Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books (5547 Views)

Conversation I Had With A Muslim Who Was Trying To Convert Me. / Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 12:59pm On May 20, 2020
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 12:59pm On May 20, 2020
Tifunloran:

Who did u pray to if you dont belief in God as an Atheist
Prayers aren't answered. No need to pray unless it makes you happy.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 1:03pm On May 20, 2020
Maximus69:

God answered Jesus' prayer! smiley

The Bible says Jesus was God's only begotten son. Yet Jesus prayed fervently to his father to make his followers (who will be collected from different races) as one big family! John 17:20-23

This is what seems most difficult as in impossible, yet with God it has become a reality today! Matthew 19:26
How can people from different races, tongues, national groups, languages, skin colour, tribe, social status and level of education come under one umbrella and remain submissive to the same rule? embarassed

Jesus must have thought over this countless times before he prayed so extensively on the matter.
Even his first set of followers who saw him face to face, witnessed him performed many miraculous works, performed many miraculous works themselves in his name, spoke the same language with him and ate the same kind of food with him got tired of following him in his seemingly crazy talks! John 6:60-66

So how possible is it for people from different races, cultures, traditions, skin colour and social status to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers in his name?

Well God heard Jesus' heartfelt request and today the proof is here!

Jehovah's Witnesses! Isaiah 2:2-4

So God listens and answer prayers, but you must ask in accordance with his will! 1John 5:14

Thanks! smiley

Here we go again. What happens in the past and reported in the scripture but can't be tested today is not an evidence.

You claim prayer must coincidence with God's will. This is a circular argument. No way to confirm the reality of prayer.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 1:06pm On May 20, 2020
Maximus69:

And what will be the yardstick for distinguishing between good and bad if you and i never agree on the same line of thought? smiley

Conscience and empathy. What would hurt me would probably hurt others
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

Here we go again. What happens in the past and reported in the scripture but can't be tested today is not an evidence.

You claim prayer must coincidence with God's will. This is a circular argument. No way to confirm the reality of prayer.

What exactly do you expect as evidence that a prayer has been answered if someone told you when the request was made and the time it is answered? cheesy

OK you just assume that everyone in Bible times just makes requests and it was granted instantly shey? cheesy

My friend, the greatest evidence that God answers prayers is here today!

Go and make unite people from different races, skin colour and social status the way Jehovah's Witnesses have been united first before coming to argue what all eyes can see!

God said no sign will be given this crooked and twisted generation because his will is taking place already in your midst, so if you are not satisfied with the evidence of his will then go sooth yourself! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

Conscience and empathy. What would hurt me would probably hurt others

That's exactly where the problem will escalate to the greatest genocide ever!

Because one man's meat is another man's poison, and each person will like to hold onto his own desire! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 2:19pm On May 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

Prayers aren't answered. It only give hope to religious people.

While my mind can't conceive existence without initiator. I think that God doesn't have interest in us. We're here to help ourselves. He (if he exist) doesn't answer any prayer

If there can't be existence without initiator, then who initiated the initiator.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 2:53pm On May 20, 2020
IlovePMB:

If there can't be existence without initiator, then who initiated the initiator.

Then who initiated the one that initiated the initiator.

It is infinite regression stuff.. No end. I don't have the answer. It is just my personal belief that something more powerful initiate everything we see today. I don't have evidence.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 2:56pm On May 20, 2020
Maximus69:

That's exactly where the problem will escalate to the greatest genocide ever!

Because one man's meat is another man's poison, and each person will like to hold onto his own desire! smiley

Did religion tell you what each man need?

Religion advice to love your neighbour.. How?

You will surely love a jehovah witness neighbour more than Muslim neighbour I suppose. Thus, no universal love in religion
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

Did religion tell you what each man need?

Religion advice to love your neighbour.. How?

You will surely love a jehovah witness neighbour more than Muslim neighbour I suppose. Thus, no universal love in religion

Do you have blood relations?

Do you have the same feelings for everyone?

What makes you feel closer to one person than the other?

