Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,756 members, 7,831,444 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (129212 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Realbenji29(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2020
You don't need to wear junk all over your face as face masks, get something more classy, and professional
Follow link to get it
https://amzn.to/35PVFXL

FREE SHIPPING

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by emmaodet: 11:31pm On May 11, 2020
Kingarthur21:
this men don't usually show their character...they use the gentleman tactic to cover up for their brokenness. They will cook,wash,wake their baes up with breakfast on their bed.They don't drink or smoke. The lady will marry him because he is different from the typical toxic man and a God fearing man

For example, if shibaraba the peasant wants a wife he will cower and even be very spiritual,doing domestic chores and avoiding cheating so they lady will forget of his brokenness and marry him for being a God fearing man other than us misogynistic men

A quick question bro - Is a broke lady actually doing a poor man a favour by marrying him? Anroju je eko obun, obun ni wipe eko owun kere - we are trying to eat a very dirty man's food yet he is complaining of having small food left which is not enough for him. If only he knows that we will really be glad not to even eat the smelling dirty fvcking food.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by OriOko88(m): 11:32pm On May 11, 2020
Kemimarch16:
It is well o
Baby. Let's meet abeg
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by crackkhaus: 11:33pm On May 11, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

The money she’s going to save, where’s it going to come from? The salary that barely sustains them for the month?

To save anything from that money means doing things drastically. How much will she have saved that will be enough to make a clean break, after going through months/years of austere living?

And when she successfully leaves, she’ll have increased financial burden, because she’ll then have to pay for rent and school fees all by herself.

So truthfully, it’s very far from simple. She already made the mistake of marrying a man like that... fixing things will be a topsy-turvy experience.
That comment was tongue-in-cheek. cheesy
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by crackkhaus: 11:34pm On May 11, 2020
Kingarthur21:
to be honest the reason is that men are losing value for women,they now see women in the negative light.
The patriarchal system(which I don't endorse) painted women like angels and undefiled creatures they adored and will do anything for.
Now that modernity have changed those women they saw as reserved and unsullied, they have lost value for marriage and women,thus the increase of fuuuuuuckkboys and irresponsible men. Before a man will say" I will marry you,)",and the lady will start preparing for marriage and treating her skin well for the wedding day,because he will
But now when a man says I will marry you,the lady will have to get as much as five men to talk of marriage and keep them all because she can't put all her eggs in a basket. Because he may not marry her.

A man will only value you when he sees you like the damsel or princess potrayed in Disney animations. But now men see ladies as corrupted by modernity and no better than they see their fellow man ,thus they are not compelled to go the extra mile for them.

Cc:pan.sophist,cap.slocked,mar.tinez39s
100%

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by sowilli: 11:34pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:
Sorry for the long message but this lockdown period might favour reading long msgs.

I'm the quiet type so I have never opened mouth to insult my husband during any misunderstanding. Just arguments and my voice may go up a bit trying to explain or clear myself but he will start saying im raising my voice and talking back at him and start saying all sorts of things.

Honestly sometimes I wished I could unleash the anger deep down and screammm but I always have self control. If u sit with him, he will give u a million reasons why I'm not a good wife and if u don't know me well, u will fall for it because he tells it so well. I will not say everything he says is false, but 80% is. Only those that really know me, will know he is d one that has problem. He's too difficult at times.

In an office, there's usually that one person that quarrels with everyone am I right? But I end up being d only person that dat person doesn't quarrel with cos I try as much as possible to avoid quarrels that's just d kind of person I am. Calm and quiet.

When I met my husband NYSC days, he was very close to God, organizing programs in church and handling them. That was the main reason I got close to him cos I wasnt so spiritual and needed someone to help me grow spiritually through life. He told me he was called to be a pastor and that excited me but I'm not seeing that now lol. He's spiritual life is almost zero. And back then, he had nothing, we would spend all my money even to reach his sick mother in the village I would buy all the foodstuff to send to her.

