Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46382 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by OriOko88(m): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him now that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers
You dey misyarn, be like hunger don dey wire you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by OriOko88(m): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
Margy:
If it's chicken change.. then give him
I wonder how much you call chicken change!

If not..do not give him. Don't give him large money and expect him to pay back.. it's impossible.

Modified
Infact give him half of the chicken change so you don't be like Melinda of the movie Acrimony... you need to save... save for the rainy day!!

Na 5k she dey call chicken change
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by gabicon: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

If you are uncomfortable giving him money, you can order for groceries for him on Jumia and it will be delivered to his door step.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by pomide(m): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

Look at how much he has spent on you... Dates, gifts everything included.... Now rethink if you should borrow him/dash him money.

But I don't pray to date a girl like the op though

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Oyiboman69: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

The food that you'll still eat more than half of it...wicked girl,no wonder those guys are running from your selfish attitude

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by KanuSE: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Are you prepared to continue borrowing him for the rest of your life? in the first place why did you allow him to know your financial worth? of course he will want to milk you dry. Be wise, invest your money instead, stop enabling his begging attitude. Many ladies have been hurt, their money gone forever because they borrowed their boyfriends money. Good luck

It's funny how lots of girls complain when they shower love on their bf or splash the cash. grin
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Slickszoom(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
I have read so many replies and i find out that most females here are just so dumb.. you can imagine with their rationality if tables were turned.. like having a rich female date a poor broke boys for love? But guys often at times date poor broke girls for love and even marry them out of love/pity.
Back to your question.. since you understood that he’s actually broke and needed the funds for stock up.. why not give him what you can afford to let go.. he told you borrow out of shame of asking you for help... at your discretion, give him what you can afford and forget it.. that’s accommodating in relationships... it’s fair
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by ACE1010: 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
So what do you want us to say again na?? You've confessed he melted your hardened heart with love, he had borrowed from you before and paid back, he has ran out of food in his house and I'm sure both of you consumed all the food oo grin cheesy grin cheesy
Kukuma dash am the money since it's a chicken change to you... I rest my case angry sad angry
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Mypeople2(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Babe sometimes I feel like weeping .If it is a guy giving his babe money nobody will hear about it but when it is a lady giving a guy money there will be an issue .You observe that the guy is broke,yet you are asking us if you can lend him some money.Babe why are you like this ? Do you want the love of your life to die of hunger while you have it ?
Ladies should note something, it is not the number of years you spend with a guy that matters but your actions in those period of hardship,pain or sorrow

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
i swear you are very heartless. if i am that guy and i found out you came here asking to give help in this present predicament i will never have anything to do with you. how can you treat him this way because of your past experiences after all the nice things he has done for you like you said. do you think this lockdown would last forever. it's tough everywhere and you think this is the time that money should define a relationship. you are sick and wicked. but you don't even know yet. someone like you would get married and build a house and not even let your hubby know. gerrra outta here. you disgust me. shove your money down your throat in the end he will still survive. just imagine

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Mypeople2:
Babe sometimes I feel like weeping .If it is a guy giving his babe money nobody will hear about it but when it is a lady giving a guy money there will be an issue .You observe that the guy is broke,yet you are asking us if you can lend him some money.Babe why are you like this ? Do you want the love of your life to die of hunger while you have it ?
Ladies should note something, it is not the number of years you spend with a guy that matters but your actions in those period of hardship,pain or sorrow

APTLY PUT MY GUY.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Magnifque01: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Its understandable because of the lockdown situation. Please help if you can.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?[/quote]
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by harizonal123(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
thanks
It's best you leave him in peace and look for another bf that doesn't borrow

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by favour32(m): 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Men!(Especially the unmarried ones).
You see now!
Table turn now for money matter this female dey ask nairaland if she fit borrow her boyfriend money.
I nor believe this publication.May be na fictional.
But if na reality or fictional, make men learn o.
90% of men dey help their broke girlfriend 24 hours.
But when table turn,the world go hear especially Africa wey e dey happen yagayaga.
Avoid greedy girlfriend.Many nor dey good as wife.
Wife na helper.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Trailblazer93: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
EM123:
my brother am saying this because of the little experience i have from women , married or unmarried , if u meet a girl and u sleep with her without giving her anything i don't think she will come back tomorrow , don't forget that when u are sleeping with a girl, u are sleeping with all her friends , when she is coming to ur house her friends know , when u Bleep her without giving her anything her friends will laugh at her and she will never come back , unless she love u very much and cannot afford to loose u.
Hmm, even if you give her money not will not stop her from fucking som1 dat is not given her nada... When I dy skul e dis babe wey I dy Bleep steady and I no dy give her shishi, she get guy wey dy gv her everything yet babe dy cum crash for my place. Na she dy mostly call me sef (maybe cuz I hottt sha cool. So my guy no be wetin you gv her naim go mak her stay. I no say mak no dy greedy oo but mak sure say the babe no dy finger ur brain
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Dantepet3000: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Tell him yiu will borrow from someone and borrow him by extension, he will be aware its not usually always from u. If u can't help your boyfriend I mean why are u in a relationship?. I understand your position n situation but life is just what it is. uote author=Trayceey post=88687052]Fellow nairalanders,

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?[/quote]
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by KanuSE: 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Profmaojo:
wrong advice, wrong advice..pls be careful of the kind of advice you listen and adhere to. Look it is in time of need that we really know who is ours. If you can't help him in his time of need, this shows that you are not worth getting Married to..the truth is the guy might actually use this as a reason to marry you or stay away from you unless he genuinely knows that you don't have.