(1)Surely everyone living is born into one family or the other so that is certain.

(2)No i'm more attracted to people with whom we have the same hobby.

(3)People who feel like everyone should be treated equally will automatically become my friend.

Now the third point is what made me leave Islam for Jehovah's Witnesses, what you're thinking is impossible since your relatives will come first even when he/she has dubious character, but with Jehovah's Witnesses no matter where he/she comes from the Organization will begin to mold you unless you don't want to be recognized in the Organization as a bonafide member!

That's why i prefer being a member of such an organized group! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 10:52pm On May 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Do you have blood relations?

Do you have the same feelings for everyone?

What makes you feel closer to one person than the other?

(1)Surely everyone living is born into one family or the other so that is certain.

(2)No i'm more attracted to people with whom we have the same hobby.

(3)People who feel like everyone should be treated equally will automatically become my friend.

Now the third point is what made me leave Islam for Jehovah's Witnesses, what you're thinking is impossible since your relatives will come first even when he/she has dubious character, but with Jehovah's Witnesses no matter where he/she comes from the Organization will begin to mold you unless you don't want to be recognized in the Organization as a bonafide member!

That's why i prefer being a member of such an organized group! smiley

I can see that you are very happy with your life and this is a joy I would never be willing to take away from anyone.

However, it does not mean that your belief system is right.

Personally, I prefer to believe in a God that will admit me into a paradise where I will enjoy for eternity. I don't think there is a price too big for such enjoyment. It gives more meaning to life. At least, one will be sure he's going somewhere aftet death. But I can't deceive myself and follow illusion just because of a promise of eternal joy.

I have no evidence whatsoever to follow any of the world religion. I have no absolute evidence of the existence of God but I chose to believe something must have been responsible for everything in existence today.

If there is a scripture of any religion that is devoid of contradictions, hate, scientific flaw, eternal hell, injustice etc. Then, people like me may start to have a change of mind. Until then, peace be on to you dear friend
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Csonice1: 11:53pm On May 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

Of course any Christian will claim bible is the word of God. Muslim will claim quran is the world of God. All of them will give us reason why their book is the word of God ranging from scientific evidence, mathematical, historical, prophesies etc.

All these books contain scientific errors, unfulfilled prophesies, contradictions, violence etc

Thus, Christian book is only special to you because you are a Christian. And you are Christian because your parents indoctrinated you. I was a Muslim because my parents also indoctrinated me.

Free yourself from the indoctrination and you will see the world from a different angle

That's your choice: science doesn't know all there is to know; Newton; Einstein; quantum physicists, they don't know all there is to know.
I don't base my belief on theories; science can falter,
The Bible is true ALWAYS.

BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT FLAT AND ROUND EARTH, go and find out how many dimensions that do exist; then try to view the Earth from the highest dimension(I suggest you also study about the string theory in physics);
Well, I doubt if your mind can cope with just four dimensions.. just four.

ABOUT THE SUN;
Motion in science is with respect to a reference point. In other words, motion is relative. An aircraft is seen to be moving when viewed from the airport, the sun moves also from this reference point.

Now let's move to the sun: from the sun the movement of the aircraft is negligible. There is no up or down, The Earth is seen to be moving with everything in it around the sun.

Let's move to the center of the milkyway galaxy: the sun and other stars move around it.
Let's move to another Galaxy: pheeeew! You can't see the aircraft,earth ,you can rarely see the sun as a spot of light some light-years away.
God is everywhere He pleases to be and the reference point is His to choose:
There is a Name He is called:
The Possessor of the Heavens and the earth

ABOUT THE FOUNDATIONS:
Read a little about the warping of space-time;
if you are able to understand it. Then from the highest dimension that exists: (they've discovered 11 dimensions) picture the Earth. The Earth is hanging on nothing as the Bible says in the Book of Job: and that's a three dimensional fact. Simple. Yet there are underlying principles that make up the pillars holding the Earth: Take for instance the principle of the warping of space-time : space is curved around the Earth and everything that has mass. How much more when viewed from a higher dimension?. Well, at some point science will have to drop their existing theories(the very ones you so much trust in) as they have done in the last few years; especially when they study higher dimensions.

