Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? (45186 Views)

My Near Death Experience / Experienced A Near Death Experience? Relate How You Felt During That Moment / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by TwistedInsane: 2:04pm On May 11, 2020
klbakare:

You are insane true true. Insanity wey get twisting.

LOL. Guess the name has a ring to it...
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:33pm On May 11, 2020
Didn't even think much of it.
klbakare:

But you should have told them afterwards. Wh embarassed embarasseden you've eventually survived.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by klbakare(m): 6:39pm On May 11, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
Didn't even think much of it.

This is a serious allegation that must be treated not only because of you but others. That's how they go about wasting lifes and ruining destinies. I know what my eyes have seen in the hand of incompetent doctors but for God's grace.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes, it's very possible. I have a mix of the Melancholy/Phlegmatic temperament. Melancholy being the dominant temperament and Phlegmatic being the passive one. That is 70% Mel/30% Phleg, you get?

What did you get when you took the online test?
well can't remember but I will repeat it and get back to you thanks for the answer
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Samm9y(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2020
light099:

Chai! Fear God nah. grin grin grin. Damn.

Samm9y check this out grin.

angry
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Samm9y(m): 9:54pm On May 11, 2020
LordKO:
I have had experiences which are not just near death, but also manifestation of divine grace/miracles - my irreligious disposition notwithstanding. 

One of the experiences is that one early Sunday morning, some years ago, I entered a utility room with a guarded window without my phone, while inside it I decided to find out the reason why the entrance door was often hard to unlock. So, I locked it while inside, unfortunately it knocked and all my efforts to unlock it proved abortive for more than 24 hours. I did everything possible to either use bare hands to open the door or unlock it with the keys to no avail. Worse still, it happened in a detached house in a gated compound and I was living alone; normally I do not entertain visitors without an invitation and I did not have a phone with me to call anyone to come to the house to break the doors and rescue me. I was hungry too, because I was so busy a night before it that I didn't eat before going to bed and I didn't take a breakfast before entering there.

I had resigned to fate, sobbing in tears when an ineffable thought came into me to try one more time to hold the doorknob and open it - the same thing I did several times without positive result - I did and the door opened with no extra force and tactics. But for the divine intervention, I could have stayed there for more than a month without anyone knowing my whereabouts, since it happened in a foreign land.

However, this isn't the main divine experience which changed a whole lot of things in me - the divine experience wasn't a near death one. Everyone has a divine authority guarding and guiding him/her, you'll know this if you're in tune with your subconscious.

God saved you from something bigger which might have cost your life.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by duchaB(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2020
Mariangeles:
What has been a near death experience to you?

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.

When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin

I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear. The other kid was laughing, while I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed

While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.

I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.

As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad

But near death experiences, as science call them NDE, are actually OBEs. I doubt if you had an OBE.
Well, Thank the Gods you didn't hit your coconut head on the hard concrete..
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 18, 2020
shinarlaura:
Yes ...was involve in a train accident that took the lives of more than 600 people and 700 were badly injured . But I came out without any wound. I can't stop thanking the Almighty God.

Hey can I get ur phone number,
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 18, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes, it's very possible. I have a mix of the Melancholy/Phlegmatic temperament. Melancholy being the dominant temperament and Phlegmatic being the passive one. That is 70% Mel/30% Phleg, you get?
What did you get when you took the online test?

Dismiss the temperament theory, it's nothing more than some sophisticated bullshiit, propounded by some over-analytical philosophers who always try to rationalize everything from the limited scope of their minds. And when they can't come up with a valid factual discovery, instead of owning up, they would rather settle for the less, for some misleading assumptions, but I'm smarter than that.

