Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46456 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by lawrenzooo: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

That you still considering whether to give him or not even after knowing he has no food tells alot about your personality. To think he is even someone you claim to love is more shocking.
Love is all about lifting and supporting people in there trial time. Now this is what I call women's inhumanity to men.
Help that guy whether or not he appreciate it. When I assist people I don't even wait for them to say thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by lasisi69(f): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
cool

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by JasonJidenna(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
fergie001:

If you know, you know grin

Make wisdom nor go wound you one day. grin
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by just2endowed: 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him nah that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers

Your advice seems OK. If she feel she can't borrow him, let her buy food stuff for him.

Even me here self, I wish I could see a girlfriend that will say come take food stuff .

This Coro season is something else
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Wazobia20: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
To be in a position to give is a great privilege...Give as charity acts not as BF

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by zicoraads: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
You are shameless to be honest.

This is why some of us actually do laugh when some Nigerian ladies carry the toga of feminism up and about. Nigerian girls are mostly hypocrites.

I'm sure if roles were reversed, he'll do it without creating a thread on Nairaland to ask for strangers opinions towards helping someone you know is good to you.

40k that in your words, is change.

I pity that man you are with. I really pity him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Alove1(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
Let's say I'm your boyfriend and I finally opened up to you about my ordeal and you're thinking about it and asking people's opinion. If I find out, I won't collect that thing from you. Simple.

I'll get the money from somewhere else. If the situation were to be reversed would he give it to you or first think about it? Answer the question, it will inform your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by fergie001: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Make wisdom nor go wound you one day. grin
You wey be Solomon grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by titigbo(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=Trayceey post=88687052]Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?[Do good all the time]
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by AndyM6: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
You’ve said it all yourself, he’s been good to you and more so he returned it the last time. If he means any harm to you he would have been collecting from you when he is not even in need of it. Like you said the money is requested for is chicken change, as it stands you should rather dash him, instead of borrowing him. You will thank me later cos he’ll surely adore you more.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by hardcore007: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
Girl you’re so mean.
If I were your boyfriend and I stumbled upon this on Nairaland I swear I will delete your number.
In this lockdown that half of Nigeria is hungry that you seek advice to give chicken money like you said to someone that has been so sweet to you. All because some guys messed up in the past.
Fvcck your money, he will survive this lockdown anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by ursamajor: 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
For how long have you be dating him
You guys have been together and he has been borrowing money from you and he has been returning it
Please borrow him
This lockdown is worst
Hunger are killing people faster than corona ryt

And don’t be suprise Guys this May happen in Lagos
Next week.again
Check the pics below
Exactly bro, I heard from a reliable source the lockdown will last for 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by jeff1607(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
why ask the public for permission for something so private?
Guys give ladies without even asking for permission from anyone
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by toluleke(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
I will advice you to dash him that money but see if he tries to repay or his gesture. If he is responsible he should or probably repay with a gift but if not he is looking for a milking machine. Na small small he go dey ask till he throws a larger bill on you and move. Never marry a burden male or female
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Asekhamhe1: 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
There os a genuine reason for it so lend him
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hunger will kill people faster than this corona
ursamajor:

Exactly bro, I heard from a reliable source the lockdown will last for 3 months.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by deavicky(m): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?
na wa for you. The Nigger might not even be asking for too much as per he needs it for food. Just maybe 50k u are being stingy. While u have more than enough. Send his him to me let me advise him to leave you.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Worksunlimited: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Give an amount you can overlook if he doesn't pay back..
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Ussycool: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
wwwtortoise:

Your last sentence suggests you are the boyfriend in question.

Just saying.
That is bitter truth man. When ur girl ask u to borrow her money, tell her that u will seek approval with ur mum.

She will react.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by tonee45: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:

But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Marry him and borrow him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Ishilove: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

My sister leave long story and borrow the man since he has proven to be reliable.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Dnonso22: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
I’m sorry to tell you that you’re very stupid for this post.. Tell him you’re broke if your conscience will let you., can you imagine? He’s nice and good yet you wanna know if you should help out!!!

Ah!!! I pray for many in their unions.

Believe me, you can kill him if you knew all this things about him and the circumstances around his needs and you still wanna know if you should help!!! Heart of men @ 2pac

3 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by greatseed: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
How does this kind of topic make front page & reasonable topics don't get the appropriate attention. Hmmmm pscheew

Instead of seeking attention on nairaland abt ur personal affair... Don't you have friends n family you can seek such advise from?

Dnt dig this at all & I dnt blame u either, whoever got this 2FP undecided
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by 79733139(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Whether you borrow him or not, he wouldn't die of hunger. He would likely sort himself out. There is no point looking for advice, do whatever you feel like doing.

Trayceey:
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by aimmoney9: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
NO GIVE IT TO ME TO SAVE FOR YOU
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by pek(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
gfon:
I dnt expect you to borrow that guy that money since u said it's like chicken change. Why not dash him the money or better still go to the market and get the foodstuffs that u know would be okay for him
This person just spoke my mind? Are you my twin? Op, do this. You are not even supposed to give it a second thought.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Easybela:
undecided All men are not the same dear,lend him as that will enable you know him more. One huge risk I took while dating was to give my bfs account number to my company and my salary was being paid there. I later had close to 800k in his account, dude went to open a separate account with my name and also got ATM card,the money was safe with him till I needed it,(don't try that though), just to let you know that some guys are angels. Lend him but keep close eye on him

Soffry dey Bobo. The lie is too obvious Na.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by jaxxy(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

If sm1 borrows and pays back it's never wrong to help aslong as he doesn't abuse it. If u can borrow it colleagues why is it wrong to borrow a guy aslong as he pays back as at when due or when he has.

It's not a huge sm and neither are u dashing him.

I have done alot for many ingrate gals in the past bt I've learnt to difference the rat from the mouse. I can even borrow an ex if they are sure to pay back.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Evidenx(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

DONT ENCOURAGE HIM TO LIVE A LIFE OF BORROW, SO THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO : CUT D MONEY HE WANTS TO BORROW INTO 2,THEN GIVE HIM ONE PART AS A GIFT, TELL HIM NOT TO PAY BACK. HE WILL LOVE YOU D MORE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation / Adam And Eve Inspired Pre-Wedding Photos / What It Really Means When A Lady Uses The Word "Dear" On You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.