Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG (60701 Views)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Content Of The Rice Donated By FG To Oyo State (graphics Pics) / Ajimobi Leaving Oyo Government House After Handover (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Vulcan24(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2020
some Comments here can cause pandemic

he did the right thing

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Pat081: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2020
I dnt think so he may need the rice more than people of oyo state or he may b in oyo
adadike:
sometimes, I wonder if you are truly okay?

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Jflex07(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

I was with your poppy last time at the check up place

Ask to confirm
mumu.can you and your family consume weevil infested rice? Onye ara!
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Rebuke: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:
The rice was seized by the customs

To seyi everything is politics

If customs failed in checking and nafdac also did

Why all the noise ?

Certify you he good ones and destroy the ones that are not good for human consumption

Please and please bros, I need yhu to kindly point out the politics here?

Can we not just be like this for once?

So, after inspecting the rice and found to contain weelves he should go ahead distribute to the poor masses like that? Is that what yhu call sense?

Sorry, yhu have a big problem. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Kayharry(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:
A lady has complained about the poor quality of that rice through a video in Ogun state.But she was arrested and forced to apologize.Those bad and expired rice can cause illness or even death to Nigerians.Why the source no first eat them openly and certify them good for consumption before distributing them to households?
may be na the rice dey kill Dem for kano sef

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by hargbolahan01: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

Why all the noise ?

Certify you he good ones and destroy the ones that are not good for human consumption
just hear yourself...why would NAFDAC failed to check and certified what Nigerians will eat is that not the reason they are being paid or established in the first place?

and what is noise and politics here.... FG told us they gave rice to Oyo which we all commend and Oyo quality checked and found out it's bad and told us....is their anything bad there?

and besides seyi have a someone who people along in government to the point of mentioning the name of donor and how much they donate in the pandemic era to the point that he mention people that donate #1000, #500 and#50 ... is it political too be give account of ur government

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2020
The rice that the FG's propaganda machinery once described as not good for health to discourage people from buying imported rice.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by israelmao(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2020
Staro:

So, Yorubas are only good for expired rice ?

When Buhari was sharing #20K, he too it to the core Muslim North.
Now, it's time to share expired rice and he remembered Yoruba land.

Some Yoruba miscreants on Nairaland don't seem to know who their true enemies are.
I live in Lagos but have never in my lifetime heard a fight between Yorubas and Ibos.

But, I have lost count of fatal confrontations between Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas inside Yoruba land.

What a miracle the black bag suddenly became white!

I am not IBO. This is just my candid observation after many years of living in South West

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by AmazingELixir: 10:12am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

Why all the noise ?

undecided undecided undecided

Baseless sentiment has blinded you on both eyes...what is political in his statement...he should accept an weevil infested food and endanger the lives of his states men just to be politically correct for you huh.

I have reasons to be believe some of you reason through your anus

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by israelmao(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Staro:

So, Yorubas are only good for expired rice ?

When Buhari was sharing #20K, he too it to the core Muslim North.
Now, it's time to share expired rice and he remembered Yoruba land.

Some Yoruba miscreants on Nairaland don't seem to know who their true enemies are.
I live in Lagos but have never in my lifetime heard a fight between Yorubas and Ibos.

But, I have lost count of fatal confrontations between Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas inside Yoruba land.

I am not IBO. This is just my candid observation after many years of living in South West

What a miracle the black branded bag suddenly became white!

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by steve279(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
helinues:
Gov Seyi self too like noticed me

Return the rice without making noise out of it
when the rice was released to the state government, it was made publicly. Therefore, it return should also be made publicly so that the people he govern will not be asking what happened to the rice given to them by the federal government

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Kay25(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

Why all the noise ?

is that a noise for saying the truth in defence of his people?that's what a true democrat will do not ur so called bubu pretending to be Saint giving out infested rice for us to die since we are not apc members

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by hargbolahan01: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2020
helinues:
Gov Seyi self too like noticed me

Return the rice without making noise out of it
if he did and refuse to share the rice... won't you ask that he embezzled the rice?

since FG told the media they gave him rice and there is nothing for him to tell media if it is bad too

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by ZooOga: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2020
hmmm

"Are weevils harmful to humans?
Weevil Safety
Weevils, whether in larval or adult stage, are not harmful to humans or animals. Although it may seem unsavory to you, they can be eaten along with any food they have infested without causing any ill effects. ... If weevils eat the grains and die, observers know pesticides are present."
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Hoodbilonia: 10:15am On Apr 25, 2020
So customs with nafdac dey sleep during final validation.
Nawa o.
God why nigeria
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by elvisco10(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2020
CrimeKsmart:
Audio governor at it again.

Always wanting to score cheap political point against federal government without having tangible project to show.
What has Oyo state government done for her people in this trying time? Absolutely nothing.

If truly those rice had spoilt, the government of OYO won't hesitate to release a picture on any of her social media handle to prove they are right cos all his achievements are based on social media propagandas.

seeing ur write up.it shows u re a big fool!! FG is busy sharing moni in North..while west is for ?? Nigeria problem is when sbody is speaking out d wrongs going on.pipo rise against him or her
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Staro: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2020
CrimeKsmart:

Always wanting to score cheap political point against federal government without having tangible project to show.
What has Oyo state government done for her people in this trying time? Absolutely nothing.

If truly those rice had spoilt, the government of OYO won't hesitate to release a picture on any of her social media handle to prove they are right cos all his achievements are based on social media propagandas.

ZOMBIES will always remain ZOMBIES

Oga, is it today you're getting to hear that the bulk of the grains Buhari boasted he had in reserves are actually spoilt ?
Is Gov Makinde the first to report this ?

