Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? (45097 Views)

My Near Death Experience / Experienced A Near Death Experience? Relate How You Felt During That Moment / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by membranus: 5:00pm On May 09, 2020
emusmithyy:

But sharing ignorance is WORSE than sharing a lie or farce.

Atleast nobody will know if it's a lie because the meaning was well-communicated. They understand it when it's been discussed somewhere else.

All these are just..ignorant stuff. Maybe the Op should tag it OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCE.

What's your own problem about all these accidental experiences? We are enjoying it, we are learning new things.

If you want NDE go and read Psychology textbooks or religious testimonies, dem full there berekete.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:01pm On May 09, 2020
lennsmart:
you see what i WAS SAYING

grin grin

no vex, bro.

since then, I never tried going more beyond my capacity.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by kaylawlah(m): 5:01pm On May 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I've had an out of body experience, I felt myself leave my body and was going down, like falling, it was so scary I thought I was dying.

Hey, do you still have it? This occurs to me frequently and no one understands it when I lament about it.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Jellia(m): 5:03pm On May 09, 2020
Kaamisha:
I thought a near-death-experience was the experience where you lose consciousness and typically an out-of-body experience. I haven't had any neither do I wish to have one.

YOU ARE RIGHT!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 09, 2020
kaima1984:
Visited a friend during my uni days,met them eating (my friend and her boyfriend)my portion was served,I enjoyed my meal and after some minutes,my head started banging,I sheepishly picked my phone and rang my mother,i remember telling her am dead already,woke up in the clinic a day after only to discover that my friend and the boyfriend cooked the food with SPECIAL SPICE ''WEED''i stopped eating at people's houses till date.
o ja. u go stand up and waka dey go, it's antidote.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by izzou(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
Ishilove:
Does getting dragged in a keke in the middle of the highway count? You hear someone screaming and screaming in the voice of one almost gone mad with horror and terror, and a detached part of your consciousness coolly wonders "who is that person screaming like a lunatic??!" When the keke finally comes a halt after what seems like hours of tumbling, you crawl out the wreckage shaken, nose bleeding and with the shocking realisation that the crazed screams emanated from your own throat.

Does that count?

Your okada men experience nko?

That one count? grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by DriggityDre: 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
Ishilove:

Does that count?
Noooo. Lol.
At least you still dey here cool
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Yes. In 2006.

I had a severe headache and went into a trance. I can't remember for how long I blacked out, but the feeling of the after-life "was" peaceful. Everything on the other side seemed amplified, from the colours of the flowers, to the waters that flowed through. Saw a multitude of people going here and there, for what exactly? I couldn't and cannot still tell. These humans were different, more like demi-gods. They had great speed and were minding their damn business, and there I was staring with a forlorn look with shivers running down my spine. I looked different. My entire body was white, with a transparent look. I couldn't even feel my body. I felt so light. I had never seen anything strange in my existence. The ethereal body is amazing.

Of a truth, I didn't want to leave, the tranquility was incomparable. I felt something strong-like a rope-pull draw me back into consciousness. I jolted back, and all I saw were loved ones looking teary-eyed expecting my come-back. It was emotional. Leave religion, focus on elevating your spiritual man. You'll do exploits, get wisdom and be more discerning.

If I ever have to be given a chance to relive that moment, I'll give up anything and everything I have to experience it. Nostalgic, ye. smiley

Did you enjoy my story? Well I did, too but it NEVER happened.

Thanks for the rapt attention. wink
hahaha I know whom I loved. Please write for me. I want to use for Kindle.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Bahamas95(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
I have experienced it three times.

