Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics (10558 Views)

FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness / Optometrists thread?? / Doctors, Opticians And Optometrists In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by BeautifulMind2: 11:50pm On May 01, 2020
Igbos top in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Administation, Arts, Social science, Pharm, health Science etc in University, Yorubas only top in Agriculture
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

I can see you are also blind
regarding science and social science calculate the stats for both 2017-18 and tell me if not Yoruba came out on top. U get time.

2 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by BeautifulMind2: 11:53pm On May 01, 2020
There is difference between numbers of applications and admissions, Yoruba below university average prefer to enter COS or poly.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 11:53pm On May 01, 2020
MasterKernel:

Excuse me, I will always recognize Prof. Wole Soyinka. He stands shoulder to shoulder with the greats like Chinua Achebe.

We've produced generation next, Chimammada Adiche. You don't have anything like that in the whole of Yoruba land, right now.
what of Helen oyeyemi. Tomi Adeyemi.

4 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 01, 2020
MasterKernel:

I said international acclaimed scholars, aside Wole Soyinka, I'm sorry you don't have another alive. All these names I gave you, are top notch international scholars.
Lol, so iweala is VP in world bank. Lie kee you.

1 Like

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 01, 2020
MasterKernel:

I think you prefer quantity against quality. We produce the best.
You produce the best, that why Yoruba doctor is the one leading in the search for covid19 vaccines.

1 Like

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 11:55pm On May 01, 2020
PVision2020:

What do you expect from people that swallows every rubbish Nnamdi Kanu gives them?
lol

3 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 11:57pm On May 01, 2020
BeautifulMind2:
There is difference between numbers of applications and admissions, Yoruba below university average prefer to enter COS or poly.
why do yoruba still lead u in both then.

5 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Nobody: 12:00am On May 02, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

Benjamin Ola. Akande is President Champlain College Saint Louis Missouri not the president of American University, Sylvia M. Burwell is American University's 15th president.
Zombie, who will join you in argument.

You think Yoruba is like you igbos who lie everytime but always get bursted.

Down there is another one

2 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 12:02am On May 02, 2020
wizzakosh:
You produce the best, that why Yoruba doctor is the one leading in the search for covid19 vaccines.
there is no facts they produced the best. Meanwhile Yoruba has the highest professors in Nigeria cuz sw Universities have the most professor with over 80% of them being Yoruba. And if u check a lot of northern universities well. There is 100s of Yoruba professor there.

4 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by MasterKernel: 12:03am On May 02, 2020
Moneywomen17:
am not madam dumbass. And I did provided facts with sources that is accessible to everyone. What do u mean by western performances. Are u educated at all. Admission per region is merely an index to calculate performance per region. It’s the same thing. The admission is used to gauge the performance. What stats show that the west is worse performing.

Hahahahah... One of the hallmark of absurdity and apathy is asininity. You took a Feminine Moniker, suddenly took offense when you were addressed with your preferred identity.

If admission population as a criteria against performance will boost your ego, go on.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Nobody: 12:05am On May 02, 2020
Moneywomen17:
there is no facts they produced the best. Meanwhile Yoruba has the highest professors in Nigeria cuz sw Universities have the most professor with over 80% of them being Yoruba. And if u check a lot of northern universities well. There is 100s of Yoruba professor there.
I know, u just want to finish him ni

1 Like

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by edoairways: 12:05am On May 02, 2020
Frenchkiss564:
Except uniben I think, It is only eastern universities that offer that course.

You need not be told how homogenous eastern universities are.
Yeah
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 12:06am On May 02, 2020
MasterKernel:

Hahahahah... One of the hallmark of absurdity and apathy is asininity. You took a Feminine Moniker, suddenly took offense when you were addressed with your preferred identity.

If admission population as a criteria against performance will boost your ego, go on.
ogbeni how is this a feminine moniker. It means money first then women. I couldn’t completely write the username so it’s moneywomen. What performance do u keep talking about. Ibo doesn’t beat Yoruba in performance. Yoruba best u in performance that’s why they are more than ibo in universities.

3 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by MasterKernel: 12:07am On May 02, 2020
wizzakosh:

Hahahahah... COVID 19 doesn't have a vaccine for now, it's still trial phase. Kindly refer to him when the medication has been approved. Other researchers from various institutions of the world are equally under taking same task.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by edoairways: 12:08am On May 02, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Optometry vs ophthalmology what is the difference?

Good to know

Igbos still dominate pharmacy too.
Majority of Nigerian Doctors who migrate outside ar also Igbos
Igbos also have the highest number of medical Doctors in Nigeria.

But what's the essence of being an optometrist when u can run simple operation in d eyes simply because Nigerian law do not permit u to do that y their counterpart outside the country operates the eyes.
Nigerian govt should allow Nigerian optometrists to run eye operations
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 12:09am On May 02, 2020
wizzakosh:
I know, u just want to finish him ni
with stats not oral aba made one. I calculate numbers and present it along with the link so that everyone can double check.

1 Like

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by MasterKernel: 12:11am On May 02, 2020
wizzakosh:
Lol, so iweala is VP in world bank. Lie kee you.

https://www.un.org/sg/en/management/bios/Okonjo-Iweala.shtml

Have a blissful night rest. I won't insult you, but truly... you're in pain.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by MasterKernel: 12:12am On May 02, 2020
Moneywomen17:
what of Helen oyeyemi. Tomi Adeyemi.

