Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) (83980 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by PropertyBuying(f): 5:04am On May 11, 2020
codedguy1:
The mad king Governor!

What utter wicked and despicable act.

angry sad
grin Let's watch and see just as the elders I'm Rivers and All over Nigeria are watching the excesses of the governor.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Odogwu999(m): 5:12am On May 11, 2020
okomile:
Continue
Na your time now
Tomr dey round d corner oooo

He will soon regret it especially if he seaks 4 a new position

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Iykolysis: 5:14am On May 11, 2020
KayCee92:
Wike, many love you and applaud the zeal and energy with which you started this fight against the Corona viruse but Nairaland is united once again in their voice and condemns this action in its entirety. What is bad is bad. However, wike is but a human, sometimes we go overboard just because we are pushed too hard. What's done is done, he could just tender an apology once this era of virus is done with. I think he should compensate them privately.

KayCee92, you are alone, I'm not with you. People should learn to obey simple orders. Mr. Wike continue with your iron fist leadership. I commend you sir.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by funshint(m): 5:16am On May 11, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
and the hotel operators had the option of obeying the executive order signed by the governor same way every other law abiding citizen have been obeying
What is executive order?! Are we operating a military decree or what?!!

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by funshint(m): 5:17am On May 11, 2020
Iykolysis:

KayCee92, you are alone, I'm not with you. People should learn to obey simple orders. Mr. Wike continue with your iron fist leadership. I commend you sir.
If God was to be like Wike I'm sure nobody will be alive. If in law justice is tempered with mercy....this is just too much!

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Odogwu999(m): 5:18am On May 11, 2020
The man never jam tyrant were wicked pass am make him dy do
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Alanpoza007: 5:58am On May 11, 2020
ndcide:

It happens everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8291341/amp/Texas-judge-JAILS-defiant-hair-salon-owner-opened-business-despite-stay-home-orders.html
So this is the best you can come up with to defend your mini-god Wike? Did you even read the article in the link you posted. If you did, you wouldn't be comparing that to the wickedness of what Wike has done. The person involved was given just a 7 day jail sentence, and it was after she erred again that she was fined 7,000GBP. Can you see how reasonable leaders behave unlike the tyrant you're supporting his wicked actions? Is that what you want to use to compare demolishing an entire hotel, potentially destroying the livelihood of the owner and numerous others who earn their living working in that hotel. I don't just know what to call a person like you. Indeed, Nigerians are in love with their oppressors.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Arizonaguy(m): 6:00am On May 11, 2020
Gemid94:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has given reasons why he demolished Prodest Hotel in Alode and Etemeteh Hotel in Onne, both in Eleme Local Government Area of the state.

Wike said the hotels were demolished after it violated an Executive Order on COVID 19, despite warnings from the State government.

The Governor said that the focus on hotels was because one of the coronavirus cases in the state spread the virus from a hotel.

Wike who monitored the demolition of Prodest Hotel, Alode, Eleme said his action was in line with the Rivers State Government Executive Order 6, which banned the operation of hotels across the 23 Local Government Areas of the State.

Governor Wike told newsmen at the demolition scene that the law must be obeyed, hence the State Government’s decision to enforce it.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/covid-19-gov-wike-gives-reasons-for-demolishing-two-hostels

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC5ox_DlPmE
Wike will partially be right if demolition of structures is stated as a penalty for violators of lockdown order in the recently passed emergency bill or as a fiat
Either way, it's still gross
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by begge: 6:17am On May 11, 2020
if wike is boko haram are u sure he will not worst than the so called shekaraw. i say wike is mad and lunatic. fool idiot
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 6:34am On May 11, 2020
You won't remain in power for ever.

What happened to tempering justice with mercy?

This man is a tyrant.
Rubbish, he is breading more personal enemies to himself,you think those guys will forgive you for destroying their properties worth millions?

This is wickedness and you have no excuse for demolishing it.