1. Break failure while I was in a truck.

2. Almost bitten by a cobra.

3. Wicked typhoid fever.

The third was the scariest because I almost joined my ancestors. It all started like a child's play but before I knew what was happening I was in the hospital. My mum and I were in the doctor's office and after examining me for few minutes he asked me to follow a nurse outside and wait for a while because he wanna discuss something important with my mum.
Jesus! my spirit left me immediately. Wetin doctor wan discuss with my mum? I asked myself.....My mum came outa the office and she was kinda moody, the next thing she said was that we are going to the lab to run a blood test. What kinda test I asked but she just looked at me and turned her face away. Na dat day I know say my village people don siddon on top my mata. No need to ask the kind test again cos my mind don tell me say na HIV but she nor fit tell me dat kinda thing. I was given the test result well packaged in an envelope but fear nor make me open am to see the outcome till the next day wey doctor say make we come back. I remember say I get bible dat day, I put the envelope in the middle of my Bible praying for God's intervention. I called my siblings that night and started advising them to abstain from premarital/unprotected sex. They were shocked and told me am making them scared, that am talking as if I wanna die. We got to the doctor's office that morning and gave him the result, he opened and was going through it. I can't just explain what was running through my mind, he smiled and said. "I just wanna confirm this before I commence treatment, congrats you are negative" I jumped from my seat and started rolling on the floor like a baby, celebrating as if I won a lottery. The doctor was just laughing, I nor blame am he nor fit understand my joy. Assuming he tell me say I dey positive I for die for dat office.

That sickness make me humble by force, I come dey bed dey count babes wey I don straff dat year. Thank God I was able to cheat death, village people nor succeed. Baba God thank you!

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
chukel:
this is not a near death or near miss.

For a child, it was.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by sharpwriter(m): 5:06pm On May 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I've had an out of body experience, I felt myself leave my body and was going down, like falling, it was so scary I thought I was dying.

Abeg, finish your story, after the feeling, what happened next? You just opened eyes or what?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Mariangeles(f): 5:07pm On May 09, 2020
xavuv:
This is not NDE.

What u told is just an accident grin

Well, accident kills right? grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Ikennamurphy: 5:09pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Yes. In 2006.

I had a severe headache and went into a trance. I can't remember for how long I blacked out, but the feeling of the after-life "was" peaceful. Everything on the other side seemed amplified, from the colours of the flowers, to the waters that flowed through. Saw a multitude of people going here and there, for what exactly? I couldn't and cannot still tell. These humans were different, more like demi-gods. They had great speed and were minding their damn business, and there I was staring with a forlorn look with shivers running down my spine. I looked different. My entire body was white, with a transparent look. I couldn't even feel my body. I felt so light. I had never seen anything strange in my existence. The ethereal body is amazing.

Of a truth, I didn't want to leave, the tranquility was incomparable. I felt something strong-like a rope-pull draw me back into consciousness. I jolted back, and all I saw were loved ones looking teary-eyed expecting my come-back. It was emotional. Leave religion, focus on elevating your spiritual man. You'll do exploits, get wisdom and be more discerning.

If I ever have to be given a chance to relive that moment, I'll give up anything and everything I have to experience it. Nostalgic, ye. smiley

Did you enjoy my story? Well I did, too but it NEVER happened.

Thanks for the rapt attention. wink
I knew it never happened before completing the reading BC it sounded great like a novel, and the English too good for an average nairalander to write
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by astute28: 5:10pm On May 09, 2020
it some years back when doctor perform a nose surgery for me the surgery was succesful but when is normal time for me to be conscious i didnt wake up for good seven hours but my heart is beating all the doctors begin to run helter skelter but at last GOD bring me back

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by mekuso89(m): 5:10pm On May 09, 2020
Ran for about ten minutes and fainted
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:10pm On May 09, 2020
alakhumeorobo:
I must have shared this before,mine was in 200level I haven't eaten for two days . I lived off campus in ekpoma then EDSU. I decided to lay down on my bed and then I saw another me coming out from me I knew this was my spirit man . The guy was going towards the door of my room about to exit .i quickly jumped up block my spirit man by the door and it entered back to me. Omoh I ran out from my room to beg for food o. It was really close to death �

E be wan go help you do the job na! grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Kharol1234: 5:11pm On May 09, 2020
To nearly biten by a black mamba and my younger sister saved me by shouting my name... And taken d wrong prescription of a drug given to me I felt my intestine rupturing couldn't sleep at nyt when I woke up the following morning I was sitting on our dinning and was holding the drugs pack and saw Wer the doctor wrote 1 in the morning and 1 at nyt.... I took 2 in the morning and 2 at nyt thank God for life

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Ishilove: 5:12pm On May 09, 2020
izzou:

Your okada men experience nko?

