Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? (45118 Views)

My Near Death Experience / Experienced A Near Death Experience? Relate How You Felt During That Moment / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Jidebabs88(m): 4:37pm On May 09, 2020
I was 9yrs old then and my father had taken myself & my elder brother to this National Stadium, Surulere to watch the semi-final of the then Coca-Cola youth cup. At halftime my brother & I decided to go to the upper part of the stadium seats, by the time I turned to look at how far we had climbed I just lost it. I just saw myself rolling down the stadium seats uncontrollably and the next thing I knew was I was at home with everyone surrounding me. My father said I rolled in such a way that no one could catch me and I nearly hit my head against the iron barrier used to separate spectators from the field. That day I would have died but God saved me through a man (according to report) who stretched so we'll to keep my from hitting the rail. Praise God!

PS: At night I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't recognize who I saw. Amazingly, there was no spill of blood! Chai! God is faithful!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by codedlinks: 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
Wrong definition of near death experience...
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by evy800(f): 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Yes. In 2006.

I had a severe headache and went into a trance. I can't remember for how long I blacked out, but the feeling of the after-life "was" peaceful. Everything on the other side seemed amplified, from the colours of the flowers, to the waters that flowed through. Saw a multitude of people going here and there, for what exactly? I couldn't and cannot still tell. These humans were different, more like demi-gods. They had great speed and were minding their damn business, and there I was staring with a forlorn look with shivers running down my spine. I looked different. My entire body was white, with a transparent look. I couldn't even feel my body. I felt so light. I had never seen anything strange in my existence. The ethereal body is amazing.

Of a truth, I didn't want to leave, the tranquility was incomparable. I felt something strong-like a rope-pull draw me back into consciousness. I jolted back, and all I saw were loved ones looking teary-eyed expecting my come-back. It was emotional. Leave religion, focus on elevating your spiritual man. You'll do exploits, get wisdom and be more discerning.

If I ever have to be given a chance to relive that moment, I'll give up anything and everything I have to experience it. Nostalgic, ye. smiley

Did you enjoy my story? Well I did, too but it NEVER happened.

Thanks for the rapt attention. wink

Mad man grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by kaima1984(f): 4:38pm On May 09, 2020
Visited a friend during my uni days,met them eating (my friend and her boyfriend)my portion was served,I enjoyed my meal and after some minutes,my head started banging,I sheepishly picked my phone and rang my mother,i remember telling her am dead already,woke up in the clinic a day after only to discover that my friend and the boyfriend cooked the food with SPECIAL SPICE ''WEED''i stopped eating at people's houses till date.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
evy800:

Mad man grin

I'm not a man.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Exmilitant(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
On an expedition at sea, we were ambushed by the joint task force and i was shot at.... Only to find myself struggling with a man to let me pass through the gate, the annoying thing was that other people were passing through this gate! After threatening and hurling abuses on the man, i started crying and politely ask him why i was being blocked from going in, he said: 'some one has gone in with your name! So just go back'. The road back was long, vast and lonely but when i turned to go, woke up. i had been unconcious under the sea for 12 hours!!!

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by boom99(m): 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
Last week, a boy of 4yrs. Was playing and mistakingly fell into a very deep well. Nobody even noticed until d mallam fetching water from d well noticed. Alarm was raised and some how they throw somtin into d well l. The boy held it and he was pulled up..... Long story short d boy came out unhurt. ( FESTAC)

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
LordKO:
I have had experiences which are not just near death, but also manifestation of divine grace/miracles - my irreligious disposition notwithstanding. 

One of the experiences is that one early Sunday morning, some years ago, I entered a utility room with a guarded window without my phone, while inside it I decided to find out the reason why the entrance door was often hard to unlock. So, I locked it while inside, unfortunately it knocked and all my efforts to unlock it proved abortive for more than 24 hours. I did everything possible to either use bare hands to open the door or unlock it with the keys to no avail. Worse still, it happened in a detached house in a gated compound and I was living alone; normally I do not entertain visitors without an invitation and I did not have a phone with me to call anyone to come to the house to break the doors and rescue me. I was hungry too, because I was so busy a night before it that I didn't eat before going to bed and I didn't take a breakfast before entering there.

I had resigned to fate, sobbing in tears when an ineffable thought came into me to try one more time to hold the doorknob and open it - the same thing I did several times without positive result - I did and the door opened with no extra force and tactics. But for the divine intervention, I could have stayed there for more than a month without anyone knowing my whereabouts, since it happened in a foreign land.