Some quick facts:
1) Different sources you read always list contradictory traits for each temperaments. They're never the same.
2) Whenever you check, you would always see yourself in the listed traits of all the purported temperaments. When you read some traits under Mel, you say, oh that's me! When you read others too, you would get to that point again when you say, oh that's me right there.
3) If you pay enough attention to life, you would notice that, just like DNA is unique, same with personality, no two people in life have exactly the same personality. That's to tell you, this is not just some four temperaments bullshit theory, personality in reality is quite complex and vast than that.
4) Eventually when these crap analysts discover that reality isn't dancing to the tune of their fallacy, that's why you see contradictions all about, and reason why they start combining different temperaments for one person, until eventually you discover each person has traits from all the temperaments and even more.

Another big shiit myth from these people is that temperament doesn't change. That's some massive lie right there. To start with, your temperament is a changeable subconscious way of behavior/personality at a particular time. As you grow, change environment/habits or exposure to life situations, you can partially or totally change.

There's nothing like a Sanguine and exactly how all sanguines behave. NO!
There is only you and how you behave. Each individual has unique personality, it's not generic.

Then, there is a wide range of existing personality traits, which everyone has, but the dominant ones and how they're combined in each individual is different, that's where the uniqueness comes from. Same way we all have same number of fingers, eyes, face etc. The way these things combine in each individual is the reason for uniqueness. Not that some people have heads, some don't or some have five eyes while others have two. We all have same things.
So, there's nothing like some have sanguine while some mel, we all have access to all existing personality traits, the dominant ones in you at a particular time makes the difference, and that's why you can change into another person overtime. Infact, I can keep saying things, but I would stop at this good point.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:38am On May 19, 2020
light099:

Dismiss the temperament theory, it's nothing more than some sophisticated bullshiit, propounded by some over-analytical philosophers who always try to rationalize everything from the limited scope of their minds. And when they can't come up with a valid factual discovery, instead of owning up, they would rather settle for the less, for some misleading assumptions, but I'm smarter than that.

Some quick facts:
1) Different sources you read always list contradictory traits for each temperaments. They're never the same.
2) Whenever you check, you would always see yourself in the listed traits of all the purported temperaments. When you read some traits under Mel, you say, oh that's me! When you read others too, you would get to that point again when you say, oh that's me right there.
3) If you pay enough attention to life, you would notice that, just like DNA is unique, same with personality, no two people in life have exactly the same personality. That's to tell you, this is not just some four temperaments bullshit theory, personality in reality is quite complex and vast than that.
4) Eventually when these crap analysts discover that reality isn't dancing to the tune of their fallacy, that's why you see contradictions all about, and reason why they start combining different temperaments for one person, until eventually you discover each person has traits from all the temperaments and even more.

Another big shiit myth from these people is that temperament doesn't change. That's some massive lie right there. To start with, your temperament is a changeable subconscious way of behavior/personality at a particular time. As you grow, change environment/habits or exposure to life situations, you can partially or totally change.

There's nothing like a Sanguine and exactly how all sanguines behave. NO!
There is only you and how you behave. Each individual has unique personality, it's not generic.

Then, there is a wide range of existing personality traits, which everyone has, but the dominant ones and how they're combined in each individual is different, that's where the uniqueness comes from. Same way we all have same number of fingers, eyes, face etc. The way these things combine in each individual is the reason for uniqueness. Not that some people have heads, some don't or some have five eyes while others have two. We all have same things.
So, there's nothing like some have sanguine while some mel, we all have access to all existing personality traits, the dominant ones in you at a particular time makes the difference, and that's why you can change into another person overtime. Infact, I can keep saying things, but I would stop at this good point.

While you're well entitled to your opinion(s), am I allowed to stick to my opinion(s) regardless? grin

Your points were succinctly put and I really respect/revere your opinions but I'm a strong believer of temperaments, no apologies. cool

Oh yea, I've had conflicting moments when I read through temperament traits on different platforms and got quite confused on which was mine, until a time I had to take a temperament test and it was helpful.

