Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books (5567 Views)

Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. / Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 9:26am On May 23, 2020
@Xmuslim

Most philosophers of ancient times taught people that there should be punishment after death since both good and evil people do die, they reasoned that there are spirits of the dead roaming around and this should be a sign of the afterlife.
So the question that comes to mind is where do spirits come from and why do some of them do appear and speaks like dead people?
Remember that the one and only nation God revealed the secret to is Israel through the Bible, so there is no way people from other nations could have access to those secrets unless they adopt the Jewish religion in order to have access to those inspired scriptures.

God's word revealed that there are spirit beings God created in heaven, they don't have physical bodies like us but they are far intelligent and powerful than humans.
They can materialise and dematerialize at will, they are faster than light, and they can sight things from one part of the earth to the other and since their own bodies can't die naturally they can live forever. Job 38:7
God never permitted them to have dealings with humans so they don't know anything we are doing here untill one of them became a rebel, he left his home (heaven) and came to the earth, this was what led to the fall of Adam and Eve. Genesis 3:1-5
This powerful spirit heard God pronounced judgment on him so he knew he will be destroyed {Genesis 3:15} this made him to induce other angels to rebel against God, to make them rebels like himself he directed their attention to the earth and most especially the enjoyment humans derive from gender difference (SEX). They were moved at the sight of female humans so they came down, designed bodies for themselves and since they don't have the power to breathe life into the bodies like God they possessed the beautiful bodies and became handsome men, surely the ladies fell for their looks, intelligence and ability to provide whatever those ladies wanted, that's how they began having sex with them. Genesis 6:1-6
But the result was disastrous. Their Children grew faster and bigger, these breeds were stubborn and rude that's why God decided to destroy them through the global deluge! 1Peter 3:19-20, 2Peter 2:4-5; Jude 6
After the deluge everyone outside Noah's ark died with the breed of wicked giants but the angels just dropped their bodies and went back to heaven again, God did not allow them to mix with his loyal spirit sons again so they became fugitives, they are the ones appearing to people pretending as dead people, their intention is to make God's word sounds stupid before people as what the book says contradicts what people are hearing and seeing!
One of them wanted to make use of the body of Moses in order to start appearing and disappearing before the Israelites but Michael (the head of all the angels in heaven) intercepted that move! Jude 9

Till today they're in anguish as to what will happen to them but they don't know because God has separated them from his remaining loyal spirit sons!

So where God's people gather to deliberate on what is written in the Bible, these fallen angels look for ways to ascertain the meaning of those inspired writings {1Peter 1:12} so if intelligent creatures like angels must listen to Jehovah's Witnesses (true Christians) before they can grasp what the book says, how do you think ordinary humans who have so many fleshly desires as distractions to grasp what is written in the book?

That's why there is contradictions everywhere, but God said you will IDENTIFY those given the wisdom of understanding {Daniel 12:8-10} by the fruit of God's holy spirit which is LOVE JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering! Galatians 5:22-23 compare to Matthew 7:15-20
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 11:00am On May 23, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus is the first Prophet who brought the idea of eternal torment, never has anyone before him spoke of anything like that!

All the prophets from the beginning till John always talks about either eternal life or death.

What most Bible readers failed to realize is Jesus' incessant use of illustrations {Psalms 78:2 compare to Matthew 13:35} Jesus' style of teaching helps his listeners to grasp many things in few words.

So what is the meaning of the word that was mistranslated as Hellfire?

They are two Hebrew words, the first word is Sheol which it's Greek equivalent Hades in simple English means Grave.

The second is Gehenna, this was a valley behind the walls of Jerusalem during Jesus' days, it was used as a symbol of eternal destruction or damnation. Inside this valley is where the Jews do cast the dead bodies of animals that God's law forbids them not to eat, the corpsea of criminals and others rubbish. Since it's always filled with refuse and other unwanted items fire often burn just like our refuse today also burns due to the heat of gases within.

So Jesus used Gehenna as a symbol of total annihilation of wicked people, the Jews believe in the resurrection of their dead loved ones, but Jesus is hear telling them that those who failed to live by God's standards will not be remembered during resurrection, such cases will be likened to items they often throw into Gehenna.

Of course there are things we keep out of sight when we aren't ready to make use of them but whatever we throw into a dump of refuse definitely is gone and forgotten. Likewise Jesus was using this illustration to teach his Jewish people who taught God will resurrect all their dead loved families simply because they're Abraham's descendants that God only keep account of those who lived worthily of such.