Along the line of eternity you will get to know the truth: either now in the body or out of it.
This is my humble take on this.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by onlyinJESUS: 12:15am On May 21, 2020
IlovePMB:
Is there a Supernatural life/force? I need real life
proofs without religious quotations.

Many claim to be Christians, Muslims and so on just because of what they were taught or what was written in the Bible, Koran or other religious books. I here by challenge your faith. Prove your faith.

A man born blind asked me prove to him the existence of the sun. He also doesn't have the ability to feel. How In the world am I going to do the task?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 6:54am On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

I can see that you are very happy with your life and this is a joy I would never be willing to take away from anyone.

However, it does not mean that your belief system is right.

Personally, I prefer to believe in a God that will admit me into a paradise where I will enjoy for eternity. I don't think there is a price too big for such enjoyment. It gives more meaning to life. At least, one will be sure he's going somewhere aftet death. But I can't deceive myself and follow illusion just because of a promise of eternal joy.

I have no evidence whatsoever to follow any of the world religion. I have no absolute evidence of the existence of God but I chose to believe something must have been responsible for everything in existence today.

If there is a scripture of any religion that is devoid of contradictions, hate, scientific flaw, eternal hell, injustice etc. Then, people like me may start to have a change of mind. Until then, peace be on to you dear friend

When selfish people read, listen or see what goes against there own thoughts they often conclude the same way, but i'm telling you now that there's nothing like
Contradictions
Hate
Scientific flaw
Eternal hell or
Injustice
in God's word!

That's the misinterpretation of Satan's agents, just ask question on what seem so, share little moment with God's friends and you will be amazed to know that 99.9% of those carrying the book (Bible) knew nothing about it!

For instance let me give you a hint.
During the time when this book was written, there are few nations that have advanced in Scientific research and as you and i know for sure that Scientists only talks about what they can see, so their believe is that the earth stood on something because nothing is suspended in the air. They also concluded that the earth is flat.
But to their bewilderment back then the inspired writers of the Bible had a totally different opinion because it's God himself that's feeding this ones the information they had!
Job said God suspended the earth in the air meaning nothing is supporting our earth it's just there! Job 26:7

When they thought the earth was flat God inspired a Bible writer to pen it down that the earth was round (the Hebrew word used even meant Spherical) Isaiah 40:22

That's just two reasons to assure you that there is a Supreme Being who inspired those ancient men to pen down such things that's beyond their reasoning back then!

So feel free to ask whatever question you have about the Bible, we are Jehovah's Witnesses we've got all the answers! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 9:39am On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

Then who initiated the one that initiated the initiator.

It is infinite regression stuff.. No end. I don't have the answer. It is just my personal belief that something more powerful initiate everything we see today. I don't have evidence.

Then that means the mind set that something must be created before it exists is wrong. Actually some things can exist just by accident.

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 9:41am On May 21, 2020
onlyinJESUS:

A man born blind asked me prove to him the existence of the sun. He also doesn't have the ability to feel. How In the world am I going to do the task?

See who have eyes and can feel.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 10:02am On May 21, 2020
IlovePMB:

Then that means the mind set that something must be created before it exists is wrong. Actually some things can exist just by accident.

well, you may be right. But I doubt you have an evidence too. It's just a possibility. I watch some science talk on the topic "universe from nothing" but I could not grasp any evidence that is understood by me. So I'm still open on the topic
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 10:10am On May 21, 2020
Maximus69:

When selfish people read, listen or see what goes against there own thoughts they often conclude the same way, but i'm telling you now that there's nothing like
Contradictions
Hate
Scientific flaw
Eternal hell or
Injustice
in God's word!

That's the misinterpretation of Satan's agents, just ask question on what seem so, share little moment with God's friends and you will be amazed to know that 99.9% of those carrying the book (Bible) knew nothing about it!