Hahahahah... Can you compare them to Adiche?
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 12:12am On May 02, 2020
MasterKernel:

Hahahahah... COVID 19 doesn't have a vaccine for now, it's still trial phase. Kindly refer to him when the medication has been approved. Other researchers from various institutions of the world are equally under taking same task.
he is not leading any research regarding vaccine and u are also right it doesn’t have any vaccine yet. But what he is leading is medication for covid-19 and the randomize has yielded some results with less recovery and less death rate. The work still continues.

2 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by edoairways: 12:12am On May 02, 2020
RTSC:

UNN is definitely not in that list.

The day I saw the year book for UNN graduates in 2018 for most departments, I was shocked.
A lot of myths is been peddled on nairaland.

Yoruba students dominate the student ratio in most UNN departments in nearly 3:1, it was disgraceful.

Even the SUG or Education faculty president was Yoruba.
Really! What of their lecturers aren't they more of igbos too?
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by BeautifulMind2: 12:12am On May 02, 2020
wizzakosh:
Zombie, who will join you in argument.

You think Yoruba is like you igbos who lie everytime but always get bursted.

Down there is another one
Dumb he is not the president of American University

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by BeautifulMind2: 12:14am On May 02, 2020
Moneywomen17:
why do yoruba still lead u in both then.
Igbos lead in university while Yoruba prefer low standard
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by MasterKernel: 12:15am On May 02, 2020
PVision2020:

And how does your pseudo performance in O Level equate to overall educational performance?
Is O level the only educational metrics?
Of what use is your O Level results when more SWesterners are gaining admissions?

Hahahahah... Quantity over quality, that's okay. It's your preference.

Remember, what the tabloid will always have as headlines is

3 States leads in JAMB.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by edoairways: 12:17am On May 02, 2020
wizzakosh:
That one sure, I served in igboland, So many of them can't speak simple English. it is only pidgin, even the old men among them.

Example, check the grammar the so called graduates among them write here. Simple Concord, they do not understand.

Yorubas though not all assimilated their culture and language more than English. It got to a point that they most lecturers I have seen speak Yoruba in class while lecturing even if some students don't understand it.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by MasterKernel: 12:17am On May 02, 2020
Moneywomen17:
he is not leading any research regarding vaccine and u are also right it doesn’t have any vaccine yet. But what he is leading is medication for covid-19 and the randomize has yielded some results with less recovery and less death rate. The work still continues.

Do you want me to give you at least 5 different COVID 19 trial phase drugs, non have been approved.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

Igbos lead in university while Yoruba prefer low standard
ogbeni do u actually check the stats cuz I think not. I already showed the stats and it shows that Yoruba lead in admission to university also. Yoruba lead both home and away. Accept the truth my bloda. The stats agree with me.

3 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Kennyswag: 12:21am On May 02, 2020
BeautifulMind2:

Dumbo view 2017 Igbos dominated in Universities
are you blind? Cant you check what you posted?
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by RTSC: 12:21am On May 02, 2020
malawian0000001:

Its a Federal University. Check out its "catchment areas". A Yoruba is more likely to gain admission there than an Igbo of the same scores. The only thing is Yoruba's don't usually choose there.
I dont believe that .

With the exception of UI, all federal schools have catchment from their indigenous states.
Even UI has a majority Yoruba student population.

Unilag is also a Federal school in the heart of Lagos, yet it is massively subsidised for Yoruba students.
A course that require 60 for yorubas to get into, will require at least 70 for an igbo student.
It is the same in all federal schools and it is a deliberate policy.

If that is not the same in UNN, then the management have questions to answer.

There is no way outsiders will dominate indigenes in more than 3:1, and it can be overlooked.
It's disgraceful. It's not supposed to be so.
Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by BeautifulMind2: 12:22am On May 02, 2020
North top in College of education, followed by southwest least is east, while Igbos top in University followed by Southsouth third west north least

Below is collage of education

North top followed by west grin grin

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by Moneywomen17(m): 12:22am On May 02, 2020
edoairways:

Yorubas though not all assimilated their culture and language more than English. It got to a point that they most lecturers I have seen speak Yoruba in class while lecturing even if some students don't understand it.
what’s wrong with assimilating ur culture and language more than a foreign language English. I can speak English but I can always express myself better in Yoruba. Whenever I see a Yoruba person I never speak English to them cuz I prefer my native language.

2 Likes

Re: 70.1% Of Optometrists In Nigeria Are IGBO - ODORBN - Pics by RTSC: 12:25am On May 02, 2020
edoairways:

Really! What of their lecturers aren't they more of igbos too?
Is there any university in Yoruba land that has more igbo lecturers than Yoruba?

Even in the poorly educated north, is there any university there, where you won't find an overwhelming population of northern lecturers?
Why would you expect a different thing in the east?

If it was different, would that look normal to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Became Free From Staph Infection Problem / Does Anyone Know How To Remove Stretch Marks? / COVID-19: 20 States Yet To Have Testing Laboratories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.