The way he talked he sounded promising that things will get better with him, but today, I still suffer, I have no savings, all my salary is on the house. He works too and earns but he's salary covers rent and the children's school fees finished. I do the rest but he doesn't appreciate the fact that I sacrifice everything I earn to feeding the house. We are family of 6. Everything provision, food, children school snack, fuel for car and gen, gas filing etc etc it's me. And that's how my whole salary will just go fiam.

if I ws getting a little appreciation I for no mind but rather I get insults o. It's my fault that
Money is finished, it's my fault that we have no savings, I don't know how to manage money, I'm hoarding my money etc etc those are d words that come out of his mouth o.

I used to be a beautiful woman but no more, I wear one shoe everyday to work, can't buy myself clothes shoes nothing I had to cut my hair to relieve myself from hair money lol. I'm stressed out thinking of where money will come for feeding when my salary gets finished before month end at times I have to beg my sister or my dad a pensioner or hussle one way or d other. I now developed high bp and today I'm living with hypertension taking drugs everyday. It was my parents that gave my husband d job he's doing today. He is not in talking terms with he's dad n siblings. Before he's mother died, things were not too good between them. My husband likes to always form man of d house and want me to apologise whenever there's a misunderstanding saying that I am d one wrong, I'm always wondering how am always the one wrong and he's not � every time.

Sometimes self I don't know what I did that mks him angry he will just start carrying face. Today makes it a week we are not talking cos he has been carrying face since 7days now, and went to post something on wassap yesterday that a woman that cannot apologise to her husband cannot stay in marriage.

My brothers and sisters if I know of anything I did that I have to apologise for yet I refused to apologise that is making him carry face, may God strike me. If u know I did anything wrong why not come to me and tell me u don't like what I did and tell me what i did rather than carry face up n down. He always does that. At times I do ask him and as usual am always d one at fault. Maybe it's cos I'm a quiet person he's taking me for mumu.

The national anthem now is that because he does not have money that's why I don't respect him the way I'm supposed to. I'm always careful with my word when gisting with him cos make I make mistake say Donald duke is d current governor of rivers state haaa problem don enter and it may spoil d sweet gisting we were having. He go almost insult me and become uninterested in gisting with me again cos i don talk mumu talk.

So how can I handle such man cos if no be say I be quiet person, I for don receive serious beating black and blue from this man cos he has done it earlier on in our marriage not serious beating sha but I had some bruises. If not that my parents are still alive and warned him. Tho he still attempts once in a blue moon I go jus arrange myself. But I'm kind of tired. I have no money cos trust me, if I had, Maybe i for don dey plan my move sef I no dey enjoy marriage life at all
Forget all these counseling you think you will be able to get or people get on NL. When it comes to relationships this forum has done more harm than good. I tell you from personal experience. You and your partner are the only one who know the truth. The only thing is to tell yourselves the truth. My experience with money is you can never have enough from your salary. You can never become rich working for someone. So the fact that you are both salary earners will leave stress on your finance with the number of kids you have self... una like this thing they call sex ooo. Whatever happened to family planning. As for him drawing close to God, you made a wrong step. You never bothered to check why he was close to God. Was it because he loved God or he was just about that so that he could get some blessings from God. No one can help you get closer to God other than yourself. The only way I can help you get closer to God is when I share my testimony with you not because I am always in church everyday. You wanted to be like your partner not because you had a reason to be close to God. So perhaps, his reasons being in church wasn’t satisfied and you were able to weaken that because you are weak in this regard yourself.
You don’t need anyone to tell you how to handle your husband. Find your own truth, help him find his. If he is not willing, for the sake of your kids, find a way to step up your earnings. In fact that is what you should be all about and not how to handle a man. Obviously, you both are weak when it comes to finance management. Money is simply the problem here. It is the problem of most relationships anyways. Be all about how to be richer, I am sure he will be humble enough to work on his weakness.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Kingarthur21: 11:34pm On May 11, 2020
emmaodet:

A quick question bro - Is a broke lady actually doing a poor man a favour by marrying him? Anroju je eko obun, obun ni wipe eko owun kere - we are trying to eat a very dirty man's food yet he is complaining of having small food left which is not enough for him. If only he knows that we will really be glad not to even eat the smelling dirty fvcking food.
I am not saying she is doing him a favor-infact women in general believe a man does them a favor by marrying them. That is why they jump when they are engaged
I am just analysing the situation from the lens of a lady that wants a rich guy.
I am not endorsing rich or poor men,I am telling ladies the system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Harry81(m): 11:35pm On May 11, 2020
Just pray about it, and the door of happiness will open in your marriage.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by emmaodet: 11:35pm On May 11, 2020
olabrinks:
Don’t marry for love marry for money. We have been saying this for centuries. Let them call you a goldigger, let them shame you, you will have the last laugh. What is a man, when he doesn’t have money? What can he do for you? What kind of husband will he be, and how can he provide for his future children? What is potiential, everybody in this world has potiential. You need to see monetary proof that he can lead a home. Think with your brain and not your heart, you will avoid many problems. You will grow to love a man who is a stable provider, you will grow out of love with a man who is a stable broke ass. This is not the generation of building with a man, if a man ain’t got money today, he will 90% not have tomorrow. At least when the man gives you problems (which is 100% certain), you will have stability in regards to finances which is One less problem to deal with. A word is enough for the wise.

In 2020, you are still thinking like this? looking for who to feed you, spend on you and take care of you? 2020? not in the 18th or 19th century.
When we are in an era where all the things needed to survive as a man is also exposed and given to women? school, certificates, opportunities, internet, laptop etc
What actually do you think men have presently to survive that women don't have?
When you can even be at home and earn through freelancing, IT, programming etc?
Na wa oooooo
I guess Africa still has a lot to do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by agbangam: 11:35pm On May 11, 2020
kestolove95:
Divorce d modafucka nd move on with ur life, get a young guy as a sec toy...no time men are stupeed

Nne calm down.. cheesy
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Melezenawii: 11:35pm On May 11, 2020
Very Beautiful funny woman

I wish you all the best.

But you need to set money aside to be taking care of yourself.

Focus on your children and start a business, because if the current job is no longer there, that means a lot of troubles.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Beatswim: 11:36pm On May 11, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

You sound like a good person.

What you need to do is to stop expecting him to change, stop waiting for him to spend his money on you. That way you wont be disappointed because that man does not sound like someone that can change for the better, his problem is mental, and not just mental, but one that has to do with the pathology of his brain.

Focus on yourself and how you can make extra cash (a business?) to take care of yourself and to give your kids beautiful things as they grow. So far as marriage goes in this life, you have entered one-chance! So zero your mind and make the best of the situation for your kids' sake!
are u married?
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by BlueAir: 11:37pm On May 11, 2020
The only sensible contribution from a woman on this thread.the others are just rubbin the sore and walk away without sensible solution.she has really made herself manipulated by the egoistic, irresponsible and loyal wife abusing man.she needs to start creating air for herself to breath as well as run the family alongside him..it's time he needs to start taking care of the house 60 bloody damn 40.. I hate incapable men.. the moment she mentioned she was the one fueling gen and car,,I adjudged him OLORIBURUKU ,so he comes back daily to watch TV comfortably or drive the car?? After going out to work and live the easy life .the lady really took her sluggishness for opening leg to produce 4 kids too.a real prove of her own error.if u want to have 4 kids for a man,it's not that kinda man .that man is really taking advantage of her and taking taking her for daily cruises
veave:
Hian.

Wetin I go talk go pain you o. But na the truth I go tell you. Madam, right now I can't tell you to start with 50% so I will say 20%.