You no go stay there forever.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by activities2020: 6:55am On May 11, 2020
This Governor belongs to a motor park ...crazy ..
How can u justify ur action ?.....God have mercy on u.....Stupid goat..
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by yahmohy27: 6:56am On May 11, 2020
J111333:
I was expecting to hear an urban planning related issue as the reason. Wike has completely gone mad. angry

Igbo Amaka
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by yahmohy27: 6:57am On May 11, 2020
GamalNasser:
Our leaders have very poor brains and poor thought processes going on in them!!!!! Why demolish structures housing and employing people in a country that is having massive housing deficit and unemployment ... Tommorow now Wike will come here and say he doesn't have enough Isolation centres , what stop you from converting said building into COVID isolation centre or hospital and then fining the owner when he wants to recover it post COVID
Even your own Wine the Lion Of Rivers?
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by 6digitscomrade: 7:01am On May 11, 2020
adekolaelect:
explanation for intensionally destroying someone hard earned properties in the name of fighting invisible virus .ask yourself how many testing Kitts ,Isolation centers and awareness had he provided for his state? Tell us what he has dished out for his people as palliative in his state to warrant his people to stay at home peacefully ? Tell us how positively the demolition of properties can contribute to the successful fighting of covid 19 in his state ?I can't blame you for supporting him ,the same thing affected you and your people fearing of establishing any good business in you region simply because of bitterness in whatever you do. Migrators always blame their host simply because of election but supporting their Governor of impunity by destroying people's ventures simply because of his ego of tyranny.
u are a lazy beggar !!! And I’m not ibo neither I’m a nepotistic bigot like you.. I see humans not colour ,tribe or race , perhaps it’s one of the numerous distinctive attributes that separates me from a VIP nuisance like u..
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Igwesamco: 7:18am On May 11, 2020
This is act of wickedness thought I was dreaming never know is reality.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by xpensivealex(m): 7:19am On May 11, 2020
It would have been better to give order that any hotel found of beaching the order would be converted to isolation centre,everyone will comply cos of the afteneath panic by customers that an hotel was once converted to an isolation centre.but this woke method is so tyrannical
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by coins501(m): 7:29am On May 11, 2020
Sniper101:
Those of you who keep saying that Governor Wike 'can' be sued to Court because he is on the wrong side of things for demolishing those Guest Houses...
"una well done o"

It's like when the government passes a law that says "thou shall not steal". That anyone caught stealing will be put in prison.

You went ahead to steal, and you got caught.

Now, the government is about to send you to prison, for stealing, and you're saying the government should just give you a fine and let you go, instead of sending you to prison? WTF is that undecided
Your comment reeks of ignorance undecided. Even if any such law was passed , prescribing demolition of property as the punishment is unconstitutional and I'm sure you know the constitution is supreme, two wrongs don't make a right my brother.
And by the way executive orders cannot be said to be law properly so called in a democracy.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by codedguy1(m): 7:30am On May 11, 2020
ndcide:

It happens everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8291341/amp/Texas-judge-JAILS-defiant-hair-salon-owner-opened-business-despite-stay-home-orders.html

What absolute nonsense comparison is this. Did the judge or even the gov demolish the salon?

If wike had done this nobody will accuse him of being a wicked inconsiderate overzealous power intoxicated idiot.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by gaskiyamagana: 7:33am On May 11, 2020
Buhari is dis, Buhari is dat, what is Wike now?
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Damseldammie(f): 7:48am On May 11, 2020
....but this is uncalled for Wicked wike

You're so mean

Nonsensical nonsense
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by ekwerendi(m): 7:49am On May 11, 2020
This Wike is closing ways for PDP candidates come 2023,the people will use it against PDP
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by coins501(m): 7:56am On May 11, 2020
Arizonaguy:
Wike will partially be right if demolition of structures is stated as a penalty for violators of lockdown order in the recently passed emergency bill or as a fiat
Either way, it's still gross
He can't be right, such a law would be unconstitutional.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by unmask: 8:01am On May 11, 2020
ndcide:

It happens everywhere.