Thanks for your indulgence anyway. I found and still find it eye-opening. cool
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 19, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

While you're well entitled to your opinion(s), am I allowed to stick to my opinion(s) regardless? grin
Your points were succinctly put and I really respect/revere your opinions but I'm a strong believer of temperaments, no apologies. cool
Oh yea, I've had conflicting moments when I read through temperament traits on different platforms and got quite confused on which was mine, until a time I had to take a temperament test and it was helpful.
Thanks for your indulgence anyway. I found and still find it eye-opening. cool

Well, you reacted perfectly. Old beliefs don't die once, they die gradually. That's why I wouldn't expect you to let go of your beloved, temperament creed immediately or once. smiley
The philosophers gave their good-looking fallacy, which eventually is good for nothing in real life applications, but I lay before you the unattractive truth, not just some convincing opinion.
Try to relive your past in all your researches about temperament, the books and other things you consulted, but this time around, do things from the perspective of my writing. Then will you discover that all I've said is the truth, nothing but the truth.

Online test is another good piece of fvckery, which would judge you based on whatever misconceptions the author programmed in it. There's no wrong entry, and it will never tell you 'no'; you can always trust it to give you an answer, but you can not always trust it to give you the right answer.

Now, based on your profile, I'll do a rough placement of your temperament(s) using the philosophers' criteria.

* Analytical, Critic, Perfectionist - MEL
* Methodical - PHL/MEL
* Opinionated - PHL/CHOL/MEL
* Sapiosexual - MEL/CHOL
* Realist - PHL/MEL/CHOL
* Outspoken - CHOL/SAN
* Blunt- CHOL
* lazy hustler - PHL
* Fluid - SAN/PHL

With just little detail on your profile, I've been able to place your temperament, and the result is exactly what I would have expected; you discovered you have traits from all the purported temperaments. smiley
Little detail comfortably placed you on all the temperaments, more details would definitely do more.

We all possess the same vast range of the personality traits, the difference in each person is the dominance of some particularly traits more than the others, and how we generally combine the traits.
You have the personality traits of every other person and at the same time you have a unique personality that no other human can exactly replicate and at the same time again you might notice temporary or permanent change into an entirely new personality, as you're exposed to different factors of life like growth, change in environment, experiences and so on. You might wake up someday and discover yourself on a whole new dimension, there has always been the gradual change, you just didn't notice. You might be exposed to new environment and then you start noticing new personality traits you never knew you always had all along. It has always been there, it was only the previous conditions/environments that instructed your previous behavior all along.

There's nothing like a MEL/SAN/CHOL/PHL and how people who fall to each category exactly behave, rather there's a you with random possibilities and combination of behaviours. There's you and a way only you behave. Personality is unique not generic.

Someone smarter than the philosophers is here.
As you begin to view temperament from a new dimension each day, you would discover all I've said is the truth. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Peppermintflav: 2:28pm On May 27, 2020
Everyday spent in Nigeria is a near death experience.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2020
phemiee1810:
Yes I have, it all 3weeks ago when I woke at 5am for my morning exercise and I had this banging headache I had to pour cold water on my head used Panadol and just went back to sleep. The headache persisted throughout day and the next day.
I had this pain in my eye socket I had to go to a nearby laboratory to run a widal test only to discover than I had a Lil trace of typhoid in my system and my white blood cells was below minimum I had to start treating myself at home got ciprotab ibuprofen some immune strengthening drugs et all. I didn’t get better after 3days instead it became worse I had to go to the hospital to be placed on treatment I took a lot of drip injections and changed my drugs I still did not get better at all I became very pale weak and frail looking.
The doctor had to make me run another test for hepatitis, liver test, HIV, and all cos my urine was coming in a very dark color it was discovered that I took in some things that was already affecting my liver course of treatment was changed drugs were bought I was placed on a different drip I was in severe pain I sent a message to a very trusted friend making him swear an oath to do just as he promised I then instructed him on how to share my money if I eventually died gave his my bank details told him to sell my current phone which is an IPhone X add the all the money together and have him a sharing formulae I resigned fate and began to reconcile my ways with God I mentally priced a casket even choose the particular color I’d want and the location I wanted to be buried.
Thank God I got better few days after the treatment was changed to the right one been on injections since then and on meds was asked not to eat anything that has oil in it for now
But bro I forgot to ask, what exactly did the doc say was the cause of your problem?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Olotobi(m): 3:58am On Jun 09, 2020
Peakyblinder:
bro sorry about that man. Mine wasn't even up to yours. Sorry man. Mine was just abdominal pains on different parts of stomach but it went away after like a month without medications. Did an ultrasound too and they said my liver was mildly enlarged-15.87cm. Ive been trying to stay away from oily food but it's hard. Been on oats, Lipton, soup and yam basically

