Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (23096 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:11am On Aug 01, 2007
glad to be of help amena.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Q(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hi.my microsoft office word 2007 vista just expired and im badly in need of a new one.the one i had on b4 was the trial version. i also would like to get my hands on any version of auto-card compartable with vista!! i need help asap!! THANKS! you could be kind enuf to send me a mail on innozek@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2007
Q:

Hi.my microsoft office word 2007 vista just expired and im badly in need of a new one.the one i had on before was the trial version. i also would like to get my hands on any version of auto-card compartable with vista!! i need help asap!! THANKS! you could be kind enough to send me a mail on innozek@yahoo.com
u sure are one lucky Basta, sorry person anyway i just got the autocard u requested from friend its 2008 and it is vista compatible, and it is cracked and working, also i have the msword u requested.u can give me a call 08022982697
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by hustla(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2007
vista downloadssss angryneed it badlyyyyyyyyy
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 3:19am On Oct 11, 2007
hey man i would really love to help but i need to know exactly what u want, if u want me to give u a downloaded copy of vista i.e the os it self , then sorrry man i cant do that cus mine came with ma system and i didnt have the need to go looking for a download, if its about some vista compatible applications , hmmm well i will seew aht i can do but it would help if u are specific
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by cyras: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2007
Hi guys,
I believe some of u guys have the windows vista cd copy which is a trial version for 30days if u need to activate it to a full version forever just email me cyras4blade@yahoo.com at no cost i will show the guildline, with this is very Genuine windows vista activation, even does of u which ur laptop came with pre-install windows vista due to one thing of the other the windows crash and it can't recovered this another advantage for u. am just here to help u guys so don't crucify me. have a nice day.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by peetah1: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2007
i know dat vista couldn't run programmes like autocad but this problem has now been resolved.
Does PDMS run on vista?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by anusule(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
hustla:

vista downloadssss angryneed it badlyyyyyyyyy
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Hayorbahmy(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2007
I just got a compaq presario last week and after just a week it stopped bringing sound.
I have checked the drivers and updated it to the latest and the problem still persists.
I dunno what to do cuz even with a headphoneb the sound is not owrking wot can I do
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by darznets(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2007
Has anyone tried Vista Ultimate? I have discovered that most of the shortcomings of Vista Home edition and Vista Business has been taken care of in Vista Ultimate,

If anyone desires to give it a try, just holla me at dazol2@hotmail.com.

What You Get,
.The full Vista Ultimate Version with activation, that means you dont even have to pay for license

Cheers!!!

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2007
come sef abeg which company manifacture Advent am using an advent 7301 home edition runiing on intel celeron M, processor speed is 1.86GHz on a 1gig RAM and my windows experience index rating is 2.7, now to the issue that brought me hia

i dont have any qualms with vista, i love am die but wetin dey now be say its compatiblity dey annoying but its ok sha, then i get 1 problem when be say i no know whia 2 start from n the prob be say my USB port no dey function well, if i insert anytin e go tell me say device is not recongnized even devices i use on it be4 acts like that, i have even checked my device manager to check if the device has been disable but for whia e dey kampe, the thing dey vex me, urgent help,

eh he abeg anybody get halo 2 or 3 tongue
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2007
u are not alone in this , the usb problem is a known issue with vista u can read this maybe it might help "I don't want to see the question go unanswered but at the same time don't have much information to offer.

In Device manager Root Hub basically refers to the physical USB ports while the controller refers to the drivers. Thus, all that's normal. When it comes to the number, are you sure you only have 3 total? Most newer computers also have front USB ports, so look around on the front panel, on the memory card reader (if you have one), etc, a fourth one should be there.

As to Vista not recognizing anything you plug in, the only thing I can think of is to plug in a flash drive and then go into Computer Management->Disk Management through the control panel, see if the flash drive is recognized there at all. If not you could try reinstalling Vista, but if it's a drive compatibility issue then the only solution would be to wait for Intel to release an update.
" , am still working on a solution for u
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by kq(m): 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2007
cry sad

Please bigrovar u certainly ave to help me (shakes and bites fingernails):

i just got a new laptop HP Compaq 6720s came with Vista Business and i ave three problems:

1. I cant play DVDs with Windows Media player anytime i try playing DVDs i get the following error"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

i ave tried adjusting screen resolution and color settings to no avail it still doesnt play.

2. I bought a USB mouse, when i connected it initially the system was always asking for driver which i ignored now its not asking for driver again but when i connect it now it plays a sound like the device is attached but the mouse still doesnt work.

3. i networked my Xp machine with my new laptop and i cant seem to view or share files even after putting both pcs in the same workgroup and all the stuff.

Please help is needed fast or i dont know what i will do to these machines and myself.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 4:32am On Dec 16, 2007
the fisrt part is easy, simiply install nero 8, remember i said nero 8 or at least nero 7.9.6 those are the 2 neros that i know are compactible with vista, installing any other lower version might crash your system,

on the second one i need to know the kind of mouse used, is it a wireless mouse or cable, and if u can remember the exact name of the mouse it would really help,

also u can try another mouse tell me if it works
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by kq(m): 12:07am On Dec 17, 2007
Well thanx for replying, i used InterVideo DVD software and its working fine if i can get Nero 8 i would surely try it also, was wondering why windows media would not work

Secondly i tried another mouse with the system and it didnt work also, the mouse i bought was a Sony USB optical mouse(with cable), am quite sure my usb is working fine cos i use my flash and other portable devices like my fone on it the mouse just wont work.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by shango(m): 4:41am On Dec 17, 2007
anyone using Vista should run the RC version of vista sp1, the hotfixes and speed improvments included in that service pack are a must as it speeds up vista quite dramtiically.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by webemerald(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2007
bigrovar, ive got a slight problem with my acer aspire laptop, runs on vista. Im having issues with the sound,its not loud enough,im sure its not a hardware problem. Any suggestions? thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by anusule(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2007
sound settings cool
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2007
hey
bigbroda
thanks alot for every, i ve checked n counted n i have 3 USB ports,reinstall vista?i hope it doesnt come to that cos i wouldnt know where to start, pls oo i believe in u, nutting dey par.

