. What if it was the other way round? Will you be happy if he requires the opinion of others before he can help you?

When I saw, "He has been working for 5 years", I just shook my head, what has that got to do with his request? Why did you have to bring that up?

Nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Adakintroy2: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Abeg make una go sit down.

If na to borrow or take free una no de anounce..na money you Wan give your guy na you come here to come announce. Plus you say him Don pay you in the past and you admitted say na because of the period. So wet in you de come here for.

How you go feel if him carry your matter cme public something you ask am for private.

Free your mind do good If him default then know how to follow am.

Even me de find girl we de try. I need money to do my licence for dispatch. I need help too. E no easy.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Otii4god: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hanty forget d borrow if you do am give away I no see anything bad inside, moreover you self don say na chicken change compare to what you are having right now. Better still you fit stock his house with as much as you can afford n give him small pocket money join all say cos na lock down, aswear ur man will appreciate you for life. Don't always hold on to what you'll get back in return, always let love lead so far as it's for the right reasons
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by pocohantas(f): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Haba. How can you be so wicked?

You are not supposed to be asking if you can LEND him. You shouldn’t be here asking any nonsense question.

Whether the past guys have been ingrates or not is totally irrelevant to the fact that- someone you claim to love is currently in need and you are doubting if you should help.

Aunty, do you have conscience at all?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Joshforeal: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Chicken Change.
Takes care of you
You vowed never to give men money.
You're willing to see your so called boyfriend go hungry.
Nigerian men seems we have to really take to the advice of dose who asked we focus only on women from other races.
@Op just break up with the so called boyfriend. If you have to ask strangers this question, then your search for a true relationship hasn't reached it's conclusion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation / Adam And Eve Inspired Pre-Wedding Photos / What It Really Means When A Lady Uses The Word "Dear" On You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.