Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (23097 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Fogman(m): 1:42am On Apr 06, 2008
Please i am troubled by my vista lappy. My window have stopped working, it is requesting for product activation key. How do i activate. Also my nero express trial version have equally stopped working. What do i do. i want to uninstall it and install another version, what is your advice. Or can i get another software to assist me to burn disc. Thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by uspry1(f): 2:04am On Apr 06, 2008
@Fogman

You have 30 days trial period now expired on both Vista and Nero.

For Vista, you are required to confirm submitting your Vista product activation key in order to unlock your Vista. For the purpose to ensure that you are REAL OWNER/PURCHASER of Vista---not the one software pirated. I MEAN YOUR OWN VISTA CD that comes with product activation key.

For Nero, you have to buy full version of Nero.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Fogman(m): 2:22am On Apr 06, 2008
@uspry1

what do ypu advice i do. window came preinstalled with the lappy. can i get nero full version to buy at village. thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by uspry1(f): 2:52am On Apr 06, 2008
Check the following existing thread at below and go ask for help there:

Activation License Needed For Vista Ultimate Urgently
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-106922.0.html

Yes sure you can go buying full version of Nero at computer village.

Good luck!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Ttola(m): 8:10am On Apr 06, 2008
my vista complains of drivers anytime i had a usb plug n play device to it- such as flash drives and card reader even my usb mouse.

it has behaved like that once and i had to format it, but this time i just cant, is there a solution to this ,

please iwould appreciate even a suggestion,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Ttola(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2008
my vista complain of drivers and i have to search manually in the system root to locate drivers for it, it does this whenever i plug in usb plug n play compatible devices,, such as memory cards, flashdrives, card readers , etc.

i would like to know if thier is a solution apart reloading the os cos' i cant afford to do that now,

even a suggestion would be appreciated
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by uspry1(f): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2008
Check existing posting on this topic for USB driver problem on Vista here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-58218.128.html#msg1770332

Check out the following link below:

Windows Help and How-to: Tips for fixing common driver problems
ATTENTION: be sure to click the hyperlink "Which edition of Windows Vista am I using?" and "Show All" to expand the details information.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/a8e04b78-0f18-47f0-99e7-6de781fe5f351033.mspx
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Ttola(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2008
oga mod,

xnks 4 d links but none was helpful,
the link to the source,, Mr microsoft claims i need an upgrade to use my device which even win xp wouldnt ask 4

n the other was concluded on the summary of reloading the os which i just can get afford now,

anything else might be a better option,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Bolan(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2008
what kind of usb device are u installing? I think i can help u.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by iyobs7(f): 3:42am On Apr 14, 2008
i need the product key of business edition
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by uspry1(f): 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2008
iyobs7:

i need the product key of business edition

Please read NL Computer rules: does not allow product key or license key or activation key here!!!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by kizzle(m): 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
i see almost al 'o ya have the 'VISTA PROBLEM' hun,, u aint seen nothing yet.wait till the full Vista-64 bit takes full contrl, then u'll all knw wats up let-alone the new Windows OS << WINDOWS VIENNA>>.
it will blow your minds.only 64 bit applications will run on it as well as 64 bit compliant Ssystems. shocked shocked, hehehhe grin grin
get ready for the Future,
but wait oooo, wetin dey 4 that vista self, make una no vex ooo, whats in the 4 Gb VISTA O.S
u knw say this my vista dey bounce my flash drive sef, e no dey see the thing.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by drumma(m): 12:08am On Apr 17, 2008
Please guys where can i download picures for my windows vista and its side bar,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2008
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by DualCore1: 3:10pm On May 23, 2008
Please i need to install and use starcomms EVDO PCMCIA card on vista.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by uspry1(f): 3:30pm On May 23, 2008
Dual Core:

Please i need to install and use starcomms EVDO PCMCIA card on vista.

Try on this PCMCIA configuration but i can't guarantee this will work at below:
[source cite: http://www.synchrotech.com/support/w2k-linear-sram.html]

1. Insert the SRAM card into the PC Card slot

2. When the 'Hardware Wizard' appears, select 'Install from a list or specific location (advanced)', Click 'Next'

3. Select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install' , Click 'Next'

4. Scroll through the list of choice and select 'PCMCIA and Flash memory devices' , Click 'Next'

5. Double click 'generic' under the Manufacturer listing

6. Select 'Generic PCMCIA Memory Card' from the Model listing, Click 'Next'

7. Click the 'Yes' button when the warning dialog appears, to dismiss it

8. Click 'Finish' when the 'Completing the found new hardware wizard' dialog appears
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by DualCore1: 4:41pm On May 24, 2008
Thanks, tht should work, but i went to the manufacturer site and got an updated installer tht's vista compatible, so the card is working on vista now.
cheerz.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by nazzyon(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2008
Computer section is really improving this days.