That one count? grin
That one no count. Dem dey craze, nasty disease carrying rodents.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by DorianD(m): 5:12pm On May 09, 2020
I survived a car accident on my way to Funtua sometime in 2007,6 persons died right in front of me.Remaining survivors were referred at the emergency word of the general hospital to the teaching hospital at Shika...It was a gory scene, we had a head-on-collision after our car (Peugeot station wagon) swerved into the opposing Lane in a bid to dodge porthole and driver was gisting with a passenger behind.I was first to raise alarm but while returning back to our lane, the opposing vehicle did likewise.The man Gisting with the driver that caused the accident didn't survive He had lots of money on him, his wife claimed he was a trader and on one of his regular trips.Also,the man sleeping in front of me died in his sleep.He was gisting with the driver moments before the crash about an old accident scene we passed.I recalled him saying "Allah kiya"(God forbid) .his skull was terribly gashed and spilled all over me...The Lady beside me kept puffing out blood, doubt if she made it.There was another really young dude on black Jean who passed right on.

Amazingly I escaped with a broken rib and was discharged in 3 days.I ts still mysterious how I came out unscathed.We stopped at scene while returning back to Kaduna after being discharged, I left one foot of the new palm I bought in the car, I was tempted to go for it (lol). Another passenger had disembarked about twenty minutes before the crash He was the luckiest of us all, but seeing how scorched the car was,I keep asking God how did dat happen.Till this date, I never take the front sit in any car, inspite my long legs as non in front sit survived.This phobia might live with me forever.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by sharpwriter(m): 5:13pm On May 09, 2020
Jossyfine:
Twas in 2017, i was electrocuted when having my bath was even 5 months pregnant. Thank God my youngest brother was staying with me then. He heard my shout ran and removed the fuse from the box.Then I dropped on the floor cos I was hanging on the mid air. Meeeen, it was a very scary experience cos I saw myself fazing outta this world.
I just keep thanking God

shocked shocked Chai .... thank God for you o .... what made you got electrocuted in the bathroom? What did you hold or touch? shocked
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Ishilove: 5:13pm On May 09, 2020
DriggityDre:

Noooo. Lol.
At least you still dey here cool
And thank God for that. The outcome could have been very different but God is watching me
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by izzou(m): 5:14pm On May 09, 2020
Ishilove:

That one no count. Dem dey craze, nasty disease carrying rodents.

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by etibaba(m): 5:14pm On May 09, 2020
danugochukwu96:
The closest death scare I recall happened back then in Uni. I stayed offcampus, specifically 19th street Bdpa, Ugbowo axis and on that fateful day I just returned back to Benin from Lagos in preparation for my induction. Had substantial cash on me & coincidently armed robbers visited that very night - the idiots tried using the gateman's little daughter to try to lure us to open the central protective gate under the guise of coming out to switch on the water pumping machine, long story cut short, they realized we somehow had suspected foul play, so they fired live bullets through the walls - I was shivering like a baby that night, hid myself in the toilet, can't delete the image from my head. My pulse rate must have been at 150beats per minute
What year did this happen? I stayed at 19th street too.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by mekuso89(m): 5:15pm On May 09, 2020
Bahamas95:
I have experienced it three times.