For instance let me give you a hint.
During the time when this book was written, there are few nations that have advanced in Scientific research and as you and i know for sure that Scientists only talks about what they can see, so their believe is that the earth stood on something because nothing is suspended in the air. They also concluded that the earth is flat.
But to their bewilderment back then the inspired writers of the Bible had a totally different opinion because it's God himself that's feeding this ones the information they had!
Job said God suspended the earth in the air meaning nothing is supporting our earth it's just there! Job 26:7

When they thought the earth was flat God inspired a Bible writer to pen it down that the earth was round (the Hebrew word used even meant Spherical) Isaiah 40:22

That's just two reasons to assure you that there is a Supreme Being who inspired those ancient men to pen down such things that's beyond their reasoning back then!

So feel free to ask whatever question you have about the Bible, we are Jehovah's Witnesses we've got all the answers! smiley

Obviously you either have not read the Bible or your pastor have reinterpreted it to seems perfect. Bible is far away from perfection.

I'm not interested in taking your joy away. I just want you to know that you are probably with a wrong belief system. So, don't be too sure.

If you wish to do research. Search for debate between Christian and other faith on YouTube. Search for scientific errors in the bible. Search for violence and contradictions in the bible.

But again, don't bother to research if you think it will take your joy away. You have probably invested so much in your religion. You may be very disappointed to realise that it's just an illusion

Wait a minute. Are you claiming you don't believe in eternal hell?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 10:41am On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

Obviously you either have not read the Bible or your pastor have reinterpreted it to seems perfect. Bible is far away from perfection.

I'm not interested in taking your joy away. I just want you to know that you are probably with a wrong belief system. So, don't be too sure.

If you wish to do research. Search for debate between Christian and other faith on YouTube. Search for scientific errors in the bible. Search for violence and contradictions in the bible.

But again, don't bother to research if you think it will take your joy away. You have probably invested so much in your religion. You may be very disappointed to realise that it's just an illusion

Well nobody should be deprived of being happy if you've found a way to make yourself happy! smiley

You're really mistaken my friend, you underestimate how much time i've invested in research about the authenticity of this book (Bible), so if you think you've got anything to say just feel free to express yourself, but i'm assuring you now that there is no honest hearted and sincere researcher on this planet that can disprove the Bible!

Anyone can choose to blur his/her own sense of reasoning but when they come face to face with us, they will be silenced! Isaiah 54:17

Nevertheless i really commend you Sir, thanks for your time! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by onlyinJESUS: 10:48am On May 21, 2020
IlovePMB:

See who have eyes and can feel.

*See* who have eyes? And should I believe him because he claims to have seen the sun?
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by IlovePMB: 11:10am On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

well, you may be right. But I doubt you have an evidence too. It's just a possibility. I watch some science talk on the topic "universe from nothing" but I could not grasp any evidence that is understood by me. So I'm still open on the topic

The simple evidence is that If someone made the Universe, who made the person that made the universe? And who made the person that made the person that made the Universe. And that goes on and on. Thus, it means some time and some where, someone/something came into existence by accident.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 1:10pm On May 21, 2020
IlovePMB:

The simple evidence is that If someone made the Universe, who made the person that made the universe? And who made the person that made the person that made the Universe. And that goes on and on. Thus, it means some time and some where, someone/something came into existence by accident.

Actually, when I I was a Muslim, I believed that Allah is that entity that came into existence (not by accident) without any cause/initiator. Infact, I believed he does not have a beginning. But of course my belief was based on faith not evidence.

So for now I'm open on the topic. I may be more educated about it in the future. My major concern for now is that if such God exist, he cannot need our faith/worship let alone base our salvation on such. Also, the way the world operates makes it seems that we are left on our own. Perhaps, that God is not interested in us.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 1:22pm On May 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Well nobody should be deprived of being happy if you've found a way to make yourself happy! smiley

You're really mistaken my friend, you underestimate how much time i've invested in research about the authenticity of this book (Bible), so if you think you've got anything to say just feel free to express yourself, but i'm assuring you now that there is no honest hearted and sincere researcher on this planet that can disprove the Bible!