I am going to learn alot here?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Fogman(m): 2:55am On Oct 12, 2008
I just bought a HP 530 window vista and the preinstalled office 2007 is asking for activation key and under the panel of the lappy is incorrect when inserted. please i need help.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Fogman(m): 3:05am On Oct 12, 2008
I just bought a HP 530 window vista and the preinstalled office 2007 is asking for activation key and under the panel of the lappy is incorrect when inserted. please i need help.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2008
The preinstalled office that comes with most laptops pre-installed is usually a trial. my advise for you is to either buy a genuine version of office of which is very expensive by the way. or you can use free alternatives like open office which is what i use and it does everything i  need from and office package . you can download a free copy http://ftp.belnet.be/pub/mirror/ftp.openoffice.org/stable/3.0.0/OOo_3.0.0_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe  . you might be ask to register but the registration is voluntary and its a free resgitration .
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by sojioguns(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2008
I have only one problem with Vista, IT DOES NOT WORK. MICROSOFT SPENT TIME AND MONEY ON MAKING FANCY SIDEBAR AND TRANSITIONS FOR A SOFTWARE THAT ASKS YOU MORE QUESTIONS THAN IT ACTUALLY SOLVES PROBLEMS.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by ExInferis(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2008
sojioguns:

I have only one problem with Vista, IT DOES NOT WORK. MICROSOFT SPENT TIME AND MONEY ON MAKING FANCY SIDEBAR AND TRANSITIONS FOR A SOFTWARE THAT ASKS YOU MORE QUESTIONS THAN IT ACTUALLY SOLVES PROBLEMS.

shhhh! dont let Djcn hear you.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Djcn: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2008
@sojio. Pls tell us the OS u're making use of,
@ Ex, Should i say u're a clown, anyway if u're ready more facts, more proofs, more solutions, this time around. wink cheesy grin
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by sojioguns(m): 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2008
@Djcn. I use the most advanced OS, Mac OSX Leopard and you have to second that. Even laymen would admit that it is trouble-free. Vista sucks and I dont need a techie to tell me that.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Djcn: 7:48am On Oct 13, 2008
@Sojio, You post is a very short one but shows you lack even the fundamantal knownledge of Computing.
For you information, no OS is trouble-free and no company claims such, U don't know much about Mac as much as i do, and i can even send u my programs and source codes that i developed for the mac platform six years ago, when u don't even have a mac.
and i would'n bother posting after this, because u've already failed the first test and u know nothing about programming.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by sojioguns(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2008
@Djcn, Why so much venom? It is my opinion and I am entitled to it. You didn't need to come off as being soooo immature. Do you work for Microsoft? Na wa oh. And for the record I have 3 macs and still counting. Sheesh!!!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Djcn: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2008
It's now, u're talking. It's ur opinion and ur opinion is a fallacy and i have nothing to do about that.
Kudos to Nairaland for giving u d opportunity to speak abusively of someone u know nothing about.
many of u SHOUT on forums but simply know nothing, if u're up for a contest i can meet with u, and maybe we'll meet someday.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by sojioguns(m): 9:57am On Oct 13, 2008
I thought you said you were not going to post after your first. I will not waste my time trying to compete with you and I must have missed where I claimed to be a programmer. I am a TV and film producer. Dude, get a job. You exhibit the arrogance of an inventor that will get you nowhere.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2008
@ sojioguns and[b] Djcn[/b] guys guys try and be matured. this is a support thread lets not turn this flame war between OS. if you have a problem with vista or Mac please start a new thread , i didn't create this thread for vista hater/mac lovers to express their love and hate , this is a support thread for people having problems with their vista so that they can get help . not a place to rant. so lets keep it that way , u can always take you flame else where .
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by sojioguns(m): 10:12am On Oct 13, 2008
@bigrovar Sorry bro. It was just shocking to see such comments. Please delete the ugly comments if you please.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Djcn: 11:37am On Oct 13, 2008
It's interesting to note that, i haven't even mention my most used OS, which is neither Mac or Vista. Many at times it is ridiculous for TV and Film producers to say thrash about OS, nothing they know anything about.
Do u know what it takes to program a single digital display, learn that and ur orientation will change for the rest of your life. Or better still concentrate on ur TV and Film productions cos they are still below the minimum standards.

@Bigrover, Thx 4 ur posts, i have never favoured an OS over another, different folks for different strokes but i don't get impressed when computer illiterates just speak as if they knows what such tasks involves. U shd know what that means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Browse Free On Pc Using Airtel / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.