Thank God there is covid and I pray your job doesn't get affected. As soon as you resume, the second day you get to work tell him there has been a 40% reduction from your salary due to low inflow of cash. You need to save at least 20% of your salary. This money no Matter if the roof is falling down you're not to touch it. Na your back up money be that. The other 20% is for your upkeep. You and your kids should survive on the remaining 50% because you'd definitely pay tithe. It's because he knows you always have a back up plan that is why he is relaxed and allowing you foot all the bills.
No this kain thing make me say I no go marry "brother" when I dey small. Most of them are lazy and are dreamers. They expect manner to fall from heaven after their praying and fasting forgetting Paul had a handiwork that sustained him all through his life hence he didn't have to beg and depend on anyone. I no dey like this kind jist. He's not even appreciative of his supportive wife. I know women who use all their money to buy shoes, clothes and the latest asoebi, their husbands dare not say pim because they'd even take his own and join.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by kushme: 11:38pm On May 11, 2020
princessConfy:
seeing this post frightens me more. my relationship of 5 months is giving me headache. he said he can't give me money except I ask. I've tried to explain to him that I'm not good in asking and I don't ask because he said his ex gf used to be too demanding. now I don't know if I ask small he may think I'm pretending if I ask big he may think I'm too demanding. He will ask me to visit and when I want to leave he'll wait till we are almost at the junction before he will ask if I have T.p. anytime we have an argument he will threatened our relationship...
I don tire... cos I don't know if I should continue or quit.. relationship wahala

Even if na the guy invite you, must you collect T.p ? I think the T.p is the samething as you feeling entitled to his money coz he fvcked your priceless princess pussie abi. sad

Where is the love, where is the sacrifice,
do you even know why you should be in a relationship in the first place?

"Maybe Money for the live hole". Are you in the relationship just to collect money? If it is yes in your head, which i believe it to be, then, you are a thief.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by mordred44: 11:38pm On May 11, 2020
social distance dey learn 4 where dis ur long msg dey....abeg na wu read am finish,make hin tel me d main point
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by karika2018: 11:39pm On May 11, 2020
Your family is even better than many...forgive your husband and carry the cross as a christian. You have nothing to loose and he may come back to his senses and money may come sometime in the future.

pray everyday

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by onome2013: 11:39pm On May 11, 2020
All we men do almost the same thing like your husband. Just stay put and make the children to be good for you to have a brighter future
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Ibkay32(m): 11:39pm On May 11, 2020
kestolove95:
Divorce d modafucka nd move on with ur life, get a young guy as a sec toy...no time men are stupeed

cal me please if you need my service
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Amhappy(f): 11:40pm On May 11, 2020
Lol at ruining a marriage when you are already living with high BP. Fact check most Nigeria women are living with high BP because of their unhappy marriages. The marriage already ruin you,all you need is to survive and not die. I can relate with sacrificing, cutting your hair to avoid spending on hairdo,borrowing money from friends, siblings,pensioneer parents and even enemies just to survive. Mine is also about to ruin my business i wanted to open a thread on Nairaland about that but advise has been replace by insults heregrin grin. A friend taught me not to carry husband matter for head and that what has been helping me. If you die you die for nothing. Its time to gather heart and live your fantasy in the movies. Mine is better that he shows appreciation sometimes and don't shout or quarrel talk-less of fight. He still hold on to God and his faith all the same. The frustration surface here and then. Poverty will frustrate your life. Can turn a sweet soul into a demon. Hope is not lost. All the best.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Uckroot: 11:41pm On May 11, 2020
The only thing people should learn from this thread is that IF YOU ARE STILL LACKING FINANCIALLY YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN.

Lack of family planning is even worse.

If your combined salary can’t keep a roof over your heads and feed you sufficiently while attending to dreams and aspirations just cancel all thoughts of children.

This is the 21st century. Anybody wey decide do like our parents because “they turned out fine” that person need flogging.

A word reach the wise to soak full bucket of garri.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Uckroot: 11:41pm On May 11, 2020
karika2018:
Your family is even better than many...forgive your husband and carry the cross as a christian. You have nothing to loose and he may come back to his senses and money may come sometime in the future.

pray everyday

Dumberian.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Jossiace: 11:42pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:
Sorry for the long message but this lockdown period might favour reading long msgs.

I'm the quiet type so I have never opened mouth to insult my husband during any misunderstanding. Just arguments and my voice may go up a bit trying to explain or clear myself but he will start saying im raising my voice and talking back at him and start saying all sorts of things.

Honestly sometimes I wished I could unleash the anger deep down and screammm but I always have self control. If u sit with him, he will give u a million reasons why I'm not a good wife and if u don't know me well, u will fall for it because he tells it so well. I will not say everything he says is false, but 80% is. Only those that really know me, will know he is d one that has problem. He's too difficult at times.