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by thirdeye(m): 12:58am On Feb 05, 2008
bigrovar,

I just gotten an hp 530 core duo 1 gig ram with vista basic installed. I am encountering a lot of problems but the major one now is connecting to starcomms- Huawei table phone.

I won't mind that autocad 2008, thank you.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:03am On Feb 06, 2008
that particular lappy has some serious issues connectiing to starcoms via dial up , i will try and see what i can do for u, just give me some times to research the problem
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Daman1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2008
Weldone, bigrovar n thxs for all you ,re doing to help fellow nairaladers.

Please, can you tell me how to go about reformatting this lappy, it always report that file is either not loaded or missing anytime i attempt to do a clean installation of windows vista basic on it. It presently has vista bussiness but it is requesting for activation which i dont have, i can only guarantee an activation code for basic n that's why i am opting to run a clean installation of basic on it.
I have already updated all the windows files vis a vis the updates from microsoft online.
Thanks for helping out.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2008
First question i would ask u is, did your system come preinstalled with window vista business, i.e is it an OEM version of vista business or vista was installed on it, if the answer is yes then the problem of always requesting for an activation key is a bug in vista that has been fixed by a particular update, which i uploaded some where on this thread, 2 if no, then mail me so that i can send u a vista activation crack (although my system came preinstalled with vista home premium, the activation crack am talking about is soo good that i installed vista ultimate on my system and i use it without any activation problem, am even able to install updates from MS sites, -- about your problem with vista basic all i can say is that maybe the disk u are using for ur installation is faulty maybe u should try another disk,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Neoteny(m): 10:47am On Feb 12, 2008
my hp dv 5000 amd turion 64 runs on ATI radeon xpress 200m gpu. i updated the drivers and installed ATI Catalyst cos i use blender on it (though not to render) and i also play games. however whenever i run encarta 2008 it crashes and closes with the error note that ATI external event utilityy has stoped working, and this pulls down my sidebar as well. i uninstalled catalyst but the problem remained so i reinstalled back catalyst. i checked performance logs but beyond the word ERROR and some memory addresses it doesnt tell me much. tried online for a solution but no show.

second problem is i use vista ultimated, fully activated. i downloaded all updates except dreamscene which fails with the error code 800724efe or something similar. microsoft online help and knowledge base say i need to open port 443 and 80, which i did and even switched off my firewall. every thing else downloads fine except dreamscne.

any thoughts?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Fogman(m): 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2008
I just bought a HP 530 window vista and the preinstalled office 2007 is asking for activation key and under the panel of the lappy is incorrect when inserted. please i need help. email: fogmanmails@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 7:57pm On Mar 16, 2008
bro the office 2007 that came with ur system is a trial version and after sometimes would expirer so it has nothing to do with whether u put the codes under ur lappy or not, so to make it work u have to either buy one or crack it
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 17, 2008
Abeg, I need to convert my Vista Home Basic to Windows XP because of software compatibility issues. I use an HP 530 Centrino Duo
I can't download much softwares from the internet because of this vista.
Can anyone tell me how to go about it without losing system drivers or crashing my lappy, or would I need to take my lappy to a Systems Engineer? undecided
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2008
jassie:

Abeg, I need to convert my Vista Home Basic to Windows XP because of software compatibility issues. I use an HP 530 Centrino Duo
I can't download much softwares from the internet because of this vista.
Can anyone tell me how to go about it without losing system drivers or crashing my lappy, or would I need to take my lappy to a Systems Engineer? undecided
well what u wants is very possible but u would encounter the following problems (which can be fixed) 1- most of the drivers of ur system that worked for vista would not work for xp so u will need to download xp drivers for ur system , check hp site , 2-the xp cd u use might not see ur systems harddrive , cus some xp cds dont have drivers for the sata drives that comes with vista systems, but googling such find u a solution, sorry am not of much help ,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by packa(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2008
Hello guys,

Pls I really don't have any problems with my win vista cos currently I am using window xp on my system. I installed vista home basic on my other partition and i was giving 30 days to activate my key seriously speaking i have tried every possible way to activate it, but it keeps on giving me invalid key message. I will need sm1 to help me out here getting a genw key for my vista. My email add is ejimon902001@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation.

My fellow nairalanders.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Macgreat(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
Great, foundf this thread just when i needed it. . .

One of my friend has a vista and passworded it but can't remember what pass was used
How can he log into the pc. . .without the pass word thing. . . please i need respond to this
or i will have to formate the PC undecided

HELP needed please. . . real quick
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
Macgreat:

Great, foundf this thread just when i needed it. . .

One of my friend has a vista and passworded it but can't remember what pass was used
How can he log into the pc. . .without the pass word thing. . . please i need respond to this
or i will have to formate the PC undecided

HELP needed please. . . real quick

i remember that on xp u can log into ur password protected system from save mode , choosing admin login or somthing like that, am not sure , and i dont know if it would work with vista , if it does , the idea is to log into the system backup all ur files and then format cus u cant always login with save mode
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
@bigrovar

Guess I will take my lappy to a systems engineer then. I believe he should be able to handle it.
If anything goes wrong, his ass has to fix it! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Browse Free On Pc Using Airtel / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.