To the Jews, they don't think other nations will have this hope (resurrection) since those nations don't have God's laws, so their conclusion is that God will only remember those who knew his laws whether they live by it or not because of God's promises to Abraham.
But Job who wasn't a descendant of Abraham was inspired by God to say

"if an able bodied man die will be still live again? i will wait all the days that i must spend in the grave until your anger subsides (talking about the curse Adam's rebellion brought upon mankind), you will call and i will answer, you will not forget the works of your hands" Job 14:13-15

So Jesus made them realize that God will destroy both their bodies and shatter their credulous hopes in the grave if they fail to exercise faith in God's word {Matthew 10:28} whereas God will remember many people from other nations who believe in God's word! Matthew 8:11

All these contributed to the hatred the Jews had for Jesus {John 8:12-59} they felt he is not as patriotic as the Messiah they were expecting according to the prophecies! Isaiah 9:6-7

To them their expected Messiah will cater for Jews first whether they're faithful or not, of course Jesus showed that these people should be considered first {Matthew 10:6, 15:26} but since they lacked faith they lost that privilege and the grace (undeserved kindness) was shown to faithful people from other nations! Matthew 22:1-14

Thanks! smiley

Well, if God can't make his book simple enough for ordinary mind to understand, it belittle God mighty power. But that's not my main point here.

I also don't have interest in the reinterpretation because it is in every religion. When scripture contradict or go against science or common sense, the scholars in that religion re-interpret to perfect the book. The so called God's book need human effort of reinterpretation. It is weird

Now back to my main point. Regardless of your reinterpretation, if your church believe that jehovah witness goes to paradise and others just die and they don't go to any hell fire; they just don't wake up after death. I think your own version of God is not brutal, unlike other Christians' and Muslim God that find joy in roasting people in hell fire for eternity. Your God is relatively merciful
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 11:55am On May 23, 2020
Xmuslim:

Well, if God can't make his book simple enough for ordinary mind to understand, it belittle God mighty power. But that's not my main point here.

I also don't have interest in the reinterpretation because it is in every religion. When scripture contradict or go against science or common sense, the scholars in that religion re-interpret to perfect the book. The so called God's book need human effort of reinterpretation. It is weird

Now back to my main point. Regardless of your reinterpretation, if your church believe that jehovah witness goes to paradise and others just die and they don't go to any hell fire; they just don't wake up after death. I think your own version of God is not brutal, unlike other Christians' and Muslim God that find joy in roasting people in hell fire for eternity. Your God is relatively merciful

Of course humans were created with the ability to reason, we always think of how to cohabit peacefully with fellow humans and this leads us to making proposals regarding right and wrong, therefore you should expect each person to exert himself/herself with all reasonableness to present what he/her finds appealing in their choice as per rules of conduct!

But what determines where true wisdom is comes from the success of their proposal.

Your interpretation or reinterpretation should have certain success that's obvious to everyone NOT just defining or redefining your concept without any achievement!

Of all the groups and organizations claiming believers in this planet today, only Jehovah's Witnesses have achieved 100% success in what they're teaching!

When all of them are saying their God will punish evildoers in Hellfire, you'll still find them seeking vengeance!

Whereas Jehovah's Witnesses who claims God wants people to have a change of mind are seeking ways to find common ground for peaceful cohabitation. WHY? Because what we believe is that humans becomes vicious when desperation comes and that's what leads them into evil thoughts, so we keep seeking ways to lighten the burden in their hearts to make them feel calm at all times! Matthew 11:18-30
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by chingle5(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
sweettease:

I'm not bidding. You're looking for someone to argue with undecided

Lol cheesy cheesy babe no wan argue
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by chingle5(m): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
IlovePMB:
Is there a Supernatural life/force? I need real life
proofs without religious quotations.

Many claim to be Christians, Muslims and so on just because of what they were taught or what was written in the Bible, Koran or other religious books. I here by challenge your faith. Prove your faith.

I came across this your post and i think it is a very interesting one, i will like to ask have you been able to get a satisfactory answer to your question
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by chingle5(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
IlovePMB:

Hope he has revealed himself to you. So tell us how.

This reply is funny man grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are You Thankful For Today? / Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? / Can A Christian Do Plastic Surgery For Beauty Enhancement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.