However, this isn't the main divine experience which changed a whole lot of things in me - the divine experience wasn't a near death one. Everyone has a divine authority guarding and guiding him/her, you'll know this if you're in tune with your subconscious.
foreign land ok,i wanted to ask which kan house be that,a shout will do it in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:43pm On May 09, 2020
SavageBoy:

You are something else grin

Anyway,I love your style of writing

You really got it with the pen

wink
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by davillian(m): 4:43pm On May 09, 2020
First one was driving got to a junction but could not turn so I had reverse to turn properly one of my friend in the car was annoying me so I needed to drop him off....
After I turned with the anger I dint switch the gear to drive and I hit the gas only to find the car going back words the next thing I heard was horn from a trailer I matched the brakes and switch to drive it was just split seconds.....

The 2nd one I was at the jetty and the water was moving at high speed...
So me and my friends was discussing about death( water death ) of people we've lost even good swimmers....
I was looking at the water all of a sudden I could not hear what my friends were saying only the sound of the water
My eyes was already turning white my friend noticed I was moving close to the water like I was hypnotised by something inside the water....
What stopped this whole thing was a tap on my shoulder by my friend and I snap back....

The 3rd one was in the hospital went for test and the nurse that was suppose to take blood samples was struggling to take blood I was watching her and all of a sudden I fainted lol...

4th mum told me I died for some hours when I was a kid was in primary school.
That they have already placed me in a single word and my body was covered for hours, while they were trying to reach my popc...
Mum said she was praying while other women in the word joined her to pray said after everything everyone gave up but mumc didnot because she lost her first child too and now me I want togo that I'm not going any were....
To cut the long story short I sneezed and asked of my dad....
I won't want to say something here but after that day so many things changed about me.....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by AndSunGorilla: 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
veave:
Yes
From almost being kidnapped with my younger brother on our way to school (same man was caught in the act trying to kidnap a child some years later) can never forget his face.

To having an almost ruptured appendix. My saving grace was that pus covered the spot.

To being a victim of Fulani highway robbery attack.

To a ghastly accident at Kabba junction (came out scratch free)

Plus other ones I can't mention. See, I stay far away from people who say there is no God. I've experienced things for this my young age wey be say i go come out speechless anytime I remember I still get shivers.

God I thank you for my life. It's a privilege to still be here.

Only you? You need one year of fasting and praying.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Lastmankc(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
deltateam:

It must be a python. It's quite harmless.
Who told you that Pythons are quite harmless? Just pray you don't have contact with an Africa rock python