Where were you when several people in Ogun and Lagos raised same alarm ?
OK, you need pictures ?

1 Share

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by emperor863(m): 10:17am On Apr 25, 2020
mushystuff:

Hush please! What is the politics in sending back damaged goods to its point of origin? You say nothing to the wicked FG that knowingly loaded and distributed poison to Nigerians after seizing said commodity from businessmen yet you criticize one that refuses to quietly accept crap, why?

It's like your newfound sense is wearing off and you are gradually returning to zombie factory settings.

Did you write that rice was seized from 'businessmen'? Jesus!

So you regard smugglers destroying our economy as businessmen.

It is indeed true that a particular group of persons in Nigeria regards all sorts of criminality as business. Very soon, you'd be reading how some people turned twenty pounds to trillions of Naira.
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Tedpgrass: 10:18am On Apr 25, 2020
gbasquare:

If that was done as you have suggested, people like you will accuse his administration of hoarding the rice.
He has done the right thing by making it public. Right to freedom of information

Exactement!!!!

Bonjour monsieur!

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by adexpa(m): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2020
handie:
Everything shouldn't be about politics. I believe there's an established channel of communication which Makinde could have exploited in complaining about what he got and also seeking for a way to return them and if possible, get something better. I don't think running to the press in a bid to score some cheap political points is not cool. If na me be FG sha, if u no exploit our established channel of communication make complain but u Wan come use am make request, na OYO u dey. Just prepare to go media go ask for COVID-19 support, Budgetary support or anything wey u Wan ask me

I reasoned like you when I first saw the post, but I looked at it from another angle; Makinde is a public officer who must be accountable to his people, he might return the rice without the notice of his people and federal government refuse to return them another one, if he talks then federal government can say he is the one who rejected what they sent to his state n he wouldn't have good point to defend himself again. Everyone will blame him then n ask why he didn't speak up earlier. Politic is a smart game

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Hezmatosky: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

In as much as you are trying to make a point

The truth is you are not making sense

Am sure in your family 95% of them can’t have good testimonies about you
Oga take it easy naw. We all know hunger is everywhere, but don't come here to showcase it. A hungry man is an angry man cheesy
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by bkool7(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

Why all the noise ?

I don't see any politics here except the one you want to bring to it.
Some Nigerians have been showing pictures and videos of spoilt rice that the government gave to them and the govt said it all propaganda.
Is this not the same govt that said Nigerians should not eat those rice , that they're not safe for consumption. What has changed now ?
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by stormborn28(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

Why all the noise ?

to be sincere you lack sense... I mean very empty skull... Rice that was seized by customs but FG now find it good to give Nigerians..
If you were close to me here, I would have slapped you. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by DelphiOracle(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2020
Blackfire:
You seized this rice telling us they were not good, but you distributed the same rice to be consumed by the people..

This govt is wicked ehhhh
but how are u sure that it was the seized rice that was shared?
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by handie(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2020
adexpa:

I reasoned like you when I first saw the post, but I looked at it from another angle; Makinde is a public officer who must be accountable to his people, he might return the rice without the notice of his people and federal government refuse to return them another one, if he talks then federal government can say he is the one who rejected what they sent to his state n he wouldn't have good point to defend himself again. Everyone will blame him then n ask why he didn't speak up earlier. Politic is a smart game
that's another angle and kudos for trying to see the good in everyone. While your reason is good, there's every chance SM went to the media for political reasons. Do u think he'd have made this same move were he of the same party with the president?
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Pat081: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2020
U re right i call some of my friends in that ur state of Osun and they all say d same thing abut the rice
jogsman01:
There has been complaints on this same rice by the federal govt here in osun state. But some people will still call Makinde an enemy of the state.
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by MasterKernel: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

I must not reason or support your party to look responsible

I don’t tolerate thrash

Must he make noise about it ?

Return if you want to return Abc.

Is he the only one ?

You're as wicked as the devil. "Is he the only one", may they feed your family members those rice you're defending, it was till you lost somebody dear to you that you started wailing, fulls everywhere.
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2020
sarrki:

Why all the noise ?

You're a zombie.

To you everything na politics.

The people who received the rice in Ogun State and complained about it are also playing politics
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by am4truth(m): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2020
Sincerely, there is no politics in this. I support the governor's action.
It is like someone who has been given 500,000 naira cash to distribute as campaign fund publicly . Wisdom demands that you should count the money, to check if it is correct and there is no fake note inside.
While checking the government officials noticed so many fake notes.
In the above scenario, they can only inform the giver publicly.
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by hargbolahan01: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2020
CrimeKsmart:

go to
moniya-iseyin road,
bembo- apata,
gate-ojaba-bode road,
ibadan circular road and many more ... you will see work going there but they have stopped work since the outbreak of coronavirus in Ibadan

you will not see this but shouting no project... before you have a house you will need to build it first and before a govt give you good road he will go through stage of construction...so watch him as he his constructing road.... just because he is not putting it social media doesn't he is not doing it but if you want to see it yourself you can go round ibadan and see yourself

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by bkool7(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2020
handie:
that's another angle and kudos for trying to see the good in everyone. While your reason is good, there's every chance SM went to the media for political reasons. Do u think he'd have made this same move were he of the same party with the president?

The Fg giving the rice was politics because they gave it in the glare of the media.

It's better Seyi returns it publicly too.
It's all politics. The FG would have gone same too. They're are all the same
Re: Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG by stormborn28(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2020
adexpa:

you have spoken well sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fintiri Defeats Binani In Adamawa Governorship Election / Ikpeazu's Coronavirus Treatment Complicated By Kidney Failure - SR / MKO Abiola's Grave 18 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.