Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? (45107 Views)

My Near Death Experience / Experienced A Near Death Experience? Relate How You Felt During That Moment / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by tasceige(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2020
Yes!!!
Delta Uyo journey with some bikers, took a millisecond nap while riding at zero gravity speed can't remember the km/h.. embarassed
I saw Jesus!!
I came back on track, packed the bike and was starring at it for God knows how mnay minutes.

Wasn't a funny one.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mamakimy97: 3:54pm On May 09, 2020
Mine was in my village we went for sight seeing in a hill..i tripped almost falling of d cliff den a little leaf sprang up from now where I grabbed it nd it flew me right ahead of ppo far in front of me....see ehn...There is God...anoda is a rape attempt will never forget d police officer name.."Festus Osayande"...he stripped naked all of a sudden a wood hit his leg nd I ran off...I cry each day i remember dis Cos I was just age 12...other testimonies...dey re much...my guardian angel is always with me

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by xavuv: 3:55pm On May 09, 2020
This is not NDE.

What u told is just an accident grin

Mariangeles:
What has been a near death experience to you?

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.

When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin

I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear. The other kid was laughing, while I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed

While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.

I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.

As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by SavageBoy: 3:56pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Yes. In 2006.

I had a severe headache and went into a trance. I can't remember for how long I blacked out, but the feeling of the after-life "was" peaceful. Everything on the other side seemed amplified, from the colours of the flowers, to the waters that flowed through. Saw a multitude of people going here and there, for what exactly? I couldn't and cannot still tell. These humans were different, more like demi-gods. They had great speed and were minding their damn business, and there I was staring with a forlorn look with shivers running down my spine. I looked different. My entire body was white, with a transparent look. I couldn't even feel my body. I felt so light. I had never seen anything strange in my existence. The ethereal body is amazing.

Of a truth, I didn't want to leave, the tranquility was incomparable. I felt something strong-like a rope-pull draw me back into consciousness. I jolted back, and all I saw were loved ones looking teary-eyed expecting my come-back. It was emotional. Leave religion, focus on elevating your spiritual man. You'll do exploits, get wisdom and be more discerning.

If I ever have to be given a chance to relive that moment, I'll give up anything and everything I have to experience it. Nostalgic, ye. smiley

Did you enjoy my story? Well I did, too but it NEVER happened.

Thanks for the rapt attention. wink

You are something else grin

Anyway,I love your style of writing

You really got it with the pen

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Etiyeokwe: 3:57pm On May 09, 2020
Yes. July 5th, 2019. I entered okada and within few minutes, we had an accident. Till today, I couldn't understand why the Aboki who drove the okada applied break at the middle of the road, even when there was no obstruction or threat from other road users. I found myself rolling on the tarred road. About three other motorcyclists rammed into us. How I managed to dive into a nearby bush was a miracle.
Next was to jump on my feet. I tried to scrutinize myself. My trousers were torn. My long sleeve shirt was torn in the left hand side. The more I scrutinized myself the more I discovered more bruises: my knee, hand, ankle, etc. I managed to go home. When I got to the house, I removed my shirt and trousers and laid on the sofa. All I wanted was to sleep so I could rest well, but then something told me to go to a pharmacist for first aid. I got up, dressed up and went to one of my guys who is a pharmacist. The pain was becoming much on the way.
I narrated the incident to him when I got there. He applied some chemicals on the bruises and also packaged some drugs for me. After this, we engaged in a conversation. Soon, I began to feel dizzy. I began to feel serious pain all over my body. I lost interest in the conversation.

The next thing I remembered was when someone jacked me up with his two hands, shouting uncle uncle while shaking me vigorously. I opened my eyes and I found out that I was on the floor. Heat all over my body. He later told me how I collapsed and fell down from a desk. He made arrangements and took me to a hospital.
What I saw in the other side.
I discovered that there are lots of people in the other side. They seem to be more than those who are here. Everyone was very busy. They minded their own business. Everyone moved with a speed.

July 5th, 2019; a day I tasted death.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 09, 2020
trippleKAY:
16 November 2016... My gas exploded. At 11:45pm .
Even though I was burnt, God saved my life that night. It could have been worse but I saw God in display that I can't even explain. since then I promised to serve him in spirit and truth cry
what happened how did it exploded? Please explain so others can learn.

Thank God for your life

Glory be to God Almighty
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by joe4christ(m): 3:59pm On May 09, 2020
LordKO:
I have had experiences which are not just near death, but also manifestation of divine grace/miracles - my irreligious disposition notwithstanding. 