Anyone can choose to blur his/her own sense of reasoning but when they come face to face with us, they will be silenced! Isaiah 54:17

Nevertheless i really commend you Sir, thanks for your time! smiley

You are welcome sir.

@bolded is the reason why I don't usually like to debate a religious person, because they have concluded before they hear the other side. This is why I just advice them to watch debate on YouTube and read on their own.

Back to your research investment. Did you know that I also invested 15yrs of life in the research about religion. But because I was a Muslim, it's not possible not to be biase in my research even without knowing it. Same apply to a Christian.

I became non believer when I started to read and watch with more open mind. I broke the barrier in my mind. I listened to jew, Christian, sadhguru, atheist, exmuslim, exchristian, psychologist, phylosophers. etc. I realised I have broke many law of research ;il I have applied cognitive resonance without knowing. I have accepted lies simply because it conform with my faith.

May we all continue to enjoy peace and happiness
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 1:41pm On May 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Do you believe in eternal hell sir? Yes or no
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

Do you believe in eternal hell sir? Yes or no

NO!
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 9:18pm On May 21, 2020
Maximus69:

NO!

OK sir. So according to the Bible, how will God judge non Christian if they will not be in hell forever. Thanks
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

OK sir. So according to the Bible, how will God judge non Christian if they will not be in hell forever. Thanks

According to the Bible God never had any plans for evildoers!

Adam, Eve and all their descendants supposed to continue living forever in peace before Adam chose death. Genesis 2:17

God's gift for obedient descendants of rebellious Adam and Eve is everlasting youthful life in a Paradise earth! Psalms 37:29

He is holy (pure in heart) he has no evil thoughts in his heart {Jeremiah 7:31} what he planned is happiness and joy for his creatures so it's those who chose to serve as obstacles that will be removed as in return to non-existence {Psalms 37:7-11; Proverbs 2:20-22} they never existed before now so they'll return to their former state! smiley

Satan is the one promoting the lies that everyone both good and evil will continue to exist in separate places, but at death an evildoer has paid FULLY for his error {Romans 6:7} the true God had nothing to drag with evildoers, they only jeopardized their own chances of everlasting life! Romans 6:23

You are welcome! smiley
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

You are welcome sir.

@bolded is the reason why I don't usually like to debate a religious person, because they have concluded before they hear the other side. This is why I just advice them to watch debate on YouTube and read on their own.

Back to your research investment. Did you know that I also invested 15yrs of life in the research about religion. But because I was a Muslim, it's not possible not to be biase in my research even without knowing it. Same apply to a Christian.

I became non believer when I started to read and watch with more open mind. I broke the barrier in my mind. I listened to jew, Christian, sadhguru, atheist, exmuslim, exchristian, psychologist, phylosophers. etc. I realised I have broke many law of research ;il I have applied cognitive resonance without knowing. I have accepted lies simply because it conform with my faith.

May we all continue to enjoy peace and happiness

Hmmmmmmmm, well i was a Muslim too before i began my own research.

And i spent just 45 years of my life (1969-2014) in Islam, out of which i devoted 22 years to thorough research before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses (the one and only TRUE Christian Organization) Maximus69 the "69" is my year of birth!

At first i wanted to go for ATHEISM but one thing that killed and buried atheism was their inconsistency as regards how to present themselves!

They don't believe in the existence of God (Supreme Being) yet they want to reason with other intelligent creatures (humans) on how to make use of the human brain!

It makes no practical sense debunking the idea of an all intelligent being yet trying to reason with other intelligent beings to navigate their reasoning!

ATHEISM will have been the best thereof if they don't try reasoning with religionists in anyway! According to ATHEISM, each individual ought to be free to make use of his God's given brains, so if a person chose to render his/her own brains useless for someone else to set rules for him, nobody should question him/her for that!

But atheists killed their own concept when they come up with criticising and arguing against the way religionists dominate one another!