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by kendological(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2020
Monaco2:
It was over 10 years ago I was in the living room reading wen all of a sudden my neck began to bend to one side, I was scared cus I was alone I thought I was going to die n all that came to my mind were my mom n siblings, I tried using my hands to straighten my head but all to no avail naso my eyes begin b like say e wan tear.... as I was passing out I was hearing voices saying hold e leg hold e hand hmmmmm. Woke up hours later on the floor with my hands stretched out to each side on top of two cushions.... till this day I still don’t know wat happened
Epileptic seizure.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Angelacruz: 4:46pm On May 09, 2020
Our words are powerful
tomju:
Have you ever missed death? I have!
In was in 2002, I was working offshore Eket Akwa Ibom state about that time. I left to onshore on an errand for the company. To get some PPE ordered for the crew from land.
I spent the night onshore and next day I went to do the assignment. I completed and was set to return to work. Meanwhile, I was instructed to buy Guardian Newspaper, The Sun and Punch for the supervisor.
I was at the park in Eket, boarded a taxi. I sat in front, when I remembered that I did not buy the 3 newspapers. I called a vendor. He had only The Sun. I purchased it, dropped it on my already paid front seat, and begged to driver to protect the seat as the taxi was still loading.
I ran to where other vendors were. I got the 2 remaining newspapers and walked back. It took say 4 mins or less. As I was approaching the loading taxi, a young man entered and sat in front. I came and was like, please sir that is my seat. He said how can? I did not see anyone here! The driver said, oga, I told you someone was there! He argued that never! he saw only a newspaper on this seat and he picked it and sat there. We argued for a while and it seems he will not get up. The usual me, I wanted to fight him, surprisingly I did not but instead became numb and cold sort of.
I tried one more time, sir, you are sitting on my seat please stand up. He said, listen, "over my dead body would I stand up for you". That was it.
I expected the driver to say something like okay, if you dont step out I will not go. He didnt. He kept quiet. In anger, I sat at the back.
I was so angry with everything that I didnt know what to do. As I reluctanly sat at the back, each time my eyes sees the back of his head I felt so cheated. So I said. driver, please I will not go again with you, return my money! Driver said wait e remain 2 persons.
Meanwhile 5 persons arrived. 2 entered this taxi the other 3 plus my self making 4 entered the next turn. I sat in front in the next taxi forgetting my SUN Newspaper!
The driver said lets go I will be collecting the money as we are going.
The first taxi drove off, 4 mins later we left. Its a journey of 35 to 40 mins. We stopped at a filling station, lo and behold the taxi that I refused to enter was there. An argument ensued. One woman was going to Ukpenekang, in Ibeno, while the driver carried QIT Ibeno direct. So they wanted someone who is going to QIT direct to replace the woman. That was me. I was going to QIT Direct and running late. This other 3 persons are going to Ukpenekang. It would have made sense if we switched places, and the woman joins here. I refused. I said I had agreed to follow the longer route of Ukpenekang first before QIT, just so I dont see that man that took my seat.
All entreaties to make me switch back to my original taxi failed. So they drove off. We followed. We will drive for 25 mins before we tee off from them. Precisely 20 mins into the journey a trailer carrying timber swerved to avoid a pothlole and ran directly into the taxi 400 metres ahead of us! It smashed the entire front part of the taxi into pieces! Before it ran into the bush. The trailer driver was unconscious. The two motor boys jumped off. One siustained a serious injuryy, One died. It was graphic. We slowed down and parked behind them , just under 10 seconds a massive crowd had gathered trying to rescue the survivors and the injured. That driver dead on the spot. The man sitting in front dead on the spot! He lost his 2 legs. The only thing that made us recognise him was 1, He was in front. 2. The sun newspaper I forgot in anger-it was soaked in blood. on his laps. Gosh, I always get emotional remembering this incident. The woman behind survived with minor scratches. Her son who was with her behind was unconscious-was later revived. In total 3 persons were dead on the spot.
That was the day I dropped the phrase. "Over my dead body"! Did the man leave that sit? Yes he did leave but it was over his dead body! He said it....and it came to pass. Sometimes, I wouldn't really now why God saved me but I feel there is a purpose. What would have happened if the man stood up and gave me that sit? Maybe nothing!. Why because we wasted so much time dragging who owns the seat. We may have passed that bad spot before the trailer got there! Delay is good at times. Evil will just pass over you. Meanwhile information reached my office that the taxi i boarded had a fatal accident. Everyone was thrown into panic mood.Why did he go offshore when he was still on duty offshore. Long story short, I called that i was alive and got in offshore last chopper 5.30pm that evening. Sfter helping to evacuate the dead and injured to the hospital.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by evy800(f): 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm not a man.

Oh... apologies
That was one funny shit tho

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2020
uuzba:
Did you come of the well? Or you are still there?
gringrin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Jerryembassy91(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2020
OMG...thank God for your life ...live right manh..second chance
HarunaWest:
February 24, 2018 was the day I will never forget . Happened in oshogbo around 6:45a.m. Was journeying back to Kogi with my colleagues, then all of a sudden the driver started screaming Jesus, Jesus, I knee instantly that shit has hit the fan. The front tire(right) bursted and all of a sudden our car started somersaulting like Olympic champion. It's turned thrice and landed on its head. Thankfully I was strapped on a seat belt. I wasn't hurt, not even a scratch.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
in case

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by frank41(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
veave:
Yes
From almost being kidnapped with my younger brother on our way to school (same man was caught in the act trying to kidnap a child some years later) can never forget his face.

To having an almost ruptured appendix. My saving grace was that pus covered the spot.

To being a victim of Fulani highway robbery attack.

To a ghastly accident at Kabba junction (came out scratch free)

Plus other ones I can't mention. See, I stay far away from people who say there is no God. I've experienced things for this my young age wey be say i go come out speechless anytime I remember I still get shivers.

God I thank you for my life. It's a privilege to still be here.

Dear God is real and his marvelous works are real.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

wink
please honey can you write a story for me. cry
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Charmingrascal(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I've had an out of body experience, I felt myself leave my body and was going down, like falling, it was so scary I thought I was dying.