In an office, there's usually that one person that quarrels with everyone am I right? But I end up being d only person that dat person doesn't quarrel with cos I try as much as possible to avoid quarrels that's just d kind of person I am. Calm and quiet.

When I met my husband NYSC days, he was very close to God, organizing programs in church and handling them. That was the main reason I got close to him cos I wasnt so spiritual and needed someone to help me grow spiritually through life. He told me he was called to be a pastor and that excited me but I'm not seeing that now lol. He's spiritual life is almost zero. And back then, he had nothing, we would spend all my money even to reach his sick mother in the village I would buy all the foodstuff to send to her.

The way he talked he sounded promising that things will get better with him, but today, I still suffer, I have no savings, all my salary is on the house. He works too and earns but he's salary covers rent and the children's school fees finished. I do the rest but he doesn't appreciate the fact that I sacrifice everything I earn to feeding the house. We are family of 6. Everything provision, food, children school snack, fuel for car and gen, gas filing etc etc it's me. And that's how my whole salary will just go fiam.

if I ws getting a little appreciation I for no mind but rather I get insults o. It's my fault that
Money is finished, it's my fault that we have no savings, I don't know how to manage money, I'm hoarding my money etc etc those are d words that come out of his mouth o.

I used to be a beautiful woman but no more, I wear one shoe everyday to work, can't buy myself clothes shoes nothing I had to cut my hair to relieve myself from hair money lol. I'm stressed out thinking of where money will come for feeding when my salary gets finished before month end at times I have to beg my sister or my dad a pensioner or hussle one way or d other. I now developed high bp and today I'm living with hypertension taking drugs everyday. It was my parents that gave my husband d job he's doing today. He is not in talking terms with he's dad n siblings. Before he's mother died, things were not too good between them. My husband likes to always form man of d house and want me to apologise whenever there's a misunderstanding saying that I am d one wrong, I'm always wondering how am always the one wrong and he's not � every time.

Sometimes self I don't know what I did that mks him angry he will just start carrying face. Today makes it a week we are not talking cos he has been carrying face since 7days now, and went to post something on wassap yesterday that a woman that cannot apologise to her husband cannot stay in marriage.

My brothers and sisters if I know of anything I did that I have to apologise for yet I refused to apologise that is making him carry face, may God strike me. If u know I did anything wrong why not come to me and tell me u don't like what I did and tell me what i did rather than carry face up n down. He always does that. At times I do ask him and as usual am always d one at fault. Maybe it's cos I'm a quiet person he's taking me for mumu.

The national anthem now is that because he does not have money that's why I don't respect him the way I'm supposed to. I'm always careful with my word when gisting with him cos make I make mistake say Donald duke is d current governor of rivers state haaa problem don enter and it may spoil d sweet gisting we were having. He go almost insult me and become uninterested in gisting with me again cos i don talk mumu talk.

So how can I handle such man cos if no be say I be quiet person, I for don receive serious beating black and blue from this man cos he has done it earlier on in our marriage not serious beating sha but I had some bruises. If not that my parents are still alive and warned him. Tho he still attempts once in a blue moon I go jus arrange myself. But I'm kind of tired. I have no money cos trust me, if I had, Maybe i for don dey plan my move sef I no dey enjoy marriage life at all

Two things I'll say here.
1. Do you still love him? I mean deep down in your heart, that if you agree that he is having problem and not his fault, you can be a help if solution to his problem will come through you.

2. There's possibly he's not the one. I mean maybe since his spiritual life has dropped, the enemies of you or of himself have penetrated and devised a way to punish you.
It may even be happening because of you, so that you want enjoy your marriage as you're experiencing today.

Get up now.
Engage yourself in seven days fasting and prayer and make sure before you sleep at night, read PSALM 23 solemnly and pray that God should expose what is happening in your home to you.