Hello bro, how are you feeling now?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Olotobi:

Hello bro, how are you feeling now?
I'm good thanks
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by toygod2: 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2020
YUJ
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by trippleKAY(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
Very traumatic, I cried every morning during the dressing, thank God for everything, I'm left with few scars now
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hope the burns weren't fatal? Must have been traumatic for you.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
trippleKAY:
Very traumatic, I cried every morning during the dressing, thank God for everything, I'm left with few scars now

So sorry. embarassed

I hope you are hale and hearty now?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by trippleKAY(m): 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
I'm very fine now dear, thank you, it's almost 4yrs now.
UyaiIncomparabl:

So sorry. embarassed

I hope you are hale and hearty now?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
trippleKAY:
I'm very fine now dear, thank you, it's almost 4yrs now.

Cheers to that.

Stay safe. kiss
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by trippleKAY(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thank you so much kiss
UyaiIncomparabl:

Cheers to that.

Stay safe. kiss

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Ebenezar2O2O: 1:39am On Jul 26, 2020
Etiyeokwe:
Yes. July 5th, 2019. I entered okada and within few minutes, we had an accident. Till today, I couldn't understand why the Aboki who drove the okada applied break at the middle of the road, even when there was no obstruction or threat from other road users. I found myself rolling on the tarred road. About three other motorcyclists rammed into us. How I managed to dive into a nearby bush was a miracle.
Next was to jump on my feet. I tried to scrutinize myself. My trousers were torn. My long sleeve shirt was torn in the left hand side. The more I scrutinized myself the more I discovered more bruises: my knee, hand, ankle, etc. I managed to go home. When I got to the house, I removed my shirt and trousers and laid on the sofa. All I wanted was to sleep so I could rest well, but then something told me to go to a pharmacist for first aid. I got up, dressed up and went to one of my guys who is a pharmacist. The pain was becoming much on the way.
I narrated the incident to him when I got there. He applied some chemicals on the bruises and also packaged some drugs for me. After this, we engaged in a conversation. Soon, I began to feel dizzy. I began to feel serious pain all over my body. I lost interest in the conversation.

The next thing I remembered was when someone jacked me up with his two hands, shouting uncle uncle while shaking me vigorously. I opened my eyes and I found out that I was on the floor. Heat all over my body. He later told me how I collapsed and fell down from a desk. He made arrangements and took me to a hospital.
What I saw in the other side.
I discovered that there are lots of people in the other side. They seem to be more than those who are here. Everyone was very busy. They minded their own business. Everyone moved with a speed.

July 5th, 2019; a day I tasted death.
cc Boxers01
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by DIIGZ(m): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=iamloyalty post=89369438][/quote] I am trying dear but finding love isn't easy, that's the only challenge I have for now, as no one want to introduce someone that won't hear as their hubby
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by DIIGZ(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
PharmD911:

Hi bro, How are you coping with the impaired hearing? cos this has happened to someone I know before.
it's not easy bro, but if the person's is educated, he/she should not feel shy, he should ask people to write what they are saying down
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 03, 2020
Futurejoy:

I had already fainted and when I opened my eyes, we were outside our compound with people gathered around giving different suggestions to my mum on which hospital is best . My mum rushed my there and I was admitted for another 3 weeks and there was no improvement plus they were kinda fetish. I was rushed out to another hospital at Egbeda one night when I started convulsing. At Egbeda , I spent 2 days there again before convulsing again and I was rushed to Agege General hospital . The day I got there, I was admitted and they connected the drip, blood and oxygen before I went into Coma.
In Coma, I only remembered sitting on a stone and crying for a long time then a man came in white and sat close to me and asked me my reason for crying. I told him I was tired of all the drips Nd injections that I can’t take it anymore and If i was going to continue being sick then I should die. He said “Ok” and walked away . Almost immediately I felt a cold shiver in real life as my spirit jumped into my body and I let out a very loud scream, I started shouting for them to off the fan and they replied that no fan was on.Doctors and nurses ran down to my bed side and I could hear people jubilating in the whole ward . I couldn’t open my eyes and the doctors that were there had to guard me on how to open my eyes.

When my eyes was finally opened, I was told I had been in Coma for close to 3weeks Nd I had stopped breathing for awhile and just as I was about being wheeled out to the morgue I came alive. It was a miracle, I am a miracle and I believe in miracles.
Thank God for everyone that interceded in prayers for me.

Wow, are you a Christian?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2020
Ebenezar2O2O:
cc Boxers01

Please is this real?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
naxclimpsey:
Well, the majority of people's post here is not a near-death experience.

Mine was in 2012 in Ibadan. I was staying with my aunt and at the same time taking care of her babies. One day I was eating on the floor and wanted to stand, so I placed my hand on a glass centre table to help me stand.

Immediately I placed my elbow on it, the glass broke and it peeled off my skin. I was looking at my skin like this like abbatoir meat. I was damn scared to the bone. I started scampering for help.

My sis rushed out of the room. Blood kept gushing out uncontrollably. We wrapped the hand with like 5 wrappers and they kept soaking with blood. Gosh, I am dead today!

We ran outta the house to a nearby clinic. We got there the nurse was trying to stitch the skin but the blood didn't allow her to do it. She injected the area just to stop the blood but all to no avail.

There and then I knew I can't make it alive. I began to say "Oluwa darijin mi " which means God forgive me. I kept saying it and my body began to weak and weak.

I could hear a faded voice saying, let's call the doctor this thing is not going to stop. They moved me on a bed, the doctor came about 10 mins later. I was already going.

They injected me without eating and after losing so much blood. But about a few minutes later I am outta the world. I saw myself in a place full of light. I mean total whiteness. I saw people singing and praising God, they are all on the white garment and the light couldn't let me see their face I swear.

The angels were singing and dancing. I was totally different. I knew I was in heaven, no joking but shortly I heard a voice saying it is not yet time. Take this part.

I returned to the world shortly after. Then I knew God truly exists. Assuming I didn't make it back to life then I would have successfully made it to heaven. As the forgiveness, I asked for before passing out made me mingle with the angels.

There is indeed life after death.

The hand took thousands of naira from me and my family even after the whole stuff. Months later the hand resurfaced, we did everything possible and spent thousands. From 2012 till 2018 it was from hospital to hospital.

I later did the final surgery in 2019. They had to reopen all the affected place and removed stitched and other foreign bodies and cut some meat also and since then I am ok.
Bro is this real?... I believe in Jesus Christ �
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by naxclimpsey(m): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
Europeanian:

Bro is this real?... I believe in Jesus Christ �
This is a faceless forum if na lie I dey lie it won't help me now. I shared a true-life story for real
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
naxclimpsey:

This is a faceless forum if na lie I dey lie it won't help me now. I shared a true-life story for real

Okay bro, how was the heaven like. Can you please relax and explain everything to me chronologically
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by naxclimpsey(m): 5:47am On Dec 04, 2020
Europeanian:

Okay bro, how was the heaven like. Can you please relax and explain everything to me chronologically

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 04, 2020
naxclimpsey:

shocked shocked shocked
Abeg explain, no vex
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by naxclimpsey(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
Europeanian:

Abeg explain, no vex

That one go hard small. I hardly have time these days

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

See What Phcn Can Turn Someone To (pix) / Man Gets N400,000 At Abia Hotels Due To His Selfless Service (Photos) / OMG! Big Snake Killed In Ago Palace Canal In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.