I had the same experience In 2018
I was alone in our sitting room sleeping on a couch, then I saw my soul (I don't know what to call it) left my body it went outside the balcony look around for few seconds and I was asking myself or my soul was asking itself "am I dead" it came back to my body after wandering in the balcony for few seconds (not up to a minute) immediately the soul was reunited with my body I woke up from sleep. It was a very scary experience I swear. I actually thought I was dead

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by membranus: 4:54pm On May 09, 2020
scott04:

90% of those that experience NDE tend to become atheist or apatheist.

No Bro, they tend to become Christians.

Go and read any Psychology textbook, NDE full there. My favourite topic when reading in the library during my undergraduate days.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:54pm On May 09, 2020
LTRAVIS:
Yes....the current lock down in port harcourt
guy u no lie... since Thursday, everyday is near death experience in this ph

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:55pm On May 09, 2020
Near death experience Ke? It was Death that once had a near-goalnaldo experience. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Ishilove: 4:55pm On May 09, 2020
Does getting dragged in a keke in the middle of the highway count? You hear someone screaming and screaming in the voice of one almost gone mad with horror and terror, and a detached part of your consciousness coolly wonders "who is that person screaming like a lunatic??!" When the keke finally comes a halt after what seems like hours of tumbling, you crawl out the wreckage shaken, nose bleeding and with the shocking realisation that the crazed screams emanated from your own throat.

Does that count?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by TemmyDayo50(m): 4:55pm On May 09, 2020
Kaamisha:

In the wake state? What induced it?

grin... You know nah.... Why asking... grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Adewale623(m): 4:56pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:
What has been a near death experience to you?

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.

When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin

I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear. The other kid was laughing, while I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed

While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.

I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.

As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad
Yes, I could remember a day when I was riding motorcycle in the night, there was a bridge under construction which was not covered yet which I didn't aware, my motorcycle and I just entered inside the uncovered bridge, but I thank God that safe me that day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Bruno3000(m): 4:56pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Mine was when I was a little girl, playing with 2 of my friends of about the same age, we thought it was a good idea to take turns to carry each other on our shoulders.

When it was my turn to climb onto the shoulder of one, I immediately knew it was a bad idea when I got on because, one, I had the fear of heights, and so I couldn't keep still grin

I wanted her to put me down immediately, but we didn't know the easiest way to do that...omg! embarassed
We kept wobbling back and forth because I couldn't keep still out of fear. The other kid was laughing, while I was beside myself with fear embarassed
Lastly, I fell so hard with my stomach slamming on the hard ground with a loud thud ( the most painful experience), I swear, for some seconds I couldn't breathe embarassed

While I was on the ground gasping for air, desperately trying to breathe and fighting to grasp onto life, my two so-called friends were laughing hysterically angry cry
When I was finally able to catch my breath, I cried so loud and hard....I cried ehn cry cry cry then they knew how serious it was.

I swear, I could have died that day and my parents would never have known what killed me.
Of course, they never knew what happened because I never told them. Heck! I never spoke about it ever. I just sucked it up.

As little as I was, I knew I could have died that day because what happened was serious...I just knew sad
fear fear grin
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by lewis512(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2020
Front page criteria fill this thread
Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Fidelismaria: 4:59pm On May 09, 2020
papermill:
..hmmm whilst moving like a speed of light in a fitted tunnel i sighted a bright light beyond my explanation/imagination with colors never seen before. everything was so fast, all of a sudden i stopped at the middle and i heard a voice said go back .i regain consciousness and open my eyes ..low and behold it was 11am in the morning and crowd was in my house crying...i began to sweat and was scared.. things i wont forget was the light and the voice ... it was so peaceful that i would like to hear that voice again....

now this is a NDE

op what was the reaction of the people present when you suddenly gained consciousness

also that voice that said go back

Was it God or some other being?

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Macktaob(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Forgive me. I perceive things differently. wink
You're forgiven, go and sin no more!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Near Death Experience? by Spectaclesawe25: 4:59pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

U never see gun pointed at ur head en.
I dey imagine my own burial.
I sharply handedover my Motorola phone to the guy and hope fr d best that nite bfr one of my exams in university days in the year 2007.
Book no gree enter head again sef, after the incident... It was a terrible nite.
Whenever I read thieves killing pple while trying to snatch phones or other goods, I feel I owe God thousand thanks for my own narrow escape.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Do Some Ladies Hype Themselves Like This ? / See What Phcn Can Turn Someone To (pix) / What's The Name Of This Insect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.