Will you be able to convince him that you don't have??
What will be your excuses??

@bolded,

You sound like the lady is being done a favour by marrying her. Giving/helping the bf with the money should not be seen as a Right but a privilege.

No wonder Nigerian men's false sense of entitlement is nauseating to our black queens. cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
rangerover:
i swear you are very heartless. if i am that guy and i found out you came here asking to give help in this present predicament i will never have anything to do with you. how can you treat him this way because of your past experiences after all the nice things he has done for you like you said. do you think this lockdown would last forever. it's tough everywhere and you think this is the time that money should define a relationship. you are sick and wicked. but you don't even know yet. someone like you would get married and build a house and not even let your hubby know. gerrra outta here. you disgust me. shove your money down your throat in the end he will still survive. just imagine
lol...is it your money?
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by zubinike(m): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

A legend once taught me never to lend money to anybody, Give what you know won't kill you.
My advice, buy food stuff for him if you can.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by grandstar(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

If I was dating you, I would dump you. You're not doing him a favor giving him money. It's what expected of you.

You should consider it a privilege for you to help him out when he's down. You don't need to come here to ask. He's ticked all the right boxes already so what do you want?

My senior brother told me he was a pauper when he married his Turkish wife. He said Nigerian girls were always sizing him. They are now comfortable.

My younger brother as well. They are okay now, living in a middle class part of London.

Many Nigerian guys have a fetish for white girls and it's this kind of behavior that causes it. They don't see a relationship as one sided where the man is the one always dropping money. They don't even ask for money!

Obviously if you're married and things are tough for him, your assistance to him will be limited. You're both one my friend. If he's down, you're down and vice versa. Investing in your marriage and husband is the best investment you can ever make.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by KanuSE: 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
rangerover:

Haba! On top her money - guy you're very rugged. grin

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by hoygift(m): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lostz:
the money is like chicken change to you but you are still asking us question?

you can't even help with money or buy foodstuffs for him so he won't die of hunger?

I blame guys that spend their money on taking care of women. ordinary 20days lockdown and he can't afford to feed.

he won't be in this situation if he saved all the money he use in taking care of you

She has been saving the money instead, but it's no longer his own this time. Just like my bank making a thread to know people's opinion b4 they credit me.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by KanuSE: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Be my gf, I NEED YOUR MONEY! grin
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by KanuSE: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Diamondcan:
since u said he is a nice guy and most importantly the money he asked is a chicken money plz do give him. wht will u den say abt me that met my boo just 2days to the lockdown n he hasn't given me a penny and right now he is in my house and am feeding him without any contribution from him n am happy doing that. i believe he is broke at the moment and am happy to be of help. AFTER the lockdown whether he goes or stay no wahala, am happy am of help wen he needs it without wanting anything in return but his sincerity

2days to lockdown and you're already camping him...nawa for you o Mother Theresa.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by gfon(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
pek:
This person just spoke my mind? Are you my twin? Op, do this. You are not even supposed to give it a second thought.
lol i jst might be
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Spain007(m): 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
One good turn deserves another...since you've borrowed him bfr and he paid back,you can try him again.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by HARDDON: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
it's amazing how some female folks reason.

let's try and reverse the stands op.

if you were the one that ran out of cash including common food stuffs and the guy noticed, do you think he will wait for you to ask for it first before he transfers good sums to you, FREELY?

You are very wicked.
You ignored the fact that he was broke, waited for him to still swallow his mannish airs to ask( borrow, not free as he would have done...) and instead of wholeheartedly giving to him without hesitation, you run down to nland to betray his freaking trust by asking your fellow baggage carriers for advice.
Really wicked soul.

same thing happens with married folks.
husband would be feeding the family for years and nobody hears about it. But the very hour wify spends her money to buy tomatoes, the world would hear about it.

Please keep your money. It's better for the guy to starve than collect a penny from you. may he wake up and realise what you really are. BAGGAGE CARRIER.

And to you small fishes out there that always carry the weights of pass toxic relationships, because of YOUR poor choices, into new ones, keep on.
you will definately learn the hard way, someday, that it is not for naughts that individuals have different finger prints.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by verifiedlegacy: 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Strawberryg:

The person u quoted is simply bitter n senseless. I thank God that u know for a fact that everyone isn't same. Are u going to be single forever? Uncle please go n marry...

thank you dearie for this consolatory comment.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by MrFly(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
A man will feed a woman 4 ten yearz without noise yet a woman will seek advice 4rm her parents, friends or even the gods to feed a man 4 three days. Gold diggers. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Ryocaj(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Dear Nairaland Guys;

"Ants will always be attracted to sugar, but they also leave when they have finished the sugar. Be wise, Don't marry a human ant. A person who will only stay married to you while you are sweetly buoyant, and will walkout when you are bitterly broke"

A message from Reno.

A word for the wise is enough.
Women are dumb.. u can trust him with ur pvssy but not with ur money.. u can open ur legs anytime but hesitate to share ur money.. lol

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by zicoraads: 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Diamondcan:
since u said he is a nice guy and most importantly the money he asked is a chicken money plz do give him. wht will u den say abt me that met my boo just 2days to the lockdown n he hasn't given me a penny and right now he is in my house and am feeding him without any contribution from him n am happy doing that. i believe he is broke at the moment and am happy to be of help. AFTER the lockdown whether he goes or stay no wahala, am happy am of help wen he needs it without wanting anything in return but his sincerity
But...

You no get sense sha. grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Of 3yrs Left Me Because Of #30000 / Letter To A Nairalander I Have A Huge Crush On / Ladies, Tips For Defecating In Your Boyfriend's Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.