Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46452 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Emmapub(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
Y are u like this? U are supposed to give him money not borrow him after u confessed that he is nice and still u come here to ask the public on what to do. My dear I don't like this

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
He has to assure you he'll pay back. But just to ask, why does he keep borrowing money? He works doesn't he? What expenses or responsibilities makes him run out of money? He needs to be financially disciplined if he's going to be a responsible partner/husband
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

I shouldn't have advised you because your act is childish, but let me enlighten you.

From your writeup, he only borrowed money from you once, which he paid back. You said he is caring etc.

BTW I doubt if the money is a chicken change to you because if it is, you won't bother coming here to seek for opinions

While not go to the market and get him foodstuffs if you are skeptical of borrowing him money, instead of tabling your private issue here.

Or divide the money into two and borrow or give him one part if you're afraid he won't pay back. But you said it's chicken change to you, I don't see any big deal here.

Seeking for approval from nairalanders before you save your so called lover from the grip of hunger speaks volume of who you are...

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by AfroKnight: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
You shouldn’t even be debating this. There is a good reason for the loan. This lockdown caught some people at the worst time.

If a friend had asked you wouldn’t you have given her? Why is it difficult now that it’s your boyfriend that’s asking? Give him the loan before I open my eye.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by goldenboyofpsy(m): 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

God bless Tumininu... She's married now but we were just friends that looked out for each other's good. She will spend and still spent when I had financial problem last year without asking me to pay her back even when I chose to. She's one of a kind.

Countless number of times she has helped me financially even I choose to repay,she tells me I gave you I didn't borrow you. She once borrowed me money to start a business (wanted to give me) but because I didn't use it for business,I returned it back. This is the story of a friend how much more your lover?

Well, answers are in your write up but believe me if it were the other way round, how would you feel?

Have just been lucky with ladies Sha.... You don't need validation to help people. Just do it. Like someone said if you have doubts,give what you can do away with.

Aunty, get him food stuffs and add some cash to it. You can tell him your little savings was what you used since he is in dire need and you can't watch him starve.... If a man will lick you dry, it will take the Spirit of God to help you not human knowledge.

Lastly,your past relationships shouldn't make you less human being. It should teach you how to do it better. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by blackmanblack(m): 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
@Traceey,
If you deem it fit in your heart to loan the soul that melt you hardened heart and also showered you with love please do. And if you so wish not to loan him, please dont. Why drag your man all in the name of "chicken change" in this hard the. Table turns my dear
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by idahme(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
Where is the much talked about gender equality ,if it was the guy him no go come here come seek advice oooooooo. Give am Wetin u fit give

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by taibat61(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
Kobicove:

The fact that he has borrowed before and repaid suggests that he will not default this time.

The fact remains however that an average Nigeria does not like repaying loans.

As a general rule when lending money that is not secured do not part with an amount you cannot afford to loose especially when lending to family and friends.

See how u dey use "fact"

So people who borrow money from carbon and pay back @ first is a fact dt they will never runfrom carbon

Think well b4 u use d word fact
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by nsiba: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him now that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers

See wetin human being born

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Truth be told, you are heartless. You said you have enough, that the money your bf is asking from you is chicken change to you.

He has borrowed just once from you and he paid you back. Now, he is broke, with no foodstuff due to the lockdown (so maybe his source of income has been cut) and he asked you to lend him money. It's not as if he has made it a habit to borrow from you. He is broke because of the lockdown.

You then came to Nairaland to ask if you should borrow him (when you have enough and d said amount he is asking from you is chicken change to you).

You and all those advising you to borrow him or not to borrow him are very stupid!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by drmikeadams(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

grin grin grin since he borrowed d first one and Paid back then lend him d money grin grin if hunger keeeee him u will miss dat his long chuku chuku
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by tallerSSS: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Forget about relationship now, help a needy friend now.
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Give him.

That said, what has he been doing with his money if "he has been working for about 5 years now?". He should have lots of money saved by now. Anyway, give him and help him out so he can have food to eat, but if you're considering marrying this guy, he needs to get his finances together.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by KIDfurniture(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Even when he marries u ! That nija spirit no go let u help am. U ladies re demon when it comes to money matter .

Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Glink2018(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
You said, The money is like a chicken change to you and you came to the forum to ask for advice...
Do you know how many unknown people some naira landers are sending money into their account because of this lockdown? In your own case, you are aware that the guy no get foodstuff and he even stools low to ask you for money from you, and you are doubtful about giving him the money. And I'm sure the guy could have spent on you without doubting.....
It is obvious that you don't love this guy, you still come to this guy living with the old baggage.....
May God forgive you. I'm sure if the guy is at the point of death, this is the same attitude you will show to him.....if I know the guy, I will ask him to leave you while you go and solve your old baggage. .,
Honestly, naija love Nah scam.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Champneys: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Ok.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by blackmanblack(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
blackmanblack:
@Traceey,
If you deem it fit in your heart to loan the soul that melt you hardened heart and also showered you with love please do. And if you so wish not to loan him, please dont. Why drag your man all in the name of "chicken change" in this hard time. Table turns my dear

#acrimony#
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by JayDialo: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please just dash him the money he is asking for if you can afford it. Remember good deeds are often remembered by guys...
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
I swear that your boyfriend no dey spank you wella for you to ask this kinda question angry
I think we should start gender equality, many women will go into extinction for sure.
Nonsense and...

you're a real nigga. a lady I met 5days in a date have given me 20k before

this kind girl go give you money and still announce it to public. imagine her saying she had more than enough yet she's still feeling insecure

what's the essence of a relationship if you can't sacrifice. the guy is caring and loving but your own turn to reciprocate, you bring his matter here

Op, you're still immature, you need to grow up. like my guy I quote say, the guy no dey fvck you well. If the guy dey fvck you well, you go don sell your papa properties give him before you know

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by humilitypays(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dear lord, please bless all Nigerian men so they won't ever depend on any woman's money to survive, so I pray through Jesus Christ cry

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by TheManOfTheYear: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lostz:
the money is like chicken change to you but you are still asking us question?

you can't even help with money or buy foodstuffs for him so he won't die of hunger?

I blame guys that spend their money on taking care of women. ordinary 20days lockdown and he can't afford to feed.

he won't be in this situation if he saved all the money he use in taking care of you
God bless you my nigga.
You shall never run dry for this.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Humility017(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him now that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers

Ohh my goodness....
You're really a small girl...
There is so much you need to know about marriage.

Damn...just cant believe an adult wrote this..
Do you know how many homes the husband and wife put their finance together to run in Lagos, Abuja and other cities in Nigeria ? If they don't tell you .... you won't know

Marriage is team work....

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by adexpa(m): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
I think your evaluation should be.... How is he spending his salary, if he is a lavish spender, you will have to talk to him on how to control his spendings and told him you don't like borrowing him money. Let him know that you are doing that cus you want him to be more responsible. You can borrow him if you sees him to be a serious type.

Note;
It looks like you need a prudent guy and the one you are with now never fit the shoe well cus your coming here shows you are indoubt of him.
You can help him out in his spendings.... Talk to him on prudence.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Give him half as a gift
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by humilitypays(m): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
aeion:
Give him.

That said, what has he been doing with his money if "he has been working for about 5 years now?". He should have lots of money saved by now. Anyway, give him and help him out so he can have food to eat, but if you're considering marrying this guy, he needs to get his finances together.

most jobs in Nigeria are hand to mouth pay.....the salary cannot even feed the employee for 30 days, most borrow to eat and survive and then pay back at the end of the month and the cycle continues cry
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by don4real18(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
You are a disappointment to education
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by eddy60: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Meninmen:
Truth be told, you are heartless. You said you have enough, that the money your bf is asking from you is chicken change to you.

He has borrowed just once from you and he paid you back. Now, he is broke, with no foodstuff due to the lockdown (so maybe his source of income has been cut) and he asked you to lend him money. It's not as if he has made it a habit to borrow from you. He is broke because of the lockdown.

You then came to Nairaland to ask if you should borrow him (when you have enough and d said amount he is asking from you is chicken change to you).

You and all those advising you to borrow him or not to borrow him are very stupid!
It's her money, why are you abusing her? You can't do it as well stop been an hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
humilitypays:
most jobs in Nigeria are hand to mouth pay.....the salary cannot even feed the employee for 30 days, most borrow to eat and survive and then pay back at the end of the month and the cycle continues cry
Wow, that is terrible.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by AsawanaDgreat: 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please give him almost everybody needs help this time.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
God bless you my nigga. You shall never run dry for this.
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pre Wedding Pics Of A Young Senior Police Officer And A Young Vibrant Lawyer / Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation / Adam And Eve Inspired Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.