One of the experiences is that one early Sunday morning, some years ago, I entered a utility room with a guarded window without my phone, while inside it I decided to find out the reason why the entrance door was often hard to unlock. So, I locked it while inside, unfortunately it knocked and all my efforts to unlock it proved abortive for more than 24 hours. I did everything possible to either use bare hands to open the door or unlock it with the keys to no avail. Worse still, it happened in a detached house in a gated compound and I was living alone; normally I do not entertain visitors without an invitation and I did not have a phone with me to call anyone to come to the house to break the doors and rescue me. I was hungry too, because I was so busy a night before it that I didn't eat before going to bed and I didn't take a breakfast before entering there.

I had resigned to fate, sobbing in tears when an ineffable thought came into me to try one more time to hold the doorknob and open it - the same thing I did several times without positive result - I did and the door opened with no extra force and tactics. But for the divine intervention, I could have stayed there for more than a month without anyone knowing my whereabouts, since it happened in a foreign land.

However, this isn't the main divine experience which changed a whole lot of things in me - the divine experience wasn't a near death one. Everyone has a divine authority guarding and guiding him/her, you'll know this if you're in tune with your subconscious.

So, are u religious now. Or you're only opened to spirituality

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Pandev(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2020
ariefadenco:
Chai, mine was when a devilish friend gave me COLORADO to smoke. I was in a different world entirely thinking most likely to be land of the dead. Me that was a good boy was just empathising with my parents that had spent so much money in sending me to school.
It wasnt a nice experience.
bros please tell us in details what the feeling was like. What were you seeing? grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UNRULY(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2020
veave:
Yes
From almost being kidnapped with my younger brother on our way to school (same man was caught in the act trying to kidnap a child some years later) can never forget his face.

To having an almost ruptured appendix. My saving grace was that pus covered the spot.

To being a victim of Fulani highway robbery attack.

To a ghastly accident at Kabba junction (came out scratch free)

Plus other ones I can't mention. See, I stay far away from people who say there is no God. I've experienced things for this my young age wey be say i go come out speechless anytime I remember I still get shivers.

God I thank you for my life. It's a privilege to still be here.
but don't you think he (God) is trying to kill you? angry
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by phemiee1810(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2020
Yes I have, it all 3weeks ago when I woke at 5am for my morning exercise and I had this banging headache I had to pour cold water on my head used Panadol and just went back to sleep. The headache persisted throughout day and the next day.
I had this pain in my eye socket I had to go to a nearby laboratory to run a widal test only to discover than I had a Lil trace of typhoid in my system and my white blood cells was below minimum I had to start treating myself at home got ciprotab ibuprofen some immune strengthening drugs et all. I didn’t get better after 3days instead it became worse I had to go to the hospital to be placed on treatment I took a lot of drip injections and changed my drugs I still did not get better at all I became very pale weak and frail looking.
The doctor had to make me run another test for hepatitis, liver test, HIV, and all cos my urine was coming in a very dark color it was discovered that I took in some things that was already affecting my liver course of treatment was changed drugs were bought I was placed on a different drip I was in severe pain I sent a message to a very trusted friend making him swear an oath to do just as he promised I then instructed him on how to share my money if I eventually died gave his my bank details told him to sell my current phone which is an IPhone X add the all the money together and have him a sharing formulae I resigned fate and began to reconcile my ways with God I mentally priced a casket even choose the particular color I’d want and the location I wanted to be buried.
Thank God I got better few days after the treatment was changed to the right one been on injections since then and on meds was asked not to eat anything that has oil in it for now