After that prayer, make sure you always pray in the midnight. Even if it's 12 a.m to 1.am . Make it a habit.
During the prayer , always read Psalm 109, 3, 35 and Isiah 37.
I am very sure you'll get victory and come back her to share your testimony.
But always make your intention clear and don't have evil mind with anybody.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Shekochild: 11:42pm On May 11, 2020
Alawaxbimbex:
With the kind of stories I read daily on nairaland about marriage...I'm so scared of marriage ooo...God pls bless me with a good husband when it's time for me to marry

No need to be scared, just pray hard. Be vigilant during your courtship and take note of any red flag. Don't allow the so called love to make you blind to early signs during your courtship. Seek for compatibility instead of merely seeking for love. Love can grow, but compatibility cannot. You either compatible or you are not. Try to unravel the true nature of the man before marrying him... And above all if you want a good woman be a good woman too, like atracts like...
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Beatswim: 11:43pm On May 11, 2020
emmaodet:

do u even ask why our actresses are either divorced or separated
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by BlueAir: 11:43pm On May 11, 2020
Including ur father right? Anyway,it's obvious you don't have a marriage with 4 kids and staying with a man u once loved so it's easy for u to give time bomb advices.. classic reason and example why women shouldnt involve their friends In their marriage matters
kestolove95:
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Caleb17: 11:44pm On May 11, 2020
Na them! Las Las nah you go cast pass. ;
olabrinks:
Don’t marry for love marry for money. We have been saying this for centuries. Let them call you a goldigger, let them shame you, you will have the last laugh. What is a man, when he doesn’t have money? What can he do for you? What kind of husband will he be, and how can he provide for his future children? What is potiential, everybody in this world has potiential. You need to see monetary proof that he can lead a home. Think with your brain and not your heart, you will avoid many problems. You will grow to love a man who is a stable provider, you will grow out of love with a man who is a stable broke ass. This is not the generation of building with a man, if a man ain’t got money today, he will 90% not have tomorrow. At least when the man gives you problems (which is 100% certain), you will have stability in regards to finances which is One less problem to deal with. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by midehill(m): 11:44pm On May 11, 2020
kestolove95:

Lady mind ur speech...not all men are the same
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by sowilli: 11:45pm On May 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:
95% of Nigerian marriages are going through similar turmoil. Nigerian men are not raised to be good husbands, even you will still raise your son to punish his wife and cling to your Apron. That's what it is here so whatever you see in your marriage, take it like that
which 95 percent. Una go just dey talk rubbish here. Una go always wan talk like say una sabi, in the end Na trash una dey yan. When you want to give advice, don’t shame a gender. It’s shows you have a problem with the gender. The obvious truth is that both man and wife here have money problems. Now, look at a situation where someone is able to make money and the other is able to plan and manage. They will be stable. Look at a situation where both are able to make and are both able to plan and manage. They live their dreams. This is how it is. The OP and her husband don’t know how to make and don’t know how to plan and manage hence there is a stress. What are they doing with 4 kids? This is just what the problem of relationships is. I will share my personal experience, I made money but couldn’t plan and manage, had a partner who couldn’t plan and manage too and so when trouble came, we couldn’t withstand. I learnt from that experience, now I can make, plan and manage. My wife can make, plan and manage. So we don’t really have stress even as we are not there.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by lollytk(f): 11:45pm On May 11, 2020
My people church is not the best place to find a partner because is like an hospital ,some people are responding to treatment while others are not, lots of pretenders and hypocrites. It better you choose a partner in the world so you don't get your hopes up. My ex was rich but believes it's a woman responsibility to feed the house and run d home, his only responsibility is to pay school fees and maintain the car. I was the quiet type doing flourishing business ,I was never bothered he wasn't taking care of us, he never knew how the children wore clothes or snacks to school. He brought his family members or anyone to stay in the house we built together without considering my opinion, womanizes to my face brought one to sleep in the house while I was pushed outside ( story for another day) domestic violence was the order of the day because he never saw me like someone that knows how to do anything, if I cook efo riro he will pour drinking water that it's too thick ;Dsame with all our soups to chop meet na problem, he will say I'm wasteful but he visited fancy restaurant with friends and foot the bills. Nagging and malice was his ways even after apologising when I was right ( cos in his opinion men are never wrong) I never had savings despite my flourishing business, at a point I started talking back because I got tired of someone insulting me and my parents ( I'm from a comfortable home unlike him) I eventually left when I couldn't take it anymore. My sister all I will tell you is no one changes we are born in a particular way , we die that same way except theirs divine intervention. My advice is try any means to save don't be like me that left with nothing. You are the only one that can take your decision by yourself because you're the one wearing the shoes. Don't let anyone take your sanity from you. All men are not the same, there are still good men. I remarried 4 years ago and we have never quarrelled even though things aren't that rosy financially but we are always happy. Try any means to change him but if he doesn't take a leave so you can live.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Beatswim: 11:46pm On May 11, 2020
spartan117:

First of all I must state that I don't in anyway support the behavior of your husband, but what I'm interested in is your marital bliss.

Having two strong heads in marriage is a recipe for disaster, from what you wrote it seems your husband has a bruised ego, hence his need to constantly remind you that he is the boss(this is wrong). However the solution to this is not to withdraw or nag him, you need to be the mature one of the two at this point.

If what you really want is for your marriage to blossom then put pride aside and do this:

Firstly you need to get your groove back! Start dressing nice and gain back your beauty. Having a family of six is no excuse, there are people who have gone through worse and still remained beautiful with the little they had. And always wear a smile.

Secondly never argue with him, if he keeps nagging you being unappreciative, just sincerely apologize and remain calm.

When he comes back from work, hug him, kiss him, ask him how was his day. When you wake up in the morning, greet him, call him sweet names like honey,sugar etc.

Always take his side in any argument he has with anyone in public. In private you can respectfully advice him.

When you want to serve him food, go down on your knees and serve him, try to do this not only in private but in front of his friends or visitors nothing else will endear a man to a woman than this.

. ..the list goes on and on, but I trust that you get the gist by now. What I'm simply trying to say in one sentence is Show him love. Love conquers all.

Finally and most importantly, get close to Jesus, he's the only one who can heal a broken home. You need to develop a personal relationship with the holy spirit, if you have this relationship ]every other relationship in your life will be blissful.

I will recommende these two books to you written by Pastor Yonggi Cho and Pastor Benny Hinn. They will help you build a relationship with the holy spirit, and they are available in all Christian bookstores nationwide.
Shalom smiley
wise word.. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by BlueAir: 11:46pm On May 11, 2020
U get time to answer cheesy people like them are easy to come across,they get frustrated and desperate in middle 30s as a single woman,even eye younger men who comes across them
midehill:

Lady mind ur speech...not all men are the same

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Evercurious(f): 11:47pm On May 11, 2020
infogenius:
op
I won't say you lie because I know a woman I met online too that is going through a similar issue that we are working on but
definitely not you.

Kindly apologize to him, living with your husband and not talking for 7 days is harsh.
Do it because you are displaying wisdom and that you are a weakling.

Your home has to be a peaceful haven.

I don't care what your home is going through as long s you earn you must have savings.
Save 10% of your earnings. This can be used to start a business in future or even as a bailout
one day. Save money.

Buy yourself little things you need like shoes and the likes. How can you be working and struggle to get little things?
It's not convenient but squeeze through. For this another 10%. Pay your tithe if you are a tither and the remaining
70% you can put into your family.

Many women like you these till they go to their graves, their men put them under pressure because they have made themselves available.
This is not bad but should not be a norm.

As much as possible, be yourself show him you are still the woman he married and of course avoid unnecessary arguments with him.
Your silence will not make you stupid or a weakling. It demonstrates maturity.

I can go on and on, but immediately go to him and tell him sorry.

Oga every day sorry isnt going to help matters here. Op, STOP APOLOGIZING 'STUPIDLY' . YPUR SELF ESTEEM LL BE ERODED OVER TIME. THATS IF IT HASNT ALREADY AND I BET YOU/YOU WONT RECOGNIZE YOURSELF AFTER AWHILE.

STOP at this point and TAKE STOCK OF YOUR LIFE. ATLEAST YOU CAN HAVE A BEARING FROM THERE.
GOD'S GRACE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (35) (Reply)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / How I Caught My Cheating Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.