Did you even read what you posted.

First it said Judge
Second her business was shut and not "demolished"

The law is there true.....but you don't use a tractor to kill a cockroach

This is a democracy and it goes against what democracy stands for..... except we are no longer in a democracy.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by thinkwithus: 8:02am On May 11, 2020
this is totally wrong. this gov has gone mad
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Endowed595(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
But presidential hotel is operating full time. Why has wike not demolished it. Because it is a state govt owned hotel.

I like wike but I disagree with him on this demolition.

I pray wike should not incure the wrath of Rivers people.

Wike lacks humility or loyalty, he respects no one, never willing to take advice from anyone.

I urge Gov wike to tender an unreserved appology to the people of Rivers state, rebuild the hotel and compensate the hotel owners.

If your parents died as a result of the opening of that hotel, would you be here talking this rubbish like you don't have sense?
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by coins501(m): 8:16am On May 11, 2020
Theboss100:
Shut up my man. All of you up there castigating him should SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPP.. You people are driving me crazy. Do u know what is happening in Rivers State?? Policemen are collecting bribe to let strangers in despite the border closure. If this COVID 19 cases in Rivers escalate, APC Rivers will mock him as a failure. You will also join in mocking him. He doesn't want that hence this strict rules. So shut up and blame FG for all this and not Governor Wike
My dear brother, What the police is doing at our borders is not unique to us only but that still doesn't justify our governor demolishing a citizen's property. If he made any such law, it is draconian , undemocratic and unconstitutional. Buhari has been failing from day one but we can't blame him for Wike's actions
PS: Even if you're his follower, for the sake of our future. Don't always support manifest evils. The most loyal thing to do is to remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by PointB: 8:21am On May 11, 2020
Wike is wrong on every level.

The excuse is lame.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by OdefaGirl(f): 8:24am On May 11, 2020
No one kills his child because he pooed on the floor instead of potty.... please sir, you could have ceased their license, or sealed it up or arrested the manager..... anything else but to pull it down.
These are people's life investments.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Theboss100(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2020
coins501:

My dear brother, What the police is doing at our borders is not unique to us only but that still doesn't justify our governor demolishing a citizen's property. If he made any such law, it is draconian , undemocratic and unconstitutional. Buhari has been failing from day one but we can't blame him for Wike's actions
PS: Even if you're his follower, for the sake of our future. Don't always support manifest evils. The most loyal thing to do is to remain silent.
He acted based on Executive order 1 to 6 of the state laws. They are being taken to the state mobile court before they are sentenced. Moreso, the owner of the hotel unleash thugs on taskforce and injured many. Hence the demonition and the bounty placed on the youth leader of Eleme PDP. Get information right before you people begin to curse. thanks
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by backbone503(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2020
This guy made the law, interpreted it, and went ahead to execute it. The right to property is a fundamental human right. Those guys should sue this tyrant's ass.

Wike is a lawyer, his wife a very senior Judge, they should know the better.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by joshuanwankwo(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2020
guru90:
Obey is better than sacrifice.

Yesterday, I disobeyed their rules. curfew starts 8pm but I was on the road 8:30pm... Policemen stopped my car and they was dragging with my car key.

But Finally, I dashed them 1k and they release my car key sharp sharp.

Because They told me section 40k but if u hv anything drop out for us....

But I thank God no be for Rivers, they catch me.......

Wikd for demolish your car, e go shock you.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by topatee: 9:08am On May 11, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ajimobi's Burial: No Social Distancing As People Struggle To Get Food (Video) / Biafra: Women Go Nude In Abiriba, Abia To Protest Against Soldiers (Video, Pics) / Please Call Tinubu To Order, Dele Momodu Tells President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.