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Presh2: 4:01pm On May 09, 2020
Mine was when I was a little boy, then we do go to the river to fetch water, swim, wash clothes etc. One day i went to wash clothes in the river, thanks to God that it was on a Saturday, there were many people washing clothes that day( normally week days you will see few or no body in the river. Fast forward......
After washing clothes, I decided to swim, and while swimming I had to swim to an area without knowing that it was very dip, suddenly I lost control and the river carried me, I tried all I could but no way, I tried waving my hands to call for help because I couldn't shout, I started sinking inside the river, I couldn't breath.... Then people started shouting but no one could dive into the river to rescue me... But God who has been my Saviour sent one guy, the guy summoned courage and dived into the river and I was rescued.... When I was rescued my stomach was big because I have drank a lot of water from the river, they started pressing my stomach and I vomited a lot of water.
When I regained consciousness I packed my clothes and went home immediately. And during all my stay in that village I never tried to swim in that river again.
This made me to know that God has my master plan.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by eedimo(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2020
Crossing the river that separates Ebonyi from Cross River by a boat with my only sis at the middle of night.
This is something I really don't like to talk about.
It restored my believe that only God can Save.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by ostarlink: 4:01pm On May 09, 2020
It all happened sometimes 1998. Then i was in primary school. I went with a friend to go and pluck cashew nut. I climbed to the highest part of it about 30 to 40 m away from the ground. I remembered stretching my hand to pluck a particular one at the zenith of a branch. I didn't know that some insects had eaten the branch only leaving a small portion of it just enough to make someone of my size to break. It only took a couple of seconds and i knew I might have embarked on a journey of no return. I, accompanied by the branch of the cashew nut, landed on the ground and lost consciousness of the world immediately. Everywhere became dark and for seconds I couldn't breathe. It took sometimes before I breathed forcefully and came back to life. It was then I discovered that the young boy I came to pluck cashew nuts with had run out of fear leaving me lying helplessly on the ground. The owner of the cashew tree had come to reprimand me but sighting that there was danger remained quiet. He might have concluded that "kama ukwa ga-adagbu onye ori ukwa ya buru ukwa ma ya abukwala na ukwa dagburu ya". I simply got up and abandoned everything and went home. Thank God I am still a life today cos I was afraid that I made up my mind that I won't tell anyone what happened.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by oshorstan(f): 4:02pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:
What has been a near death experience to you?

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.

When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin

I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear. The other kid was laughing, while I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed

While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.

I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.

As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad

The First I had was caused by a heartbreak...
the second was when My department caught fire
third was when I lost something so precious
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by deltateam: 4:03pm On May 09, 2020
Jacqueline22:
I swallowed a fish hook and it was stuck very deep inside my throat while eating cat fish, making it difficult for me to shout,cough. I can’t remember how I got to the hospital. My saving grace was that there was still string attached to the hook, so the doctor had to remove the hook by using the string. Gosh that experience was very terrifying.

Secondly was going through my man phone.one mind be dey tell me mk I no open the phone I no hear. The following morning Na hospital bed I for wake up.

You guy beat you?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by leisuretym: 4:04pm On May 09, 2020
July 2008 I got my first car from Cotonou, it was a bad idea to travel 14hrs journey with it as a learner but I never knew until I ran off the road on high speed trying to avoid a reckless driver , on my right was a big valley , and on my left was a bush burning , it was a mountainous terrain , I ran through the fire , i didnt know where I was through out and when the car eventually came to a stand still, i was in the middle of nowhere in the bush and the Sony XPlod was still busy blasting D'banj Tongolo , travelers and police parked their vehicles and searching for me already .

the music helped in finding me in the bush.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Macktaob(m): 4:05pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why hate someone you don't know?
You need sarcasm/humour in your life.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Jacqueline22(f): 4:06pm On May 09, 2020
deltateam:

You guy beat you?
lol Watin I see for the phone ennn
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:06pm On May 09, 2020
Macktaob:

You need sarcasm/humour in your life.

Forgive me. I perceive things differently. wink

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by emerged01(m): 4:06pm On May 09, 2020
sisisioge:

grin grin grin...just thought you couldn't have been 2 yrs and have so much memory and coordinates. You woukd have to be at least first to understand what reply happened and remember so well too grin.

As for me, I can barely remember vivid derails of my childhood. Except for the things I loved to wear, eat and my fussiness about hairstyles grin
There is no way he won’t remember that kind of experience.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by IamPlato(m): 4:07pm On May 09, 2020
Nairaland admins Please Remove That Girl UyaiIncomparabl From This Site, she Too Like Play.

You Think we Are Looking For Hollywood Script Writer Abi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by papermill: 4:07pm On May 09, 2020
my near death experience was a huge testimony. Just like other normal days, after dinner i went to bed thereafter i started having headache hmm.. my mind was like, it could be a routine stress although my Job was tedious. i tried to sleep hoping it will go off in the morning. not quite an hour i fell asleep and low and behold, my soul left my body within a second.. i saw my boy laying down and my feet crossed and then i saw my wife with my new born child also asleep..immediately i got scared and it was clear to me that i was dead..immediately i had such thought ,i lost control of my soul and seem as if i was in a tunnel moving faster than a speed of light, i tried to stop no way i was very scared and i couldn't look back even though i wanted to but it was beyond my control...then i started crying and was extremely terrified..hmmm whilst moving like a speed of light in a fitted tunnel i sighted a bright light beyond my explanation/imagination with colors never seen before. everything was so fast, all of a sudden i stopped at the middle and i heard a voice said go back .i regain consciousness and open my eyes ..low and behold it was 11am in the morning and crowd was in my house crying...i began to sweat and was scared.. things i wont forget was the light and the voice ... it was so peaceful that i would like to hear that voice again....