1. Break failure while I was in a truck.

2. Almost bitten by a cobra.

3. Wicked typhoid fever.

The third was the scariest because I almost joined my ancestors. It all started like a child's play but before I knew what was happening I was in the hospital. My mum and I were in the doctor's office and after examining me for few minutes he asked me to follow a nurse outside and wait for a while because he wanna discuss something important with my mum.
Jesus! my spirit left me immediately. Wetin doctor wan discuss with my mum? I asked myself.....My mum came outa the office and she was kinda moody, the next thing she said was that we are going to the lab to run a blood test. What kinda text I asked but she just looked at me and turned her face away. Na dat day I know say my village people don siddon on top my mata. No need to ask the kind test again cos my mind don tell me say na HIV but she nor fit tell me dat kinda thing. I was given the test result well packaged in an envelope but fear nor make me open am to see the outcome till the next day wey doctor say make we come back. I remember say I get bible dat day, I put the envelope in the middle of my Bible praying for God's intervention. I called my siblings that night and started advising them to abstain from premarital/unprotected sex. They were shocked and told me am making them scared, that am talking as if I wanna die. We got to the doctor's office that morning and gave him the result, he opened and was going through it. I can't just explain what was running through my mind, he smiled and said. "I just wanna confirm this before I commence treatment, congrats you are negative" I jumped from my seat and started rolling on the floor like a baby, celebrating as if I won a lottery. The doctor was just laughing, I nor blame am he nor fit understand my joy. Assuming he tell me say I dey positive I for die for dat office.

That sickness make me humble by force, I come dey bed dey count babes wey I don straff dat year. Thank God I was able to cheat death, village people nor succeed. Baba God thank you!

guy you funny die grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Blackicegold(m): 5:16pm On May 09, 2020
tomju:
Have you ever missed death? I have!
In was in 2002, I was working offshore Eket Akwa Ibom state about that time. I left to onshore on an errand for the company. To get some PPE ordered for the crew from land.
I spent the night onshore and next day I went to do the assignment. I completed and was set to return to work. Meanwhile, I was instructed to buy Guardian Newspaper, The Sun and Punch for the supervisor.
I was at the park in Eket, boarded a taxi. I sat in front, when I remembered that I did not buy the 3 newspapers. I called a vendor. He had only The Sun. I purchased it, dropped it on my already paid front seat, and begged to driver to protect the seat as the taxi was still loading.
I ran to where other vendors were. I got the 2 remaining newspapers and walked back. It took say 4 mins or less. As I was approaching the loading taxi, a young man entered and sat in front. I came and was like, please sir that is my seat. He said how can? I did not see anyone here! The driver said, oga, I told you someone was there! He argued that never! he saw only a newspaper on this seat and he picked it and sat there. We argued for a while and it seems he will not get up. The usual me, I wanted to fight him, surprisingly I did not but instead became numb and cold sort of.
I tried one more time, sir, you are sitting on my seat please stand up. He said, listen, "over my dead body would I stand up for you". That was it.
I expected the driver to say something like okay, if you dont step out I will not go. He didnt. He kept quiet. In anger, I sat at the back.
I was so angry with everything that I didnt know what to do. As I reluctanly sat at the back, each time my eyes sees the back of his head I felt so cheated. So I said. driver, please I will not go again with you, return my money! Driver said wait e remain 2 persons.
Meanwhile 5 persons arrived. 2 entered this taxi the other 3 plus my self making 4 entered the next turn. I sat in front in the next taxi forgetting my SUN Newspaper!
The driver said lets go I will be collecting the money as we are going.
The first taxi drove off, 4 mins later we left. Its a journey of 35 to 40 mins. We stopped at a filling station, lo and behold the taxi that I refused to enter was there. An argument ensued. One woman was going to Ukpenekang, in Ibeno, while the driver carried QIT Ibeno direct. So they wanted someone who is going to QIT direct to replace the woman. That was me. I was going to QIT Direct and running late. This other 3 persons are going to Ukpenekang. It would have made sense if we switched places, and the woman joins here. I refused. I said I had agreed to follow the longer route of Ukpenekang first before QIT, just so I dont see that man that took my seat.
All entreaties to make me switch back to my original taxi failed. So they drove off. We followed. We will drive for 25 mins before we tee off from them. Precisely 20 mins into the journey a trailer carrying timber swerved to avoid a pothlole and ran directly into the taxi 400 metres ahead of us! It smashed the entire front part of the taxi into pieces! Before it ran into the bush. The trailer driver was unconscious. The two motor boys jumped off. One siustained a serious injuryy, One died. It was graphic. We slowed down and parked behind them , just under 10 seconds a massive crowd had gathered trying to rescue the survivors and the injured. That driver dead on the spot. The man sitting in front dead on the spot! He lost his 2 legs. The only thing that made us recognise him was 1, He was in front. 2. The sun newspaper I forgot in anger-it was soaked in blood. on his laps. Gosh, I always get emotional remembering this incident. The woman behind survived with minor scratches. Her son who was with her behind was unconscious-was later revived. In total 3 persons were dead on the spot.
That was the day I dropped the phrase. "Over my dead body"! Did the man leave that sit? Yes he did leave but it was over his dead body! He said it....and it came to pass. Sometimes, I wouldn't really now why God saved me but I feel there is a purpose. What would have happened if the man stood up and gave me that sit? Maybe nothing!. Why because we wasted so much time dragging who owns the seat. We may have passed that bad spot before the trailer got there! Delay is good at times. Evil will just pass over you. Meanwhile information reached my office that the taxi i boarded had a fatal accident. Everyone was thrown into panic mood.Why did he go offshore when he was still on duty offshore. Long story short, I called that i was alive and got in offshore last chopper 5.30pm that evening. Sfter helping to evacuate the dead and injured to the hospital.