Come on, these people believe in a Supreme Being so they're still on course!

As a former soldier i kept wondering how humans can make peace reign globally, the objective of an army is to make the opposing side surrender NOT TO KILL THEM!

It's when they refused to drop their weapons that we go into battle. So the first time i heard of the word "Christian Soldiers" it amused me greatly because the man Jesus never raised up a weapon against anyone so how can his followers claim to be Soldiers?

Well Jehovah's Witnesses proved to me beyond all reasonable doubt that it is possible!

Soldiers makes enemies surrender weapons through the application of FORCE, WEAPONS and RECORDS OF CASUALTIES. Yet those who surrendered to us don't do so heartily!

But Jehovah's Witnesses without any of the three have made over 8,700,000 individuals from different races under the heavens surrendered all weapons wholeheartedly, and not only that but vowed NEVER TO PICK UP ANY WEAPONS AGAINST ANYONE FOR LIFE!

That's what turned me into a believer (one trusting) in the weapon they employed (Bible) undecided
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 7:32pm On May 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmm, well i was a Muslim too before i began my own research.

And i spent just 45 years of my life (1969-2014) in Islam, out of which i devoted 22 years to thorough research before i became one of Jehovah's Witnesses (the one and only TRUE Christian Organization) Maximus69 the "69" is my year of birth!

At first i wanted to go for ATHEISM but one thing that killed and buried atheism was their inconsistency as regards how to present themselves!

They don't believe in the existence of God (Supreme Being) yet they want to reason with other intelligent creatures (humans) on how to make use of the human brain!

It makes no practical sense debunking the idea of an all intelligent being yet trying to reason with other intelligent beings to navigate their reasoning!

ATHEISM will have been the best thereof if they don't try reasoning with religionists in anyway! According to ATHEISM, each individual ought to be free to make use of his God's given brains, so if a person chose to render his/her own brains useless for someone else to set rules for him, nobody should question him/her for that!

But atheists killed their own concept when they come up with criticising and arguing against the way religionists dominate one another!

Come on, these people believe in a Supreme Being so they're still on course!

As a former soldier i kept wondering how humans can make peace reign globally, the objective of an army is to make the opposing side surrender NOT TO KILL THEM!

It's when they refused to drop their weapons that we go into battle. So the first time i heard of the word "Christian Soldiers" it amused me greatly because the man Jesus never raised up a weapon against anyone so how can his followers claim to be Soldiers?

Well Jehovah's Witnesses proved to me beyond all reasonable doubt that it is possible!

Soldiers makes enemies surrender weapons through the application of FORCE, WEAPONS and RECORDS OF CASUALTIES. Yet those who surrendered to us don't do so heartily!

But Jehovah's Witnesses without any of the three have made over 8,700,000 individuals from different races under the heavens surrendered all weapons wholeheartedly, and not only that but vowed NEVER TO PICK UP ANY WEAPONS AGAINST ANYONE FOR LIFE!

That's what turned me into a believer (one trusting) in the weapon they employed (Bible) undecided

Thanks for the thorough explanation. However, some of your notion regarding atheist are incorrect. And atheist don't have a set of rules.

Also, we keep learning every day, so you may discover more things in the future that may align or otherwise with your faith.
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Xmuslim: 7:33pm On May 22, 2020
Maximus69:

According to the Bible God never had any plans for evildoers!

Adam, Eve and all their descendants supposed to continue living forever in peace before Adam chose death. Genesis 2:17

God's gift for obedient descendants of rebellious Adam and Eve is everlasting youthful life in a Paradise earth! Psalms 37:29

He is holy (pure in heart) he has no evil thoughts in his heart {Jeremiah 7:31} what he planned is happiness and joy for his creatures so it's those who chose to serve as obstacles that will be removed as in return to non-existence {Psalms 37:7-11; Proverbs 2:20-22} they never existed before now so they'll return to their former state! smiley

Satan is the one promoting the lies that everyone both good and evil will continue to exist in separate places, but at death an evildoer has paid FULLY for his error {Romans 6:7} the true God had nothing to drag with evildoers, they only jeopardized their own chances of everlasting life! Romans 6:23

You are welcome! smiley

Sir, how would you interpret the hell fire verses in the Bible. Some of them below:

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28

"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” - Matthew 25:46
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 4:31am On May 23, 2020
Xmuslim:

Thanks for the thorough explanation. However, some of your notion regarding atheist are incorrect. And atheist don't have a set of rules.