23 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by proff010: 4:08pm On May 09, 2020
I think am familiar with this incident, does it happened in ikosi ketu.
wizod:
Thrice but let me share dis one.

On Saturday being 7th December last year, i was returning from an event and boarded a keke. Two children were crossing d road without looking if there is an oncoming vehicle. Our driver was trying to dodge them though he hit them and our keke sumersaulted and dragged us on the tarred road. God was with us dat no vehicle was coming, else we would've been crushed. We had some bruises though i experienced the greatest pain ever in my life.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:08pm On May 09, 2020
IamPlato:
Nairaland admins Please Remove That Girl UyaiIncomparabl From This Site, she Too Like Play.

You Think we Are Looking For Hollywood Script Writer Abi undecided

You really can't do without me, can you? smiley
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Robnectar(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2020
emusmithyy:
This thread for come during the evening because e go long well....

THESE ARE ALL NOT NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES. Nigerians think because it's called NEAR-DEATH so it means experiences that you NEARLY DIED grin grin

Definition of near-death experience

: an occurrence in which a person comes very close to dying and has memories of a spiritual experience (such as meeting dead friends and family members or seeing a white light) during the time when death was near.

What you all typing are ACCIDENTS you had. Did you see white light OR a tunnel? If No, that's not NEAR DEATH. NDE, they actually die and wake. They see things in the spirit realm and come to tell stories.

This link is closer to NDE

https://www.nairaland.com/5799114/experienced-near-death-experience-relate

You, keke napep almost hit you and you call that NDE. My people!

pls school them abeg cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by IamPlato(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2020
Honestly I Have Seen Things and I Believe There Is Something About Me that I Dont Understand

If I Share My Experiences You Will Think I Am lying.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Macktaob(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2020
uuzba:

Ok, what about this.
I was alone in a room, listening to some nice classical music. It was a Sunday, after church. I lay on the carpet to enjoy my Sunday afternoon sleep. I lay on my front. The radio was still playing the music and I was just listening with one ear.
After a while, I can't tell how long, I became awake. But the sound of the radio was as if they blocked my ear. It was muffled. I couldn't hear it sharply. But I was sha still hearing something. I was confused.
I raised up my right arm from the ground. It was very light. Also, it was looking whitish and transparent like tracing paper. Haba!? Kilode? I've not seen this one before O. My eyes were not very clear. I knew I was in the room but I couldn't see anything sharply. I started shaking my hand very well in front of my face. It was just light and free. I was also feeling some how light. I didn't want to stand up. I didn't even know how to stand up. After about 1 or 2 minutes, i felt a great big weight press on my "back"? Or in my body? As if someone carried 50kg sack of rice and gently placed it on my back then slowly released it. So I felt the weight gradually increasingly, till BAM!!! full weight!
BAM!!!!! shocked. I opened my eyes AGAIN.
Ah! If I'm just opening my eyes now, what did I open before?
And everything became usual normal sound and light and hearing and weight.
Took a while to realise the 50kg rice weight was the weight of MY OWN BODY. I had separated from my body for a short period.
Sleep paralysis...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by maximizer61(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2020
fall from 2 storey building, was unconscious till i saw my self in the hospital, i couldn't tell what happened to me is after some hours in the hospital i remembered what happened...i thanked God,didn't break my legs, hands,spinal cord just a little wound on my face.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by otabuko(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2020
HarunaWest:
February 24, 2018 was the day I will never forget . Happened in oshogbo around 6:45a.m. Was journeying back to Kogi with my colleagues, then all of a sudden the driver started screaming Jesus, Jesus, I knee instantly that shit has hit the fan. The front tire(right) bursted and all of a sudden our car started somersaulting like Olympic champion. It's turned thrice and landed on its head. Thankfully I was strapped on a seat belt. I wasn't hurt, not even a scratch.
I had this exact accident along Ondo road from Ore divert. God saves!
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by generalpipe47: 4:12pm On May 09, 2020
All cultist have near death experiences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Do Some Ladies Hype Themselves Like This ? / What's The Name Of This Insect / See What Phcn Can Turn Someone To (pix)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.