We thank God for the gift of life sir

I need your assistance sir. And it isn’t monetary
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:16pm On May 09, 2020
mine is one sunny afternoon, as a kid, one of my aunty came to visit us, we were all in the sitting room watching movie.. "Nollywood End of the wicked" that year..

and then I fell asleep, all I could remember is, I managed to open my eyes when mum carried me and was crying... and I could hear people shout, brother your son Don wake up, him never die..
(they had given up on me)
mum was away, I was told when she heard the news, she ran bare foot from were she was to the house, shouting and crying..

I latter heard from my sister that it was when the aunty wanted to go that they were waking me up to see her off.. they told me I was kicked, poured water on, slapped, and I never woke. before they raised alarm.

oh dear.. REST IN PEACE mum..

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:19pm On May 09, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

I knew it never happened before completing the reading BC it sounded great like a novel, and the English too good for an average nairalander to write

What do you mean?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Kestolove(m): 5:19pm On May 09, 2020
Lamb101:
You said you are a virgin. You can lie
yes I am a virgin, Cox he force it, it dint enter ND blood dint flowout
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by cyborg123(m): 5:20pm On May 09, 2020
stanisbaratheon:
I once used a long rod to pluck some mangoes in our compound and totally unaware of live low tension electricity cables around.

Long story short, that rod touched some of the cables with a loud spark and bright lights but I wasn't shocked. I still cannot explain that experience till this very day.
The rod bridged the L and N wires together at the same time. This allowed potentially fatal electric current to safely flow to the power source directly instead of through your body to the ground. You were very lucky.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:20pm On May 09, 2020
Goalnaldo:
hahaha I know whom I loved. Please write for me. I want to use for Kindle.

Whenever you're ready.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 09, 2020
It's a terrible experience in year 2010 when I drown inside swimming pool at one popular hotel in ibadan, it's a story I can't finish but God sent me back to life cos people has already gave up as I was told that am all white and my stomach is full of water, I used over 2 hours, dead in swimming pool.....to God be all the glory

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

What's The Name Of This Insect / Why Do Some Ladies Hype Themselves Like This ? / See What Phcn Can Turn Someone To (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.