Also, we keep learning every day, so you may discover more things in the future that may align or otherwise with your faith.

That's what makes ATHEISM a total delusion!

Atheists thinks each human should be capable of making his/her own decision without guidance from any Superior intelligence, but that's a big fat lie! undecided

Because humans aren't capable of managing so many things alone.

For instance "power or position", we need set of rules to cohabit peacefully since we are intelligent beings. Unlike animals humans proposes so our opinions must differ!

Without the concept of a Supreme Being, there will always be conflicts which will eventually lead to wars and killings, that's what caused so much wars in ancient times till today! undecided
Re: I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books by Nobody: 5:08am On May 23, 2020
Xmuslim:

Sir, how would you interpret the hell fire verses in the Bible. Some of them below:

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10:28

"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” - Matthew 25:46

Jesus is the first Prophet who brought the idea of eternal torment, never has anyone before him spoke of anything like that!

All the prophets from the beginning till John always talks about either eternal life or death.

What most Bible readers failed to realize is Jesus' incessant use of illustrations {Psalms 78:2 compare to Matthew 13:35} Jesus' style of teaching helps his listeners to grasp many things in few words.

So what is the meaning of the word that was mistranslated as Hellfire?

They are two Hebrew words, the first word is Sheol which it's Greek equivalent Hades in simple English means Grave.

The second is Gehenna, this was a valley behind the walls of Jerusalem during Jesus' days, it was used as a symbol of eternal destruction or damnation. Inside this valley is where the Jews do cast the dead bodies of animals that God's law forbids them not to eat, the corpsea of criminals and others rubbish. Since it's always filled with refuse and other unwanted items fire often burn just like our refuse today also burns due to the heat of gases within.

So Jesus used Gehenna as a symbol of total annihilation of wicked people, the Jews believe in the resurrection of their dead loved ones, but Jesus is hear telling them that those who failed to live by God's standards will not be remembered during resurrection, such cases will be likened to items they often throw into Gehenna.

Of course there are things we keep out of sight when we aren't ready to make use of them but whatever we throw into a dump of refuse definitely is gone and forgotten. Likewise Jesus was using this illustration to teach his Jewish people who taught God will resurrect all their dead loved families simply because they're Abraham's descendants that God only keep account of those who lived worthily of such.

To the Jews, they don't think other nations will have this hope (resurrection) since those nations don't have God's laws, so their conclusion is that God will only remember those who knew his laws whether they live by it or not because of God's promises to Abraham.
But Job who wasn't a descendant of Abraham was inspired by God to say

"if an able bodied man die will be still live again? i will wait all the days that i must spend in the grave until your anger subsides (talking about the curse Adam's rebellion brought upon mankind), you will call and i will answer, you will not forget the works of your hands" Job 14:13-15

So Jesus made them realize that God will destroy both their bodies and shatter their credulous hopes in the grave if they fail to exercise faith in God's word {Matthew 10:28} whereas God will remember many people from other nations who believe in God's word! Matthew 8:11

All these contributed to the hatred the Jews had for Jesus {John 8:12-59} they felt he is not as patriotic as the Messiah they were expecting according to the prophecies! Isaiah 9:6-7

To them their expected Messiah will cater for Jews first whether they're faithful or not, of course Jesus showed that these people should be considered first {Matthew 10:6, 15:26} but since they lacked faith they lost that privilege and the grace (undeserved kindness) was shown to faithful people from other nations! Matthew 22:1-14

Thanks! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can The Assassination Of A Dictator Be Justified? / Why Oyeku Meji Children Dont Wear Caps / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.